THE WAY BALLOON FLY...

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

THE WAY BALLOON FLY...

Post by denvinbo »

Chapter 1:

Dieu Thien was shy, she walk behind the school-master into the class 7B. Top tuft of hair winded round her ear wanted to burst, in front of thousands of eyes were looking her, she felt she was superfluous. With her brown coat, there's some look mischievously and worthy to hate. The head-master signed the class to sit down:
- Student, this beginning of the 2nd term, I want to introduce a new member to our class. Her name is Dieu Thien from Chu Van An school move to here. I want you to treat her friendly and solemnly. Do you agree?
- Yes, sir!
The math teacher said:
- Prefect, you arrange for her a seat, hurry up, we have to do the practical exercises now.
All the class was in commotion:
- Hai Bang absented, teacher!
- So, where's Huong Giang?
Huong Giang arranged for Dieu Thien the last table in the corner of the class, with 2 boys. The class continued. 2 boys gathered to the corner of the table. The remain part, Dieu Thien had a large space to sit. She took out a notebook and wrote the exercise's title.
- Hey, she covered her notebook with black newspaper. Looks harsh!
- Hah... She's a pagoda warden...
- A pagoda warden want to study, that's strange...
Dieu Thien felt her eyes were hot. She winked her eyes and nearly to cry. But not, why she have to cry! the major thing was studying well, Ms. Dieu Hoa had said that. Ignoring the teaser. Studying well might be had consideration...
- Beside these 2 solution, does anybody have an other one?
Dieu Thien barked her pen and look the the board. Waiting. A minute. 2 minutes. 3 minutes. No hand raised, she go to the board in shy. The class whispered something bad again. Dieu Thien wrote with fear...

To be continued.... {-;
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: THE WAY BALLOON FLY...

Post by Krisi »

It's not easy to be the new kid in school... :-(

What's next Denvinbo. :-)

Thanks.
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

- Thank you, please turn back to your seat!
Teacher explained to the class that Dieu Thien's solution also right but a little long. She wrote 8 points for Dieu Thien and directed the class the most correct and fastest solution. Dieu Thien was calm, she sat silently and barked her finger, thought about the new exercise solution.
- Hey, pagoda warden, can you give me your ruler?
She pretended like she heard nothing. And began writing and writing. Class anded, students rushed out like a herd of bees. The 2 neighbor boys pretended hitting each other and hit Dieu Thien. She fell at the table corner, tore a piece of back skin. She stood up and cry.
- Why do you cry?
I thought it was Buldda, but it was head-master. He took my hand and brought me to the gate. He said: "Everything always start with difficultes". Dieu Thien answered:
- Dear teacher, I have prepared for this beginning for long time. But they always want to tease me. What would I do now?
- Friendly with them. At your pagoda, you have learn to eliminate many things, even "tham, san, si", right? And you need forbearance and sufferance.
Good bye teacher, Dieu Thien felt a little easy. She walked along the flamboyant lines aside the street. She wish she could grow up rapidly to go to university. One time, she went with Ms. Dieu Hoa into an university. In there, Ms. Dieu Hoa was also shaven and with brown coat like Dieu Thien. But they're all adults, they all knew, everybody was friendly and didn't tease her. That was the reason why Dieu Thien liked talking with adults. Such as school head-master....
Wind blew gently, but it was enough to make the yellow flamboyant leaves flew. It was like small raindrops. Dieu Thien called them with a very kute name: "Yellow Raindrops"...

To be continued...... ;-)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Chapter 2

