Would you like to marry ?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby Tora » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:30 pm

(((Edu))) wrote:Marryment is more than love. Love is wonderful but nobody lives just in love. Before to get marry with someone, think in a person who you really like to talk, to walk together and to do seemed things.

I'm married. It's very important to me have a family and to build a true home. But pay attention, young people "that's tough to keep a relationship".


Great, Edu! How long have you been married? I'm asking as you sound like you've spent not less than ten years in marriage!
Probably you mess up "love" with "passion", as enjoying time together as you say walking and talking is a part of love as I see it.

I'm sure everyone needs to get married sooner or later, just remember about a glass of water from your family on one's deathbed but no one is thirsty though :lol:

User avatar
komar
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Central Asia- Kazakhstan
Contact:

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby komar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:53 am

oh...... I'm 24....this topic is just for me!!! bc the marriage is hottest theme for me.... this April I'm going to marry!!!!! time has come :) so many people around me say I'm still young for being married...even my relatives my friends my colleagues...I didn't find any support.... but.... I don't care...
LAUGH, AND THE WORLD LAUGHS WITH YOU; WEEP, AND YOU WEEP ALONE

User avatar
Bambang
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby Bambang » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:27 am

komar wrote:oh...... I'm 24....this topic is just for me!!! bc the marriage is hottest theme for me.... this April I'm going to marry!!!!! time has come :) so many people around me say I'm still young for being married...even my relatives my friends my colleagues...I didn't find any support.... but.... I don't care...


Good for you.
Congrats! And welcome to EC!
We're all friends, right?

BenM
Silver Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 pm
Status: Other

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby BenM » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:39 pm

sure why not :) but where is she :cry: :!: >> kidin'
I feel like I gotta get married after I secure job, have enough money , And find the girl of my dreams. I don't know but I feel it's gonna be a while after I graduate and before I get married. Not an easy business in here

User avatar
southrnpride
Silver Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:55 am
Status: Other
Location: Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby southrnpride » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:37 am

I would hope that I could be married and maybe have at least one child by the time I'm in my late twenties, early thirties, but who knows!

I just don't want to rush things. Jumping headlong into a marriage without a thought is foolish.

ahmedxzxz
Silver Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: Anywhere

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby ahmedxzxz » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:17 pm

from my point of view,marriage is the second half of your life...and everyone should have his other half..either he is a man or a woman....so find your other half and marry soon....

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby Tora » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:09 am

BenM wrote:sure why not :) but where is she :cry: :!: >> kidin'
I feel like I gotta get married after I secure job, have enough money , And find the girl of my dreams. I don't know but I feel it's gonna be a while after I graduate and before I get married. Not an easy business in here


I'm wondering, why do you guys always have to work out a fortune before you lead a girl to the altar. I've always thought that working hard both of the spouses, earning money for hiring a flat, than buying a detached house - all these make you closer, I mean gaining your wealth together, getting experienced. at the end of life you will say that you walked it all through hand in hand, through thick and thin :wink:

Happysheep
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:24 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Ninxia
Contact:

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby Happysheep » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:13 am

This post is so funny.
Recently i was consdering this problem, although i am just nearly 20 years old .
but i met a boy ,i think i am falling love with him deeply.
But when i saw my own sister preparing for her marrige, i found it is difficult to have an "full house",it needs some important conditions.
The statistics show that the young people in China ,espicially in some developed city, the expense of that is between 30.000 to 70.000 RMB.
hehe ,that is the fact....

User avatar
komar
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Central Asia- Kazakhstan
Contact:

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby komar » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:59 am

Tora wrote:
BenM wrote:sure why not :) but where is she :cry: :!: >> kidin'
I feel like I gotta get married after I secure job, have enough money , And find the girl of my dreams. I don't know but I feel it's gonna be a while after I graduate and before I get married. Not an easy business in here


I'm wondering, why do you guys always have to work out a fortune before you lead a girl to the altar. I've always thought that working hard both of the spouses, earning money for hiring a flat, than buying a detached house - all these make you closer, I mean gaining your wealth together, getting experienced. at the end of life you will say that you walked it all through hand in hand, through thick and thin :wink:

this is just exactly what I'm talking about :) the same feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!
LAUGH, AND THE WORLD LAUGHS WITH YOU; WEEP, AND YOU WEEP ALONE

User avatar
sure
Silver Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:31 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby sure » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:59 am

Yes.
Hold on!

User avatar
Snowy*
Silver Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:18 am

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby Snowy* » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:25 am

Right now I am not even think about marriage..

I think it will be a big mistake if I married now …

First, I would like to achieve all my dreams …. Graduate, find good job,travel around the world, maybe I want to be famous and lastly living in peace without any responsibility,,,


After that I might think about marriage!!

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby illusion » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:38 pm

Snowy* wrote:Right now I am not even think about marriage..

I think it will be a big mistake if I married now …

First, I would like to achieve all my dreams …. Graduate, find good job,travel around the world, maybe I want to be famous and lastly living in peace without any responsibility,,,


After that I might think about marriage!!


I so know what you mean. For me marriage is such an advanced state of life that in order to achieve it, you should provide yourself with such stuff like job, house, career and so on. It's important to be know that marriage means a new family, new home and also raising children. I guess without having a successful career it would be hard to buy a home and make a living especially with kids. Now my two friends are getting married. Both are 23(they're studying) and they're sure they're doing the right thing. I'm not saying they're not but if it was me, I just couldn't get married if I knew that I had no job to get money to buy a home with my future husband. I think settling down is good if we have means to do it. Marriages shouldn't be happening in a rush. I think that I still have to achieve some things before I get married, at least that' how I picture it.

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby Dixie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:44 pm

illusion wrote:
I so know what you mean. For me marriage is such an advanced state of life that in order to achieve it, you should provide yourself with such stuff like job, house, career and so on. It's important to be know that marriage means a new family, new home and also raising children. I guess without having a successful career it would be hard to buy a home and make a living especially with kids. Now my two friends are getting married. Both are 23(they're studying) and they're sure they're doing the right thing. I'm not saying they're not but if it was me, I just couldn't get married if I knew that I had no job to get money to buy a home with my future husband. I think settling down is good if we have means to do it. Marriages shouldn't be happening in a rush. I think that I still have to achieve some things before I get married, at least that' how I picture it.


Exactly! I think so too. That's why I waited for so long (at last it seems long to me) after getting my degree. I'm not getting married yet, though, just moving in together (for now). We both wanted to have a stable job before doing anything. We realize living on our own is no piece of cake, especially when it comes to economy.

I, too, have friends who are already married and even with children. I don't see the rush, honestly. We are young, and there are some things I want to achieve in life before I get married.

User avatar
Lovelymaiden
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:26 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby Lovelymaiden » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:12 am

I do not think marry is a happy life. I really do not want. What I desire is a comfortable and free life.
After getting married, you will have a lot things to take care, and you will depend on your mate and children.What happen if you realize that your mate is not like you believe, you love, you expect...The would be many thing that make you feel tired, angry and sad.You may become cruel to them(include your mate and th kids). Just one more reason,I think there is extremely rare perfect person but what I want is a perfect one.

User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Contact:

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby Vega » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:10 am

I don't want marry...I completely indifferent for relationships.

nancywu
Silver Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:22 am
Status: Other

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby nancywu » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:29 pm

i am in contrdiction about marriage, want marriange but afriend of the responsibilities followed.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby MissLT » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Dixie wrote:
I, too, have friends who are already married and even with children. I don't see the rush, honestly. We are young, and there are some things I want to achieve in life before I get married.

Do them fast before you reach your 30's.

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby Dixie » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:25 am

LennyeTran wrote:Do them fast before you reach your 30's.


Why? Will I be too old? :D

Anyway I think 32-33 is a good age to have a child. We'll see, though :mrgreen:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby MissLT » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:48 am

It's risky to have kids around that age although my mom had me when she was 30 and 36 when she gave birth to my brother. My aunt had my cousin when she was 44. There are some exceptions, yet in general, it's better to have kids when you're in your 20's. So why don't you make some for Christ's sake!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby Dixie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:47 am

LennyeTran wrote:It's risky to have kids around that age although my mom had me when she was 30 and 36 when she gave birth to my brother. My aunt had my cousin when she was 44. There are some exceptions, yet in general, it's better to have kids when you're in your 20's. So why don't you make some for Christ's sake!!! :mrgreen:


Well, here people normally have kids in their early 30s, since they both study and work and it's hard.

User avatar
louiehu
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:35 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Would you like to marry ?

Postby louiehu » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:01 am

I am a married guy.Marriage taken merriment and grief. :|
Lucky prince-----Louie


Return to “Ideas and Opinions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests