constructing a sentence using suggest

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

jasper

constructing a sentence using suggest

Post by jasper »

Hello

Are there any grammar errors in this paragraph? thank you

Thank you for your e-mail. I would suggest that I do the photocopying of all Mr. John's statements and Mary can do the photocopying of Mr. Xavier's statements. That way, we can do the work efficiently.
hermit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: constructing a sentence using suggest

Post by hermit »

Sounds good , Jasper.
PureGuava

Post by PureGuava »

jasper wrote:Hello

Are there any grammar errors in this paragraph? thank you

Thank you for your e-mail. I would suggest that I do the photocopying of all Mr. John's statements and Mary can do the photocopying of Mr. Xavier's statements. That way, we can do the work efficiently.
Thank you for you e-mail.

I would like to suggest that I photocopy all of Mr. John's statements and Mary photocopies all of Mr. Xavier's statements.

I believe this will maximize our efficiency.
YourUSApal

Post by YourUSApal »

That is even better, because it is shorter. Many words, like "photocopy" that began as nouns are being used as verbs informally. Eventually the dictionaries catch up and add that usage to the definition. One recent evolution is the word "medal" used in discussing Olympic medals. Only in the past one or two Olympics did people start saying "he medalled" as shorthand for "he received a medal." It doesn't sound right as first, but as the usage catches on it becomes acceptable.