No
33%

Total votes: 12

Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

EC Discrimination ???

Post by Elba »

Particulary I think EC is one of the best sites to learn and practice English, not only because of the forum, but also all the resources in this space, like tools, links, chat, etc.
But sometimes I have seen too some atitudes of EC members that make me feel could be a grade of discrimation.
I hope I will be wrong, but I like to know if anyone percibe that feeling, maybe is my imagination, but in order to this website would be even better I want to invite to the comunity to give the opinio:
Feel free to say if you think there is discrimination, and -without mention any name- express your feelings.
I know I´m not the administrator, but I think this will help you a lot to be better.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Double standarts.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Too few chicks.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Discrimination about what?
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Oriani, my dear girl, in this world there are too much forms of discrimanation: bu age, by color skin, by weight, by nationality, by religion, by hair color, by...by...by...
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: EC Discrimination ???

Post by MissLT »

Elba wrote:Particulary I think EC is one of the best sites to learn and practice English, not only because of the forum, but also all the resources in this space, like tools, links, chat, etc.
But sometimes I have seen too some atitudes of EC members that make me feel could be a grade of discrimation.
I hope I will be wrong, but I like to know if anyone percibe that feeling, maybe is my imagination, but in order to this website would be even better I want to invite to the comunity to give the opinio:
Feel free to say if you think there is discrimination, and -without mention any name- express your feelings.
I know I´m not the administrator, but I think this will help you a lot to be better.
Examples?
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Elba wrote:Oriani, my dear girl, in this world there are too much forms of discrimanation: bu age, by color skin, by weight, by nationality, by religion, by hair color, by...by...by...
Agree with you. :P
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Leny Trann wrote:Examples?
What examples Leny, better giver your opinion, do you think discrimination exist here or not, why??
Maybe Elba is totally wrong ¡¡!!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I do think you're wrong, why don't you give your reasons, Elba?
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Of course I´m going to give my reazons.
You know, as a journalist I don´t use to be silent, but I want to know the opinion of the EC members.
It is not for my proteccion, it is because of an experiment: Every day we talk about multiple topics, some of them to improve our lifes, our relations, our world, but when we must to talk about any problem, a situation, a special behaivoir in the local comunity our option is to be silent. If we want to have a better world we musto to begin for have a better comunitty.
But 100 per cent of people prefer stop talkin, the reazon, don´t get in troubles. Then how we supposed we wopuld get a better world???
Give your opinion please, and VOTE, only VOTE
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Well.. I don't know.. maybe when an EC member doesn't write well? Hahahah.. well I don't know :? We have to analize the situation because If you have seen any discrimination here it's because there is.. don't u think, guys? But so far, I haven't noticed it!!!!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Elba wrote:Every day we talk about multiple topics, some of them to improve our lifes, our relations, our world, but when we must to talk about any problem, a situation, a special behaivoir in the local comunity our option is to be silent. If we want to have a better world we musto to begin for have a better comunitty.
But 100 per cent of people prefer stop talkin, the reazon, don´t get in troubles. Then how we supposed we wopuld get a better world???
Give your opinion please, and VOTE, only VOTE
Do you refer to any specific topics?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Elba wrote:
Leny Trann wrote:Examples?
What examples Leny, better giver your opinion, do you think discrimination exist here or not, why??
Maybe Elba is totally wrong ¡¡!!
This is just the problem of communicating. People always have different opinions, and since this is online others could interpret those opinions in many ways depending on whatever tone they're using to read the posts. For example, when I said examples in my previous post, it means I've already given out my opinion about this situation; I don't see where the discrimination lies at EC. Therefore, I'd like to see the posts that made you feel this way. You, on the other hand, didn't seem to get it and be a bit irritated. Maybe it's just me who read your intention wrong.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Lennytran wrote:Maybe it's just me who read your intention wrong.

