choclate!

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

choclate!

Post by sweets »

hi everybody :D
i know that everyone likes to have hot chocalte in winter and evey one have diffrent way to preapre it so my question is

what is the best way to preapre a hot chocalte :?:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Hello!! Do you mean Chocolate?? Well I'm giving you this, If it's not what you're asking for, let me (us) know.

Try this and
You will need :

8 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1 package (15 ounces) instant chocolate drink mix
1-1/2 cups powdered nondairy creamer
1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 envelope unsweetened orange or raspberry soft drink mix

Chocolate Cups
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon shortening
Whipped cream in a can

What to Do
1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

2. For chocolate cups, in a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. With a small pastry brush or 1/2 teaspoon measure, spread chocolate mixture on the inside of 1-in. foil or paper candy cups. Place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until firm. Just before serving, remove foil or paper cups and add whipped cream.

3. To prepare hot chocolate: For each serving, combine 1/3 cup mix and 1 cup boiling water; stir to dissolve. Place one filled chocolate cup in each mug; stir until melted.

Yield: 11 cups hot chocolate mix and 16 chocolate cups
:wink:

I think this is what you're asking for, but I gave you more clues, even I'm not good at cooking or preparing drinks..! 8)
fadi

Post by fadi »

the best way to have hot choclate is to buy it from the market.,.lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

fadi wrote:the best way to have hot choclate is to buy it from the market.,.lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The best is the one my mom does :P :oops:
fadi

Post by fadi »

Oriani wrote:
fadi wrote:the best way to have hot choclate is to buy it from the market.,.lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The best is the one my mom does :P :oops:
well i have to taste it before i judge.,.,.,but as the mother of oriana do it sure it will be the best :D
Sunnypk
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Sunnypk »

Oriani wrote:Hello!! Do you mean Chocolate?? Well I'm giving you this, If it's not what you're asking for, let me (us) know.

Try this and
You will need :

8 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1 package (15 ounces) instant chocolate drink mix
1-1/2 cups powdered nondairy creamer
1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 envelope unsweetened orange or raspberry soft drink mix

Chocolate Cups
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon shortening
Whipped cream in a can

What to Do
1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

2. For chocolate cups, in a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. With a small pastry brush or 1/2 teaspoon measure, spread chocolate mixture on the inside of 1-in. foil or paper candy cups. Place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until firm. Just before serving, remove foil or paper cups and add whipped cream.

3. To prepare hot chocolate: For each serving, combine 1/3 cup mix and 1 cup boiling water; stir to dissolve. Place one filled chocolate cup in each mug; stir until melted.

Yield: 11 cups hot chocolate mix and 16 chocolate cups
:wink:

I think this is what you're asking for, but I gave you more clues, even I'm not good at cooking or preparing drinks..! 8)

great oriani
you have done the good job
I like chocolate very much but I don't know how to make it
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

great oriani
you have done the good job
I like chocolate very much but I don't know how to make it
Well, my mom's job . I just translated it to English, Thanks :lol:
:lol:
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweets »

dear Oriani
thank you very mcch for this advice itwill make as fast as i can :lol:

fadi do you know what i am doing with the chocalate that i buy form market :roll: :roll: :roll:

i suck and eat it instead of make it to drink it taste gooooooooooooooood :D

cheers to all
serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

I love hot chocolate!
Thanks for the suggestions, Oriani. I'll try it and let you know...
What's your favourite hot chocolate? Do you like a liquid chocolate or a thicker chocolate? With sweet or bitter cocoa? With or without whipped cream?
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Hi Serenella!! I like the sweet one. Honestly, I'm fond of sugar, and I have never tried taking with cream..!!! Lol...How do you make it in your country?

When I don't drink Hot chocolate, I take Coffee with milk.. Wow!!! I can't live without them!!
serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

Well, in most Italian coffee bars you can find different kinds of hot chocolate (with cinnamon, coffee, bitter cocoa, caramel, nuts, etc.) but they are prepared using a powder mixture ready for use.
Personally, I prefer the real hot chocolate, made with pieces of chocolate, melted in hot milk and with a lot of whipped cream on it...

Yes, coffee with milk is very good too: every morning for breakfast I have a 'cappuccino' :wink:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

serenella wrote:Well, in most Italian coffee bars you can find different kinds of hot chocolate (with cinnamon, coffee, bitter cocoa, caramel, nuts, etc.) but they are prepared using a powder mixture ready for use.
Personally, I prefer the real hot chocolate, made with pieces of chocolate, melted in hot milk and with a lot of whipped cream on it...

Yes, coffee with milk is very good too: every morning for breakfast I have a 'cappuccino' :wink:
I think that Cappuccino is one of the most famous drinks here in Venezuela, and most of the Italian restorants there are here, have that Cappuccino as a special drink.... With vanilla is awezome also!!
yalee

Post by yalee »

hot chocolate , here is rare , i like it , if there is a cup of hot chocolate every morning, i will taste it ! how strange it is ! i have only seen chocolate which is put in beatiful box. who can send me a cup of hot chocolate? it must be delicious.
sunsun

Post by sunsun »

Hi, yelee
In our country we also have the hot chocolate, we call it chocolate chafing dish, served with fresh fruits and cakes.
It's new and very popular in Shanghai this winter :)
serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

If you visit Barcelona one day, remember to try hot chocolate there!
There is a road where you can drink the best hot chocolate in the whole town: it's very thick, with a lot of whipped cream on the top and you can dip 'churros' (a kind of fried sweets) into it... :D
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

In certain countries they reckon that chocolate is a turn on. The theory is that you melt it down with yoghurt and honey and pour it over your partner and lick it off.

Sounds like a damn good recipe to me!!! :lol: :lol: 8)
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

I like hot chocolate, my liver doesn't, it always does feel like a hole in the stomach after I have my king-size cup of it :(
Nu

Post by Nu »

I'm at work now... i'm sitting in front of the computer, i'm reading about fabulous taste of what i'm mad of... chocolate ! my mind is wandering somewhere on the sweet way... currents of split is streaming down my face... chocolate ! loud sounds from my stomach make people around me feel frightening as my shining eyes is watching at one point... chocolate... +)) drives me insane +)))
monic

My recomendation!!

Post by monic »

Make some waffles (better if you make them!!)

Bou some Hershey`s Chocolate Syrup, buy also a "Dulce de Leche" from Haagen Dasz...

Here is the recomendation, try to take the waffle when it is still warm... Put some of this ice cream on the waffle and then the Hershey syrup...

I lov :D e this combination, hope you can do it!