THE CLEVER SNAIL

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

JEROME

THE CLEVER SNAIL

Post by JEROME »

There was once a weakling snail who wanted to become famous. One day, the snail heard about the turtle who boasted his winning over the rabbit in a race. For him to become famous, he thought of challenging the boastful turtle in a race too!
He asked for permission from the turtle and the turtle said to him, “You tiny, weakling, and slow snail, you want to beat me in a race? Ha! Ha! I can beat you even if I walk!” But the snail answered bravely, “You big and boastful turtle, let’s just race! Even if I’m slow, I know I can beat you! We will do it on the river bank tomorrow morning. You will walk on the sand while I will walk in the water.” The turtle agreed and so the race was finally scheduled the next morning. On that same night, the snail searched for his friends who looked a lot like him. He presented a clever plan that only they knew.
Early the next morning, when the race was about to start, the five snail’s friends that looked like the racing snail, went to their places as planned. The first snail positioned himself at the starting line; the second snail was at five feet in front of the first; the third snail at the middle of the line; the fourth snail was at another five feet in front of the third; and lastly, the weakling snail, positioned himself at the finish line, waiting.
When the race started, the turtle ran really fast, and he shouted to the snail walking in the water behind him, “You are so slow! Ha! Ha! Ha!” When the turtle was about five feet from the starting line, he was surprised that the snail, that was behind him just a while ago, was already ahead of him! He ran even faster and left the snail once again behind him. However, he was startled that the snail was ahead of him again! He ran as fast as he could but the snail was always ahead of him even if he was leaving it behind him every time. When the turtle was near the finish line, he saw the snail walking just inches before the finish line! He became so furious. He ran so fast in the hope of winning the race that he became exhausted. It was too late for him because the snail was already standing on the finish line. The boastful turtle died even before reaching the finish line.
The weakling snail won against the boastful turtle because of his clever plan. He became famous after all.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: THE CLEVER SNAIL

Post by Bambang »

JEROME wrote:There was once a weakling snail who wanted to become famous. One day, the snail heard about the turtle who boasted his winning over the rabbit in a race. For him to become famous, he thought of challenging the boastful turtle in a race too!
He asked for permission from the turtle and the turtle said to him, “You tiny, weakling, and slow snail, you want to beat me in a race? Ha! Ha! I can beat you even if I walk!” But the snail answered bravely, “You big and boastful turtle, let’s just race! Even if I’m slow, I know I can beat you! We will do it on the river bank tomorrow morning. You will walk on the sand while I will walk in the water.” The turtle agreed and so the race was finally scheduled the next morning. On that same night, the snail searched for his friends who looked a lot like him. He presented a clever plan that only they knew.
Early the next morning, when the race was about to start, the five snail’s friends that looked like the racing snail, went to their places as planned. The first snail positioned himself at the starting line; the second snail was at five feet in front of the first; the third snail at the middle of the line; the fourth snail was at another five feet in front of the third; and lastly, the weakling snail, positioned himself at the finish line, waiting.
When the race started, the turtle ran really fast, and he shouted to the snail walking in the water behind him, “You are so slow! Ha! Ha! Ha!” When the turtle was about five feet from the starting line, he was surprised that the snail, that was behind him just a while ago, was already ahead of him! He ran even faster and left the snail once again behind him. However, he was startled that the snail was ahead of him again! He ran as fast as he could but the snail was always ahead of him even if he was leaving it behind him every time. When the turtle was near the finish line, he saw the snail walking just inches before the finish line! He became so furious. He ran so fast in the hope of winning the race that he became exhausted. It was too late for him because the snail was already standing on the finish line. The boastful turtle died even before reaching the finish line.
The weakling snail won against the boastful turtle because of his clever plan. He became famous after all.
Well written.
Keep posting.
We're all friends, right?
JEROME

Post by JEROME »

friends, indeed! thanks..
mybikiny

Post by mybikiny »

Nice story, every sentences are simple and easy to understand :P
shakespear
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shakespear »

IT`S A NEW IDEA AND I THINK IT`S BEAUTIFUL. I HOPE A GOOD LUCK FOR YOU . THANKS .
our life is like a night mare