We should help the poor in our own country first...

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

We should help the poor in our own country first...

Post by TalkingPoint »

We should help the poor in our own country before sending aid to other countries.

Do YOU agree?
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: We should help the poor in our own country first...

Post by Krisi »

It depends.
esl member since 2007
jrkp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jrkp »

Krisi wrote:It depends.
of what?... would you mind being more specific please?
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

If you help you always help. If your aid is sincere it doesn't matter where he/she lives in.
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweets »

well
i think we should help poor in our homeland first but if there is a need to poor outside we should help them
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

jrkp wrote:
Do you rejoice to see other people's sufferings?

Is there no more goodness left in everyone's heart that the word help has lost its real meaning?

This is just my own personal opinion... it could be different from how you and others look at it.

In addition to this, help and aid has a very thin difference. Both (help & aid) can be in financial/material form or a service.

An aid is given because there is a need for it, so it doesn't really matter whether the country who's helping is rich or not... A country in need can't choose of course the country that wants to help her. They should be thankful instead...

Help comes more naturally. (Almost, always taken for granted.) There is a help existing between an employer and employee, employee and employer, employee to employee, within the family, among friends, neighbors, fellowmen/citizen... I think this is more like our duty to each one... and can be compared to planting a good seed... (As an old adage goes: "sow good seeds and you'll get good harvest.")... For me this act of helping is not an aid but more of a duty of a responsible citizen.

A help given to the poor people in your own country which is the help from its own citizen is a must that's why I find it tantamount to duty. Not everyone I'm quite sure is happy in doing this... but to some it is still pure and sincere.

If the help you give is coming from the heart you will not feel the bitterness of giving it. You will find joy in giving instead. :-)

How about you jrkp, what's your opinion on this?
esl member since 2007
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:
jrkp wrote:
Do you rejoice to see other people's sufferings?

Is there no more goodness left in everyone's heart that the word help has lost its real meaning?

This is just my own personal opinion... it could be different from how you and others look at it.

In addition to this, help and aid has a very thin difference. Both (help & aid) can be in financial/material form or a service.

An aid is given because there is a need for it, so it doesn't really matter whether the country who's helping is rich or not... A country in need can't choose of course the country that wants to help her. They should be thankful instead...

Help comes more naturally. (Almost, always taken for granted.) There is a help existing between an employer and employee, employee and employer, employee to employee, within the family, among friends, neighbors, fellowmen/citizen... I think this is more like our duty to each one... and can be compared to planting a good seed... (As an old adage goes: "sow good seeds and you'll get good harvest.")... For me this act of helping is not an aid but more of a duty of a responsible citizen.

A help given to the poor people in your own country which is the help from its own citizen is a must that's why I find it tantamount to duty. Not everyone I'm quite sure is happy in doing this... but to some it is still pure and sincere.

If the help you give is coming from the heart you will not feel the bitterness of giving it. You will find joy in giving instead. :-)

How about you jrkp, what's your opinion on this?
jrkp, may I hear your side. Please. :-)
Last edited by Krisi on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
esl member since 2007
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Both, simultanously.
We're all friends, right?
donis
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by donis »

in my opinion ;
most important stop the reasons for poorness!! for shorttherm that can help give money,food or something to poor people or poor country. Ok how long time ??? if this help demand will not stop that is mean have realy big problem for future of world.So need to think for long therm prevent the poorness of countries...
kangpossible

Post by kangpossible »

Many families with low incomes have breadwinners who are elderly, single parents, or aborigines. Some of them have been unemployed for quite a while. I think the best way to help them is to increase job and educational opportunities.
Sandrine

Post by Sandrine »

kangpossible wrote: Some of them have been unemployed for quite a while. I think the best way to help them is to increase job and educational opportunities.
Currently, almost every senior school student can go to universities. However, they couldn't find a job after they graduate. So do you think increasing educational opportunities is a good idea?
kangpossible

Post by kangpossible »

Sandrine wrote:
kangpossible wrote: Some of them have been unemployed for quite a while. I think the best way to help them is to increase job and educational opportunities.
Currently, almost every senior school student can go to universities. However, they couldn't find a job after they graduate. So do you think increasing educational opportunities is a good idea?
Of course, increasing educational opportunities is a good idea. As matters affairs stand, many students find themselves in a predicament of being unable to find jobs after graduation. There are so many university grads in Taiwan. It's not enough just to have a BA. I think we should continue our learning to recharge our batteries, learn a second professional skill. In this way, we can raise our competitiveness in the job market.