MISS UNIVERSE 2008

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

tsuonal

Miss Universe 2008

Post by tsuonal »

I have watched Miss Universe 2008 on TV. I had guessed Miss Venezuela will be Miss Universe 2008, then I am right :lol: People < viewers, staff, the judging panel> appreciates her. Her beauty and smiles makes me think she can get "Miss Universe".

And the report I took from the website http://www.missuniverse.com:
DAYANA MENDOZA
MISS UNIVERSE® 2008

This evening, during one of the year’s most exciting live international television events, a star-studded panel of judges chose Miss Venezuela, Dayana Mendoza, as MISS UNIVERSE® 2008 live from the Crown Convention Center in Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, Vietnam.

Ms. Mendoza is 22 years-old and her career ambition is to become an Interior Designer. She also enjoys photography and is interested in advertising

The judging panel for the 2008 Miss Universe Pageant included: Donald Trump Jr., Executive Vice President of the Trump Organization; fashion designer and entrepreneur Roberto Cavalli; Nadine Velazquez, international cover girl and star of NBCís "My Name Is Earl"; Jennifer Hawkins, television presenter and Miss Universe 2004; Louis Licari, celebrity colorist and "Today Show" ambush makeover expert; Joe Cinque, President of the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences; Bollywood film & TV star, dancer, model Eesha Koppikhar; Nguyen Cong Khe, Editor in Chief of Thanh Nien newspaper and international shoe designer Taryn Rose. Jerry Springer and Mel B hosted the telecast of the 57th Annual Miss Universe competition where Lady GaGa performed her hit "Just Dance".

Throughout the two-hour event, contestants from 80 countries and territories around the world competed in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and personality interview. Riyo Mori, Miss Universe 2007, crowned her successor at the conclusion of the two-hour primetime telecast, before an estimated worldwide viewing audience of more than 1 billion viewers.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Miss Universe 2008

Post by MissLT »

My sister hated her. I thought she was alright, but her final answer was a beating-around-the-bushes-to-be-safe answer, or as I thought, dumb, to me. Actually, all of their answers were dumb, which speaks volume about this type of contest. Personally, I have always wondered why we even have beauty pageants in the first place. Aren't those girls already being advantaged by being beautiful? They say, God doesn't like ugly. Some people apply it for the outside; some apply it for the inside. Whatever suits them. Unfortunately, we live in a superficial world where most people only look at the outside. Those girls have a better outside than some people. So the question is, why on Earth do we need to focus more on them and neglect others who are suffering with whatever problems they have in their lives? I was so pissed to hear the prizes she got. :roll:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Nice. :-)
esl member since 2007
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

I think that she is very pretty.The model from my country Kosova was the 10th.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Annaa wrote:I think that she is very pretty.The model from my country Kosova was the 10th.
Pretty faces are really everywhere... and lovely hearts too. :-)
esl member since 2007
shynijenny

Post by shynijenny »

The noble award of Miss Universe 2008 was won by Miss Venezuela Dayana Mendoza -22, is a 5-foot, 10-inch, green-eyed beauty with dynamic and confident characteristics who enjoys learning languages and photography. A modern beauty Mendoza, is an intelligent , grace, charm and an elegance girl .
robertflucther

Post by robertflucther »

The 22 year old Danyana from Venezuela is winning all hearts with her beauty and maturity. The learning habit from all incidents making her to crown this title. She learned how to calm under pressure when she was kidnapped once!!!! With that habit she is now kidnapping all hearts.

----------------------
robertflutcher
www.inspire-itsolutions.com
Vasili

Post by Vasili »

My sister hated her. I thought she was alright, but her final answer was a beating-around-the-bushes-to-be-safe answer, or as I thought, dumb, to me. Actually, all of their answers were dumb, which speaks volume about this type of contest. Personally, I have always wondered why we even have beauty pageants in the first place. Aren't those girls already being advantaged by being beautiful? They say, God doesn't like ugly. Some people apply it for the outside; some apply it for the inside. Whatever suits them. Unfortunately, we live in a superficial world where most people only look at the outside. Those girls have a better outside than some people. So the question is, why on Earth do we need to focus more on them and neglect others who are suffering with whatever problems they have in their lives? I was so pissed to hear the prizes she got.
Hello LennyeTran!

