My own experience living on my own with broken left heel

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

My own experience living on my own with broken left heel

Post by wllsp »

So, this summer I broke my left heel. I had to walk on crutches for one and a half month. It was really difficult. But there was one thing that made my life much easier at that time. It was an automatic transmission in my car. I was not confined to one room. In fact I hardly could walk more than fifty meters but could perfectly travel fifty or more kilometers. As a result I regularily visited my friends and parents whenever I wanted to see them.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: My own experience living on my own with broken left heel

Post by MissLT »

How are you now?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

wllsp wrote:So, this summer I broke my left heel. I had to walk on crutches for one and a half month. It was really difficult. But there was one thing that made my life much easier at that time. It was an automatic transmission in my car. I was not confined to one room. In fact I hardly could walk more than fifty meters but could perfectly travel fifty or more kilometers. As a result I regularily visited my friends and parents whenever I wanted to see them.
One month and a half!

I had to walk on crutches many years ago, in August, for just a week, and it was horribly painful! My hands hurt, and it was so hot! In the middle of summer, with my leg in plaster, it was horrible. How could you endure a month and a half! :D

Hope you're better now.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

LennyeTran wrote:How are you now?
I think I'm fine. After removing the plaster my doctor recomended me to be careful in the next half a year. I was told not to do activities like jogging, dancing, skiing and etc. And I followed his advice for a few months.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Dixie wrote: One month and a half!

I had to walk on crutches many years ago, in August, for just a week, and it was horribly painful! My hands hurt, and it was so hot! In the middle of summer, with my leg in plaster, it was horrible. How could you endure a month and a half! :D

Hope you're better now.
Actually it was not plaster all the time. Nowadays there is another staff that is used for fixing broken bones. It is significantly ligther that plaster and you can take a shower or bath as it dries quickly especially if one uses hairdryer. I'm serious. So I spent first ten days wearing plaster bandage and five weeks with bandage made of that staff.

Fortunately, it was rather depressing only for a few first days. Then I got used to my state. Moreover luckily I was still able to use the car so I kind of lived almost as I had lived before.