Where do you like to go in 2007 vacation?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

I don’t have any plan yet but I am thinking I will spend my vacation on the beach this year. I like to go to Bahamas or Cancun Mexico or the Florida beach.

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I'm leaving for London AND San Francisco in three weeks! :D
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mamuta »

I'm dreaming about Scotland. I haven't been there so far. I want to see all these old mysterious castles, wander on heaths and cliffs ( :?: - a kind of high seashore) and try some old Scotch whisky, of course... :lol:
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

I plan to go to Norway in the summer; I want to see some fjords and the Vikings museum in Oslo.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

I would like to go to european countries, unfurtunally I don´t have enough money even to go to a mexican beach. My first period of vacation is in march 14, eleven days, but I coul´dn´t pay include a little trip of 5 days to Huatulco, one of the most beautifull places at México. :cry:
Ksju

Post by Ksju »

Oh my dream of course Prague...
I really hope that this year it finally happens!!!
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well, i would like to vist Barcelona among other possible destinations, of course that places like Dublin, Prague, Amsterdam and so on are all great options, we will see, right now i cant decide anything since my life is dived on a big confusion.

P.S.- Dixie, i cant believe you havent told me anything about your next trip to London and SF :evil:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote: P.S.- Dixie, i cant believe you havent told me anything about your next trip to London and SF :evil:
It's been on my msn for days... :roll:
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

so tell me, is it one of those free trips you get from someone of your family? i knew i had born in the wrong family :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
Rui wrote: P.S.- Dixie, i cant believe you havent told me anything about your next trip to London and SF :evil:
It's been on my msn for days... :roll:
And she's gonna see me also. Are you green with envy now, Rui? :mrgreen:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote:so tell me, is it one of those free trips you get from someone of your family? i knew i had born in the wrong family :lol:
It is :mrgreen:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

I'd like to go out of the country, but as a poor I am, I can't.
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Dixie wrote:I'm leaving for London AND San Francisco in three weeks! :D
Wow! Very nice Dixie. You’re a lucky girl. :D
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

vince90 wrote:
Wow! Very nice Dixie. You’re a lucky girl. :D
I know :mrgreen:
Nu

Post by Nu »

An' I'd like to go to Spain in the end of summer to see the tomato holiday... does anybody know sth about that? is it really so funny as it was on TV screen? +)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Nu wrote:An' I'd like to go to Spain in the end of summer to see the tomato holiday... does anybody know sth about that? is it really so funny as it was on TV screen? +)
It's called Tomatina, and it makes me sick. Look how they throw away all those tomatoes... That's food, for godsakes! People are still dying of hunger in the world. :evil:
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

im jealous of you Dixie, you travel to a lot of places and you dont need to pay nothing, and the preacher keeps saying that god exists, where the heel is he when i ask for free trips :lol:

by the way, im going to BCN next month, from 20 till 23 of march
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote:im jealous of you Dixie, you travel to a lot of places and you dont need to pay nothing, and the preacher keeps saying that god exists, where the heel is he when i ask for free trips :lol:

by the way, im going to BCN next month, from 20 till 23 of march
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Nu

Post by Nu »

Dixie wrote:
Nu wrote:An' I'd like to go to Spain in the end of summer to see the tomato holiday... does anybody know sth about that? is it really so funny as it was on TV screen? +)
It's called Tomatina, and it makes me sick. Look how they throw away all those tomatoes... That's food, for godsakes! People are still dying of hunger in the world. :evil:
Well... there is endless list of things that ought to be done instead of what is being done...

To tell the truth, i thought they used spoilt tomatoes...
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Nu wrote: To tell the truth, i thought they used spoilt tomatoes...
That's what they should do :evil:
dungthumon

Post by dungthumon »

if I have time I'll travel around the world , I will come to places of wonders os the world to see the natural materpieces and manual ones .
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Finally we have a plan for our summer vacation. We are going to Orange county California for seven days and the tickets already have booked. It took a little bit time for us to figure out the place to entertain all of us and California is the place. It has beautiful beaches for me to enjoy, the Little Saigon for my wife to shop and dine, and the Disney Land to keep my kids busy. Yeah, they are very excited and can’t wait for it. Anyway this is our first trip to this area and I hope we will have a good time. I already have jotted down few places but I would appreciate any suggestion where to go and dine.

