journalists are still dying...

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

journalists are still dying...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

The Russian woman was treading on thin ice.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

danyet wrote:The Russian woman was treading on thin ice.
sure she was... no wonder journalism IS a dangerous profession
but it sounds like you're quite satisfied with the fact of murderer or at least it wasn't wonder for you

adding a piece of information to LM's link - news says ( I still trust some of it) - she is more known for investigation concerning federals' actions in Chechnya during the two wars but they say now she has been investigating the kidnapping in Chechnya as she said had a connection with the current Chechenian PM Ramzan Kadirov...
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

She was sympathetic to Russia's enemies. She put Russian soldiers life at risk! I do not feel sorry for her.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

danyet wrote:She was sympathetic to Russia's enemies. She put Russian soldiers life at risk! I do not feel sorry for her.
I'm afraid you're mistaken
Boris

Post by Boris »

danyet wrote:She was sympathetic to Russia's enemies. She put Russian soldiers life at risk! I do not feel sorry for her.
I think you are mistaken. It sounds strange.
She was human right activist and come out against wars in Chechen Republic. Of course it was not pleasant to the government, but hardly, it becomes the reason of her murder.
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

danyet :-
you are have double faces:
so after i finish read alot of respondes from you , i can assure you that you are hate muslim ....
yes i with sheishan to defence about themselves againt russia
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

i mean responses
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

zaman wrote:danyet :-
you are have double faces:
so after i finish read alot of respondes from you , i can assure you that you are hate muslim ....
yes i with sheishan to defence about themselves againt russia
who are you with? I didn't get it at all :?
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

danyet wrote:She put Russian soldiers life at risk! I do not feel sorry for her.
Look, I don't think you are right about blaming her for putting soldiers' life at risk. She was just a journalist even though a prominent one.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

wllsp wrote:
danyet wrote:She put Russian soldiers life at risk! I do not feel sorry for her.
Look, I don't think you are right about blaming her for putting soldiers' life at risk. She was just a journalist even though a prominent one.
If she was making out that the Chechnyans are the VICTIMS and that Russian soldiers are all evil and bad, then she was inadvertantly giving the enemies of Russia comfort and aid. She was hardening the Chechnyan rebels resolve to fight and kill more Russian soldiers.

She was leading the Chechnyans to believe that all the world was on their side.
Misi

Post by Misi »

This woman was not Russian at all. Her nationality was jewish / so she was so-called Russian speaking jew. /
Actually she was born in 1958 in New York, in family of Soviet diplomats worked there. According to laws of the USA the person who has born in this country, after achievement of majority has the right to receive the American passport. In the beginning 90, after disintegration of the USSR, she has issued to itself through embassy of the USA in Moscow the American citizenship.

There are not any reasons to talk about her as about Russian woman.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Misi wrote:Actually she was born in 1958 in New York, in family of Soviet diplomats worked there. According to laws of the USA the person who has born in this country, after achievement of majority has the right to receive the American passport. In the beginning 90, after disintegration of the USSR, she has issued to itself through embassy of the USA in Moscow the American citizenship.
To be honest, if I'd had chance to get an American passport in 1993 I would have done the same thing even though I fully support Russian troops in that war. As you know we had a really awful situation here and getting an American passport wasn't bad idea at all.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

danyet wrote: If she was making out that the Chechnyans are the VICTIMS and that Russian soldiers are all evil and bad, then she was inadvertantly giving the enemies of Russia comfort and aid. She was hardening the Chechnyan rebels resolve to fight and kill more Russian soldiers.

She was leading the Chechnyans to believe that all the world was on their side.
Yes, I agree, she was doing things which supported Chechen rebels. However, that worries me is not her position but rather rumours that she was paid for that beforehand.

Anyway, my first post was meant to underline that we should not put blame on her despite her anti-Russian position. The army was not adequately prepared for this war and Russian generals in fact must bear full responsibility for their solders.
Misi

Post by Misi »

wllsp wrote:
danyet wrote:
Yes, I agree, she was doing things which supported Chechen rebels. .....

Excuse me, please. It seems my english skills are so far from fluent. But what does 'rebel' actually mean?

