Is access to a real toilet is as important as food?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Is access to a real toilet is as important as food?

Post by TalkingPoint »

Having access to a real toilet is as important as having sufficient food to eat.

What do YOU think?
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Is access to a real toilet is as important as food?

Post by Hardi »

It sure is important to have a working toilet. What will be called a real toilet I'm not sure. For me the minimum requirement is a hole in ground to squat in fresh air. Well of course I would prefer a hi-tech Japanese toilet, just a hole in ground without roof and walls aren't pleasant in blizzard weather, but that will do too when there isn't anything better and it's in private unpopulated area.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Hardi wrote:It sure is important to have a working toilet. What will be called a real toilet I'm not sure. For me the minimum requirement is a hole in ground to squat in fresh air. Well of course I would prefer a hi-tech Japanese toilet, just a hole in ground without roof and walls aren't pleasant in blizzard weather, but that will do too when there isn't anything better and it's in private unpopulated area.
Beside pottying in a bush any other means of dumping is a real toilet, I guess. :lol: So, I guess, the answer is yes, it's very important. I cannot go in a bush. Shooooot, I can't even go number 2 using a public restroom. My friends called me weird because they said, "what's wrong with you? Everyone poops!" My answer: "In a public restroom? I'll pass!"
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

As for me, when I get the urge I´m not so choosy. But finally, also for the environment it´s definetely better if there is a hygienic place for a cleaner business, isn´t it? :-)
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Dumping into bushes is in most countries obviously illegal. Even when you're middle of huge forest where's no toilet nearby, it will be still considered as illegal dumping. Therefore I think you need a bag like those you use for dog poop in case when you gonna use a bush. :lol:
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Hardi wrote: Therefore I think you need a bag like those you use for dog poop in case when you gonna use a bush. :lol:
Really, you might toss the result of your doing away later, when there isn´t any game- or forest warden there. In addition to that, if the bag is made from plastic who should care? At least your poop don´t have have any influence on the environment,does it? ;-)
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

tomcat wrote:
Hardi wrote: Therefore I think you need a bag like those you use for dog poop in case when you gonna use a bush. :lol:
Really, you might toss the result of your doing away later, when there isn´t any game- or forest warden there. In addition to that, if the bag is made from plastic who should care? At least your poop don´t have have any influence on the environment,does it? ;-)
However modern dog's poop bags have made of cornstarch not plastic. Tossing plastic bags to forest isn't acceptable either. You have to carry it all the way to nearest... I don't know where it's allowed to dispose it. :mrgreen: Well I think if you dig a little hole instead of using bag, then it's fine too, but in winter when soil is frozen it would be troublesome too. And I'm not sure if there's some stupid law that disallow to do so. Surely it's not allowed to bury that kind of stuff where ever in huge amounts. You have to bring it to somewhere, some facility to dispose. So I guess an very enthusiastic forest warden might still shoot you into buttock. {-:

Anyway I believe accessing the real toilet can't be as important as food, as far as the lack of real toilet doesn't spoil environment... The real toilet's effect to environment I haven't examined of course yet. I guess if it's built of wood and composting the wastes is organised well, it doesn't have any negative effect.
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Hi Hardi,

agreed. Especially since the way to the next disposal facility might be quite long if one´s located midst the jungle. :roll:

So let´s replace nature to nature!!!! If there isn´t any forest warden, of course. :roll:
Tom

Post by Tom »

You can go to the bathroom anywhere, but you can't eat anything...
topcat

Post by topcat »

of course!!!! isn't that too obvious, you have to empty you stomach before you can continue eating. Besides, haven't you ever had that sensation that you REALLY need to go to the bathroom and there isn't one near you, and you REALLY need to go, and you can't find one, and you look and look, and in the meanwhile you feel it coming out, but when you FINALLY get to one, and you let the bear out of it's cave (jajaja), that you feel SO M UCH PLEASURE???? Well it's the same thing when you're starving, and you finally eat, you feel pleasure. YUP!! As the doctor says if you keep it you are screwed :shock:[/color]
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Tom wrote:You can go to the bathroom anywhere, but you can't eat anything...
I think some people would beg to differ. Have you seen bizarre foods with Andrew Zimmern on Travel channel? That hideous pig eats anything, and I mean ANYTHING. :roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

saslan wrote:Yes it is very important in point of the health, it must be comfortable. As far as the civilization is concerned, a real toilet shows countries are getting development.
Yeah, that's why I'm still fascinated by those Japanese warm toilet seats.