Knee injury :(

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

tron

Knee injury :(

Post by tron »

I had a motorcycle accident 2 weeks ago, my knee was hit and it was very wobbly so I had my leg bandaged, I thought that maybe it was not grave and I could be out and about in 1 month or so, now the doctors have examined the results of the magnetic resonance and yesterday told me that I have a rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament, and they will operate me in mid April. Now it seems that the recuperation period is going to be very long, 6 months easily, but what I'm thinking about is the consequences, I've been reading on Internet and some people say that the knee won't be the same again, that they have pains in rainy weather, etc. I'd like that somebody here with experience with this lesion can comment about how's life after the operation, I'm pshyched about not doing sport anymore, but I'd like to hear about others. Well they say it's not moral to be happy about the disgrace of others, but I think it helps knowing that others suffered through all of this.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Knee injury :(

Post by Dixie »

I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know anyone with that kind of injury but just wanted to cheer you up and to tell you that you are lucky to be alive. My sister-in-law's boyfriend just died in a bike accident two days ago in València.
tron

Post by tron »

Dixie wrote:I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know anyone with that kind of injury but just wanted to cheer you up and to tell you that you are lucky to be alive. My sister-in-law's boyfriend just died in a bike accident two days ago in València.
I'm sorry for the boy and your sister-in-law, i suppose I should be fortunate that mine is not a life threatening injury.
You know suddenly I've gotten apprehension towards motorbikes, but I've been riding for 7 years and had a lot of falls, but never had anything serious. But maybe is time for me to start using public transportation as the mayor is always saying :) is cleaner for the city and maybe healthier for me.
Or maybe I'll use the bike lanes that seem to be all the rage lately in BCN.
On the up side is that I'll have a lot of time for Internet and reading, but then I know rehabilitation is hard as hell, I'll have to exercise the leg a lot, and not accelerate the process or it won't fix adequately. I hope y'all people take care and not get involved in this type of lesion, because it's a bummer dragging the crutches around all day long!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know anyone with that kind of injury but just wanted to cheer you up and to tell you that you are lucky to be alive. My sister-in-law's boyfriend just died in a bike accident two days ago in València.
Sorry to hear that, Dixie. Please send my condolences to the poor girl. Now this is off-topic, but your sister-in-law had a boyfriend? Your sister-in-law is your brother's wife, right? She had a boyfriend, so does this mean she's not your in-law anymore although you consider her as one? :?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Hi Lennye,

Sorry to use that euphemism, she was not my sister-in-law because there is no marriage. Sorry for the misunderstanding. It is Jordi's sister. I saw her last night, she was devastated.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

tron wrote:I had a motorcycle accident 2 weeks ago, my knee was hit and it was very wobbly so I had my leg bandaged, I thought that maybe it was not grave and I could be out and about in 1 month or so, now the doctors have examined the results of the magnetic resonance and yesterday told me that I have a rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament, and they will operate me in mid April. Now it seems that the recuperation period is going to be very long, 6 months easily, but what I'm thinking about is the consequences, I've been reading on Internet and some people say that the knee won't be the same again, that they have pains in rainy weather, etc. I'd like that somebody here with experience with this lesion can comment about how's life after the operation, I'm pshyched about not doing sport anymore, but I'd like to hear about others. Well they say it's not moral to be happy about the disgrace of others, but I think it helps knowing that others suffered through all of this.
Hope everything will be just fine.
We're all friends, right?
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

Sorry to hear and Glad that you are safe and sound