what are you currently listening to?

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: EC

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: what are you currently listening to?

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi Xkalibur!

Nice to read you again. Nice hits you sent in this thread.
Well... I think Sade is OK. I would buy her album probably (many reasons) but I am short of money these days. Besides I need silence at that time of my life more than words/sounds.

As deals downloading from Net it has pros and cons - no doubts. I am too lazy to download music from Net. But as deals me and music - I used to need music much more in the past cause as a teacher - still among people - you need some...different sounds than sounds produced by people. I cannot explain it to you. Probably thus I was buying a lot of music and I was listening to the music so often when I was a school teacher. To relax. To keep a distance. These days I don't need it so much thus probably I am so lazy about music - whatever it means :roll: You know - you have too much stress - you are looking for a safe board - kind of. And music was my safe board to keep me sane. Really. Nowadays I donot need many antistress helpers - so I am rather less interested in music.

Well... to keep the mood I am sending here today FAITHLESS and their hit I want more as my idea nr 1 for the entry today. I am sending this piece of music to have in mind that I have to write my poem nr 2 about sport what I am very lazy to do.
Well... maybe this song will inspire my better to write my sport poem nr 2.
Who knows?

By the way - what do you think about sport Xkalibur?
What do you think about sport shown in the Faithless video?
Would you like to be a part of such a sport show?
Do you listen to the Faithless music? do you know this band?
They are not the worst I think. Maybe they will also release another new album soon?
Who knows...
Besdies I think you should know them. Why not?

Faithless I want more

Ok. Another song from me today is a Black Box - this band doesn't exist these days as I know. Maybe they meet together from time to time to perform their old hits but no new
albums any longer.
Black Box was famous in the 90sties of the XXth century as I remember well.
This is their song FANTASY that I am sending you today. Cause I think
people like fantasy and their need fantasy. Also in music. Why? Is it good to imagine things? Many people say - it is ABSOLUTELY good. Is it? I think it is good till the moment you realize you are...making fantasies. And when you are losing a border between reality and imagination ... you are dead in life then. Whatever it means. So it is not so good sometimes to make many fantasies. Really. What is your opinion? I am curious to know it.

In the meantime Black Box in one of their biggest hits - Fantasy:

Black Box fantasy

Soon more from me again...
LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hello there,

Thanks for nice songs!
LadyMacbeth wrote:Well... I think Sade is OK. I would buy her album probably (many reasons) but I am short of money these days. Besides I need silence at that time of my life more than words/sounds.
I may email you this album if you like.
LadyMacbeth wrote:By the way - what do you think about sport Xkalibur?
What do you think about sport shown in the Faithless video?
Would you like to be a part of such a sport show?
Do you listen to the Faithless music? do you know this band?
No I didn't hear about this band.
As to sport, I used to go in Kan Karate-do three years.

Ok.
Are teacher of English? I also noticed that from your long posts. :-) ..

So we got to the point where I'm expected to place some links..some music links :-)

Quite beautiful Russian R&B song: Irakly.feat Dino MC 47
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi Xkalibur and everyone who cares about music...

I don't know what should I write here this time. I saw your post here yesterday but I was too lazy to type here my reply. All in all I must press many buttons and put some links even... my sport poem nr 2 is still not ready what makes me feeling guilty and ashamed but I am full of different thoughts inside myself these days thus I am not specially creative as deals sport poems. What thoughts do I have? I don't know it myself. Really.
Isn't it crazy? I think it is (a bit). :roll:

Well.. comming back to your last post and music. I will buy SADE's album one day. I am sure. Who says I have to have her music today? I can wait for better times and then buy it. Of course I don't know how much her latest album costs in musical shops but I don't think it costs much. Though who knows - then I will think about other solutions. I am not any fast Net downloader. Should I be - by the way? Maybe I am just stupid? Who knows?

Second thing, it is good you know British FAITHLESS band now. They play very interesting music. Very British modern music - I think I can call it like that.

Next, as deals my teaching English these days I am rather using English then I teach English. I think it is my history. Rather long history but a history of mine.
Now I have to find other ideas for me. I have some other possibilities.
Teaching English isn't my first faculty. Sometimes I regret very much I went into it.
Many reasons. First reason it is not my first faculty - the most important reason.
I mean - it is not that I don't like teaching English but I don't like defending things I don't believe in. I don't believe teaching English makes any sense to me. Thus I have to
go aside and look for new opportunities. It is very complicated issue, believe me.
I am thinking hard about it these days. It is very difficult to find new solutions to me. But I have to think about them. I have to use my brain. That's all.

Ok. Comming back to music once again. Thanks for Russian modern music - very interesting. As deals a video - it didn't cost much. Your opinion?

Thus I am going to put here 2 quite different latest videos.
Kind of terroristic videos they are - to keep the last mood here.

Which song do you like better? Please write it here!