I'll answer your question! =) Do you like beautiful things? Do you like watching staggering movies? Do you like visiting museums and old palaces? Anyway, all over the world, through the whole history people like beautiful things: natural owe some sightseeing’s (waterfalls, seas, mountains), architectural buildings - The Freedom Statue, Winter Palace and etc. And the competition Miss Universe is just the same! Women are the one of the most beautiful things that God created. Don't you think so? But their beauty isn't immortal. Every year of their lifes they are getting older. Thus the Miss Universe is a competition to show all of us the most beautiful of them. And that is it.
:)
It would be so kind if you pointed out my mistakes in my posts. I would be so greatful to you!
sridha

Post by sridha »

Miss universe 2008 was crowned to Miss.Venezuela, Dayana. She is looking very beautiful. She is 22 years old. Her professional is modeling and interior designer. Her ambition is to become Miss universe. She achieved her goal at the year of 2008. She won the Best National Costume Award.

P.SRIDHA

[url=http://www.inspire_itsolution.com]viral markting[/url]
Last edited by sridha on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sridha

Post by sridha »

Miss universe 2008 was crowned to Miss.Venezuela, Dayana. She is looking very beautiful. She is 22 years old. Her professional is modeling and interior designer. Her ambition is to become Miss universe. She achieved her goal at the year of 2008. She won the Best National Costume Award.

P.SRIDHA
mikemathew

Post by mikemathew »

Dayana Mendoza is the beauty queen from Venezuela. She was so beautiful that she kidnapped every ones heart with a single sight. Her greenish eyes were so attractive that it can make any one unconscious in few seconds. Even though she struggled for the final question she managed to get the crown, which was the fifth crown to her country.

------------------------
Mikemathew
[url=http://www.inspire_itsolutions.com]Viral Marketing[/url]
Last edited by mikemathew on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikemathew

Post by mikemathew »

Dayana Mendoza is the beautiful woman on this earth. She is just twenty two years old, from Venezuela. The year 2008 started to make her happy, by giving her the Miss Universal title for the year 2008. The young boys started charting her name, and started to become mad on her. Dayana's eyes was admired by the selectors. She is intelligent, smart, active and good looking girl. Many young guys are waiting for her, including me.

----------------------------
mikemathew
viral marketing
mikemathew

Post by mikemathew »

Dayana Mendoza has won the Miss Universe title in 2008. She was born in Venezuela. She was so beautiful and charming girl. Her greenish eyes was so attractive which makes any one to be loved. She won this title only after her hardwork of 6 years. Her perfomamce were stunning to acheive this title.

-------------------------
mikemathew
viral marketting
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

:shock: Only one or two nights and the topic is 4 pages? Who are you guys? Are you requested to do this for your English class or something? :-?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Vasili wrote:
My sister hated her. I thought she was alright, but her final answer was a beating-around-the-bushes-to-be-safe answer, or as I thought, dumb, to me. Actually, all of their answers were dumb, which speaks volume about this type of contest. Personally, I have always wondered why we even have beauty pageants in the first place. Aren't those girls already being advantaged by being beautiful? They say, God doesn't like ugly. Some people apply it for the outside; some apply it for the inside. Whatever suits them. Unfortunately, we live in a superficial world where most people only look at the outside. Those girls have a better outside than some people. So the question is, why on Earth do we need to focus more on them and neglect others who are suffering with whatever problems they have in their lives? I was so pissed to hear the prizes she got.
Hello LennyeTran!

