Children only go missing when parents are careless.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Post by TalkingPoint »

What do YOU think?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mohamedkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star

Need Grammar correction

Post by mohamedkarni »

1)He should at least have sent an email saying he was much inrested in doing that work by next week..

Is it Correct?
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Children only go missing when parents are careless.

Post by Bambang »

TalkingPoint wrote:Children only go missing when parents are careless.

What do YOU think?
Disagree.
lovefrance

uhm uhm

Post by lovefrance »

in my opinion i just agree partly!
there are many reasons to explain why children go missing ! maybe their parents are careless but they can go by themselves~ they want to discover the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Malina

Post by Malina »

I don't agree.
Children are full of energy and ideas so it's often hard to control their each move. Elder children need a little independent. Parents can't follow their each step. Even if parents are very protective it will be a moment when a child is alone.
Robert

Post by Robert »

I'm 16 years old now.
Sometimes I really hope that my parents can leave me alone for a while.
I want to take a rest and be quiet.
My father always keeps talking and talking when I walk beside him.
I get crazy, thinking: can't he stop talking?
Now I come up with a solution---just don't pay attention to what he's talking about and think my own matters.
antony

Post by antony »

TalkingPoint wrote:Children only go missing when parents are careless.

What do YOU think?
It's very difficult to state why children go missing! Argument is very hard. Parents are careless or neverthless parents care children aren't able to talk with them about their problems or their fears (I'm not sure on the correctness of the expression "their fears"!) so it becomes very easy for children to make friends with bad people e to make wrong chooses.
YayuRahayu
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by YayuRahayu »

It's very difficult to state why children go missing! Argument is very hard. Parents are careless or neverthless parents care children aren't able to talk with them about their problems or their fears (I'm not sure on the correctness of the expression "their fears"!) so it becomes very easy for children to make friends with bad people e to make wrong chooses.
I am agree with u too..if children never talk to parents, they wont evr have understand whats the peoblem, depressed so they're leaving. it difficult if children have make a wrong friends in their school or some place.
antony

Post by antony »

If you agre with me on the need to talk and on the difficult for children to discuss their problems with their parents we can discuss on the nature of that difficult in order to undestand what's the right way to facilitate talking between children and their parents.
What do you think about? How parents can facilitate communication whith their children without make them feeling that someone is violating their interior?
sunshine81
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sunshine81 »

I think it's partially true, that children go missing when parents are careless. In my opinion it's also possible that children go missing although their parents take care of them very much. You can never look into other peoples minds and such things do mostly happen in a way you would never have expected. It can happen while you are shopping with your kind, just turning around a second and your kid is missing. Children can be missing by runing away from home but also by being kidnapped. First thing is of course mostly in the parents hands. But second one, not really.
vinhtruong

Post by vinhtruong »

In my opinion, children never go missing if they are in under their parents' care. With parents' care, they can realize what is the right way to to go. In addition, when parents see any evident of going missing, they can hinder this action. Therefore it's so difficult to going missing when the children receive a lot of care from their parents.
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

Parents really cannot be in control 100% of the time. It only takes a couple of seconds for a child to be lost in a crowd, or worse to be abducted. Does this call for more use of reins, harnesses, or the child being strapped in a pushchair, depending on age and to what age?
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

Yes, Children go missing when parents are careless, (Agreed)
The first school and learning place for a baby is the mother's hug and the family environment. If you give them good upbringing and teach them better ways how to live, definitely they can easily handle the remaining life by themselves.
hellofriend

Parents should be responsible for their children

Post by hellofriend »

At the first, I believe that, it's the parents mistake. In some place there has lot of people, the parents should hold child's hand all the time. If you don't, and get the child lost, that is your mistake. This is your child, not others. So take the responsible to them.
davidglines

Post by davidglines »

I don't agree. Sometimes, even the most careful parents (the doting ones) can face such situations, when kids are missing. According to the GlobalMissingKids statistics, each year the UK and Germany have 112,853 and 100,000 kids missing correspondingly. These are the biggest numbers in the world. Does that mean that German or British parents are more careless that others? While in Canada, only 45,288 are reported to be missing yearly.
David Glines
My articles: Is it Possible to Get Several Ph.D. Levels (view).
HammondBears

Post by HammondBears »

I'm an ESOL teacher in America and want to point out that, in the US, to say for a child to go missing means that something nefarious, like an abduction or kidnapping happened. After reading people's posts, I realized my mistake. It's my opinion that most Americans would rewrite this prompt, "Children only run away when their parents are careless."
CrystalP

Post by CrystalP »

No, not only the careless parents make children want to leave home. Parents who are over caring for their kids can also lead to this outcome because they might put too much stress on kids. This is a typical situation that happened in Asian countries.
cjkim

Post by cjkim »

I partially agree with that. Parents are careless that increases the possibility that children go missing. However, we should know that some children go missing when parents are too much careful. We, both children and parents, are all human beings.
cjkim

Post by cjkim »

I partially agree with that. Parents are careless that increases the possibility that children go missing. However, we should know that some children go missing when parents are too much careful. We, both children and parents, are all human beings.
tomdaiski

Post by tomdaiski »

It is very cruel to blame parents of the missing children. They are miserable and desperate enough since it is their children who are being kidnapped or abducted, I mean in worst case. No parents want this happen to their children. They might be careless sometimes, but there are other chief culprit such as bad guys who do children trafficking. And these bad guys are the main cause and shall be blamed for the missing children instead of parents.
Altria

Post by Altria »

This statement is too absolute. Even if the parents are careful enough, there is still some possibility that children can go missing, since parents cannot follow their children all the time. Danger stays everywhere. Not only parents but also children themselves should be careful.