- Ba Tam, did nun scold you again?
Ba Tam was sitting on the pillow at the cold bed, the dim oil lamp's light splashed her shadow on the wall. Hearing Dieu Thien asked, she immediately turned round to the door and pulled Dieu Thien into her sole:
- Damn, why you talk so loudly! If nun heard that, you and me would have problems.
Dieu Thien embraced ba Tam neck, she pressed her check against ba Tam's chest:
- Nun is studying Bible, so she can't hear anything. I also know why you are scold, you bought bad tee and it has no taste, right?
- Yes...
- Thats strange. Nun has entered Buddhism, but she also want to drink good tea.
Ba Tam covered Dieu Thien'm mouth:
- Stop. Don't say that things again. And tell me how many friends you've got when yo study in the new school?
- "Under than little". It's like Chu Van An school, they tease me "pagoda warden".
Ba Tam rubbed her head:
- Ignoring them. You have to study well. If you still want to change school this time, nun will never let you go to school.
Dieu Thien pouted her lips like an adult:
- Studying to stay forever in pagoda. I don't like that.
- You can't say that, nun has nurtured, taught you and let you go to school. Even you said to her that you study Bible very fast.
- Uh....Its rhythm and tune sound a little interesting, so it's easy... But.... Do you have backache? Let me massage for you!
- Dog (lovely), you still say that words... Uhm....Taking me some "hit", working all day, I felt tired...
When Thien massaged for ba Tam, she wished chores things. She thought if ba Tam's daughter hadn't left her alone to have business faraway, Dieu Thien would have gone with ba Tam, and been a member of her family. At that time, Thien didn't have to wear brown pagoda coat. Thien wishes nun was kind and knew much about kids like Fairy in folktales. Nun would not forbid Thien's thirst for knowledge. The things that mom could allow Thien to do... Nun said that don't think about the life because it made bad reputation for Buddhism. Thien didn't understand the bad reputation nun said. Yesterday, Thien told her literature teacher about the oil lamp in ba Tam's room. She said nun wasn't right. Ba Tam usually made mistake, she pitched wrong socket had higher electric potential and burned the tube, and nun forced her to use oil lamp....

To be continued....... ;-)
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

- Thien, are you sleeping?
- Eh...Ms.Dieu Hoa. I...am.. not sleeping.
Dieu Hoa - a nun aged about 30 with kind mother face walked into ba Tam's room. Sometimes, Dieu Thien called her mother, Hoa mother. But she scolded, because we already took refuge so there was only teacher and disciple. Dieu Thien argued: "But I don't take refuge". She smile: "No taking refuge, why you are here, studying Bible and eating Buddhism rice?". Thien spontaneously: "Because mom left me in pagoda, so I have to wear pagoda coat". Ms.Dieu Hoa indicated her finger to Thien's domed forehead: "But in pagoda, don't talk about life". Dieu Thien encroached another step: "Ms.Dieu Hoa, you also have mother like me, right?". Ms.Dieu Hoa didn't smile, she pulled Thien into her sole: "OK, so I will be your mother in few minutes to make you happy...." so, those 2 stayed together all day.
- Thien!
- Yes.
- Do you massage for ba Tam for long time?
- Ba Tam sleeps, do you see?
- OK, stop, Nun want to talk with you.
Dieu Thien palpitated:
- What happened, Ms.Dieu Hoa?
- In the evening, did you tell your teacher about the oil lamp in ba Tam's room?
- Yes.
Ms.Dieu Hoa raised Thien's chin up:
- Why are you so stupid?
- I said yesterday my teacher....
- No, That make nun angry. Now, you go to meet nun, try to....
Dieu Thien hastily hanged the mosquito-net for ba Tam then go with Ms.Dieu Hoa to meet nun. Nun was preparing for the evening Bible. Dieu Thien armed and honored:
- Nun call me.
Nun strict:
- I told you not to bring pagoda's stories to tell the outsider. They don't totally understand our stories.
- But nun, I....
Ms.Dieu Hoa pressed Thien's small hand:
- No defendant, you have to listen to nun.
Nun kept silent and walk deliberately to shrine. And Ms.Dieu Hoa started her responsibility for evening Bible. And Dieu Thien also did her works. She understood that she told her teacher about the oil lamp was not wrong, if there was a nun in pagoda, she needed a teacher in school. She knew that Ms.Dieu Hoa understood but "OK, stop here". Mom always said rightly and fairly...
The bell was vibrated, the rhythm dissolved to the quiet space, Thien started readng Bible loudly and unceasingly...

To be continued.... ;-)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

This is very very long... could you just give me a summary Denvinbo. :-(
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Krisi wrote:This is very very long... could you just give me a summary Denvinbo. :-(
I'm in the middle of it......... :-(