I'll answer your question! =) Do you like beautiful things? Do you like watching staggering movies? Do you like visiting museums and old palaces? Anyway, all over the world, through the whole history people like beautiful things: natural owe some sightseeing’s (waterfalls, seas, mountains), architectural buildings - The Freedom Statue, Winter Palace and etc. And the competition Miss Universe is just the same! Women are the one of the most beautiful things that God created. Don't you think so? But their beauty isn't immortal. Every year of their lifes they are getting older. Thus the Miss Universe is a competition to show all of us the most beautiful of them. And that is it.
:)
Yes, beauty will fade, but so as almost everything. Most things are impermanent on this planet called Earth. I can understand our appreciation for impermanent things while they're still around, yet I do not understand why we have to display them so boastfully. How would you feel if you were in a bad situation and people kept rubbing in your face how fortunate they were with their looks, education, wealth, etc.??? It would not be a very nice feeling to have, wouldn't it?

Just to be clear that I don't hate those girls for being beautiful, for they didn't choose to be beautiful or ugly at birth; they were born with the looks. I hate the prizes and the silly competition, though. It pains me to think there might be a scene that one homeless kid might be standing from outside a store to watch it on the TV inside and wondering why he/she cannot have the life those girls have. It's cruel to do this to kids or unlucky people.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

jeffthomson wrote:Miss Universe 2008 title won by Miss Venezuela Dayana Mendoza 22 years cute girl. This title was given for her beautiful face and her talents. In the interview round she had given brilliant answer " Men always go to the straight point while women choose another way. Women should do like man do as some are not daring to express their thought for many reasons".

--------------------------------------------------------

jeffthomson

viral marketing
:roll: You must be kidding me with this?!?!?!?! None of them really answered the questions. Her answer was imperceptive. I don't know where she got her answer from....

This is the whole thing,

Q: Do you believe men or women have it easier life and why?
A: Actually God made us to share and to have difference. But big difference between women and men doesn’t matter what the kind of life they live is that men think, they think that the faster way to go a point is go straight, women know that the faster way to go to a point is to go to the curve and fix another curves.

She should have ended at the kind of life they live, and it would have been an okay answer since who doesn't know the fastest way to go to a point is to go straight!??!?!??! But nooo, she believed women went around the curve before going to a point, which I think she implied that women are more stupid than men. It was a bad time for her to practice speaking her thoughts in English, I guess.
robertflucther

Post by robertflucther »

Dayana Mendoza from Venezuela won the Miss Universe 2008 title. Congrats to her. She is the professional model, with that experience and with her knowledge and beauty she is not only won the title. She is also won millions of hearts.

--------------
Robert
Social media marketing
shynijenny

I love dayana

Post by shynijenny »

Hi dayana likers :prof: ,
Dayana Sabrina Mendoza Moncada (born June 1, 1986 in Caracas, Venezuela) is a model, Miss Venezuela 2007 and Miss Universe 2008.She speaks Spanish, English, and Italian. Dayana beat 27 other candidates to win Miss Venezuela 2007 on September 13, 2007, and became only the second woman representing the Amazonas state to win
Mendoza has stated that she enjoys "design, photography, advertising and wave surfing.
I love Dayana Mendoza... :lol:
----------------------------------------------
shynijenny
social media marketing
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

I like her. I hope she comes to our country and meet her... 8-) 8-)
EricPine

Post by EricPine »

I see you're from Venezuela, feel proud then, she's very pretty and smart, and I believe that's a common characteristic among women from Venezuela
antonia

Post by antonia »

Beauty not only depends on the positive vibration it lot depends on the attitude of contestant and the level of competency they have at the end.
antonia

Post by antonia »

Venezuelaens be proud, once again one more Miss universe from your place. Really it is a land of beauty.

viralmarketing
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: MISS UNIVERSE 2008

Post by Oriani »

Finally, after 12 years we won The Miss Universe {-;