fadi

ARE U WITH THE NEW RULE IN EC???

Post by fadi »

hi
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Why do you start a poll? There's a thread about this subject in General Discussion already.

Are you against the new rule, fadi?
aizen

Post by aizen »

nobody is against the rules, but somebodies are against the way it comes.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

About this rule tell me What we are going to talk, about tomatoes?
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

aizen wrote:nobody is against the rules, but somebodies are against the way it comes.
We are ALL against the way they came about, but they are here now and the hope is that this forum will go back to being an English language forum.
aizen

Post by aizen »

this is what everybody wants
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Tomatoes are very good. :lol:

Shokin
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

the problem is not the rule, (which is also stupid) but it's the members here, very immature
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

The people who cannot laugh and have humour are very immature. :twisted:

Shokin
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I agree with Admiral and Shokin. Some people here have showed their childish behavior in taking things too personally and replying with insults to other member's posts.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:I agree with Admiral and Shokin. Some people here have showed their childish behavior in taking things too personally and replying with insults to other member's posts.
Don't forget the private messages also. :x
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Oh Yes!!! I AGREE with that new rule!!! I'm very happy about that!!! But I think If we're gonna talk about those kinds of topics, we could do it as smart people we are! :P I prefer not talking about it now... later... as soon as the storm goes away.....
Last edited by Oriani on Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aizen

Post by aizen »

LennyeTran wrote:
Dixie wrote:I agree with Admiral and Shokin. Some people here have showed their childish behavior in taking things too personally and replying with insults to other member's posts.

you can name me directly, what's wrong with ya, i already fixed it so you have just to forget . got it?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

aizen wrote: you can name me directly, what's wrong with ya, i already fixed it so you have just to forget . got it?
Nobody is talking about you, you're new here so what do you know?
fadi

Post by fadi »

Dixie wrote:Why do you start a poll? There's a thread about this subject in General Discussion already.

Are you against the new rule, fadi?
sure dixie i am with the new rule.,.but the way iy comes is so strange i think
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

aizen wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:

you can name me directly, what's wrong with ya, i already fixed it so you have just to forget . got it?
Why are you being offensive? Have you sent anyone any insulting messages?
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

The problem is Anti-Semitic posts being tolerated. There is a war going on in the real world. This war is life and death and affects many people. People on this forum are on opposite sides of this Life and Death situation. You can't expect them to leave their feelings out of this. That is foolishness! People (maybe even EC members) are actually dying and killing right now over this. EC can not stay neutral over this. If you sit on the fence you will sooner or later get shaken off!
If anti-Semitic posts are tolerated then EC has chosen what side it is on!

Good luck trying to keep EC members personal pain out of EC forums. It won't last unless you keep all those who disagree with you out of EC!
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

In theory I agree with the new rule.

Personally I think it is a real shame that it had to come to it though.
aizen

Post by aizen »

this post should be removed from general discussion, there is no need to talk about it now.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

I agree with the new rule. However, sometimes some posts about religion and politics were funny to read and kind of entertaining. :D
jeffcox
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jeffcox »

I have participated in both the political and religious threads on this site.

I have read some thing with which I disagree. Some things, I can imagine, were offensive to others. I have been offended on one or two occassions.

But, I think that if you reduce the chance for responsible dialogue, you only fuel the differnces. I have read many comments that I found interesing. I have even done more research on several issues and arguments given by EC members like Lennye and Danyet. I don't always agree with them :shock: but I try to understand why they think like this. This leads to understanding and tollerance.

But such interaction does require responsibility.

So, I'm against the rule... but I'm in favor of more control over rude and offensive content in such dialogues.
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

I usually keep quite on these topics. However I enjoy reading those threads from different people, from different point of views and sometime it makes me angry and sometime it also makes me happy. The more I read the more I understand EC members better.

You have to know that when you choice to debate on these topics, you must accept the pain cause by people from the others side and no matter how much you like it or not, it always comes to your way.

Politics and religions are hot topics and it is part of our daily life, therefore it is hard for us not discussing them. I think it is nice to have these topics but people who participate need to control their anger by expose the bad contents.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Better than aply a no sense rule is baned people who is imature, obnouxious, etc. People who want to express an opinion must to have the right to do it. not no give that right is the oposite to democracy. This forum has been the best I have found at Internet because of the diversity of opinions, then I hope to continue reading those. If someone is baned to be obnouxious, agressive, inmature, I will happy, but fistable the administrator must to give and advice to those people.
A nosense rule is not a solution, we continue talking about religion an politic and the proof is that we are here, talking about a no sense rule, when we could talk about another intersting topics, even if they refer to politic or religion.
Is this a forume to improve your english, YEAH! but english is not only sports,hobbies, friends, etc, We musto to improve our bocavulary, then we need to talk about all the fields of knowledge.
That´s what I think
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Elba wrote: Is this a forume to improve your english, YEAH! but english is not only sports,hobbies, friends, etc, We musto to improve our bocavulary, then we need to talk about all the fields of knowledge.
That´s what I think
Yeah, but the problem will start when people only limit themselves to express in a way such as you're a caveman, a dirty pig, worst than trash, are you human?, you fools, have no brain, dumb, etc. instead of providing reliable sources, opinions and/or facts. How would one learn more English when they only try this hard?
Ksju

Post by Ksju »

Yeah, the majority makes a decision...
But is the majority always right..? NO.

I was absent for a long time from this forum,
and found this new rule was the most bright emotion so far. And can't say good emotion.
Just was surprised to see it?
Why we can't discuss politics and religion???!!!!
If not discuss ...

Just don't understand this...
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Religion and politic are to serve, not for discuss. U did not know? :twisted:

Anyway I suggest another new rule "Administration decisions are conclusive and don't belong to discuss" :twisted: :twisted:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Ksju wrote:Yeah, the majority makes a decision...
But is the majority always right..? NO.

I was absent for a long time from this forum,
and found this new rule was the most bright emotion so far. And can't say good emotion.
Just was surprised to see it?
Why we can't discuss politics and religion???!!!!
If not discuss ...

Just don't understand this...
nice to see you back! if you have a look through some topics that are closed now you will see the reason for making such a decision.