advice needed

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Omar

advice needed

Post by Omar »

Hi guys

actually i don't know how to start my problem ( i wouldn't call it problem ) but i'm going to explain the real situation that i have

i have been here ( Australia ) for 5 months and i'm improving my english everyday and this return back to my daily practecing of english

but the real problem that i have , is hesitation when i speak to people that i know i feel that i'm a good speaker of english but when i have a conversation with people who i don't know , actually i get counfise i don't know why ? and i tried to fix this probelm but i couldn't

another thing is that i'm good in writing , i can communicate with people in the internet and i can speak fluently , i have a friend ( native speaker of english ) and he told me that i have a good langauge i told him that just in writing and i don't know why ?

finally , i got confused in starting the conversations with people who i don't know , ( espcially in shops and these things ) . and and don't know how to ask people about things in particular ( how , what , which , and these things ) i'm a good in english and i know that , i have done my course just in 2 months ( Academic level ) but i don't know why i'm afraid of speaking with people who i don't know i would like very much to speak english fluently and i know that i can do it , but i need some who will help me in that.

So , can you please advise me how can i treat with these problems

thank you
Tukanja
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: advice needed

Post by Tukanja »

Hi guys

actually I don't know how to start explaining my problem.
I've been here (Australia) for 5 months learning English everyday.
The real problem that I've got is a hesitation when I speak to people who I don't know.
I feel that I am a good speaker of English but when I should speak to people who I don't know I get confused. I tried to fix this problem up but I couldn't.

Another thing is that I am good at writing, I can communicate with people using the Internet. My sentences are not so bad. I have a friend (a native speaker of English) and he's told me that I speak a good English. I answered that I am good at writing only.

Finally I every time get confused starting the conversations with people who I don't know especially if it happens in shops and such situations. I don't know how to ask people about things in particular. Also I don't know how to use conjunctions (but, and, that, while..) and other grammar types (what, which, how etc). I'm a good at English and I know that I've done my course just in 2 months (Academic level ) but I don't know why I am so afraid of speaking to people who I don't know. I'd like very much to speak English fluently and I know that I can make it, but I need someone who is able and willing to help me do that.

So, can you please advise me how I can overcome these problems.

Speak the way you are able to at the moment and wait.

I've got no any native English speaker here in Bosnia to speak to that I am going to wait much longer.
Tukanja
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: advice needed

Post by Tukanja »

Tukanja wrote: I'm (a) good at English and I know that I've done my course just in 2 months (Academic level ) but I don't know why I am so afraid of speaking to people who I don't know.