Which do you think is the best place to travel? Why?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

borucahcm

Which do you think is the best place to travel? Why?

Post by borucahcm »

Hello!!!:lol:

For you are the most interesting country and having the best sights?
I await your opinions!
:)
kavad

[color=green]Beijing[/color]

Post by kavad »

Beijing is the best place to visit if you are traveling to China.
This is a brief description of why this place is for me one of the best destinations.

Beijing is situated at the northern tip, of the roughly triangular North China Plain which opens to the south and east of the city. Mountains to the north, northwest and west shield the city and northern China's agricultural heartland from the encroaching desert steppes. The northwestern part of the municipality, especially Yanqing County and Huairou District, are dominated by the Jundu Mountains, while the western part of the municipality is framed by the Xishan Mountains.
The Beijing CBD, centred at the Guomao area, has been identified as the city's new central business district, and is home to a variety of corporate regional headquarters, shopping precincts, and high-end housing. The Beijing Financial Street, in the Fuxingmen and Fuchengmen area, is a traditional financial centre. The Wangfujing and Xidan areas are major shopping districts. Zhongguancun, dubbed "China's Silicon Valley", continues to be a major centre in electronics- and computer-related industries, as well as pharmaceuticals-related research. Meanwhile, Yizhuang, located to the southeast of the urban area, is becoming a new centre in pharmaceuticals, IT, and materials engineering.
Urban Beijing is also known for being a centre of pirated goods and anything from the latest designer clothing to the latest DVDs can be found in markets all over the city, often marketed to expatriates and international visitors. It is also a world leader in the production and distribution of melamine and melamine-related compounds, (ammeline, ammelide and cyanuric acid). Major industrial areas include Shijingshan, located on the western outskirts of the city. Agriculture is carried out outside the urban area of Beijing, with wheat and maize (corn) being the main crops. Vegetables are also grown in the regions closer to the urban area in order to supply the city.
Three styles of architecture predominate in urban Beijing. First, the traditional architecture of imperial China, perhaps best exemplified by the massive Tian'anmen (Gate of Heavenly Peace), which remains the PRC's trademark edifice, the Forbidden City, and the Temple of Heaven. Next there is what is sometimes referred to as the "Sino-Sov" style, built between the 1950s and the 1970s, which tend to be boxy, bland, and poorly made. Finally, there are much more modern architectural forms — most noticeably in the area of the Beijing CBD. Pictured below are some images of Beijing architecture — blending the old and the new.
People native to urban Beijing speak the Beijing dialect, which belongs to the Mandarin subdivision of spoken Chinese. Beijing dialect is the basis for Standard Mandarin, the language used in the People's Republic of China, the Republic of China on Taiwan, and Singapore. Rural areas of Beijing Municipality have their own dialects akin to those of Hebei province, which surrounds Beijing Municipality.
Tourism
Despite the turmoil of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries — including damage caused by European military occupation, the Japanese invasion of WWII and the Cultural Revolution — and the recent intense urbanisation and transformation, including the demolition of hutongs, Beijing still maintains tourist attractions that are rich in history.
Although more known for its political significance in the West, the Tian'anmen (Gate of Heavenly Peace) has long been one of the most important tourist sites of Beijing, both by itself and as the main entrance to the Forbidden City. Other world-renowned sites include the Badaling section of the Great Wall of China, the Summer Palace, and the Temple of Heaven.
How is your country and what are the main attractions of this?
borucahcm

Costa Rica

Post by borucahcm »

Hello!!
Thanks for your input and information. I really like to visit Beijing.
I live in Costa Rica. It is a beautiful country possesses great attractions both natural and cultural. In my opinion the best attractions are the beaches. Well I can say I live there and I love it.
What other country would you like to visit besides Beijing?
marumani

roumanie

Post by marumani »

Costa Rica and Beijing are big countries with attractive but in my opinion Romania is one of the best countries to visit.

Roumanie is a country in southeastern Europe. Bucharest is one of the largest tourist attractions, in addition to being the capital and largest city of Romania. The medieval town of Sibiu has been designated as the cultural capital of Europe for 2007, along with Luxembourg.
The division broader Roumanie is in 8 regions, although this division is only for the coordination of regional developments and the distribution of external funding. There is not an entity administering the various branches of power to each of these regions.
Roumanie is one of the major producers and exporters of agricultural products from Europe. The industrial sector accounts for 35% of GDP, despite the fact that in recent times, the facilities built during the centralized economy have become obsolete and factories have had to invest heavily in modernization.
Roumanie's population reaches 22.3 million (2006), and is declining at a rate of 0.12% per annum. Roumanie is a state with no official religion, although more than 85% of the population is fixed to the Romanian Orthodox Church
Architecture: The list of World Heritage Sites of UNESCO sites includes Romanians as "Peoples Saxons with fortified churches" (Transylvania), "Painted Churches of northern Moldova" with its remarkable fresh external and internal, "Churches wood Maramureş "examples unique combination of Gothic style with traditional wood construction, the" Fortress of Sighişoara "or" Strengths Dacias in the mountains Orăştie. " Moreover, in 2007, the city of Sibiu was elected as European Capital of Culture, along with Luxembourg.
Roumanie became the eleventh country in the world to have an astronaut in space. That astronaut, Dumitru Prunariu, is now president of the Space Agency Ruman.

In my opinion Romania is one of the best detinos travel
kicho

Brazil

Post by kicho »

I live in Colombia. But I really like Brazil. More than all the celebrations popular as the Carnival in Rio De Janeiro. These are the best attractions. But it has other major features, for example:
Brazil covers nearly half of South America and is the continent's largest nation. Brazil is the only Latin American nation that derives its language and culture from Portugal. The native inhabitants mostly consisted of the nomadic Tupí-Guaraní Indians.

Government: Federal republic.
Religion: Roman Catholic 74%, Protestant 15%, Spiritualist 1%, none 7% (2000)
Literacy rate: 88.6% (2004 est.)
Economic summary: GDP/PPP (2006 est.): $1.616 trillion; per capita $8,600. Real growth rate: 2.8%. Inflation: 3%. Unemployment: 9.6%. Arable land: 7%. Agriculture: coffee, soybeans, wheat, rice, corn, sugarcane, cocoa, citrus; beef. Labor force: 96.34 million; agriculture 20%, industry 14%, services 66% (2006 est.). Industries: textiles, shoes, chemicals, cement, lumber, iron ore, tin, steel, aircraft, motor vehicles and parts, other machinery and equipment. Natural resources: bauxite, gold, iron ore, manganese, nickel, phosphates, platinum, tin, uranium, petroleum, hydropower, timber. Exports: $137.5 billion f.o.b. (2006 est.): transport equipment, iron ore, soybeans, footwear, coffee, autos. Imports: $91.4 billion f.o.b. (2006 est.): machinery, electrical and transport equipment, chemical products, oil. Major trading partners: U.S., Argentina, China, Netherlands, Germany, Mexico, Nigeria, Japan (2005).

I hope to learn more about Brazil, I am sure you will enjoy much!
borucahcm

Hi!!!!!!!!

Post by borucahcm »

Thanks for all the information on their countries. :lol:

I especially would like me to attend the carnivals of Brazil. It is a celebration very special and interesting.

What other country they would like vistar? What are the characteristics that attracted him to this place
?
quangson

Post by quangson »

Is it The United States of America?
I dream of coming there in someday.
borucahcm

Post by borucahcm »

Hello: quangson
Many have called the American dream. If USA is a country with big attractions for tourists.

But tell me, what would you like to visit another country?
kavad

Post by kavad »

Last year I go to Italy with my family! This country is very beautiful and great attractions!
These are some features of this place:

Italy has a mainly mountainous terrain, except the Po valley, and extends from the Alps until the middle of the Mediterranean. It comprises the islands of Sicily, Sardinia, Elba and 70 of smaller size. The Peninsula Italica houses two small independent states: the Vatican, in Rome, and the Republic of San Marino.
Italy has a bicameral Parliament consisting of the Senate (Senato della Repubblica), or upper house, the Chamber of Deputies (Camera dei Deputati). Elections are held every five years.
The list of Italian artists universal is long, and contains Giotto, Botticelli, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Tintoretto and Caravaggio. The country has also been the birthplace of composers operísticos as Verdi and Puccini, and filmmakers such as Fellini.
The Italian cuisine is one of the most refined and varied in Europe, tasty recipes from Naples and Calabria up preparations based Ligurian pesto sauce, passing plates of cheese and rice (risotti) from the Alpine regions.
kicho

Post by kicho »

Another country that I would like to visit someday is Paris.

Paris is today one of the world's leading centers economy and stock market, and its influence on politics, education, entertainment, media, fashion, science and the arts, contributing to its status as a of major cities globally.
Paris is the most popular tourist destination in the world, with more than 30 million foreign visitors per year. It is considered the most beautiful and glamorous city in the world, has the largest number of monuments around the world. There are many significant sites and worldwide recognition as the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Champs Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe, the Basilica of Sacre-Coeur, Invalides, the Pantheon, the Arc de la Defense, Opera Garnier, the Montparnasse among its many attractions, along with world-renowned institutions such as the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay and the National Museum of Natural History of France, and as the popular park Disneyland Resort Paris.
funnyclick

Re: Which do you think is the best place to travel? Why?

Post by funnyclick »

I once dreamt to travel to Greece. I have watched and read everything about that country and I wish I could be there just one time. That peaceful and beautiful country always attracts me because of its leisurely beauty. Imagine I have chance to visit the oldest temples in the world, witness famous architecture and enjoy that country's culture, it's extremely exciting. :P
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Alaska is very good......I like the own life that the people have here....and the peace....streams and trees......wood houses.....WOW... :lol: :lol: :lol:
JeanPierre

Post by JeanPierre »

The best place to travel is Machu Pichu in Peru because this place is wonderful and you know the culture for other people and is a one experience very excited.... 8) 8) 8)