which is more boring?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

User avatar
istattack
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:45 am
Location: •ISTANBUL•

which is more boring?

Postby istattack » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:01 pm

which Subject is more boring?....

a)English
b)Maths
c)Geography
d)Physics
I think Geography....what do you think?

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:14 pm

Depends on your interests. To me, Math and Physics are the most boring, while I like English and Geography.

User avatar
heart
Silver Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: muscat
Contact:

Postby heart » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:42 pm

Geography ,,


I like math & Physics ,,
english is not bad,,

User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Contact:

Postby Vega » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:08 pm

You should add there History, I hate History.:twisted:
I was good in math when I studied at school.

My favorite subject in university is Theoretical Mechanics, though it's a quite difficult (consist of statics, kinematics, dynamics), also my favorite subject is Machine detail.

User avatar
Rui
Gold Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:41 am
Location: World, Portugal, Porto, Maia
Contact:

Postby Rui » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:37 pm

well, im almost sure that the majority of the english club members are more likely to "English" and Geography", just because the fact of willing to learn a language brought them here and also because choosing a language which was chosen as the international one shows a clear interest of meeting new people across the world, therefore for my favorite subjects are those two 8)

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1319
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby Oriani » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:45 pm

Maths is boring and I am not good at it. :(

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:30 pm

Either Maths or Arts. I hated Maths when I was in Vietnam since my teachers were tooooooooooooooo strict. However, I loved it in the States. Arts, on the other hand, is different. I loved it in Vietnam and hate it here. :roll:

User avatar
imad
Gold Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:14 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: algeria
Contact:

Re: which is more boring?

Postby imad » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:32 pm

I hate anything...

kingapoland
Silver Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: garwolin,Poland

Postby kingapoland » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:56 pm

Physic!!!! Who needs it?!?!? That's terrible, the most stupid and unuseful subject

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:00 pm

kingapoland wrote:Physic!!!! Who needs it?!?!? That's terrible, the most stupid and unuseful subject

What? :shock: Maybe you haven't had the right teacher (right teachers are hard to find since nowadays I doubt the quality of a teacher). Or you haven't had any lab for physics. I had some physics labs. We did a lot of projects like making ice cream, building bridge models, testing Newton's laws, collision, etc.

User avatar
feanor
Gold Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:47 pm
Location: noldor
Contact:

Postby feanor » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:05 pm

as a lesson that you have to learn, all of them is boring. anything within school or college walls is boring as hell:evil:. but as a hobby, english is better than others.

kingapoland
Silver Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: garwolin,Poland

Postby kingapoland » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:32 am

LennyeTran wrote:
kingapoland wrote:Physic!!!! Who needs it?!?!? That's terrible, the most stupid and unuseful subject

What? :shock: Maybe you haven't had the right teacher (right teachers are hard to find since nowadays I doubt the quality of a teacher). Or you haven't had any lab for physics. I had some physics labs. We did a lot of projects like making ice cream, building bridge models, testing Newton's laws, collision, etc.


That's right. Our teacher was terrible. We had some labs , but a teacher did all by himself. And often he didn't successed in it;)

User avatar
istattack
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:45 am
Location: •ISTANBUL•

Postby istattack » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:33 am

yes.that depends on our interests.But ı think all of them are necessary...

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:41 pm

kingapoland wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:
kingapoland wrote:Physic!!!! Who needs it?!?!? That's terrible, the most stupid and unuseful subject

What? :shock: Maybe you haven't had the right teacher (right teachers are hard to find since nowadays I doubt the quality of a teacher). Or you haven't had any lab for physics. I had some physics labs. We did a lot of projects like making ice cream, building bridge models, testing Newton's laws, collision, etc.


That's right. Our teacher was terrible. We had some labs , but a teacher did all by himself. And often he didn't successed in it;)

Some of the lab experiments my teachers did it by himself also to get it done quick, so he could move on to the lecture. Once time, he was showing us how heat worked and stuff. And he couldn't demonstrate it correctly. We got a good laugh, though. He was such a dork! So cute! :twisted:

User avatar
ilargia
Silver Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:20 pm
Location: Basque Country

Postby ilargia » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:38 pm

I think that the matter isn´t whether a subject is boring or not. Although there are a variety of interesting subjects such as maths, physics, chemistry... I must confess that they are really difficult for me. I enjoy learning history, literature, languages...

User avatar
mamuta
Gold Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:26 pm
Location: Poland

Postby mamuta » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:45 pm

Who dare to mention chemistry? :evil: It was my nightmare in primary school, in secondary school and on my studies. And after many years of learning I know nothing...I have a big black hole in my mind on this area :roll:

User avatar
babara
Gold Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Thailand

Postby babara » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:49 pm

I choose Physic! I don't like maths but I'm not bored it. I enjoy learning history and look like it would be opposite with physic because history is past but physic is not. I ever tried to learn physic but it doesn't work for me.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:45 am

The general physics like momentum, heat transfer, Newton's Laws, density, space, time, work, power, etc. are cool since they're easy to understand. And most of them you can see in real life. The other levels of physics just suck! :roll: I hate relativity especially. I do not get it! :cry:

User avatar
imad
Gold Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:14 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: algeria
Contact:

Postby imad » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:08 am

feanor wrote:as a lesson that you have to learn, all of them is boring. anything within school or college walls is boring as hell:evil:


you are absolutly wrong.

User avatar
imad
Gold Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:14 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: algeria
Contact:

Postby imad » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:24 am

I noticed that many esl-members don't like math, phisics, chemestry...
Do you know? if there is no math, you can't use the computer, and you can't surf on the net especially ENGLISH CLUB. :x

User avatar
idalia
Gold Member
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:01 am
Location: mexico

Postby idalia » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:12 am

imad wrote:I noticed that many esl-members don't like math, phisics, chemestry...
Do you know? if there is no math, you can't use the computer, and you can't surf on the net especially ENGLISH CLUB. :x


that's true but, I prefer others to study math ...sorry I'm not really good at it :oops:


Return to “Ideas and Opinions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest