All Change!

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

User avatar
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:21 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: England
Contact:

All Change!

Postby TalkingPoint » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:37 pm

All change is progress. Do you agree?

User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Contact:

Re: All Change!

Postby Vega » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:55 pm

Change in a good way is progress.

User avatar
Bambang
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: All Change!

Postby Bambang » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:45 pm

Nothin' lasts forever.
We're all friends, right?

User avatar
aPeace
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:36 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: All Change!

Postby aPeace » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:14 pm

TalkingPoint wrote:All change is progress. Do you agree?


:roll: I don't agree , not all ><

nancywu
Silver Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:22 am
Status: Other

Re: All Change!

Postby nancywu » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:07 am

in some sense, i agree with you. even it change in the bad way or something failed, but you can learn from it. it can called progress in a different angle.

User avatar
abdulrudsmit
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:06 am
Status: Other
Location: Padang, Indonesia
Contact:

Re: All Change!

Postby abdulrudsmit » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Progress means moving forward and if change is a move backwards, then not all change is progress. Humankind tends to change in a negative way, which means not progressing but regressing. So change will only be considered progress if it is for the betterment of ourselves and others.
Love Counsellor
True Love brings True Happiness

chinna
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:50 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: All Change!

Postby chinna » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:58 pm

definitely change is important in everyone's life.as it is the only thing which brings progress in one's attitude or achievements.without change ,one cannot overcome from their mistakes or sorrows.

User avatar
Bambang
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: All Change!

Postby Bambang » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:21 pm

abdulrudsmit wrote:Progress means moving forward and if change is a move backwards, then not all change is progress. Humankind tends to change in a negative way, which means not progressing but regressing. So change will only be considered progress if it is for the betterment of ourselves and others..


Agree. Some changes are bad. Look at my face. It's changed; and that's bad. I look older. much older. Really. :lol:

BUT then...

If you look at it from a pessimistic point of view, then you are right by saying that humankind tends to change in a negative way. However, from an optimistic point of view, that's not right. Humandkind tends to change in a positive way. Who wants to be in a worse situation? Everybody wants a betterment.

One more thing, not all progress is good. The nuclear technology for instance. Technologically speaking, that's good; extremely good. However, politically and humanly speaking, that's not good. That's a disaster :!:
We're all friends, right?

User avatar
abdulrudsmit
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:06 am
Status: Other
Location: Padang, Indonesia
Contact:

Re: All Change!

Postby abdulrudsmit » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:16 am

I agree with you Bambang. All things change including our faces but I believe it is not bad at all. The older we get the better we are. Just like wine - the older the age of the wine the better it is :lol: . Therefore, the older we get the wiser we should be.

Right, we can always look at things in a pessimistic or optimistic way. I am an optimist but if we compare human beings now with those in the past there are more hatred in the world now. With progress in technology, progress in the way humans think, we expect the world to be more peaceful but it is not. The strong dominates and destroys the weak (politically, economically, socially), people killing people just because they are different (religion, race, ethnic group) or simply because we think differently. Humans are regressing as a collective Bambang but I am an optimist. In the end, the good will win over the bad. REAL PROGRESS WILL TRIUMPH. :D

Take care y'all.
Love Counsellor
True Love brings True Happiness

User avatar
Bambang
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: All Change!

Postby Bambang » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:57 am

abdulrudsmit wrote:I agree with you Bambang. All things change including our faces but I believe it is not bad at all. The older we get the better we are.



I wish I could choose to have an ageless face. You’ll agree with me when you see some wrinkles on your ugly face. You’ll say this to yourself; “Oh My Dog, how ugly I am now. I wish I were 17”.
:D

abdulrudsmit wrote:Just like wine - the older the age of the wine the better it is :lol: . Therefore, the older we get the wiser we should be.



You can go with your wine and get drunk for the rest of your life. My face is not wine. The more wrinkles the better. :wink:


abdulrudsmit wrote:the older we get the wiser we should be.


The older you are the more senile you’ll be. No doubt!


abdulrudsmit wrote:Right, we can always look at things in a pessimistic or optimistic way. I am an optimist but if we compare human beings now with those in the past there are more hatred in the world now. With progress in technology, progress in the way humans think, we expect the world to be more peaceful but it is not. The strong dominates and destroys the weak (politically, economically, socially), people killing people just because they are different (religion, race, ethnic group) or simply because we think differently. Humans are regressing as a collective Bambang but I am an optimist. In the end, the good will win over the bad. REAL PROGRESS WILL TRIUMPH. :D

Take care y'all.


