Advice on English study abroad and scholarships?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Advice on English study abroad and scholarships?

Post by Oriani »

Hi everyone!!

Fist of all, let me apologize becasue I'd been lost, but I was too busy finishing my studies in college...

Well, as I already finished, I would like to keep improving my skills as an English teacher, so, I would like to ask u If you can help me find some kind of information about English trainning abroad... In the UK, or any country in which English is spoken.

Scholarships, courses...

Any help, I'll appreciate them all.

Thanks.
ORI :-D :-D
ps: I didn't find any forum to post this!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Help, advise, comments!

Post by Dixie »

Sorry I can't help you honey... :-(
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Advice on English study abroad and scholarships?

Post by MissLT »

I haven't heard or seen any scholarships given out to International students, but don't take my words on it.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Oh it is ok. I'm still looking for options in my country. There used to be scholarships available in the US and UK Venezuelan embassies but they say they are not giving them right now or they are done already ( over).. So I think I will try other options. :cry:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

If there's any, I bet it'd be very limited because it's expensive to study here as an International student. International students normally pay double or triple the price more than legalized residents. Did you try to check out the scholarships from rich people like Bill Gates? They give out scholarships more frequently than NGO's.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Wow!!!!!!!!! That's a lot!!

Well, I've been thinking about the VIF Program., I think it might be good! Studying in the US for three years...
netsem

Post by netsem »

I think it is the best choice which you think. It is quite good to study in US.
StudyCo

Post by StudyCo »

Studying abroad would be a greater opportunity. Perfect studying at Australia. Else you can get in touch with any international student recruitment agency
https://studyco.com/en
tefamiranda

Post by tefamiranda »

Hello everyone,

I'm new here! But I really want to know if you have informations about any scholarship in the US, so I can follow the steps, I think I can not pay the university in which I want to study, so I have to look for scholarships. {-:
Have a good one!
heyprince

Post by heyprince »

I like your Post. Here we are providing the best information about the customer survey. If you want to get more information so visit here survey.

http://surveys-online.info/
jiyakhattak
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jiyakhattak »

Oriani wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:38 pm Hi everyone!!

Fist of all, let me apologize becasue I'd been lost, but I was too busy finishing my studies in college...

Well, as I already finished, I would like to keep improving my skills as an English teacher, so, I would like to ask u If you can help me find some kind of information about English trainning abroad... In the UK, or any country in which English is spoken.

Scholarships, courses...

Any help, I'll appreciate them all.

Thanks.
ORI :-D :-D
ps: I didn't find any forum to post this!
in my opinion i think uk is the best for spoken english training
jiyakhattak
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jiyakhattak »

netsem wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:39 pm I think it is the best choice which you think. It is quite good to study in US.
i also agree with you
jiyakhattak
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jiyakhattak »

MissLT wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:34 am I haven't heard or seen any scholarships given out to International students, but don't take my words on it.
:-?
AidenRyan

Post by AidenRyan »

Hey!

Studying abroad is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your English skills while immersing yourself in a different culture. Here are some tips and advice on studying abroad and finding scholarships for your English studies:

Research the available destinations: Start by researching countries and universities that offer English study programs. Consider factors such as the quality of education, cost of living, safety, and cultural experience.

Choose the right program: Determine what type of English program suits your needs. Some options include language schools, university exchange programs, or specialized English courses.

Improve your language proficiency: Before applying, work on improving your English skills as much as possible. Take language proficiency exams like the TOEFL or IELTS and try to achieve a competitive score.

Seek scholarships and financial aid: Look for scholarships specifically designed for international students studying English. Research both government-sponsored scholarships and those offered by universities, language schools, or private organizations. Websites like sygscholarships.com can be helpful resources.

Check with your home institution: Consult with the international or study abroad office at your home institution to inquire about any available scholarships or funding opportunities they offer for students studying abroad.

Apply early and thoroughly: Start your application process well in advance, as scholarships often have early deadlines. Be sure to carefully follow all application instructions, submit required documents, and write compelling essays highlighting your passion for English and the reasons you deserve the scholarship.

Explore alternative funding sources: If you don't secure a scholarship, consider other ways to fund your studies, such as part-time work opportunities, personal savings, or crowdfunding platforms.

Network and seek advice: Reach out to current or former international students who have studied abroad for English programs. They can provide valuable insights, tips, and recommendations.

Consider a part-time job: While studying abroad, a part-time job can help you support yourself financially and gain practical experience in an English-speaking environment. Check the local regulations regarding work permits and restrictions for international students.

Immerse yourself in the culture: Once you arrive at your study abroad destination, make the most of your experience by immersing yourself in the local culture. Engage with native speakers, participate in social activities, and join language exchange programs to further improve your English skills.

Remember, studying abroad requires careful planning, dedication, and a proactive approach. By utilizing available scholarships and immersing yourself in an English-speaking environment, you can make the most of your experience and significantly enhance your language skills.