1. First song is Black Eyed Peas and their Rock your body (some say it is the best video in 2010 but I think too early to claim such things though the main idea of this video is really cool I think)
Black Eyed Peas Rock your body

2. Second song is Gorillaz and their STYLO
Gorillaz STYLO

LM

ps1. To make a long story short- Xkalibur - choose if you want or you don't want to send me latest SADE's songs.
ps2. I waiting for next music here!
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hi LadyMacbeth and every one else who clicks on the links,
LadyMacbeth wrote:. my sport poem nr 2 is still not ready what makes me feeling guilty and ashamed but I am full of different thoughts inside myself these days thus I am not specially creative as deals sport poems. What thoughts do I have? I don't know it myself. Really.
Isn't it crazy? I think it is (a bit). :roll:
Are there gonna be something like in your previous poem? "toilets" :-)
LadyMacbeth wrote:Teaching English isn't my first faculty. Sometimes I regret very much I went into it.
You shouldn't think so. Knowledge is valuable.
LadyMacbeth wrote:Which song do you like better? Please write it here!
The 1st one. Did they rejoin?
LadyMacbeth wrote: ps1. To make a long story short- Xkalibur - choose if you want or you don't want to send me latest SADE's songs.
ps2. I waiting for next music here!
ps1. Yes, of course. I already did my choice in the previous post. Simpy PM the email.
ps2.sings Linel Richie
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi Xkalibur and everyone who cares about music :)

I don't know what to write ...again... well... my poem about sport still not created.
The shame of mine because of this fact goes on as you can easily guess...
Well but soon I will write it. I am sure. No - it is not any toilet poem.
About history of Olympic Games. About first reasons to start any Olympic Games at all and why the idea of ancient Olympic Games collapsed. Because it collapsed - the fact.
Can you guess why? It is very easy to guess such things - till today the same.

Next - I don't know if knowledge is precious. It is but times come when it is not precious at all. Such times have come. People destroy instead build. They are worse and worse.
Dark times are historical fact my friend :( And the blamed are people themselves.
Their dark deeds are a reason. Always :( And dark views :(

About music - BEP rejoined. And made a successful come back. They rock.
I think Michael Jackson's death last year helped them to be very successful very much.
What more? They have great videos. I think "rock your body" is the answer to "meet me halfway"( I put this song in that thread a bit earlier) - you know technology versus starry universe and animals...

I like both songs from my previous post. Maybe I like STYLO better. I don't know. But I don't understand 1 thing in STYLO video. Why the guy - the good guy - didn't try to shoot into the tires of the robbers' car? Can you get it? Is it very difficult to shoot at the tires? It seems to me very logical to aim at them. But I don't know - maybe I am wrong at this moment? Then some chances to catch the robbers and have them alive. In the video they are drown because they happened to be not attentive. Is it a good idea?

Lionel Richie is a very cool singer of course. Do you like his songs?
To keep that mood I am sending last Leona Lewis beneath - in the AVATAR song.
Have you seen Avatar movie, Xkalibur? Do you like it? I cannot understand why these
blue aliens have their ...tails? I cannot understand what for they need tails. Aliens never had tails. It is strange - are these creatures more about real aliens or about animals?
How do you think? Well..dark times are a fact - one more proof for that to me, don't you think? :( Share your opinion, please.

Leona Lewis I see you

Ps1. Xkalibur - I am sending you my e-mail soon.
ps2. All music fans - come into this thread and tell more about music you like or you are just listening to.

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hello there,
LadyMacbeth wrote:Next - I don't know if knowledge is precious. It is but times come when it is not precious at all. Such times have come. People destroy instead build. They are worse and worse.
Dark times are historical fact my friend :( And the blamed are people themselves.
Their dark deeds are a reason. Always :( And dark views :(
Really? In my country it's vice versa..knowledge is becoming a key to success.
LadyMacbeth wrote:Lionel Richie is a very cool singer of course. Do you like his songs?
To keep that mood I am sending last Leona Lewis beneath - in the AVATAR song.
Have you seen Avatar movie, Xkalibur? Do you like it? I cannot understand why these
blue aliens have their ...tails? I cannot understand what for they need tails. Aliens never had tails. It is strange - are these creatures more about real aliens or about animals?
How do you think? Well..dark times are a fact - one more proof for that to me, don't you think? :( Share your opinion, please.
Yes, I like his songs. In general, I'm posting here music I like. As to Avatar, I haven't watched it yet, but my friends has it on dvd. I will borrow it. It is said that this movie reached 2 billion dollars from film service.

A song from Gorillaz from their new album Plastic Beach:
Gorillaz -White Flag (feat. Kano, Bashy, and The Lebanese National Orchestra for Oriental Arabic Music)
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

By the way, Lady M, do you have a profile on last FM social network? It's interesting.

This is my profile: http://www.lastfm.ru/user/thelastheroe

For your language:http://www.lastfm.pl

I registered and downloaded scribbler (program). When you listen to music on your PC, it creates charts, counts listened music, etc. and makes it available on your profile. You can also find friends there.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi Xkalibur and everyone who cares about music...

Well... what's going on here? Where are you from Xkalibur?
I am going to send you a private reply soon.
I don't know what you are driving at?
I am just writing about music and similar other things here (biographies).
I think I am just useful. Not too many errors unlike other people here.
Besides - It is only a screen to me.

Well... I hope to see some music here again soon. Why not?

In the meantime next music from me - fantasy music to fantasy movie.
Have you seen it?

Never ending story Limahl

I hope you know Never ending story movie. If not - you can surely download it for free somewhere on the Net. Good luck! :roll:

to be continued soon...
LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hi,
LadyMacbeth wrote:I don't know what you are driving at?
I am just writing about music and similar other things here (biographies).
I think I am just useful. Not too many errors unlike other people here.
I simply suggested you to register on that social network for music lovers.
LadyMacbeth wrote:Besides - It is only a screen to me.

Well... I hope to see some music here again soon. Why not?
If you see only a screen on my links, no motion but sound. Then this is because the single is new and they have not yet have an official video.
LadyMacbeth wrote:I hope you know Never ending story movie. If not - you can surely download it for free somewhere on the Net. Good luck! :roll:
No, thanks.

Moody Blues - Tuesday Afternoon (1970)

Dalida - Parole Parole (1974)

Jewel - Intuition (2004)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello Xkalibur and everyone else...

Because I can see some rather slower pieces of music here- lets say classical ones - I also am going to put here today 2 classical pieces of music in this ALMOST Easter time.
Cause in Poland we are celebrating Easter these days. What is it? Spring festival? Lets call it here like that. Anyway celebrating Easter is part of European history and culture and ONLY in this context I am putting here Handel's music to give some history in this thread this time.

By the way I am going to ask here those who care who is a real music lover?
Is it a person who can read music or you don't have to be able to read music to be called a musician these days? How do you think? Should - for example - singers - specially pop singers and other singers read music or no - it is not necessary to them to be great singers? This was my first question to my readers today.

Handel Hallelujah1

Another question is - do you like choirs? What do you think about choirs?
And some music again - Handel once again - but a video is quite different this time:

Handel Hallelujah2

Ok. That's all for today. Happy Easter for all those who care about this spring holiday.

All the best for everyone!
LM

ps. I hope you like a scenery where a choir in the second video sings. Why am I writing about a scenery? Cause it is very important to have a great architecture to listen to great music. These 2 things should be kept together. My opinion.

I am cooming back here soon!
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello on Easter Sunday!

I really didn't know what to put here today on Easter Sunday 2010 and I wanted to put here something on this great day- no doubt.
Finally I decided to put something classical in modern version. And I chose Polish Chopin as my choice nr 1. I hope you will like Polish Chopin :)

Chopin etude opus 10

Well... as my choice nr 2 I chose again something classical. An old European hit in modern version with Asian star Vanessa Mae with my wish to have more hits like that to buy in shops around the world - I mean old hits in modern versions.

Vanessa May in Berlin - Toccata and Fugue by Bach

Read me soon again...
LM

ps. Sometimes I wonder if older hits in modern version arenot the only solution to improve modern music generally. How do you think? :roll:
I hope you will like my choice for today.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello people today...

What a cloudy day in Poland. No sun at all again.

Well... only music can raise human spirit sometimes. So here I am.

At first I wanted to put here some anonymous Vanessas May - you know some great violin solists who play with orchestras around the world and though they play like Paganini or better noone knows their names. Is it good or bad? How do you think?
Should they be famous? Why aren't they? Some things to wonder about - you know...

Well... so it was my first idea to put here something today. But then I thought - Oh Lady Macbeth don't be so boring , I beg you. Give something more cheerful for younger
generation. Doth not everyone on englishclub is in the thirties.

The result? Here are my 2 choices for today. Let me know if you like them.

First - 4 years old Skakira dancer:
4 years old Shakira dancer

Next - real Shakira in her latest hit "Gypsy".
Shakira Gypsy

All the best to everyone,
LM

ps.1.Which Shakira do you like better? It is up to you to decide.
ps2. Of course I am going to put here some classical music soon again.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hooverphonic - Eden

Dinah Washington - Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby (Rae & Christian Remix)

Protassov & Kinski - Eastern
LadyMacbeth wrote:ps.1.Which Shakira do you like better? It is up to you to decide.
I dunno. :-)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi today to everyone who cares...

What a nice music Xkalibur -some off-music (whatever it means)

So what is left to me this time? To join you in your ideas a bit off.

Thus I am putting here today Paganini - 2 times.

First item performed by 5 years old violnist:

5-Year-Old Violinist Paganini Caprice No. 24

The same item performed by older violinist:
Hilary Hahn Paganini Caprice No. 24

Read me soon again with some latest hits I hope.
LM

ps. If you will find Vanessa Mae playing the same item - put it here please!
Or any Paganini perfomed by her can also be.

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hi there,
LadyMacbeth wrote: What a nice music Xkalibur -some off-music (whatever it means)
It is Lo-Fi genre, sometimes mixed with Trip-hop, Downtempo, Electronic trends.

Another beautiful song in this category:

Terranova - Chase The Blues
Year: 2006
Album: Lounge For Lover Vol.3

LadyMacbeth wrote:ps. If you will find Vanessa Mae playing the same item - put it here please!
Or any Paganini perfomed by her can also be.
Ok.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi Xkalibur and everyone else...

Well... national mourning in Poland is almost over. I don't mourn much these days I have to admit but I think I have to put here a little bit mourning. Otherwise probably I would be too cruel to everyone though my name is Lady Macbeth so noone should expect too many good deeds from me :roll: So only a little mourning from me here.
And I want to write that I am thinking at this moment not only about Polish airplane diseaster but about all airplane diseasters that happened and will happen in future.
And that 's all about it in this musical thread as I think.
As musical attachment I want to put here Mozart and his REQUIEM for many people who died high in the air or... only a little bit above ground level like in case of Polish president and his noble companions (starting with Mrs President).

Lacrimosa, Mozart Requiem - Concert Choir, Los Altos High School

Ok. And as deals contemporary REAL HIT I am giving here some other dark colours. Is it a mourning hit? Probably. Anyway it is hit nr 1 in Germany these days. What do you think about it? Let me know please. It is German idea how to win Eurovision contest this year as you can read...will they win? Who knows... anyway they have such a hit nr 1 these days and that means something I believe!

Lena Meyer-Landrut - Satellite - Eurovision Song Contest 2010 Germany (offizielles Musikvideo)

Read me soon again...
LadyMacbeth

ps. What about Russia and their idea for 2010 Eurovision song contest - do you know something more Xkalibur? Write then!

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi people today...

How are you on Monday morning? Do you still mourn with Polish people?
I hope your mourning ended yesterday.

But who knows... there are ten thousands reasons to mourn... for example when someone has a broken heart - isn't it a reason to mourn for a long time? :roll:
Some years even or a whole life? Is it wise? I don't know. Does it happen? Yes it does :(

Anyway, far from next plane diseaster and different heart attacks everyone can listen to German Lena Meyer-Landrut in her Satellite song and well... talk a little about her and her future career...what chances does she have to make a world famous career?

For example my question is - what for does she go to this Eurovision contest 2010?
I read a little bit more about Lena. She doesn't have any particular musical achievements till now. What is her musical background? No idea. No piece of information.
I can read her grandfather was a very important man in Russia - a politician.
On the Satellite video she looks like 15. When in fact she is 19. Does she feel she is 15?
What songs does she like singing? I think she is a very smart young lady. Does she have to sing about...love? How do you think? Yes - but about love with broken heart. Then I can accept her. But lyrics she sings arenot proper to her personality, views, well... they arenot proper to her person in my opinion, to her physical appearance. To her age.
I am thinking at this moment - what way will her musical career take in future even if she is a winner.
I think too many tricks in this whole pop music business and too little truth in her case.
I think Lena should play piano and be Alicia Keys to be sincere to me.
To make me feeling confident while listening to her that Lena is what she really feels.
That she is an artist. In her case I cannot feel it. I think she looks natural and wants to be credible but she is only latest innovation in the field of plastic surgery. That's all she is to me as deals her music career. What are your impressions? Let me know please...

And finally a song to start another week - a song with a soul... latest Alicia Keys...

Alicia Keys Try sleeping with a broken heart

All the best to you on the next Monday morning (not mourning)...
LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth wrote:How are you on Monday morning? Do you still mourn with Polish people?
I hope your mourning ended yesterday.
:-)
LadyMacbeth wrote:That she is an artist. In her case I cannot feel it. I think she looks natural and wants to be credible but she is only latest innovation in the field of plastic surgery. That's all she is to me as deals her music career. What are your impressions? Let me know please...
Well, I've never heard about her..

Ok, here is a nice tune to listen to while driving :-) :

Gorillaz - Stylo (feat. Bobby Womack and Mos Def)
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi people - today a very short musical message from me...

Relaxing music... with sea waves...

Calming, Relaxing, Soothing Music Piano and Ocean Waves

Calming, Relaxing, Soothing Music - Voice/Tambura/Harmonium

Next music from me here soon...
Regards,
LM.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi today dear listeners,

How do you like my ocean waves music? I hope you like it :roll:

Today something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT - desert music.

What do you like better - ocean music or desert music?

Not all countries where deserts appear have desert music. Only few ones I can say.
How do you think- is it good or bad ?

Some examples of desert music beneath.