As my memory serves me right Chechens who killed children in a school in Beslan were typical bandits and terrorists. Or a 'rebel' really means an 'islamic patriot', the same as these islamic patriots who commited suicide 11th September in USA and later in London when they gave their lives as a sacrifice in a blessed fight of islam against american and british capital?.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Misi wrote:
wllsp wrote: ....
Yes, I agree, she was doing things which supported Chechen rebels. .....

Excuse me, please. It seems my english skills are so far from fluent. But what does 'rebel' actually mean?
Meaning of rebel:
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/di ... GqUX.sgMMF
Besides, this is a phrase I've heard lots of times on CNN.

My mistake was that I used the wrong tense. I should have said "she did things which supported Chechen rebels."
Misi wrote: As my memory serves me right Chechens who killed children in a school in Beslan were typical bandits and terrorists
Sure.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

wllsp wrote:
My mistake was that I used the wrong tense.
No. Your tense is correct in both cases. The sentences have the same meaning.

Your mistake was referring to Chechnyan Terrorists as mere "rebels". Islamic rooted rebellion always involves terrorism. And anyone who aids these terrorists deserves to end up like this stupid woman.
Misi

Post by Misi »

Ohhh Thank you for your remarks.
It seems I understood a little bit....so bandits who killed Russian children are 'rebels' / To refuse allegiance to and oppose by force an established government or ruling authority /, but islamic patriots who fought against USA are 'terrorists', but american terrorists who kill innocent people in Iraq are 'creators of democracy' ...

It is so difficult to learn english in this case.

P.S. I can not find such american word as 'nigger' /by the way there is not such word as 'nigger' in Russian language/ in NTC's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloqual Expressions (The Most Practical Reference for the Informal Expressions of Contemporary American English , third edition NTC's publishing groop), but in my English-Russian dictionary (Multilex 2.0) I have this word and examples of this using ..

nigger ['nIge] n
1. амер. пренебр. черномазый, ниггер
field nigger — ист. «полевой ниггер»; невольник-негр, работающий на плантации
house nigger — ист. «дворовый ниггер», слуга-негр (из невольников)
to work like a nigger — @ работать как вол
Last edited by Misi on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

No, you still don't understand. The scum that killed kids in Beslan were terrorists and Islamic terrorists at that.

Also, USA is not terrorist group. But I think you already know that. If you don't, then you need to get your information from a more reliable source.
Misi

Post by Misi »

Ohhh Yes, I understood at last...Americans who kill innocent citizens in Iraq can not be terrorists because they use modern weapons for it. Thank you very much for your explanation.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

And you think that real terrorists like those who killed the people in Beslan or suicide bombers who kill young Jewish people in a pizza shop don't use "modern weapons"?
They all have modern weapons. It is HOW they use them that counts. You are not worth 2 cents of my time. If you think that American soldiers are terrorists then you are a terrorist yourself or you are so ignorant that you don't know the difference.

This post has been edited. Admin
fadi

Post by fadi »

danyet wrote:And you think that real terrorists like those who killed the people in Beslan or suicide bombers who kill young Jewish people in a pizza shop don't use "modern weapons"?
They all have modern weapons. It is HOW they use them that counts. You are not worth 2 cents of my time. If you think that American soldiers are terrorists then you are a terrorist yourself or you are so ignorant that you don't know the difference.

This post has been edited. Admin
by the way dont forget that your fake country which they call it israel.,.is the most terrorist country :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: well maby the NAZI is better than israel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

It is no wonder that Administration has to edit my posts and threaten me with corporal punishment (30 lashes in this case) and write 100 times on the black board that "I am a bad little bandicoot ", when I have to read posts from people with such a distorted belief system.
Perhaps we should stay with the topic and not turn this into another "Amerika (and Israel) are the root of the whole worlds problems" thread. Hmmmm? .... hmmm?.....hmmmmm?

Sheeese! Wake me something important happens around here, I'm going back to sleep!
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

fadi wrote: by the way dont forget that your fake country which they call it israel.,.is the most terrorist country
Look, I understand you perfectly. But I don't support you. In my opinion you waste you time chanting things like this, but it's up to you to do it. Whatever you choose the conflict between Israel and you is not going to be solved, I'm sure.
fadi wrote: well maby the NAZI is better than israel
Really? You seem to know nothing about Nazi.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »