Do you think I should change myself?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

What do you usually do when someone offend you?

I'm asking this question, because I don't know what to do :?

When I studied at school, there was a teacher whom I had a great respect, and I always listened her lessons
with interest. But one day, at the last exam I had to fill in a sheet of a paper and I made a mistake there,
she said that I am a stupid person...I didn't say her anything... Now, when I meet her casually(accidentally) in the street, it happens very seldom, she thinks that I'm very glad to see her, but she's wrong.
And, last year there were a lecturer in the university where I study. At a one day, he said that it would be better to me to try myself as a car washer rather than studying in the university...I was going to reply him that It's not his business, but I didn't say anything...Now, when I'm facing with him in the university's corridors, I don't say him Hello.
And, today my grandmother said things that I never expected to hear...I didn't say anything, I don't like offend anyone.

Do you think I should change myself? :oops:
babara
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by babara »

Sometimes that you don't say anything to someone according to you told it will make you tense ..I think you can explain or ask or say anything to be able to know that why do they say that and they overdo ...for me I respect my teacher very much too but you can tell they with reason I think they will listen and maybe won't say that ..I'm not happy to hear that too so you should tell anything but with good words and reason 'cause they are person who should respect. It will make you feel good because you will can see now you don't say and you feel bad so say anything or a bit maybe you will be relieve 'cause you won't keep everything in yourself but share to others offending you ..it will be better I think.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Tell that person you wish him/her (can't tell the gender by your post there) well in his/her teaching career since NO teacher is allowed to degrade a student like that. It's a crime of humanity! And this teacher has committed a crime. :x :x :x
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Do you think I should change myself?

Post by MissLT »

Xkalibur wrote:
And, today my grandmother said things that I never expected to hear...I didn't say anything, I don't like offend anyone.

Do you think I should change myself? :oops:
Old people say all sorta ~. Don't let it bother you.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Just become less sensitive to peoples words. Everybody in general is too sensitive to words. They are only words. They have no value unless you give them value.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Hardi wrote:I hate such people who say nothing, when I abuse them... How I could learn to respect you, if u don't beat me up when I say something abusive to you? I maybe even don't know that I did something wrong..

If some one abuse you. U need to stay for your self.. Not take it ill, but u can't let others to think, that they could do whatever they want.
Stand up for yourself if someone PHYSICALLY abuse you, but not when they VERBALLY abuse you. Ignore them if you see they can't reach maturity any further.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hardi wrote:I hate such people who say nothing, when I abuse them... How I could learn to respect you, if u don't beat me up when I say something abusive to you? I maybe even don't know that I did something wrong..

If some one abuse you. U need to stay for your self.. Not take it ill, but u can't let others to think, that they could do whatever they want.
.[/quote]

I do that when someone in the street says something wrong to me...but when someone older than me abusing me I'm shocked and don't know what to reply him.

Thanks to everybody for advices!
ghadeer

Post by ghadeer »

well i want to tell you something about me may help you.when i was at college there was a studnt who is very noisy and dont respect others coz she thought she is better than others,she was my classmate and she had goog marks usually but my marks was better she was jelous ,she tried to emparese me ,she talk about me in bad way but always i treat her v well that made her crazy more and more and i helped her in study,all people in our classes respect me and think i am a good person.you know i felt how much being good is better and revenge to you without any need to do bad things or offend others
MooNboy
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by MooNboy »

When people want you to change, you ask yourself about it.
But,in many situations,you don't need to change. If they use bad words than say 'Change yourself', they are wrong.
Don't change my friend.I think you're in the way tha people love...
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

I don't think you should change, but I don't think either that you should stay quiet and without saying a word when somebody is hurting your felings, especially when that person is someone you love, like your grandma, or respect like your teacher.

You don't need to offend anybody to let them know that they're being rude with you. Express yourself tell them what you feel and afterwards,make the bad things they've told you dissapear.
eman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by eman »

you are a good person but dont be good parson at all the time. people will not respect you.dont be weak,
I know how to hurt someone or not to offend him.becuase i dont like to offen anyone also but
you have to stop who is hurting you beacuse he is saying something is not truth,try to make him to understand you.dont lose your control,just be positive person.
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mamuta »

Today I've learned a new well-known English saying: 'Stick and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me'. Is it really true? :?
kpchoo

Post by kpchoo »

Being your ownself is the best way. Changing yourself is to torture yourself unnecessary. Every person has his own individuality and uniqueness, u should feel proud of urself which others dont have.

Same to other people, they have right to think their own way about you or other things. You should just let them be, its non of ur business. Everything has its own uniqueness, life is a big stage where everyone are playing their own role, hence life is so beautiful.

Just think that other people are talking unconsciously, and u are awake person who wont mind the words of unconscious person.
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Chet Baker »

First of all, i suggest you to see if you have done anything wrong. Actually, you may be able to find something that you can improve, if you listen to these people.

If they just want to attack you without any good reasons, then i suggest you to keep what you are doing and ignore the things they said.