1. Some traditional music from Mongolia (lets hope it is about Mongolian desert)

Mongolian music

2. And here is quite different desert music. Do you hear there any desert at all?

The Desert Music Steve Reich

Which desert music you like better?

PS. I tried really hard to find something about Sahara desert to compare Asian and African traditional desert music but I wasnot able to find any suitable video. Try to look for something on your own then when you are interested in ... :roll:

Read me soon again,
LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Nor Elle - Desert Storm (Album: Slapstick, Year: 2001, Genre: Ambient)

Sting Feat. Cheb Mami - Desert Rose

Enya - Caribbean Blue
LadyMacbeth wrote:How do you like my ocean waves music? I hope you like it :roll:
Yes, I liked it. Spasibo!
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello here!

Thanks for your nice entry Xkalibur. It is really , really cool you like my ocean waves music. Sometimes music of the ocean is the only music one can listen to!
At least in my case. :roll:

Anyway, I think nowadays young artists care too little about sounds of the world and they care too much about their own musical (drug) visions what makes contemporary hits very ...hitless. Whatever it means. Do we have any real great hits in this year?
I think about pop music. Some songs of Black Eyed Peas and 1 song of Gorrilaz (and still these hits are more about videos than songs though hard to prove it)- my opinion.
There are very few REAL musical number 1 hits between 1 January 2010 and 5 May 2010 and count how many new artists appeared on music TVs around the world in the meantime. What for? I am asking. To present themselves and to go away after 1 song? Does it make any sense? Doth noone will believe that people don't sing these days or they sing less than they used to though who knows... maybe it is a sign of times? Who knows? Maybe in fact people are worse and worse so they sing less and less... I have always been told that only good people sing. Maybe this saying is a truth?

Anyway today 2 next Mongolian songs from me. I like this band that performs these nice hits. Its name is Egschiglen - I know very few about this band what I regret.
I also want to write that I like Mongolia very much and I would like to visit this country one day. In this case I would have to also visit Russia and China. Of course some most important places in these 2 countries and compare them plus some nice rest from any civilisation in Mongolia as I presume at the moment I am writing here my ideas.
I think this trip could be the exploit of my whole life but who knows - maybe it is possible one day. Not today of course but one day?

Then a nice Mongolian music perfomed by Egschiglen (beneath) can be a background to my pictures from Mongolia :

Egschiglen - (Sounds of Mongolia)Tavan hasag.Five Kazakhs

Egschiglen - (Gobi)Chingis haani magtaal

Read me soon again,
LM
ps. Would you like to visit one day Mongolia Xkalibur? Do you like Mongolian landscapes? Music? People? Which countries in Asia have you already visited?
ps2. What countries /places if any would like to see in Europe?
ps3. What countries/places in the world would you like to see?
You can give quite real and quite unreal ideas.
LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hello Lady Machbeth,
LadyMacbeth wrote:ps. Would you like to visit one day Mongolia Xkalibur? Do you like Mongolian landscapes? Music? People? Which countries in Asia have you already visited?
I've never been there, can't say. I've been only in Russia and Ukraine.
LadyMacbeth wrote:Of course some most important places in these 2 countries and compare them plus some nice rest from any civilisation in Mongolia as I presume at the moment I am writing here my ideas.
I already live in Asia, in Baku city (Azerbaijan). You could also rest from the civilisation in here. :-) ..as we are not went too far from Mongolia.

Some random images of the city:

image #1
image #2
image #3
LadyMacbeth wrote:ps2. What countries /places if any would like to see in Europe?
ps3. What countries/places in the world would you like to see?
:-) hard to say
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hello LM once again,

Let me post a beautiful Mongolian song I've found on the YouTube specially 4u. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d26rbF82ONk

Here's its lyric:

Amtataig idsen chi, Garandaa shingeehgue
(Even if its delicious, it doesn't soak into your hand/mouth)
Altin edend chi, Altan biend naaldahgue
(Even if its gold, it doesn't stick on your body)
Amtataig idsen chi, Garandaa shingeehgue
(Even if its delicious, it doesn't soak into your hand/mouth)
Hairtai chi mini alas yavad ireh shinjgue
(And my lovely dear whose gone far away, seems won't come back)
.chorus..

P.S.
I must admit I didn't know it is a Mongolian song, and also the language is pleasant to listen. It's a discovery. :-)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi Xkalibur and everyone else...

Uff - here I am again at last. In my favourite thread in not a good time at all.
Xkalibur - so you are from Baku. I have read about this city in some Polish books (novels). Some Polish people were there too - don't know why.
Pictures number 2 and 3 are really interesting. What buildings can we see there, Xkalibur? Write something more. Thanks for Mongolian song and lyrics.
Very nice.
I want to send you something similar - from Poland. This time it is not any traditional Polish music - but an old Polish pop hit and well... I have been listening to it many times till today but when I have listented to it today I have thought that I can understand lyrics of this song at last. Isn't it interesting? And when I have understood lyrics of this Polish song (in Polish language) I have decided to translate them into English.
It is very easy to sing this song in English. Here is the song - an old Polish hit (perfomed by Polish band called PERFEKT) and I hope you like it:

Perfekt Niepokonani

Below I am sending you my English translation of its lyrics - how do you like it?
Of course I know I made some language errors but otherwise it would have been quite immpossible to sing this song in English and well - some language errors - and you can both understand the song in English and ...sing it even! How great I think!

