would someone please correct these sentences

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Tukanja
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

would someone please correct these sentences

Post by Tukanja »

Gentlemen, I am glad that we are having this appointment here at this airport and about this, for us, let me say, new firefighting vehicle.
Also I would like to say that I am sorry for I couldn't have accepted your the new several days earlier term proposal for I wasn't sure that I could have finished the new accu-batteries compartment which was a modification that I was doing with the vehicle and in the mean time.
One more problematical fact was that the company which I was interested in to buy these batteries from, was actually running out of the batteries. On the day of your new proposal the batteries were somewhere in VARTA main stock in the Check Republic, if I had properly been informed by the salesman. These here VARTA representative guys had another lead and sulphuric acid type of the batteries on the stock and with 180Ah capacity what was capacity which I was interested in but I wanted these dry ones.140Ah capacity of the batteries would be good enough as well but they hadn't neither the first nor the second ones on the stock.
In addition to this I must say that you might already have asked yourselves why should I have changed the compartment in the vehicle. The reason was that I couldn't here in Bosnia and in a reasonable time have bought those special shape accu-baterries which were carried with the vehicle. Also I liked to have enough space for placing either 140 or even 180Ah capacity accu-batteries instead of 125Ah what was the capacity of the accu-batteries carried.

One more reason for not to have accepted the proposal was that I had already come to an agreement about the day you had at first suggested with the firemen who were to be taught about how to use the vehicle properly.

Finally I want to thank you for your arrival here and also give you my apology by reason of this my long speach at the start of this meeting.
hermit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: would someone please correct these sentences

Post by hermit »

hi turkanja - how does this sound?

gentlemen - i am glad that we are having this meeting here at the airport concerning
the new firefighting vehicle. also, i would like to say that i am sorry that i couldn't
have accepted the new proposal several days earlier, but i wasn't sure that i could have
finished the new accu-battery compartment in the meantime, being a modification-in-
progress i was making on the vehicle.

another problem was that the company involved was actually running out of stock on the
batteries. on the day of your proposal, the batteries were in varta main stock somewhere in the czech republic, or so the salesman informed me.

the varta people had another lead on sulphuric acid-type batteries with the correct
180Ah capacity (the dry batteries are preferred), but they didn't have either type
in stock.

in addition to this, you may have wondered, "why change the battery compartment in
the vehicle?" the reason was that the original special-shape batteries were not
available here in bosnia within a reasonable time.

i also want to provide space for 140 and even 180Ah accu-batteries instead of the 125Ah
batteries originally carried.

also, on the day you had first suggested, i had already come to an agreement with the
firemen who were to be taught proper vehicle usage.

finally, i want to thank you for being here, and i apologize for the need of such a lengthy
speech at the start of the meeting.

hope that helps, have a good presentation.

hermit
Tukanja
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: would someone please correct these sentences

Post by Tukanja »

Sounds better then mine.

Thank You.