Caesar salad

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Shimami

Caesar salad

Post by Shimami »

Yesterday, I cooked Caesar salad first time in my life, being guide by an article in newspaper.
I had never eaten this salad before and expected it had been delicious.
But it wasn't a nice one than I expected. I thought there was some important things in this dish.
Whoever know anything about how to cook Caesar salad, I want to know everything!!
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I know nothing about it. So I can't help you, but I looked from wikipedia what it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_salad I don't believe, such thing can taste good at all. It doesn't look tasty on that picture.. And to me, how/from what it's made, doesn't sound tasty either.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I had Caesar salad back in San Francisco. I had never tasted it before. It was good, but not as good as the typical Mediterranean salads I'm accustomed to 8)
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

I really like Caesar salad. It only takes me two minutes to make it (plus additional 10 minutes to find all the ingredients in a grocery store). I think one of the important things is the dressing. I don’t know Shimami if you made the dressing yourself (I have no idea how to make it) or if you bought one. There are different Caesar dressings. A few weeks ago, I bought one from an organic food store. It was good, but unfortunately for me (I’m a veggie) it had anchovies (I discovered it after I ate the salad :cry: ).
Shimami

Post by Shimami »

Although I don't have a recipe of Caesar salad now, I'll describe how to cook it.
1)Prepare 1 fillet of anchovy,mayonnaise,Parmesan cheese,lemon juice, olive oil, garlic toast, salt, black pepper and lettuce
2) mash anchovy by spoon in a salad bowl and add all materials except lettuce which is teared by finger.
3) mix well 2) and eat as soon as lettuce is added.

I've read the article about the salad in Wikipedia and I thought Worcestershire sauce played a role in this salad.

In this week end, I'll modify the recipe and make it again. The problem is that anchovy is a little expensive in Japan because of imported food. A price of a small bottle of anchovy is equal to 40 eggs in my nearest imported food shop.
tenbase

Post by tenbase »

Well, I have eaten Cesar salad here in Costa Rica but it seems that it is simpler than the one your are talking about because here it just has few ingredients, and just Cesar´s dressing.
But i like it
InLove
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by InLove »

Is there any picture for this delicious meal? It makes my stomach boiling :shock:
tenbase

Post by tenbase »