UNDEFEATABLE:

When emotions will go down
Like a dust after a great battle
When there isnot any power
To take back the shouted words
In the silence of disgraceful white flags
Should one leave barrier?
Or be rather like a hard rock
Putting salt into the pain
Like memorial of pride
that lonely lasts…

when someone who is my dear light
suddenly in daylight fades
And when on my road past the curve
My doom meets me like my friend
Then in hopeless anger swallowing grief
Should one be loser
Or be rather empty playmate
Who believes until his end
That all should have been not like it had been.

We are flowing across a great Babylon
Untill the love is catching us
In the train of senses we can still last
Undefeatable
Untill the flames will burn out us
Untill ocean of our dreams
Will be measured with a little spoon

One should know when proudly it’s time to leave the stage
Undefeatable
In a rubbish shiny diamond
In right time the unsolved riddle
An enigma for a whole next age.

I think this Polish hit is really great. It is better than many contemporary world hits and so on. You know - I planned to put here some latest hits but they have to wait cause I think Polish song is really better. And what is your opinion?
Feel free to put it.
Soon I am comming back here with something the latest again (I hope) though every music is welcomed in this thread of course!

All the best to everyone,
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi people here again...

I have come again today cause I think Polish black and white PERFEKT's band video "UNDEFEATBLE" is a bit gloomy and sometimes it is good to paint life with some fresh colours. Thus I want to put here today next number 1 hit (I hope) by B.O.B band "Nothing on you". How do you like it? I hope you like it. I like it very much and I hope it will be number 1 hit soon:

B.o.B - Nothin' On You ft. Bruno Mars

ps. What do you think about the idea of translating native lyrics into English with errors in order to sing a song in English? Today I think it is not the best idea. Better is to translate native lyrics into English correctly and ask native speaker to make a song from my translation the way I can sing Polish song (for example) in English. How do you like this idea? I think it is better than singing in English with language errors.
ps2. what do you think abut a singer of Polish PERFEKT's band? I think this guy can be a singing world star number 1. Singing and smoking a cigarette at the same time - who can beat it? Which of real world song stars can beat it? Do you know someone?

Read me here soon again,
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi today!

This is rather short entry. First - David Guetta and his latest hit. How do you like it?

David Guetta Feat. Kid Cudi - Memories

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi today!

Another summer hit. I hope you like it!

Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart ft. Ludacris

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi today!

Pity that still so silent here. So here I am again with a new ECOLOGICAL song from Switzerland. Stephanie Heinzmann persuades us that we should start ecological (r)evolution to keep our world clean. I have been listening to this song very often lately. You know or you don't know - terrible floods in Poland these days. A lot of dirt when water recedes. Maybe thus I have been watching this video time and again...? :roll: Anyway, a nice song I think.

First a real video to this song
Stefanie Heinzmann -Revolution (a real video)

And the same song with lyrics on the screen:
Stefanie Heinzmann - Revolution (Lyrics)

ps. How do you like Stephanie Heinzmann? I think she is OK.

Soon a next song from me...
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi today,

a new day a new song... today another female song star - Rihanna and her hit "Rude boy".
What do you think about Rihanna? I think Rihanna is OK and her voice is OK too.
Have a nice day.
Soon I am comming back here!

Rihanna -Rude boy

ps. Have you noticed that this thread has 137 thousand viewers till today?
Not the worst I think. So many people like music. It is really optimistic to me in these gloomy days...
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hello Lady Macbeth from Poland,

Let me first answer your numerous PS's. :-)
LadyMacbeth wrote:ps. What do you think about the idea of translating native lyrics into English with errors in order to sing a song in English? How do you like this idea? I think it is better than singing in English with language errors.
I think if those who you are singing for don't understand English, then either ways are OK. But I agree with you, too.
LadyMacbeth wrote:What do you think about Rihanna? I think Rihanna is OK and her voice is OK too.
I think she is a primitive American pop-singer. A Selling-out music.
LadyMacbeth wrote:ps. Have you noticed that this thread has 137 thousand viewers till today?
Yes. What surprises me most is nobody here but us? :-) ..Maybe the majority of this amount of viewers are just WE? Because very rarely can see someone posting here.

