More one new in this forum

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

jancouto

More one new in this forum

Post by jancouto »

Hi everybody. My name is Augusto and I’m from Brazil. I’m new in this forum and I wanna to make new friends and to talk a lot with them. I need to improve my English and to loose my inhibition that I always have when I try talk in English with other people. :D
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Hello! Welcome to EC!!!! Keep practicing English regularly and you will notice how important knowledge you will gain. :wink:
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

Hi Augusto

Welcome to EnglishClub!

Have a nice time here & good luck in improving your English :D
MooNboy
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by MooNboy »

Hi, I hope you like me and the forum... :lol:
babara
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by babara »

Hi Augusto!! Hope you will enjoy improving your english here.

Welcome!
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

babara wrote:Hi Augusto!! Hope you will enjoy improving your english here.

Welcome!
Hi Babara. I'm glad to see that you answer my message. I hope we can be good friends and together improve our English.
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

MooNboy wrote:Hi, I hope you like me and the forum... :lol:
Hi MoonNboy.

Thanks for your replay. I know we can be good friends and change lots of experience about our English. :D
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

Dexter wrote:Hi Augusto

Welcome to EnglishClub!

Hi Dexter. I could see in others topics that you are always there. You must be very friendly and must have a lot of friends. Thanks for your reply. I know we can be good friends and talk to each other a lot.
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

Oriani wrote:Hello! Welcome to EC!!!! Keep practicing English regularly and you will notice how important knowledge you will gain. :wink:
Hi Oriani. Our countries are neighbors, but the distance between us is very big. I live in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, on the Southeast and you are on the North. Thanks for your reply, I hope we can be good friends and change a lot of experience with our English.
MooNboy
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by MooNboy »

Hey Jancouto, I've already started to like you!!
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

MooNboy wrote:Hey Jancouto, I've already started to like you!!
Hi MooNboy, your profile says that your are nomad. You don't have country, where are you from?
MooNboy
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by MooNboy »

Watch the signs, my friend!You will find...
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

MooNboy wrote:Watch the signs, my friend!You will find...
Well, I'll look for the signs... :D
MooNboy
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by MooNboy »

That's good my friend!
Signs are your only 'REAL' friends...
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

MooNboy wrote:That's good my friend!
Ok, I'll need to know your friends and try to find out. It'll be a big task.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

jancouto wrote:
Oriani wrote:Hello! Welcome to EC!!!! Keep practicing English regularly and you will notice how important knowledge you will gain. :wink:
Hi Oriani. Our countries are neighbors, but the distance between us is very big. I live in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, on the Southeast and you are on the North. Thanks for your reply, I hope we can be good friends and change a lot of experience with our English.
Hello! Thanks for writing!!! Yes, Venezuela and Brazil are so close but at the same time very far away from each other. I really hope to go there next Carnival. It's very popular here in Venezuela. :wink:
MooNboy
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by MooNboy »

jancouto wrote:
Right!It'll be a big task.You've already started to finf it out!
Be patient...
And whenever you find it, please make me know where I am from :)
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

MooNboy wrote:
jancouto wrote:
Right!It'll be a big task.You've already started to finf it out!
Be patient...
And whenever you find it, please make me know where I am from :)
You're from TURKEY!!!!!!!!!
MooNboy
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by MooNboy »

Orinani, you little spoilt girl!
Why did you say?
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

MooNboy wrote:Orinani, you little spoilt girl!
Why did you say?
Because you're from Turkey.. Aren't you? :wink: :wink:
MooNboy
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by MooNboy »

But jancouto would find it... :cry:
You don't like me ,too :(
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

MooNboy wrote:But jancouto would find it... :cry:
Moonboy, I don't havy any problems with any person. Why I don't like you. :?:
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

Oriani wrote:
jancouto wrote:
Hello! Thanks for writing!!! Yes, Venezuela and Brazil are so close but at the same time very far away from each other. I really hope to go there next Carnival. It's very popular here in Venezuela. :wink:
Yes, the carnival here is very famous, but I don't like it, I think it's good for tourist but for the people that live here I don't know. Normally most part of the people leave the city and go to other cities to take as rest, normally on the beach or on the mountains.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

jancouto wrote:
Oriani wrote:
jancouto wrote: Hi Oriani. Our countries are neighbors, but the distance between us is very big. I live in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, on the Southeast and you are on the North. Thanks for your reply, I hope we can be good friends and change a lot of experience with our English.
Yes, the carnival here is very famous, but I don't like it, I think it's good for tourist but for the people that live here I don't know. Normally most part of the people leave the city and go to other cities to take as rest, normally on the beach or on the mountains.