Yeah Lenny, you read wrong. Let me explain: Every day newspapers published news about different topics, coments about that, and some make polls. AGREE??
This is a poll, like another polls in this forum because this is the objetive of "polls and voting" forum.
If any newspaper made a poll about dogs peeing on the streets that no means that the editor in cheef be molest because of a dog peeing in front of his/her house, ofice etc.
Maybe the editor see the dog doing that and thought: "Could be boter for people??", Do the citizens worry about??" and too much questions. Then decide to do a poll.
In that case I see lots of topics, some are creative: "Wallpapers for EC"; some funny "Happy Birthday Dixie", some politics:"Which president do muslims hate".
And there are multiple replies and some topics never get a reply.
What does people who post thought about of "no answer" or about the answers???.

Does anyone could think that is discriminated for any reazon???
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I don't see the relation between your example you just made and the poll, which the question is not clear. Anyway, good luck finding your answer. I don't have time to see who will have the last word in this confusion.
jrkp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jrkp »

Regarding myself, I haven´t felt any type of discrimination in this forum so far, even thought I haven´t been using it for long time. I´+ve noticed some guys here have a very dark sense of humor and sometimes that could be taken as offensive but that is not my case at least...
Elba wrote:
Lennytran wrote:Maybe it's just me who read your intention wrong.

Not at all!!!!! If a post don´t get any replies is because the subject is considered not interesting enough, not because we deliberate put aside in some way the guy who did the post. As far as I know, This forum is democratic and we have the chance to choose whatever topic we want to discuss.

Whereas, If you post anything, you have to be aware that some of the replies won´t like you, but it doesn´t mean that we are discriminating. As Lenny said, all depends on the tone you use to say it. Besides, I don´t think that you want to discuss a subject and realise that everyone is agreeing with you. If that happened, it wouldn´t be called a discussion, don´t you think?

Besides, the rules to posting here are made to avoid that kind of situations ocurr and so far, As far as the users respect the rules, I think we won´t have any problems with discrtimination.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

I didn´t open that topic to get a "last word" dear, I only post a poll.

I didn´t open the pool to get "my answer", I only open a poll.
All polls arround the word are made to get averages, percentages and stablish lines of study.

Sometimes people prefer the silence and this is the worst option. I think.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Great! JRKP,
Finally someone give an opinion. It is the objetive, give opinions and not to think that the member who post the topic has a problem of discrimination.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Everyone discriminating me all the time. by being too ugly, too stupid, too male, not compliment my appearance, not being beguiled of my kindness and highness. But I'm not moan.. nor I groan. As current emperor of universe, I must take it all without complaining.. How else I could be emperor of defender of the universe.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Lucia wrote:Elba, you seem to want your cake and eat it. You say you only post a poll but ask for opinions and ideas. Also, you need to define discrimination for your poll. As you say, there are many types today. Also your poll is not scientific. 3 questions, but one of them (middle one) is nonsense, and will draw answers from the third one. So you have "weighted" your poll. This is unfair and NOT professional for a journalist!!! Please talk to a pollster.
Good, another opinion!!, people begin to talk.
Hardi wrote:Everyone discriminating me all the time. by being too ugly, too stupid, too male, not compliment my appearance, not being beguiled of my kindness and highness. But I'm not moan.. nor I groan. As current emperor of universe, I must take it all without complaining.. How else I could be emperor of defender of the universe.
This was excellent :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hardi wrote:Everyone discriminating me all the time. by being too ugly, too stupid, too male, not compliment my appearance, not being beguiled of my kindness and highness. But I'm not moan.. nor I groan. As current emperor of universe, I must take it all without complaining.. How else I could be emperor of defender of the universe.

As a Master of The Universe (they've just assigned me for this position :lol:), I would advise you not to pay attention to what they say to you.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Elba wrote:
In that case I see lots of topics, some are creative: "Wallpapers for EC"; some funny "Happy Birthday Dixie", some politics:"Which president do muslims hate".