Some music:

David Guetta feat. Akon - Sexy Bitch

Petr Nalitch - Santa Lucia - recently I downloaded his album, he's becoming very popular for his music . I very liked it. Now that's what I call music. :-)

BTW, did you watch Eurovision's first semi-final yesterday? There were 17 participants, and as you might know also Poland team. They didn't progress to final stage if I'm not mistaken. That's pity, because among those who did progress there were some weak songs. The second semi-final is tomorrow (27 May). Don't forget to watch!

P.S.
What city are you in Poland? Is there flooding? I hope your house is not damaged by flooding.

Bye for now!
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Working Class Hero - The Definitive Lennon

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello today Xkalibur and everyone else...

Nice to open this musical thread at last. Well anyway I am for a short moment today to present to everyone my song number 1 these days. It is World Cup 2010 anthemn performed by a band "K'naan". I hope you will like it. I like it very much.

K'naan Waving flag

LM

ps. German song won Eurovsion Song Contest 2010. It is a nice song but it had made such a career before Eurovision Song Contest that I wonder if it really makes sense to repeat such things in future. Maybe yes - but only in case when a singer has musical past/background. Hard to say such things about Lena to me. So to make a long story short - I was BORED to listen to this song once again during Eurovision Song Contest 2010. Simply bored. That's all. But it is a great song, indeed.
However, I don't know if last year winning song (FAIRYTALE by Alexander Rybak)
was the same level popular in his country (Norway) but this year it is too much for me. Hard to explain it. Maybe I am bit too fussy and grumbly at this moment but you know... too many cooks spoil the broth - say Englishmen - it is something in it, my opinion. :roll:
ps2. to be continued soon.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi people again today!

At last I have a little bit more time to write here. Well... in this time Lena Mayer - Landrut 2010 Eurovision Song Contest Winner is number 5 on the hit charts in Germany whereas nr 1 is K'nann with his hit "Waving flag" in mixed version.
Why am I writing that? As I remember last year Eurovision Song Contest Winner Alexander Rybak was nr 1 AFTER Eurovision Contest. But it was in Germany and I don't know how it was in his native Norway.
Anyway , lets change a subject. Though why not a little bit about Lena's future. When she is 19 years old and no chances for a maturity exam this year so probably she will be singing jazz or what? I could see her wearing a black hat. She should have her own lyrics to stay a star I think. She doesn't play any musical instrument. Maybe time to start learning how to play one? I don't know. What are your ideas? Then during Eurovision Song Contest 2011 she can play her song on a guitar too. Or what? I don't know.

Ok. But lets focus on music only. So Petr Nalitch' Santa Lucia - is a great song, I like it. Though I would change lyrics - I don't know what original lyrics are about but I would give some message to English version of this song- at least about beautiful nature.
Santa Lucia? Hmmm... I don't like it (other name at least) much though song is really great. No doubt.

What besides? So you say Xkalibur there are few people in this thread though many viewers - it is a truth but I think it is a truth always and everywhere. Many curious observers and 1-2 hard-workers. Don't you think?

Ok. A song for today will be last French hit. When Germany rocks France doesn't sleep.
The latest modern French music then...(I hope this music is originaly French though to be quite truthful I havenot checked it till now)

Stromae Alors on danse

This was latest France ( in French at least) and what besides?
Well... latest Metalica performed by Swiss Stephanie Heinzman. How do you like it?

Stefanie Heinzmann - Unforgiven

Do you like Metallica?
I wonder what should be like Eurovision Song Contest 2011 winning song? Maybe something like Stefani above but with another message? About love? I am not sure.

I hope you like songs I have put here today. Soon more songs again.
LM
ps. Soon something about Polish flood 2010 too. But not in musical thread. I have collected many interesting pictures to show them as a kind of warning to everyone around the world who lives nearby any river.

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Dobry vecher everyone,
LadyMacbeth wrote:Do you like Metallica?
Yes. I used to listen to it last year, but not nowadays.

She didn't have time
LadyMacbeth wrote:She doesn't play any musical instrument. Maybe time to start learning how to play one? I don't know. What are your ideas?
I don't think much of her after seeing her porn video on the web, she were a porn actress in the past. Did you know about it?..Nevertheless, her song were interesting, but there were also some outstanding songs to win, for example France, Spain, Turkey.

a song from latest Era's album: Era - Vivaldi + Sunset Drive + Spring / Four Seasons

Did you listen to Era?

And some unusual songs:

Bossa Nostra - Jackie (from Putumayo - Euro Lounge album/ Genre: Ethnic)

Millenia Nova - Prilude Au Porno (feat. Coppi) (from Lounge For Lover Vol.3 album / Genre: Lo-Fi)
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Some Ambient music:

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Tensor

The band is quite popular according to last.fm. They have 2 893 231 auditions.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

A beautiful classics (vocal): Leo Delibes - Flower Duet From Lakme
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi Xkalibur and everyone else today!