I am happy to hear you saying that you are an optimist. As a fellow Indonesian, I like knowing optimistic Indonesian people. But, based on your point of view, I doubt it. You don’t look like an optimist.

There is more hatred these days? The quantity of hatred is constant. It’s the same all the time; yesterday – today – and tomorrow. It’s only the doers that are different. Hatred sticks to human beings. It’s there with them till the death picks them up.

This world will never be peaceful as hatred still exists in this planet. Don’t ever hope a peaceful world! That’s a dead loss! Stay away from that way of thinkin’.


abdulrudsmit wrote:The strong dominates and destroys the weak (politically, economically, socially), people killing people just because they are different (religion, race, ethnic group) or simply because we think differently. Humans are regressing as a collective Bambang but I am an optimist. In the end, the good will win over the bad. REAL PROGRESS WILL TRIUMPH. :D

Take care y'all.



Agree.
We're all friends, right?

User avatar
olfa
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:07 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Tunisie

Re: All Change!

Postby olfa » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:07 am

Hello every body :oops:
I do agree ,for this reason: staying the same is not good, cause life is dynamic, each day things change and be better or worse maybe, but there is life in every change, so being just the same without any changing is sign of being stable ,useless and unactive!
But we try to change to the better of course, if not our mistekrs will teach us too ,how to be better and learn from our miss-treating with life in general!
So I do believe in "all change is a progress"

User avatar
abdulrudsmit
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:06 am
Status: Other
Location: Padang, Indonesia
Contact:

Re: All Change!

Postby abdulrudsmit » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:19 am

Bambang, I really appreciate your "sense of humor" or is it "sarcasm"?

I can assure you I am an optimist that is why i work daily warning people that they better change or they will be changed (inspired by Jack Welch "Control Your Destiny" :lol: ).

Hey, wrinkles look good on you, don't you know that? I have wrinkles and lots of people believe me more and love me more (specially the ladies) - probably they think I am a wiser person (how some people get fooled by appearances :P :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Nice talking to you Bambang. You certainly make my day - you changed the weather outside (sunshine in Padang), you changed my mood (now it is shining). So you see, you brought some changes into a person's life (mine). God bless you. That certainly is progress.

Thanks.
Love Counsellor
True Love brings True Happiness

User avatar
abdulrudsmit
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:06 am
Status: Other
Location: Padang, Indonesia
Contact:

Re: All Change!

Postby abdulrudsmit » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:17 am

That is right Chow. We humans are created as never ending changing creatures. Do you know that every nanosecond millions of our brain cells die and are replaced with new ones? That means humans are new creatures by the second, no by the nanosecond. Chow 5 minutes ago is different than Chow now. Same with abdulrudsmit. As you read my comments here you are changing. The way we think change as we move forward in time.

Anyway, change is inevitable. If we follow the law of the universe we will change for the good of ourselves. Unfortunately, the bad is also in everyone of us. The bad can change to good but also increase in intensity and volume. So, we have a choice. To what end do we want to change?

Hopefully our choice is for the good. Progress denotes good not bad.
Love Counsellor
True Love brings True Happiness

User avatar
Bambang
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: All Change!

Postby Bambang » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:48 am

abdulrudsmit wrote:That is right Chow. We humans are created as never ending changing creatures. Do you know that every nanosecond millions of our brain cells die and are replaced with new ones? That means humans are new creatures by the second, no by the nanosecond. Chow 5 minutes ago is different than Chow now. Same with abdulrudsmit. As you read my comments here you are changing. The way we think change as we move forward in time.

Anyway, change is inevitable. If we follow the law of the universe we will change for the good of ourselves. Unfortunately, the bad is also in everyone of us. The bad can change to good but also increase in intensity and volume. So, we have a choice. To what end do we want to change?

Hopefully our choice is for the good. Progress denotes good not bad.


Seems you know a lot about "change". Why don't you join us to discuss other issues in this lovely forum. There are hundreds of topics are being discussed at the moment. And there are hundreds of crazy, ugly, poor, weird members in this forum waiting for your comments. Why don't you put forward your opinions so that you can change those crazy, ugly, poor, weird people.

For your information, just between us, I am the craziest, ugliest, poorest, weirdest of all. Yeah, I am the worst of all. Let's see whether you can change us or not. Or you might be even worse than me! :mrgreen:
We're all friends, right?

trinhho
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:22 am
Status: English Learner

Re: All Change!

Postby trinhho » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:27 am

i really don't know exactly all change is progress , i' ve spend 2 years dificult time , when we say goodbye eachother, and lost my job, now i still get lost ,try finding new job , and something sometime i feel disappointed.everything 's not advantage over me
but i 've spend that time to learn other skill, anybody you tell me that is the progress?
at my age , now i'm 40 yeas old , have to begin again

User avatar
abdulrudsmit
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:06 am
Status: Other
Location: Padang, Indonesia
Contact:

Re: All Change!

Postby abdulrudsmit » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:45 pm

For Bambang,

Do you know that to understand crazy and weird people you have to be also crazy and weird? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes sir, I accept your invitation to join other topics but I can not promise that I will always be active because PLN and Speedy must also change first. Sometimes I can not go on because electricity is off, meaning internet is off, and at times speedy turns slowdy (is there such a word? :mrgreen: ) but yes, I will soon. Thanks for the compliment.

For Trinho,

Indeed change is not always good. I experienced that myself. Being out of a job is definitely no good. But how about changing your paradigm? Instead of looking for a job you create a job for yourself. I am sure that you have skills and hobbies that you can turn into a profession. Thus, earning an income. For example, I love to talk and write. When people don't give me jobs anymore (maybe because they think I am too old or because I am expensive) I decided to change and become a trainer and public speaker. True enough, now I work doing something I love to do. The income is even better than when I was working for something.

Trinho, decide to change yourself first - the rest will follow. That kind of change is welcomed change. Trust me. Try it.
It is never easy making the first step but once you begin everything else becomes easier. Good luck my friend.

By the way, I am 57 years old and I was unemployed for almost 10 years. Now I feel younger than you or even Bambang. :lol:
Love Counsellor
True Love brings True Happiness

User avatar
Bambang
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: All Change!

Postby Bambang » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:06 pm

trinhho wrote:i really don't know exactly all change is progress , i' ve spend 2 years dificult time , when we say goodbye eachother, and lost my job, now i still get lost ,try finding new job , and something sometime i feel disappointed.everything 's not advantage over me
but i 've spend that time to learn other skill, anybody you tell me that is the progress?
at my age , now i'm 40 yeas old , have to begin again


"Life begins at 40", some say.

And you're not the only old man in this forum. Welcome to my boat, my fellow old man.
We're all friends, right?

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: All Change!

Postby MissLT » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:15 pm

bambang wrote: And there are hundreds of crazy, ugly, poor, weird members in this forum waiting for your comments. Why don't you put forward your opinions so that you can change those crazy, ugly, poor, weird people.

Excuse me, is this the change of your attitude? Who are those members, anyway? I've looked around and I don't see any ugly people here.

Except Hardi :lol: :lol:

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Re: All Change!

Postby Hardi » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:21 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
bambang wrote: And there are hundreds of crazy, ugly, poor, weird members in this forum waiting for your comments. Why don't you put forward your opinions so that you can change those crazy, ugly, poor, weird people.

Excuse me, is this the change of your attitude? Who are those members, anyway? I've looked around and I don't see any ugly people here.

Except Hardi :lol: :lol:


You don't have any mirror in your household isn't? Vampire Lady. Or maybe it's just that there is too dark in your side, that you can't see your self from mirror very well.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: All Change!

Postby MissLT » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:34 pm

:twisted: Still cuter than you. That's a change you need to acknowledge now.

User avatar
Bambang
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: All Change!

Postby Bambang » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:54 am

Hardi wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:
bambang wrote: And there are hundreds of crazy, ugly, poor, weird members in this forum waiting for your comments. Why don't you put forward your opinions so that you can change those crazy, ugly, poor, weird people.

Excuse me, is this the change of your attitude? Who are those members, anyway? I've looked around and I don't see any ugly people here.

Except Hardi :lol: :lol:


You don't have any mirror in your household isn't? Vampire Lady. Or maybe it's just that there is too dark in your side, that you can't see your self from mirror very well.


Love's in the air. :roll:
So far, there's no change. Hope it lasts long. :mrgreen:
We're all friends, right?


Return to “Talking Point Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron