dan brown

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

tikay wrote: Okay now we are getting somewhere!
This is utterly ridiculous! They cant sue for such a thing because they have no monopoly on thoughts.... and on all other histories of such thoughts....the books they studied to get their notions about this? The so called "pseudo" history is not theirs alone...it belongs to every living being, they merely wrote a book on the subject after many had already been written on such things....just look up the subject in amazon.com and you will be led to hundreds of books... for crying out loud! Are they trying to say no one ever thought of the theory before. GOODNESS....they are the fools then. Let them waste their time in court because Dan will just win, and be assured he will win if this is why they are suing. They would have to prove the impossible that no one even considered these things, before their book was written....fat chance there.
Exactly! And this is the reason why Dixie said they wanted their share of the cake. :wink: What a system for ya, people just sue anything that moves. How sad....
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

Well it all makes sense in a way...they want to assume credit and apparently think they can get over on a judge ...that they came up with an ancient idea :lol: whatever ! They are probably just ... in for a rude awakening, and they will have to pay Dan insted of being payed by Dan...good for them. Dan Brown is actually going to get more credit for an old idea because of these people ...Ironic isn't it. He will be more in the limelight and now, even more people are going to read his book! :lol: (which is a good thing!)
Last edited by tikay on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Now I'm just afraid that they would withdraw what they said about Dan not stealing their source, you know. If they said Dan never asked their permission or they never granted theirs, then Dan could be in big trouble. Don't you think? :?
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

LennyeTran wrote:Now I'm just afraid that they would withdraw what they said about Dan not stealing their source, you know. If they said Dan never asked their permission or they never granted theirs, then Dan could be in big trouble. Don't you think? :?

I was watching something last night on the gnostic depiction of the life of Christ....and the authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail, will need to sue them too ... :D They cant go around suing every single person or enterprise who has a similar message can they?...it is just bizarre.
I think they have gone one step further than they meant to with the suit maybe...and they are now grasping at straws to figure a way to get some of Dan Browns money.
I cant believe that he is in any real trouble now that I hear why they are suing him.
If a person rises to sucess they are far more apt to be sued by all sorts of people. The key is to have on call ...your own good representation...your very own smart attorneys, helping you keep the money you have acquired, and to do things in a lawful manner pretty much at all times - just to keep from being sued by those who want a bit of your pie.

You either have to live in near-total poverty... or risk being sued by people...it seems, and that is sad!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Uh huh, that's why I think it is so funny that in the Simpsons there is a short clip about Lionel Hutz and his moral sense. I think this is the clip,

(After Marge is acquitted of shoplifting)
Bart: When I grow up, I want to be a lawyer just like you.
Hutz: Good for you, son. If there's one thing America needs, it's more lawyers. Can you imagine a world without lawyers?
(Hutz imagines people of diverse ethnicities dancing in a circle in a lush, sunny landscape and shudders)
(copied wikipedia)

Gosh, I had a stomache for laughing out loud so much. This is so true and sad about America and any democratic countries in the world.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

This is the first time I participate here in this section,,
actualy I don't like reading very much ..from books
I read about history and technology and about biology .
But I want to read this book ,,I have searched for it to buy it in libraries but :cry: :cry: Don't ask me why?? :cry:
yesterday I downloaded it from internet ,,Arabic edition ..
I just know the main Idea ... but it is very big .
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

ahmads wrote:This is the first time I participate here in this section,,
actualy I don't like reading very much ..from books
I read about history and technology and about biology .
But I want to read this book ,,I have searched for it to buy it in libraries but :cry: :cry: Don't ask me why?? :cry:
yesterday I downloaded it from internet ,,Arabic edition ..
I just know the main Idea ... but it is very big .
I have this book in English online. If you wanna read it in English, I can send it to your email.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

LennyeTran wrote: I have this book in English online. If you wanna read it in English, I can send it to your email.
It will be very nice from you
My email :*******.com or
*******.com
I have one rose for you :D :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

ahmads wrote: It will be very nice from you
*******.com
Okay, the file is already sent.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

LennyeTran wrote:
ahmads wrote: It will be very nice from you
*******.com
Okay, the file is already sent.
Thank you ,,I've received it :D
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

oh ahmed! you can do it...ya got big brains ! :lol:
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

tikay wrote:oh ahmed! you can do it...ya got big brains ! :lol:
oh my god !!! I'm a genius man.
actualy I found it interesting ,,
but I don't have enough time to read...I try
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

I think it is hard to read a book on the computer and it must be hard on the eyes because we spend too much time on the computer already...here in the English clib! I will try to send you the book when my sister is done ...she is haveing a hard time getting through it too though!
Oh wonder how much it is to mail to you....so ar away! Once I was going to send three books to Japan and they wanted me to pay 17.00 dollars or something and that was like fifteen years ago...i kept those books for myself when they told me the cost :oops: ...poor Yuji never got his gifts!
He lived in Chiba...he was hitch-hiking in Hawaii and he needed a place to stay for the duration of his holiday so I rented him my guest room....needless to say I became his tour-guide and then his friend....my boys were little and we toured all the local beaches with YUJI....(Yokukura).
He liked to read about John F.Kennedy. He was into the conspiracy theory of the killing of this very popular American president.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

tikay wrote:I think it is hard to read a book on the computer and it must be hard on the eyes because we spend too much time on the computer already...here in the English clib! I will try to send you the book when my sister is done ...she is haveing
Thank you Tikey ..It is very nice from you..
But The problem is:
This book isn't allowed to publishing in Jordan ,,I think Christian here in Jordan have protested
and If I receive this book I will face bad problems :? :?
maybe maybe I am not sure :lol:
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

well that is it then the decision is made i cannot put you in jepardy my friend even if it is a good price at the post office! :lol:
I will have to give it to someone who won't be risking so much to read it!
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

hello:)

Post by hereiam »

I have started to read this plot cause as I can see it is a talk of the world. Both the book and the comming movie as well as court case. You know - I have a point to rethink for people who believe passionatelly that this book MIGHT be real - why don't you believe into the stories about Jesus that are in Bible (for example)?
You can also read online versions of Gospel and these books say quite different things about lot of things you have been writing here according to Dan Brown version (and not only his - what worse - cause he has a court case about copyrights to this book)
I am catholic who probably will never even read this book. Because I don't like sensational books based on religion. I think generally more eveil comes from such books than any use. And I have to say in that place that catholics are very civilised people compared to muslim believers who would give the author of such a book a death sentence and burn some embassays again.
but what I would like to finish with is that it is much harder probably to believe in Gospel than to believe in Dan Brown book.
Becasue simply much easier is to choose shorter way than a longer way - whatever it means.
Thanks for reading,
hereiam
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: hello:)

Post by Dixie »

hereiam wrote:I have started to read this plot cause as I can see it is a talk of the world. Both the book and the comming movie as well as court case. You know - I have a point to rethink for people who believe passionatelly that this book MIGHT be real - why don't you believe into the stories about Jesus that are in Bible (for example)?
You can also read online versions of Gospel and these books say quite different things about lot of things you have been writing here according to Dan Brown version (and not only his - what worse - cause he has a court case about copyrights to this book)
I am catholic who probably will never even read this book. Because I don't like sensational books based on religion. I think generally more eveil comes from such books than any use. And I have to say in that place that catholics are very civilised people compared to muslim believers who would give the author of such a book a death sentence and burn some embassays again.
but what I would like to finish with is that it is much harder probably to believe in Gospel than to believe in Dan Brown book.
Becasue simply much easier is to choose shorter way than a longer way - whatever it means.
Thanks for reading,
hereiam
I strongly recommend that you read the novel, Hereiam. It's really, really beautiful. I have read it twice and it's now one of my favorite. You say you're a catholic and I guess a strong believer in religion, but if you've got an open mind you'll have no problem with the book. If you like mystery and adventure you'll get that too.
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

hello Dixie:)

Post by hereiam »

Well... Dan Brown is someone you can "meet" on-line. As I can see he is a very intelligent and well-to-do man in his 50ties (probably) who can afford travelling the world to write the next bestseller.
You can read a bit below:
http://www.danbrown.com/meet_dan/index.html
Why should I believe him - not other people?
His bestselling book - surely - must be brilliant enough to be sold in 50 million copies worldwide but I know lot of other the same way inspiring stories that will never be so successfull because they arenot meant to be sold or bought.
So - don't understand me badly Dixie - some great painters died in total poverty and people reminded over them even 100 years later to recognize them as important and valid. When they were valid and innovative of course.
Dan Brown - for me - is a son of professor who was smart enough to use his numerous connections and inborn intelect to be successful writer during his lifetime. As deals the values he wants to give to me in his books - are there any?
Jane Austin presents a good picture/a perfect picture of her times. She gives a portrait of society. What presents Dan brown? Well written sensation?
Well... I have some other mysterious things to think about.
Much more positive than Dan Brown's one I hope.
:)
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

I read it long time ago!
it was a success
i must confess!

