What makes people do so much shopping these days?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Seafarer
Gold Member

Postby Seafarer » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:50 am

There are perfect women in Tv and all press.They wear nice and attrack most of the men. This influences our own relationships.Woman wants to be the one, man wants perfect woman so people go shopping to be the perfect one.I think shopping is not a simple topic, it is a sociological problem

Geeny

Re: What makes people do so much shopping these days?

Postby Geeny » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:24 am

If we are giving the good service and sell quality products and give customer satisfaction then obviously the people will come to shop.

Thank you
Regards
Abercrombie and Fitch Clothing

Biene

Postby Biene » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Well, I think, this crazy shopping epidemic is fueled by the advertisment. Coulorful, funny, attractive, advertisments appeal to our inner intentions or better to say to our complexes. They show us that we are not as perfect as people on screen or in a picture. It's the essential intention to improve oneself in order to be stronger, prettier, healthier and happier. So why not to buy a new perfume or a new car, when a voice- over promises that the thing will make so good. However, it really works for some people. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them :-?

IrinCHa

Postby IrinCHa » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Among others, there are such reasons as - the desire to show off (we live in a society with the ideology of conspicuous consumption, don't you think so?), and a psychological aspect of the process (for example, shopping is essential for most of women as it uplifts their mood)...

langbam

Postby langbam » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:20 am

Nowadays, people earn more money than 80', 90'. They have enough for their normal life. People in my country often say: "This is not the time of fully eating, warmly wearing. Deliciously and model are instead of old people thinking"
There are a lot of markets, supermarket, commercial centrals and malls also help people approach with as less distance as possible. People can find everything they need in short time, with the most model, lastest technology of product.
Another reason that make consumer easy pickup commodity is PR (Public Relation) which too many promotable campaign to encourage people come to market.
For most consumer's psychology, shopping are the most relaxing method after full weekday working. To go to market, with air conditioner, music let people exciting, relaxing. Moreover, people feels happy when they carry new things to home.
In conclusion, consumption is the important core that making social improvement.

Emily

Postby Emily » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Shopping can makes people feel happy and satisfied also can help business activities and economic grow up. People need some requisites so we have to buy that then go to shopping. I love shopping too. For example, the item we buy cosmetic, dress, skin care product etc. These things for woman have irresistible power.

supersju

Postby supersju » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:38 am

If you want to cost money or just window shop, you don’t need to go too far. There are many department stores in Taipei. If all these are too expensive for you, just is patient. In a short time, you will probably find a similar style of the jeans you want in a less expensive store.

midolihuang

Postby midolihuang » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:00 pm

I think advertisement should be a main tactic influenced people goes shopping
There are variety method from the newspaper or TV to promote the goods on the advertisement, which includes bargain price、 buy one free one、coupon…etc.
The people were attracted shopping not only in his needs but cheaper items that will be used so far.

emilovepeace

Postby emilovepeace » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:57 pm

I think it is in order to our life to need. That is the basic things. Furthermore, most peoples are in order to their desire. Sometimes, we see the other people having something than we want to have those things. This is why we make so much shopping today.

midolihuang

Postby midolihuang » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:33 pm

viewtopic.php?f=179&t=42477&p=383047#p383047
What makes people do so much shopping these days?

The people who want to go shopping activity for several reason, I think the most important is about advertisement must influenced people went to the store bought goods which he/she in need, There are variety methods from the newspaper or TV to promote the goods that you may choice one which includes bargain price、buy one free one、coupon…..etc. The people were attracted shopping not only in his needs but cheaper items that will be used so far.
In a word, it can be

midolihuang

Postby midolihuang » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:31 pm

The people who want to go shopping activity that has changed those behaviors into a new concept in the modern society.
There are variety manner to get stuff from different information that will be the purpose which you can buy in convenience and fast than original shopping, the most of one is website shopping, the second one is TV shopping, although both of them are business in different channel that they combine with advertisement to promote the goods selling, moreover, you may get special discount from the seller apply to you when you were customer already.
In a word, the reason of those which can influence of people go shopping these days is quickly、easily and cheaply.

emilovepeace

Postby emilovepeace » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:24 pm

This essay will examine the reasons why people do so much shopping today.
I think shopping is necessary for our life. That is the basic things. Furthermore, most peoples are for their desire. Sometimes, we see the other people having something than we want to have those things. This is why we make so much shopping today.
In conclusion, shopping is very important to our life. The reason is that can satisfy our desire. However, we still control our desire. The reason is that can makes us debt easily.

Emily

Postby Emily » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:25 pm

Why so many people like shopping? There are four reasons might be shopping can let people feel happy, satisfied, relax, variety etc. Some people even think they can not live without shopping. Shopping can make people feel happy and satisfied also can help business activities and economic grow up. People need some requisites so we have to buy that then go to shopping. I love shopping too. For example, the item we buy cosmetic, dress, skin care product etc. These things for woman have irresistible power. Therefore, the above reasons can explain why people want to become better or have requisites so they shopping.

midolihuang

Postby midolihuang » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 pm

The people who want to go shopping that has changed that activity into a new concept in the modern society.
There are variety method to get stuff from different information that will be the purpose which you can buy in convenience and fast than original shopping.
The most of one is website shopping, the second one is TV shopping. Although website shopping and TV shopping the people who want to go shopping that has changed that activity into a new concept in the modern society.
There are variety method to get stuff from different information that will be the purpose which you can buy in convenience and fast than original shopping.
The most of one is website shopping, the second one is TV shopping. Although website shopping and TV shopping are different businesses. They combine with advertisement to promote the goods selling.
Moreover, you may get special discount from the seller apply to you when you were customer already.
In a word, the reasons influence people to go shopping these days are Efficiency, convenience, and price.

Seafarer
Gold Member

Postby Seafarer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:12 pm

I guess the people do so much shopping cause they want to feel much better, or want to escape the realities of the life. While shopping, your mind basically stops thinking {-:

midolihuang

Postby midolihuang » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:36 am

The people who want to go shopping that has changed that activity into a new concept in the modern society.
The most of one is website shopping, the second one is TV shopping. Although website shopping and TV shopping are different businesses. They combine with advertisement to promote the goods selling.
Moreover, you may get special discount from the seller apply to you when you were customer already.
In a word, the reasons influence people to go shopping these days are Efficiency, convenience, and price.

taisir

Postby taisir » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:19 pm

to me shopping is two; buying what you need and what you don't. it is accepted that you buy what you need when you need, but of course these days people buy many things that they don't require and they call it fun, I would say this is just the influence of information on us, for instance where I live people seek the products they watch on TVs to sort get along with the so called modren life. some others imitate the lifestyles of celebrities and people living in wealthy countries. and this is all the bad about information in other wards

shafoo

Postby shafoo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:00 pm

now a days most people have stressful life so that's why they want to relax and then go around and do shopping.other reason is that,everyone now wants to look good and people are very conscious about their looks so they do alot of shopping.sense of competetion among the teenagers everyone wants to look good than other so shopping can fulfil their requirements.

shafoo

Re: What makes pn somreople do so much shopping these days?

Postby shafoo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:01 pm

can someone correct my mistakes.i want to improve my english skills.

lyphan
Silver Member

Postby lyphan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:46 am

First of all, the higher your incomes the more your pay. Because of your higher income, you can afford for what you want, so you will go shopping more. In addition, shopping is a kind of entertainment especially for women. it is so funny that i do shopping whenever I'm tired or sad until I'm broken and then i feel better.
Second of all, the sellers have a lot of ways to attract people to buy products such promotion, after sale services, so on. The buyers feel the products are cheaper, so they are willing to pay whether they need or not.

nibrahim

Postby nibrahim » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:00 am

from my experience, as a married man & a government employee: the credit card facilities makes me do a lot of shopping.
It's true that at these you could find a lot of things you like to buy but without available money, you couldn't buy anything.

Return to “Talking Point Discussion”