I really know what you mean! :wink:
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

Oriani wrote:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oriani, take easy I don't know why MooNboy don't want to say that he lives in Turkey. I think he likes mystery. :wink:
MooNboy
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by MooNboy »

Frist, I love you all. Please don't feel sorry about me.Problem is you don't love me :cry:
Second, that's not right that I didn't wanna say I'm from Turkey.I just wanted you to find it out. That'll be more rememberal :)

OK, I like you both! Loves...
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

MooNboy wrote:Frist, I love you all. Please don't feel sorry about me.Problem is you don't love me :cry:
Second, that's not right that I didn't wanna say I'm from Turkey.I just wanted you to find it out. That'll be more rememberal :)

OK, I like you both! Loves...
MoonBoy, take it easy. We are here to be good friends and to talk a lot :D
sweetcurse
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sweetcurse »

welcome to ec!!!
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

jancouto wrote:

Welcome to EnglishClub!

Hi Dexter. I could see in others topics that you are always there. You must be very friendly and must have a lot of friends. Thanks for your reply. I know we can be good friends and talk to each other a lot.
Thanks for your comment, Augusto... And sorry for replying late. I'm not coming online much recently and that's why I post here late!

I see that you've found friends here. That's cool. Keep posting and you'll find many more! :)

I hope you're having a nice time here. See you :D
ilargia

Post by ilargia »

Hi jancouto,
Welcome!!! I wish you would feel like me. I am very pleasant of having known wonderful people like Dixie, Oriani, Babara, Dexter.........
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

ilargia wrote:Hi jancouto,
Welcome!!! I wish you would feel like me. I am very pleasant of having known wonderful people like Dixie, Oriani, Babara, Dexter.........
Wow, that's sweet from you :oops:
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

Yeah, it's really nice of you :)

I'm glad to know you, too :D
imagination

Post by imagination »

Hi jancouto!
I hope you'll improve your english here. In fact, I'm sure!
I think your language is beautiful too. I would like to learn it...
Tchau! :D
MRDRS
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by MRDRS »

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!! LET'S SPEAK TO IMPROVE!!!! SEE YOUU!!
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

ilargia wrote:Hi jancouto,
Hi, Ilargia. Thanks for your reply. I know we'll be good friends and like Dixie, Oriani, Babara, Dexter and so on I hope to be worndeful to you too.
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

imagination wrote:Hi jancouto!
I hope you'll improve your english here. In fact, I'm sure!
I think your language is beautiful too. I would like to learn it...
Tchau! :D
Hi Imagination. In fact Portuguese it's a beautiful language but it's very defifcult to learn. To learn english it's very easy, there are a few rules. Portuguese it's more complicated there are a lot of rules. Even the native has problems sometimes. I can help you, if you want, with this task, Bye. :D
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

MRDRS wrote:HELLO EVERYBODY!!!! LET'S SPEAK TO IMPROVE!!!! SEE YOUU!!
Hi MRDRS, I can see that you want to talk.
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

Dexter wrote:
jancouto wrote:

Welcome to EnglishClub!

Thanks for your comment, Augusto... And sorry for replying late. I'm not coming online much recently and that's why I post here late!

I see that you've found friends here. That's cool. Keep posting and you'll find many more! :)

I hope you're having a nice time here. See you :D
Hi Dexter, only today I return to the forum and I could see your message. Like you I was out these days and cannot accompany the messages. It's cool to see that you reply my last message send to you. It's been interesting to be here making good friends from all parts of the world. It's important too, not only to improve our English but to know how our friends are how it's their country and culture, enrich us.
imagination

Post by imagination »

Hi Jancouto! Yes, I also think that Portuguese is not so easy to learn, especially the pronunciation! It seems very difficult (at least for me). Anyway, I'd still like to know it. It would be great if you could help me with that task! :D I could help you with English.....What do you say?! :D
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

imagination wrote:Hi Jancouto! Yes, I also think that Portuguese is not so easy to learn, especially the pronunciation! It seems very difficult (at least for me). Anyway, I'd still like to know it. It would be great if you could help me with that task! :D I could help you with English.....What do you say?! :D
It'll be very funny :D

The pronunciation it's difficult in any language. The problem is that we aren't immersed on the languange and because this we need more effort to achieve a good accent.
imagination

Post by imagination »

Yes, Jancouto, you're right ....but when I compare it to English, I think that Portuguese pronunciation is much harder than English. As I said before....at least for me...And those accents are confusing me all the time... I don't know where and when to put them. :)
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

jancouto wrote:Hi Dexter, only today I return to the forum and I could see your message. Like you I was out these days and cannot accompany the messages. It's cool to see that you reply my last message send to you. It's been interesting to be here making good friends from all parts of the world. It's important too, not only to improve our English but to know how our friends are how it's their country and culture, enrich us.
Thanks for your reply and nice to see you in EC again.

Yeah, making friends from around the world is really interesting, but it's also important to keep them. Keeping a friend is more difficult than finding friend. :D

I like knowing about people from other countries and I find it really intersting to know about their customs and also their languages. I love learning new languages and I wanna know as many languages as I can. Although i haven't been able to fulfill that dream, but I wanna try my best :P

I don't know how difficult Portuguese language is, but I'll try learning it someday! For now I've asked Elba to teach me Spanish and she's doing me that favor. Maybe I'll ask you to teach me portuguese, too (not in EC, the rules don't allow that). Will you please help me with it if I want to learn Portuguese? :D
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

Dexter wrote:
jancouto wrote:Hi Dexter, only today I return to the forum and I could see your message. Like you I was out these days and cannot accompany the messages. It's cool to see that you reply my last message send to you. It's been interesting to be here making good friends from all parts of the world. It's important too, not only to improve our English but to know how our friends are how it's their country and culture, enrich us.
Thanks for your reply and nice to see you in EC again.

Yeah, making friends from around the world is really interesting, but it's also important to keep them. Keeping a friend is more difficult than finding friend. :D

I like knowing about people from other countries and I find it really intersting to know about their customs and also their languages. I love learning new languages and I wanna know as many languages as I can. Although i haven't been able to fulfill that dream, but I wanna try my best :P

I don't know how difficult Portuguese language is, but I'll try learning it someday! For now I've asked Elba to teach me Spanish and she's doing me that favor. Maybe I'll ask you to teach me portuguese, too (not in EC, the rules don't allow that). Will you please help me with it if I want to learn Portuguese? :D
Hi Dexter. It'll be a pleasure to teach something about my language for a friend. Portuguese has a lot of rules and for foreigners it's difficult mainly because they are not immersed an environment where all things that you see or do it's in Portuguese, but If you are studying Spanish it'll be more easy to study Portuguese, both languages very are similar.

You said that it's easy to find a friend but it's more difficult to keep them. You are right, to find people and to talk to then it's easy and fast, mainly here on internet. I think to keep them it's more difficult because you don't have the presence of person. Sometimes you write or "talk", without compromise with the people on the other side. Friendship with this way don't last so much.

Dexter my e-mail is jcouto@dba.com.br if you wanna to start a good friendship write me. :)
jancouto

Post by jancouto »

imagination wrote:Yes, Jancouto, you're right ....but when I compare it to English, I think that Portuguese pronunciation is much harder than English. As I said before....at least for me...And those accents are confusing me all the time... I don't know where and when to put them. :)
Imangination, it's funny, for me the English pronunciation it's more difficult. There are sounds in this language that we don't have in Portuguese. We need to twist our tongue trying to speak to correctly.

In Portuguese we use accents to stress some word. There are many rules to do this, it's easier to memorize the word.
imagination

Post by imagination »

Jancouto, it's normal thing that Portuguese pronunciation is easier for you. It's your mother tongue. But English is not my native language. I also think that the pronunciation of my language is the easiest one. Although I've noticed that many foreigners have problems with it.
That's why I tried to compare English and Portuguese. It was much easier for me to learn the pronunciation of English.And it seems to me that Spanish pronunciation is less difficult than Portuguese although those two languages are similar.
However, I hope I'll be able to learn it :D
Bye! [/quote]
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

Thanks, Augusto :D But you know, I'm very basic in Spanish now. I only know a few words. I hope I'll improve soon :P

About friendships over the net, yeah, it's more difficult to keep those friends but at the same time sometimes people prefer to talk to someone they don't know or are far from. But as you said, these relationships need more time, and also more care. And I don't deny that they can become good friends, too.

Thanks for your e-mail address. I don't have much time for spending over the net these days and in coming days it's gonna become less and less. But I'll try to mail you when I'm free. I hope you don't mind! See you :D