The real sensation and i
do not regret
the time i spend

reading, i wasn't yawning, it was breath-taking and i adored it! Hmm... what to add here...
Yes, i hardy believe it, but i want to... believe! :wink:
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

Let me go ahead and just say what i am thinking to possibly help some people to understand the popularity of truth....the dan brown book is not that great because of the author dears...there are far better writers about...what is exceptional is that this subjects time has come...just as it is stated in the novel based on Spiritual christian Truths...you see it is not Dan who is being really applauded here, it is the subject he has chosen to write about, which is the ancient tradition of the search for the holy grail and the arc of the covenant.

If you think that there is some evil force of magic surrounding the story book, that will reach out and touch you with its angry claws, you are being far too superstitious which is what is wrong with religious teachings. Most all religious text are based on the wishes of the human and this is why they fail.

The bible was written by man~ honey about a man of GOD as we all are... and with the political structure of those times in mind, in particular ... believe me! The Bible was meant for the times...and it is lovely but it is far too mis-understood today.

Even the BIBLES vast popularity could not have been expected by those who wrote their words and pressed ancient chiseled instrument to stone tablet. :?

What the world needs is to stop the mass hypnosis that has been prompted by the Bible less studied followers who blindly follow like the flock of sheep follow the Shepard....
My personal JESUS moved forward with the times, and embraces all people ....
regardless of their lack of feeling for their human kin based upon out-dated thinking.

We need new mythologies that are, as good as, the old ones... and if no one is ever going to educate themselves in religeons and take the pen up as a sword against the poverty of the closed mind well, then let the demons of ignorance have you.
Jesus is sick and tired of everyones lack of imagination and I know this because HE AND ME...we are buddys...we talk all the time.
I talk to ALL the GODS... you see I love and believe in EVERY ONE OF THEM....we must bless them into being real, as co-creators in our very own lives, as Jesus told us to do before anyone ever wrote anything it is written on our hearts by our conciousness.

The Gnostic teachings are written on in hundreds of books....Dan just added a few new words to a very very old written work. the man got his information elsewhere. Indiana Jones is a movie about the arc as well and no one thinks the writer of this movie is the anti-crist....they think that I am. :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: hello:)

Post by illusion »

Dixie wrote:
hereiam wrote:I have started to read this plot cause as I can see it is a talk of the world. Both the book and the comming movie as well as court case. You know - I have a point to rethink for people who believe passionatelly that this book MIGHT be real - why don't you believe into the stories about Jesus that are in Bible (for example)?
Thanks for reading,
hereiam
I strongly recommend that you read the novel, Hereiam. It's really, really beautiful. I have read it twice and it's now one of my favorite. You say you're a catholic and I guess a strong believer in religion, but if you've got an open mind you'll have no problem with the book. If you like mystery and adventure you'll get that too.
I'm a catholic too but the book doesn't offence me in any way I guess it's a matter of attitude. :-) Now all I wanna do is watch the da vinci code-the movie!!!!!!!
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

So has anyone seen this movie yet?
Is it great?
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

tikay wrote:So has anyone seen this movie yet?
Is it great?
In russia it's going to be released ONLY in late may... 18th i guess... :(
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Is it great?
It's gonna be released on May 19 everywhere! :D
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Dixie wrote:
Is it great?
It's gonna be released on May 19 everywhere! :D
russia is a part of global civilization! finally!
yes i was mistaken of 19th of may! :oops: i will watch it! :!:
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

vaww..

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

The Da Vinci Code..
Angels and Demons..
Etcetra..

Dan BROWN is great... he is very wel at writing.. And almost everything is realistic, even not all..

There are so many true events and incidents.. When you read about the Christian and Roman Church History in an objective manner, you will see lots of things that are tragic but true and in The Da Vinci Code..

I learned some things that I have never heard before from Dan BROWN.. He is one of the best writers that are alive..

But, its movie was not as good as the book.. Certainly, there would be some changes between the book and the movie.. And of course, the movie couldn't give the book completely.. But this movie is not even as good as other movies derived from books..

Sincerely..
Good-bye..
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

Dan BROWN is very good at writing and ı love his books..
Those come to me realistic..And I am also a realist person.

Yes, the last part of The Da Vinci Code could be finished suitable for its writing aim..

But, again, they were very good..
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

I saw the movie & I was a bit dissappointed, as, I thought that I would be.
See, I had expected it to be better than the book somehow, because you know, how your mind can have these subtle impressions of a character in a book and the facial features are sort of there in your imagination but not completely fixated?

I wanted to have the movie fill in those blanks better, which it did adding a face to the characters of the book, but maybe my faces were preferable, you know? And,the movie did nothing really very creative! And nothing much out of the ordinary...which could have really helped the movie, there could have been more intimate looks or something between the two main characters as they began to fall for one another too!
Well the movie for me just, stuck so closely to the actual wording, used in the text, that I sort of felt as if i had already seen the movie, did you feel that too? I mean just from reading the book, it was like watching the movie a second time.

When they do Angels and Deamons, I hope they get a little bit more creative!
If they undertake that book...as a movie also.
I have only begun that book and then gave it to my sister. I will get myself another one, one day.
Or better, now, I'll just wait for the movie since it will probably be the same modus operandi...I rather like the more researched and factual Gnostic studies more than Dan's stuff.
Basically if I were toreview that movie it (my opinion) would not be very great.
Well when I was reading it i thought so many times this is like watching a movie...his style of presenting the story was movie-like so when the movie was exactly like the book, I was not too surprized. The ending could have been more touching and sweeter yes, I sooo agree on that!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Is there gonna be a movie on Angels and Demons??
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

Your kidding me Dixie :D
I just figure they will , considering the millions they (producers) rake in ($$$$$$) on every "moving picture" produced.
After the popularity of this one, why would'nt they go for it?
:wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I hope they do, I loved the novel :D
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

well, I am going to have to borrow it back from my sister! (and make time to read it now)
RCG

Da Vinci Code

Post by RCG »

How is this book???
Is interesting??
Tell me please...
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Oh, we had some threads about the book last year. What can I say? I loved the book. I have read it three times, I own two versions, the "normal" novel version and an illustrated version -quite interesting. Have seen the movie three times although I don't think it's comparable to the book.
RCG

Post by RCG »

Hi... why do you like so much???
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

RCG wrote:Hi... why do you like so much???
Can't explain. Why don't you try to read it? ;)
RCG

Post by RCG »

Actually... I will go to read...
Thank you... Sorry for my english... :)
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Dixie wrote:Oh, we had some threads about the book last year. What can I say? I loved the book. I have read it three times, I own two versions, the "normal" novel version and an illustrated version -quite interesting. Have seen the movie three times although I don't think it's comparable to the book.
A friend of mine said the same thing too! I bought the book last year and it's still on my bookshelf. After reading your post, I think I'll clean the dust over it and start reading. :idea:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Miss. Ladybird wrote: A friend of mine said the same thing too! I bought the book last year and it's still on my bookshelf. After reading your post, I think I'll clean the dust over it and start reading. :idea:
I'm sure than once you start reading, you won't be able to stop until you finish! The first time I read it in two days. I couldn't leave it! :D
medattes

Post by medattes »

don't you guys have a site where to download its electronic version. I didn't find it in the libraries nearby.
Snowy*

Have any body read novel " Dafenshy Code"?

Post by Snowy* »

Have any body read novel " Dafenshy Code"?

It's horrible .. I liked it but I got headache ..
His opinion about christian is very strange ..

I have a question for christians ..
Are all christians believe about what did he write??

That's mean ..
Is he talk about only his opinion or about all christians opinion's ??

Do any body understand what i mean??
Ihope so.....
doxology

Post by doxology »

I heard about it , but unfortunately idont read it

i think it's much intersting

hope to read it soon
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Are you talking about the Da Vinci Code? If yes, please visit here,

http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/v ... hp?t=44531
http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/v ... hp?t=33413

This topic is now locked.
ladyRowena

da vinci code

Post by ladyRowena »

oh!I had to stayed up late at night to read this book because It's very attractive.
Dan Brown,how intelligent you are!
Melek
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Melek »

medattes wrote:don't you guys have a site where to download its electronic version. I didn't find it in the libraries nearby.
here is a link foru,an electronic version of The Da Vinchi Code..good luck!)

http://www.lib.ru/INPROZ/BRAUN_D/dawinchi_engl.txt
nightwish

Post by nightwish »

yeah it's a readable book and so interesting.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

:) :arrow: The book is interesting and purely for entertainment. The author is so good and I felt as if my mind was following a fast flowing river.
daizy

Post by daizy »

thank you very much Melek, i was looking for this novel,
you really helped me. :D
Melek
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Melek »

daizy wrote:thank you very much Melek, i was looking for this novel,
you really helped me. :D

welcome)