Oh, I see it now. So the reason you're asking is why there are some topics with no answers? Am I right? :roll: Well, Elba, I guess that is nobody's fault. Like somebody said, if a thread does not get any reply it might be because it is not interesting enough, or people just do not feel like talking about that topic, or sometimes you don't even notice that topic and since it gets no replies it doesn't go on top... There might be a hundred reasons why a topic gets only a few answer or none. But that is not discrimination! :roll:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Hardi wrote: As current emperor of universe, I must take it all without complaining.. How else I could be emperor of defender of the universe.
Xkalibur wrote:As a Master of The Universe (they've just assigned me for this position Laughing), I would advise you not to pay attention to what they say to you.
Where's Danyet, I need his quotations to complete the collection! :lol: Looks like our boys are proud of themselves :D

Hey Xkalibur is that you? I knew I knew you from somewhere... Masters of the Universe!
jrkp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jrkp »

Elba wrote:Great! JRKP,
Finally someone give an opinion. It is the objetive, give opinions and not to think that the member who post the topic has a problem of discrimination.
I don´t get it!!! If you want our opinions about discrimination, you should have posted in other forum, not in this one. By the way, as Lucia wrote, the second question is not clear, so because it could be interpreted in many ways and, as far as I know, the golden rule to make a poll is that it have to be made with very precisely questions.

To sum up, what do you want to achieve with this topic? make a poll or ask for an opinion?
jrkp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jrkp »

Dixie wrote:
Hardi wrote: As current emperor of universe, I must take it all without complaining.. How else I could be emperor of defender of the universe.
Xkalibur wrote:As a Master of The Universe (they've just assigned me for this position Laughing), I would advise you not to pay attention to what they say to you.
Where's Danyet, I need his quotations to complete the collection! :lol: Looks like our boys are proud of themselves :D

Hey Xkalibur is that you? I knew I knew you from somewhere... Masters of the Universe!
I´m a little bit confused here.... At last who is ruling the Universe? Danyet, Hardi or Xkalibur?.. In fact I propose to make a poll with this question... :twisted:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

jrkp wrote: I´m a little bit confused here.... At last who is ruling the Universe? Danyet, Hardi or Xkalibur?.. In fact I propose to make a poll with this question... :twisted:
Go ahead! ;)
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

I'll do a poll with this question. :D
jrkp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jrkp »

Xkalibur wrote:I'll do a poll with this question. :D

No way!!! I´ll do it, you´ll be very unbiased..... :D
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

jrkp wrote: No way!!! I´ll do it, you´ll be very unbiased..... :D
Too late :D
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

jrkp wrote:
Xkalibur wrote:I'll do a poll with this question. :D

No way!!! I´ll do it, you´ll be very unbiased..... :D
Ok. Then I'm deleting it rught now. You'll start the new one.
imad
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by imad »

I think the only discrimination in EC is by nationality, but not in all cases, there are many good people here.
One time Danyet have said that I'm a terrorist because of my opinion about the war in Iraq. This is the only discrimination I've noticed in EC.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

imad wrote:I think the only discrimination in EC is by nationality, but not in all cases, there are many good people here.
One time Danyet have said that I'm a terrorist because of my opinion about the war in Iraq. This is the only discrimination I've noticed in EC.
Can you send me the link, please?
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

I said he is a terrorist because he said he supports the terrorists who are terrorizing my people. He helps pull the trigger!
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

jrkp wrote:
Dixie wrote:

I´m a little bit confused here.... At last who is ruling the Universe? Danyet, Hardi or Xkalibur?.. In fact I propose to make a poll with this question... :twisted:
I have never claimed to be the King or the Master. I am simply, Defender of the Galaxy. (Защитник галактики ) Why? Because I am a nice guy, that's why......and I look good in leotards.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Danyet wrote:and I look good in leotards.

