chronic bronchitis

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

hanami

chronic bronchitis

Post by hanami »

After a flu over a year ago, i felt a serious pain in my throat. At that time i and my sister catched the same flu, having the same signs and getting over at the same time. But then she recovered perfectly while i have always had so much mucus in my throat. It doesn't affect my breathing at all but makes me very uncomfortable, often having to clear my voice and spit. I took many medicines including some antibiotics like sparfloxacin, erythromycin, cephalosporins but haven't gotten over yet. Now i am taking traditional chinese medicines, not feeling it improved well. I want to get advice from you, i think i am about to become unable to stand it. Thanks in advance!
happiness is something you can't foretell
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: chronic bronchitis

Post by Shazzam »

hanami wrote:After a flu over a year ago, i felt a serious pain in my throat. At that time i and my sister catched the same flu, having the same signs and getting over at the same time. But then she recovered perfectly while i have always had so much mucus in my throat. It doesn't affect my breathing at all but makes me very uncomfortable, often having to clear my voice and spit. I took many medicines including some antibiotics like sparfloxacin, erythromycin, cephalosporins but haven't gotten over yet. Now i am taking traditional chinese medicines, not feeling it improved well. I want to get advice from you, i think i am about to become unable to stand it. Thanks in advance!
Sorry to hear that you haven't been well. :(

I have a couple of suggestions that my mother has always used for sore throats etc. Boil some water and add it to a glass then add two teaspoons of salt and stir. Let the water chill and then gargle it. It tastes horrible but it clears bacteria (remember do not drink it; just gargle and spit). What you need to do is keep this glass in your bathroom and everytime you use the bathroom gargle the water, you can do this as many times a days as you like. Keep doing this for two days and see if it makes a difference.

In addition if you make a cup of tea; squeeze half a lemon into it with a teaspoon of honey. I have also been told that if you swallow a whole peeled clove of garlic; it is supposed to help a sore throat. :)
hanami

Post by hanami »

Shazzam wrote: Sorry to hear that you haven't been well. :(
I have a couple of suggestions that my mother has always used for sore throats etc. Boil some water and add it to a glass then add two teaspoons of salt and stir. Let the water chill and then gargle it. It tastes horrible but it clears bacteria (remember do not drink it; just gargle and spit). What you need to do is keep this glass in your bathroom and everytime you use the bathroom gargle the water, you can do this as many times a days as you like. Keep doing this for two days and see if it makes a difference.

In addition if you make a cup of tea; squeeze half a lemon into it with a teaspoon of honey. I have also been told that if you swallow a whole peeled clove of garlic; it is supposed to help a sore throat. :)
Thank you !
I have been doing that everyday, i mean gragling hot salty water. My mother always asks me to do that even before i got the disease. Yeah, it improves my throat but i do still not get over. However i feel much better now. The mucus is thinner and thinner and i can spit it easily. Perhaps the chinese medicines start to show their effects.
happiness is something you can't foretell
braveknight

Post by braveknight »

i can give dor u the best choose is to every day to drink a cup of green tea it will help u so much man {-: