yellow nails?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

MerryA

yellow nails?

Post by MerryA »

Hi everyone!

Wondered if anyone has any suggestions. I tend to always use a nail hardener / strengthener as otherwise my nails are very weak.

Anyway, for some time now, my nails have had a yellow colour to them - more towards the top than the bottom. Could this be from the hardener I use as I've heard that nail polish can stain nails, could nail hardener do the same?

Or is there anything else it could be?
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I don't know about nail hardener, but nail polish sure makes your nails yellow. It happened to mine during the time I painted my nails black; I used a massive amount of nail polish to wash out the paint almost every two weeks. Maybe, nail hardener would do the same effect.

Or (copied: wikipedia),

-Stains of the nail plate (not the nail bed) are associated with nail polish[1], smoking, and henna use.
-Yellowing of the nail bed is associated with chronic bronchitis, lymphatic problems, diabetes, and liver disorders.

Anatomy of a nail

# nail plate is what we think of when we say nail, the hard and translucent portion, composed of keratin.
# nail bed is the adherent connective tissue that underlies the nail.
# lunula is the crescent shaped whitish area of the nail bed (when visible)

Maybe it's just the nail hardener. If you wanna be sure, check with your doctor.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Are you a smoker?
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

As dixie sais, some hardeners are madeof garlic and quimics, for that your nails becoming yelow, as nails with some color enameal.
There is a product that help you to many problems of the naisl. they use natural substances with less quimics. I use them, then I could recomend you. there is a enameal for old nails, I mean when you are and old woman and the nail tend to becoming different. check the site. the products areexcellent and you will be sure anything is going to becoming yellow your nails.

http://www.sallyhansen.com/

As Dixie said some sickness problems have a strong influence in the nails, I got nephotic syndrom, my neails wer too fragils, but belive me this product is excellent, and this is not and advertisement.