Ha ha ha ha ha THE DEFENDER OF THE GALAXY in leotard. How funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

What galaxy do you defend Likra Galaxy???

Well we have the case of one ec member that think could be a case of discriminatios. You see guys is not difficult to say what we thing and at the same time "clean" our confussions, bad interpretations, or direct alussions. This topic is not to provoque a war, is only to clean the house. The conversation is a good way to solve all this situations.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

danyet wrote:and I look good in leotards.
And the underwear over the pants? Like Superman? :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
danyet wrote:and I look good in leotards.
And it's odd how only superheros wear this style. I call them men-backward.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Dixie wrote:

You know, some girls like wearing their underwear over the nylon stockings either. :) ..I saw it with my eyes.. :lol: (but don't ask me when and where I saw it :oops: )
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Xkalibur wrote: You know, some girls like wearing their underwear over the nylon stockings either. :) ..I saw it with my eyes.. :lol: (but don't ask me when and where I saw it :oops: )
:shock: :shock: :shock: OK OK I won't ask...

So when and where did you see it????
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

little boys and girls, do not read the following post!

:oops: ...um she was sitting opposite me in short skirt (:D), and then I saw that picture (:D). But I wasn't looking at as if I want see it, noway :roll: , I just noticed and that's all !
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Xkalibur wrote:little boys and girls, do not read the following post!

:oops: ...um she was sitting opposite me in short skirt (:D), and then I saw that picture (:D). But I wasn't looking at as if I want see it, noway :roll: , I just noticed and that's all !
:roll: :roll: How weird...
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

:)
imad
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by imad »

Dixie wrote:
imad wrote:I think the only discrimination in EC is by nationality, but not in all cases, there are many good people here.
Can you send me the link, please?

here are the links:
http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/v ... hp?t=43417
http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/v ... hp?t=43877
imad
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by imad »

danyet wrote:I said he is a terrorist because he said he supports the terrorists who are terrorizing my people. He helps pull the trigger!
I don't support the terrorism at all, I think that you have a problem to understand, I've said nothing has relation with supporting terrorists.
I advise you to go back to that topic and read again what I've wrote.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Wazzzaaaaaaa ? :lol:

disc-crim-in-nation ?

Do you feel like having a mission (like saving the world) ? what a bad narcissism !

Oh ! China is not respecting human rights for doing Olympic Games ! :shock:

Shokin
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Discrimination

Post by Bambang »

Supernaturally speaking, I didn't see any discrimination in this forum.

But psychologically speaking, I smell some hunger of power in this forum.

Want the examples?

Here is one.
Hunger of power to be the Defender of Galaxy.

To me, frankly speaking, it's not a problem at all.
But my friends, before taking that job you should consult the expert first. I don't mind to give you supernatural and psychological advice.

Just $2 per advice.

Economically speaking, it's not dear, is it?
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Discrimination

Post by Vega »

bambang wrote:Supernaturally speaking, I didn't see any discrimination in this forum.

But psychologically speaking, I smell some hunger of power in this forum.

Want the examples?

Here is one.
Hunger of power to be the Defender of Galaxy.

To me, frankly speaking, it's not a problem at all.
But my friends, before taking that job you should consult the expert first. I don't mind to give you supernatural and psychological advice.

Just $2 per advice.

Economically speaking, it's not dear, is it?
I'm not speaking in any of your term, but 2$ per advice that's great :P. So take this 2 $ and gimme advise, please. :P :) ...better supernatural advice (there's no such word in my dictionary, it must be interesting advice, right? ).

:P
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Dear Xkalibur

Based on my supernatural resources, you are not suitable for that job.

So, don't take it dear.
Just let others take that job.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

bambang wrote:Dear Xkalibur

Based on my supernatural resources, you are not suitable for that job.

So, don't take it dear.
Just let others take that job.

I think you supernatural resources need to be refreshed or rebooted, because there's no such job to which Master of the Universe would not be suitable. :D