How is about you? Hope you have a great summer.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I'm going to NYC and Boston in 2 weeks. Will you still be in Boston on the 21st, Vince? Let's meet if you still are. :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Ohhhhhhhhhhh New York City!!!! I am dying to go back and visit everything I missed!!!

Lennye please take lots of pictures!!
planetarium

visit switzerland

Post by planetarium »

i would like visit it because seems to me i different place on the world, i like snow and coldest places and i think that's the best place to practice snowboarding
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:I'm going to NYC and Boston in 2 weeks. Will you still be in Boston on the 21st, Vince? Let's meet if you still are. :wink:
Oh man I will be out of town for job training that week Lenny. How long will you be in Boston?
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: visit switzerland

Post by vince90 »

planetarium wrote:i would like visit it because seems to me i different place on the world, i like snow and coldest places and i think that's the best place to practice snowboarding
If you like snow, you should visit New England states in the winter time. Vermont and New Hampshire have a lot of snows for you to practice snowboard. :D
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhh New York City!!!! I am dying to go back and visit everything I missed!!!

Lennye please take lots of pictures!!
I definitely will. I'll post them up for you to see in August. :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

vince90 wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:I'm going to NYC and Boston in 2 weeks. Will you still be in Boston on the 21st, Vince? Let's meet if you still are. :wink:
Oh man I will be out of town for job training that week Lenny. How long will you be in Boston?
We'll catch an early flight to go back to Calif. on the 24th. Too bad we won't meet; otherwise, it'd be interesting to see how you look like in person. :wink:
derson

Post by derson »

If possible, I will choose L.A. Coz I never been to United States. And L.A seems the nearest place from Taiwan. So L.A. is my first choice. :lol:
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by **Elena** »

Hello!
I am going to visit Spain in September, to be excact Costa Brava. I have already booked a tour and got confirmation from hotel. :D
Is here someone who was there?
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mamuta »

Ksju wrote:Oh my dream of course Prague...
I really hope that this year it finally happens!!!
I was in Prague two months ago, it's really marvellous place. I saw many Russian there and I was a bit surprised because of it: why it is so popular among you?
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by **Elena** »

Mamuta, you asked a very interesting question!
From your opinion which countries should be popular among Russian???
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:
vince90 wrote:
We'll catch an early flight to go back to Calif. on the 24th. Too bad we won't meet; otherwise, it'd be interesting to see how you look like in person. :wink:
Sorry for late response. I was in the training and just got out from it. It’s too bad that I can’t meet you in person. I will be out again for that whole week. Oh well, I may see you in San Francisco. I love to go there in someday. By the way you have a great trip and have a good time in Boston and NY.
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mamuta »

**Elena** wrote:From your opinion which countries should be popular among Russian???
In my opinion: all on the whole world! :D I'll try to explain my astonishment in Prague: I saw there many Russian in guided tour or in school trips (they looked very young) so I started to consider if it is very convenient or very cheap or ...? Perhaps it's cool to be in Prague? :D
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by **Elena** »

mamuta wrote:
**Elena** wrote:From your opinion which countries should be popular among Russian???
In my opinion: all on the whole world! :D I'll try to explain my astonishment in Prague: I saw there many Russian in guided tour or in school trips (they looked very young) so I started to consider if it is very convenient or very cheap or ...? Perhaps it's cool to be in Prague? :D
I spent a week in Prague from 27th may till 2d june this year.
I went there bcz I have heard that its a very beatiful and nice country so I decided to visit it. Thats all.
The price of tour was 602 Euro. I dont know is it expencive or not :wink:
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mamuta »

**Elena** wrote:I spent a week in Prague from 27th may till 2d june this year.
Oh, I think Ksju is a bit jealous now, she wrote she dreamed about it. Did you go by plane? Some time ago I've travelled in Russia by train and it was the longest journey in my life so far...
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by **Elena** »

mamuta wrote:
**Elena** wrote:I spent a week in Prague from 27th may till 2d june this year.
Oh, I think Ksju is a bit jealous now, she wrote she dreamed about it. Did you go by plane? Some time ago I've travelled in Russia by train and it was the longest journey in my life so far...
Hello Mamuta!
Yes, you are right I travelled by plain.
It took me 2.5 hours.
Which Russian towns did you visit?
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mamuta »

**Elena** wrote:Which Russian towns did you visit?
I was in Kiev, Rostov on Don (is it correct?) then I went to the mountains near Kazakstan's border (forgive me mistakes in names, please!). When I was returning to Kiev I spent 36 hours in the train... :roll:
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by **Elena** »

mamuta wrote:
**Elena** wrote:Which Russian towns did you visit?
I was in Kiev, Rostov on Don (is it correct?) then I went to the mountains near Kazakstan's border (forgive me mistakes in names, please!). When I was returning to Kiev I spent 36 hours in the train... :roll:
Hi!
Mamuta, you are traveler at heart! Well done!
Dont worry I catched what did you mean :wink:
Rostov-on-Don will be more correct!
And as for Kiev, its not Russia its Ukraine :wink:
And Kazakhstan with "h" between "k" and "s"
What other countires did you visit?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

**Elena** wrote: I spent a week in Prague from 27th may till 2d june this year.
I went there bcz I have heard that its a very beatiful and nice country so I decided to visit it. Thats all.
It IS expensive!! Although of course it depends on what you did and all... anyway I'd love to visit Prague someday, too.
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by **Elena** »

Dixie wrote:
**Elena** wrote: I spent a week in Prague from 27th may till 2d june this year.
It IS expensive!! Although of course it depends on what you did and all... anyway I'd love to visit Prague someday, too.
But Dixie! Moscow its a very expensive town! Prices are higher than in other towns. So maybe in your town such tour will be costs cheaper. Dont worry! I am sure that all your dreams are very soon turn to reality :wink:
justy

Post by justy »

In december i would like to go Prague some of my friends.But From Korea to Prague costs 1050$/2 way ticket/.So have to earn enough money to travel :)
If can't maybe next year keke.
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by **Elena** »

Hi Justy!
To tell the truth I am really surprised that you decided to visit Prague in winter! :shock:
The best time to visit Prague its from may till june its time when everything full in blossom
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

My brother is absolutely in love with the Check Republic despite the fact that he has never been there. Too bad the Check Republic is not in the Schengen zone yet
YAYO

Post by YAYO »

For my the perfect place to go of vacations is Argentine, mainly the Argentinean south, is a beautiful place, in addition it has a delicious food. I want to know to me if somebody already has visited Argentine, that another place can recommend to me?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Okay, I'm done with traveling for 2007. The trip to Vietnam in the end of this year will have to be postponed since I need to save money for France and Italy next year and a cruise to Mexico.

Vince, did you go to L.A? :?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

France and Italy, Lennye?? Wow!!! I have never been to France but I am sure you will absolutely LOVE Italy!!

As for me, I'm going to London for 4 days in December.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

London again? :shock:
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:Okay, I'm done with traveling for 2007. The trip to Vietnam in the end of this year will have to be postponed since I need to save money for France and Italy next year and a cruise to Mexico.

Vince, did you go to L.A? :?
Yes I did Lenny. Actually we went to Orange County and we stayed in the Disneyland area. We also went to Hollywood and several beaches. I really love the beach there. It’s gorgeous. Of course we ate a lot of Vietnamese food in Little Saigon. Yep, the food there is must better than the food in Boston. Wow you are going to France and Italy next year? Cool! :wink: