Better safe than sorry. Do YOU agree?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Better safe than sorry. Do YOU agree?

Post by TalkingPoint »

"It is always better to be safe than sorry." Do YOU agree?
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Better safe than sorry. Do YOU agree?

Post by sweets »

well
i agree with this but some deciduouses should be taken in same moment.

cheeeeeeeeeeers
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
shes

Post by shes »

if every thing can be safe, it is very beautiful. but many things were unavailable,which means you can not predict. it is very difficult that we do very thing are safe.
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweets »

shes
what a beautiful thought to live in safe and peace :D but can we really have it and u daily hear about killing and shooting and dead :( it's too hard :cry:
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Hi all!

As I get the point it´s not the question how you feel rather than how you behave. Means, you mightn´t act in a way you later feel needed to appologize for.

Hm...! I think, one not always can think as silly as it may happen and, additional, what currently might be right possibly a few moments later can be wrong. So, there often one (at least I, have) acted on certain isues they( I) later considered it having done the wrong way. But what is the matter with it? You never can return to that special point of time, can you?

In this sense, I try to behave friendly (as often as I can.. a saying sounds we reap what we saw) and not to hurt anyone and feel fine with.

Regards

miouw
ibao

Post by ibao »

I think we always do something in a safe way. Because when we do our things, it do hide many risk in it. For instance, when you want make a report on the stage, you should be preview your content and prepare what you’ll say to your listener, or you may cause you in a embarrassed situation and make everyone in bad mood and you may be a loser on it. So I agree with the title.
ibao

Post by ibao »

I think we always do something in a safe way. Because when we do our things, it do hide many risk in it. For instance, when you want make a report on the stage, you should be preview your content and prepare what you’ll say to your listener, or you may cause you in a embarrassed situation and make everyone in bad mood and you may be a loser on it. So I agree with the title.
ibao

Post by ibao »

What is better safe than sorry mean? This idiom is used to recommend being cautious rather than taking a risk.

I think we always do something in a safe way. Because we do our things, it does hide many risks in it. For instance, when you want to make a report on the stage, you should preview your content and prepare what you’ll say to your listener, or you may cause you in an embarrassed situation and make everyone in bad mood and you may be a loser on it.
In brief, we need to ensure what we proceed to have no danger or risk, so this is the result what we want to get finally. So I agree with this sentence that Better safe than sorry.
Dango

Post by Dango »

Hmm... Actually I'm agree with that saying. But there is a small nicety :-) So, here is my thought.
Being safe - means to be quiet for yourself and your close people. Sometimes we consider such condition for a usual fact, but when a danger reaches us we start to lose control. Our sacred world was invaded by such feelings as: uneasiness, non-confidence, fear, shame, despair... So here comes a question. It is better to feel always safe? Or it is better to be risky? Risk means - inconstancy. This minute - you're safe and happy {-: , and the next one - you're a total loser }: . It is such a controversial theme, but I can give you very impressive argument, that being always safe, a person risks to become lonely and unhappy. Have you ever read "Man in a Case" by Anton Chekhov? Or have you even heard bout that book? If not, i 'll explain. This story is about a person who was always aware of everything. Every minute he predicted different troubles. Oh, no, he wasn't a fortune-teller but a simple yellow dog :-D Every day he wore a long coat (if winter come too early), rubber gloves (if a heavy disease erupt in the city), high boots and even hat O_o even if it were too hot on the streets. Also he had an umbrella in his hands, in case if it's raining. As you can guess, nobody loved him. Who can like a person, who always prophesies troubles and can never be calm. He didn't enjoy his life. He never smiled. He didn't knew the main values of life. So, I don't try to convince you that we should be too foolhardy. Just be risky but not reckless. Try everything, be curious, but never forget bout the consequences. Don't be an egoist! And surely remember a MAN IN CASE {-; . Being a little bit careless - is good {-: And that's my opinion :-D
adin

Post by adin »

Agree with a condition. as long as it doesn't hurt the two sides.
raspberry

Post by raspberry »

Hi guys! {-: {-: {-: i want to share you with my opinion in order to make some kind of cleaning in your confused head! Our life embodies itself the period of risks! don't you notice that? i can call risk as an excitement! you'll probably agree with me that when you pass the exam, when you want to get a job and wait for results of your resume, when you take part in a competition or you make a speech for the big audience! i think we face this condition of excitement and risk and maybe sometimes we burst out saying "damn" or "hell" inside of us! but it's ok! it's a big challenge and if we are always afraid and scared, we can't move forward and overcome our fears! but everytime we do it succesfully...we feel like we've conquered the Everest..and we are full of determination to take the challenge higher! it's what we need! the confidence! it gives us confidence and belief!
Anyway we learn something, if we lose...it's ok! Taking risks is like: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise...so this is life! next time we'll be a bit wiser and undoubtedly make a progress!
"A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are for". ~John A. Shedd, Salt from My Attic! Make the conclusions,guys!!!!! :-P :-P
remember that!!!
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

Totally agreed. Better safe than sorry/ 8-)