Really nice to see here so many good pieces of music Xkalibur. My congratulations! Specially I am saying my THANK YOU for... Carbon Based Lifeforms. Excellent music for every young scientist, indeed! While you are busy at your microscope you can hear such music as your background. I can imagine doing it quite easilly in times when I was thinking about my great future as a biologist. Anyway, I had some sixth sense choosing rather lab than outdoor specialisation. Though generally in my country the last is much better. Specially when you want to leave this country soon. Well... I had quite different plans. But they happened to fail and finally in my case both outdoor and indoor options happened to be a total diseaster , I am afraid :roll:
Though it is a very important choice for a young biologist to be indoor or outdoor scientist. What is better? I don't know. I was a plant researcher whereas I should have been focused on animals what I think today. So maybe no - indoor/outdoor only plants and animals? Maybe it was what killed me. But I was so sure - plants only what plants - indoor or outdoor? Today I think I should have thought about animals and leaving my country. But without leaving it - no sense to care about animals. Just plants are present here till today i think. ?

Ok. but far from Carbosn Based Lifeforms now... what can I read?
I don't think much of her after seeing her porn video on the web, she were a porn actress in the past. Did you know about it?..Nevertheless, her song were interesting, but there were also some outstanding songs to win, for example France, Spain, Turkey.
Are you sure of it? Really? Well... I am against pornography because I think love isn't for sell. And people who care about pornography say love is for sell or no love at all.
I believe love is fact. You don't have to love another man/woman but pornography is against the idea that love exists! Whatever it means. So I think people who deal with pornography shouldnot sing about love (man-woman/proper relations ). It isnot OK. And people who love another man /woman and work in this business should leave it at the same moment. Though it is hard to me to think about pornography at all. I think it is a nonsense for money and a very bad thing. I think it is a crime against humanity. A caricature to laugh at? Something like that. You?

Ok. Now song nr 2 durng Eurovision Song Contest 2010- Turkey:
Eurovision Song Contest 2010 place 2 - Turkey

That's all from me now. No new great hits unfortunatelly :(
LadyMacbeth
ps. I planned to put on Englishclub.com some photos with Polish flood 2010.
But I wam very lazy these days. When I am leaving from Poland soon - I will put these photos one day. When I have to wait a bit longer (depending on my health) I will put here something in proper section. Anyway - a lot of water and people who are fighting to stop it. As usual.
ps2. I am not sure if I am present on Englishclub.com for some time now. All depends on many things. In case of my silence - I am comming back one day again my dear viewers.
But I hope to have Net connection soon. Who can live without Net connection long today? Only a man in a South American jungle. Noone else. That is all for today. Take care.

LM
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Some 2010 Billboard hits:

Rihanna - Hard

Lady Gaga - Alejandro

LadyMacbeth wrote:ps2. I am not sure if I am present on Englishclub.com for some time now. All depends on many things. In case of my silence - I am comming back one day again my dear viewers.
I'll be missing you.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Hi Lady Machbeth, how are you? Are you still having problem with Internet connection?

Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

P.S.
Would you like to start a singer career someday as we already have Lady Gaga, Lady Antebellum? You'd be Lady Machbeth singer. :-)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi all music fans who are visiting this thread (including Xkalibur of course)!

Well... I am still at home but I hope my all problems will be happily solved soon.
Lets hope.
At this moment of my life, however, words of praise to Xkalibur from me.
He puts many interesting musical items here.
Unfortunately I am neither any Lady Antebellum (thank you for those who want to think about me like that!) nor Lady Gaga (no way!). First thing - Lady Gaga's art is about dancing and moving - I am about playing music. First thing to compare that disagrees between me and Lady Gaga about the idea what is music itself. Besides, of course I am any pop star at all to compare. Any little pop star at least not a word about being international pop star.

Well... what for I have come here again? Any big hits to present these days (since German Satellite has won Eurovision Song Contest 2010).
Nowadays as it seems to me World Cup 2010 has dominated the world at least on TV screens.
So I am going to put here something SOFT this time - soft Shakira to balance HARD Rihanna and suggest what kind of summer hit 2010 should we probably have:

Shakira feat. Freshlyground - Waka Waka (This Time For Africa)

I hope you like latest African Shakira. I like her very much!
That is all from me this time.
Sorry for not putting here promised photos from Polish flood 2010.
I can always do it. Even in a year or 2.
I am not sure when I am writing here again.
One day I can write here again - sooner or later - who knows?
Good music like Elvis Presley never dies ;-)

I hope you will be really missing me and I hope to see continuation of this nice thread again.

All the best for everyone who likes this thread!
LM.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth wrote:I hope you like latest African Shakira. I like her very much!
I also. :-)

Stromae - Alors On Danse

Timbaland - If We Ever Meet Again ft. Katy Perry

"Empire State of Mind" Jay-Z | Alicia Keys [OFFICIAL VIDEO]
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Sunnypk
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Sunnypk »

Listening the Strings and Atif Aslam song "Ab khud kuch karna parega" it's really great song. for arousing the awareness in youth.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »