How many books do you read in a year?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:49 am

Tora wrote:so how many books did you read so far starting in 2007? :D


4 :roll:

User avatar
Nu
Silver Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:55 pm
Location: Moscow

Postby Nu » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:47 pm

Tora wrote:In my opinion the idea of summing up the number of books you read in a year time is not so preposterous as it seems to you. there is no use to emphasize that you're a reading and intelligent person - I was sure in it :wink: 8)

but I guess it's very easy, I do remember the books I read and the plot and the characters, so why not to count the books? :roll:

so how many books did you read so far starting in 2007? :D


oh ) it just seemed unusual to me ) nothing else )

And haven't u got a problem: u know that u've read a book but don't remember when and even how many times? +) so i have one )

User avatar
Miss. Ladybird
Gold Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:50 pm
Location: Middle East
Contact:

Postby Miss. Ladybird » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:59 pm

Tora wrote:so how many books did you read so far starting in 2007? :D

:oops: I still haven't finished the one I'm reading since last December :oops:

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Postby Tora » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:23 pm

Nu wrote:oh ) it just seemed unusual to me ) nothing else )

And haven't u got a problem: u know that u've read a book but don't remember when and even how many times? +) so i have one )


sure it happens but with the books I read in my early childhood mostly :lol:

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Postby Tora » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:28 pm

Miss. Ladybird wrote:
Tora wrote:so how many books did you read so far starting in 2007? :D

:oops: I still haven't finished the one I'm reading since last December :oops:


My dear Lady! that's just fine as sometimes I read the book as long as I can - to prolong the pleasure!

In january I was reading a lot, though it was supposed I was preparing to my exams, now I started a new semester and my books were replaced by studying :(

User avatar
Cypress
Gold Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am
Status: Other
Location: USA/Ukraine
Contact:

Postby Cypress » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:50 pm

mrLenin wrote:
Cypress wrote:For the past three years I’ve been writing down the titles and authors of all the books I’ve read. I don’t know why I do it. I guess as a statistics student, I just like keeping truck of everything :lol:
So, this year I’ve read eight books in English, four in Russian, and one in Ukrainian. Thirteen in total.


So how do you know Ukrainian? Any relatives?


____________________
ezine articles http://www.articlepros.com
article submission http://www.articlerobot.com


I've been in the States since 2001; I was born and grew up in Ukraine. I miss my lovely country :(

User avatar
Miss. Ladybird
Gold Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:50 pm
Location: Middle East
Contact:

Postby Miss. Ladybird » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:10 pm

Tora wrote:
In january I was reading a lot, though it was supposed I was preparing to my exams, now I started a new semester and my books were replaced by studying :(

Mine were replaced with work files. :cry:

User avatar
Dexter
Gold Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:19 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Iran

Postby Dexter » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:35 am

i've started reading The old man than the sea by Ernest Hemingway... i'm going on so slowly... i've read only 38 pages since yesterday...
honestly, i'm not really liking the book... i'm finding it boring :roll:

i usually take too long to finish a book when i don't like it.. let's see when i'll finish this book :P

User avatar
Nu
Silver Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:55 pm
Location: Moscow

Postby Nu » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:37 pm

Dexter wrote:i usually take too long to finish a book when i don't like it.. let's see when i'll finish this book :P


why do u read books which are unintresting for u in this case?

User avatar
Dexter
Gold Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:19 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Iran

Postby Dexter » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:04 am

Nu wrote:
Dexter wrote:i usually take too long to finish a book when i don't like it.. let's see when i'll finish this book :P


why do u read books which are unintresting for u in this case?

to know what happens in the end! :P
i've read many books which i didn't like & thought were boring only to know what will happen and how it ends; so i think i'm doing the same about this book...
honestly, i doubt if i'll finish it... maybe i'll just put it away & try reading it again later after a couple of months or years... i've just got to page 55!!! it's a record for me... i usually read and finish a book of 500 pages in a day :P

nightwish
Silver Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:00 am
Location: Venus

Postby nightwish » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:05 am

I've read about 9 books!

