Chili Sauce Crab from Indonesia

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

aprodianne

Chili Sauce Crab from Indonesia

Post by aprodianne »

Hello...

Two weeks ago I visited MEDAN, located at North Sumatera in INDONESIA. When I was there, I had a chance to taste the local cuisine, one of them is CHILI SAUCE CRAB. I took a picture of it and I attach it in this thread so that all of you can imagine how spicy and delicious it was. so yummyyy...

Have anyone ever tasted that kind of food?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Chili Sauce Crab from Indonesia

Post by sweets »

it seem
hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot :mrgreen:

i like it :D

cheeeeeeeeers
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
aprodianne

Post by aprodianne »

yes, it's really hot, but so delicious...
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

aprodianne wrote:Hello...

Two weeks ago I visited MEDAN, located at North Sumatera in INDONESIA. When I was there, I had a chance to taste the local cuisine, one of them is CHILI SAUCE CRAB. I took a picture of it and I attach it in this thread so that all of you can imagine how spicy and delicious it was. so yummyyy...

Have anyone ever tasted that kind of food?
What's the name of that resto?
We're all friends, right?
aprodianne

Post by aprodianne »

It is Marco Seafood. I also took a picture of its name :lol: Here it is:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

aprodianne wrote:It is Marco Seafood...
I think that place is quite far huh? (Honestly I have not heard the place!)
Can't you share the recipe for those who want it. (But not for me, I don't eat crab. Sorry!)
esl member since 2007
aprodianne

Post by aprodianne »

Krisi wrote:I think that place is quite far huh? (Honestly I have not heard the place!)
Can't you share the recipe for those who want it. (But not for me, I don't eat crab. Sorry!)
Actually, where are you, Krisi?

The place is quite far from Jakarta. It takes about 2 hours by plane. As I mentioned above, it is in Medan, capital of North Sumatera, one of provinces in Indonesia and known as one of the big cities in Indonesia. In that province you will find the famous & beautiful lake named: TOBA LAKE (Danau Toba in Indonesian language). If you are not in Indonesia, you have to go there someday because in that place you will find so many interested & good tasty foods & also beautiful view. I took Toba lake picture also :lol: .

About the recipe, actually, I can't cook so I don't know that recipe :oops: . I just want to eat the food, not cook :lol: . Perhaps others know the recipe? please share :lol:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

aprodianne wrote:
Krisi wrote:I think that place is quite far huh? (Honestly I have not heard the place!)

The place is quite far from Jakarta. It takes about 2 hours by plane. As I mentioned above, it is in Medan, capital of North Sumatera, one of provinces in Indonesia and known as one of the big cities in Indonesia. In that province you will find the famous & beautiful lake named: TOBA LAKE (Danau Toba in Indonesian language). If you are not in Indonesia, you have to go there someday because in that place you will find so many interested & good tasty foods & also beautiful view. I took Toba lake picture also :lol: .

About the recipe, actually, I can't cook so I don't know that recipe :oops: . I just want to eat the food, not cook :lol: . Perhaps others know the recipe? please share :lol:
I have to be honest and fair to you... That place is really wonderful! I do hope to see the place one day! :) But, :roll: I have to consider the expenses as well... Travelling is not a joke... all the excitement will disappear with an empty stomach... :)
esl member since 2007
aprodianne

Post by aprodianne »

Krisi wrote:I have to be honest and fair to you... That place is really wonderful! I do hope to see the place one day! :) But, :roll: I have to consider the expenses as well... Travelling is not a joke... all the excitement will disappear with an empty stomach... :)
Yes, it's really wonderful. It was my first time to go there and I was very exciting when I saw that place. I took the Toba lake picture in the area called BRASTAGI. At that time, I didn't get down to the lake because it will take another 3 hours from Brastagi. I think Brastagi is the peak area in Medan, so it's cold there. In Brastagi, we can also see the waterfall.

By the way, you haven't told me where your location is.
Last edited by aprodianne on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

aprodianne wrote:
Krisi wrote:I have to be honest and fair to you... That place is really wonderful! I do hope to see the place one day! :) But, :roll: I have to consider the expenses as well... Travelling is not a joke... all the excitement will disappear with an empty stomach... :)
Yes, it's really wonderful. It was my first time to go there and I was very exciting when I saw that place. I took the Toba lake picture in the area called BRASTAGI. At that time, I didn't get down to the lake because it will take another 3 hours from Brastagi. I think Brastagi is the peak area in Medan, so it's cold there. In Brastagi, we can also see the waterfall. Here it is the picture.

By the way, you haven't told me where your location is.
:lol: You're post is getting a little too funny... We're here for food and drinks but, seems to me you're already promoting or advertising your place at a wrong forum. Anyway, thanks for the view... I think it's better if you go to travel and adventure forum... I'm here for the food... :)

I'm just so sad you can't cook... :(

About my place, I'm far from you... so I have to think of the cost before travelling... It's no joke really! I'm more satisfied on simple things I can afford... :)
esl member since 2007
aprodianne

Post by aprodianne »

Krisi wrote::lol: You're post is getting a little too funny... We're here for food and drinks but, seems to me you're already promoting or advertising your place at a wrong forum. Anyway, thanks for the view... I think it's better if you go to travel and adventure forum... I'm here for the food... :)

About my place, I'm far from you...
Ya... I feel it, too... so sorry... perhaps I have to delete that pictures. I'm here for food also.

Oke... back to the topic...
Ya, I can't cook, but since few months ago I tried to cook, assisted by maid :lol: . Especially for crab, I can't cook itu since I think it will so much complicated when we cook it.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

aprodianne wrote:
Krisi wrote: :lol: You're post is getting a little too funny... We're here for food and drinks but, seems to me you're already promoting or advertising your place at a wrong forum. Anyway, thanks for the view... I think it's better if you go to travel and adventure forum... I'm here for the food... :)

About my place, I'm far from you... so, I have to think of the cost before travelling... It's no joke really! I'm more satisfied on simple things I can afford... :)
Ya... I feel it, too... so sorry... perhaps I have to delete that pictures. I'm here for food also.

Oke... back to the topic...
Ya, I can't cook, but since few months ago I tried to cook, assisted by maid :lol: . Especially for crab, I can't cook itu since I think it will so much complicated when we cook it.
Goodluck to you and your maid!!! My case, I was sent by my parents in cooking (baking) school when I was 11 years old and the school where I graduated in elementary & high school offered cooking lessons too... it was fun really. Enjoy!
esl member since 2007
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

aprodianne wrote:

I used to swim at Danau Toba when I was younger.

One more thing, if I am not mistaken Krisi is Arroyo's niece. :lol:
We're all friends, right?
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Bambang wrote:
aprodianne wrote:

I used to swim at Danau Toba when I was younger.

One more thing, if I am not mistaken Krisi is Arroyo's niece. :lol:
:roll: I don't know to you? You don't know what to say all of a sudden!!! :roll:
esl member since 2007
louiehu

Post by louiehu »

It's seem to chinese food .It must be delicious.I like it .wow :P
Lucky prince-----Louie
aprodianne

Post by aprodianne »

louiehu wrote:It's seem to chinese food .It must be delicious.I like it .wow :P
hi louiehu, i don't know whether it is chinese food or not, I had it in a seafood restaurant for sure. yes... it's so delicious, luv it very much :)
simar

Post by simar »

Ohhh thats interesting, i would like to know more about your country for example: food, culture, etc. Please reply me so we can know more about each country im from Costa Rica and here the kinds of meals are very very interesting.