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Postby Dixie » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:25 pm

OK so from January until today I have read 25 books. Not bad :mrgreen:

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Postby Tora » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:12 pm

Dixie wrote:OK so from January until today I have read 25 books. Not bad :mrgreen:



How did you manage to count? I can't even remember the book I was reading erm.. 2 books ago :shock: :lol:

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Postby Dixie » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:59 am

Tora wrote:How did you manage to count? I can't even remember the book I was reading erm.. 2 books ago :shock: :lol:



Well I was so curious to know how many books I read in a year that in January I took my notebook and decided I would write down the titles and authors of all the books I read from then on. Every time I finished a book, I wrote down its title and author(s). So from January to December 2007 I have read 25 books (2 of them I had already read, and 23 were new). Now I'm reading a new one, but that will count for next year :mrgreen:

User avatar
Cypress
Gold Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am
Status: Other
Location: USA/Ukraine
Contact:

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Postby Cypress » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:31 pm

Dixie wrote:Well I was so curious to know how many books I read in a year that in January I took my notebook and decided I would write down the titles and authors of all the books I read from then on. Every time I finished a book, I wrote down its title and author(s). So from January to December 2007 I have read 25 books (2 of them I had already read, and 23 were new). Now I'm reading a new one, but that will count for next year :mrgreen:



I used to do the same (writing down the name of the book and the title), but now I go even farther… In addition to that, I write whether I liked or disliked the book, what impressed me the most about it and so on. Occasionally, I even make little sketches for the book (seldom though as I am not very good at sketching).

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Postby Tora » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:37 am

Cypress wrote:
Dixie wrote:Well I was so curious to know how many books I read in a year that in January I took my notebook and decided I would write down the titles and authors of all the books I read from then on. Every time I finished a book, I wrote down its title and author(s). So from January to December 2007 I have read 25 books (2 of them I had already read, and 23 were new). Now I'm reading a new one, but that will count for next year :mrgreen:



I used to do the same (writing down the name of the book and the title), but now I go even farther… In addition to that, I write whether I liked or disliked the book, what impressed me the most about it and so on. Occasionally, I even make little sketches for the book (seldom though as I am not very good at sketching).


Ladies, I'm fond of you both! I used to put down author and title, but gave up occasionaly...

Cypress, you amaze me, like always. You could post your scetches here, I remember several times in "What's the latest book you have read recently" you did a small description of the book :wink:

User avatar
Cypress
Gold Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am
Status: Other
Location: USA/Ukraine
Contact:

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Postby Cypress » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:33 am

Tora wrote:
Ladies, I'm fond of you both! I used to put down author and title, but gave up occasionaly...

Cypress, you amaze me, like always. You could post your scetches here, I remember several times in "What's the latest book you have read recently" you did a small description of the book :wink:



And you amaze me, Tora. You are a very observant person and have good memory. Indeed, those several short descriptions were excerpts from what I write in my journal :wink:

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Postby Dixie » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:59 am

Cypress wrote:I used to do the same (writing down the name of the book and the title), but now I go even farther… In addition to that, I write whether I liked or disliked the book, what impressed me the most about it and so on. Occasionally, I even make little sketches for the book (seldom though as I am not very good at sketching).


Well that's an excellent idea! I will do that from now on. Thanks, Cypress! :D

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Postby denvinbo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:46 am

I read 10 book in a year...........a big one.... :D :D :D :D
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children

User avatar
Annaa
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:15 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Postby Annaa » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:20 pm

I read `bout 100 books in a year.I won 2 times 1st prize in my city library for read books,nd once I won second prize.I make a recor there :-D .
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..

User avatar
Cypress
Gold Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am
Status: Other
Location: USA/Ukraine
Contact:

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Postby Cypress » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:50 pm

Annaa wrote:I read `bout 100 books in a year.I won 2 times 1st prize in my city library for read books,nd once I won second prize.I make a recor there :-D .


Oh wow, that’s a lot. Just make sure reading that much won’t hurt your eyes.


Return to “Books & Authors”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests