platonic friends

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Do you think, that girls and boys can be platonic friends?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 33

wusel

platonic friends

Post by wusel »

:shock:
I have a friend called Teja and I don't know, if I am in love with him or if we are only platonic friends.

HELP, I need somebody, HELP!

I hope you don't mind that I create a poll here.
_Pirate_
Wasdeer

Re: platonic friends

Post by Wasdeer »

wusel wrote::shock:
I have a friend called Teja and I don't know, if I am in love with him or if we are only platonic friends.

Hi,
I´m Wasdeer and I've got a girlfriend and I cant imagine to have a platonic friendship so give it up to try it
say him that you love him and everything will become all right! :twisted:
Bye your
WASDEER :wink:
Franky

Post by Franky »

What?????? Are you Joking???? whY?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Prinz Poldi

platonic friends

Post by Prinz Poldi »

I don't think there can be platonic friendships between boys and girls,because they might fall in love later.The friendship would not last for a long time.
Rainbows

to wusel

Post by Rainbows »

is teja a person of an caddo indian tribe? is she from texas??? :lol:
If she is a hello friend then take her and make it to her :shock:

i think i would only take teja if she is pretty because i wouldnt want an ugly (hello) friend but that can onlky go if you are pretty beacuse sonst are you the ugly one..... hello mrs schwippert (who is standing behind us but not reading...*troll-laughing*.. )
coco

Post by coco »

please ask him if you aren't too shy. Maybe he wants to tell you the same. Yes, we think, that men and women can have a platonic friendship, because we have some friendships like these :D
wusel

Post by wusel »

TEJA IS A BOY ( or isn't he???????) :shock: :shock: :shock:
Prinz Poldi

Post by Prinz Poldi »

What the Hell is troll laughing :?: :?: :?:
Franky

Post by Franky »

I think there is a world in peace, where platonic is everywhere!! lets celebrate
wusel

Post by wusel »

the way how a troll laughs

honk
Rainbows

Post by Rainbows »

we all know troll laughing... so denk nach if you don't know it! teja is a boy? are you gay?
Prinz Poldi

Post by Prinz Poldi »

But aren't platonic friendships cheap and sleazy???You willl (!) fall in love with your platonic friends.
wusel

Post by wusel »

TEJA IS A BOY AND I (wusel) AM A GIRL :oops:

c'est ca
Franky

Post by Franky »

You are STRANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Rainbows

Post by Rainbows »

a platonic friend is good for having fun :wink:
coco

Re: to wusel

Post by coco »

Rainbows wrote:is teja a person of an caddo indian tribe? is she from texas??? :lol:
If she is a hello friend then take her and make it to her :shock:

i think i would only take teja if she is pretty because i wouldnt want an ugly (hello) friend but that can onlky go if you are pretty beacuse sonst are you the ugly one..... hello mrs schwippert (who is standing behind us but not reading...*troll-laughing*.. )
wer seid ihr?

You all are recommended to use English here only!
Rainbows

Post by Rainbows »

what language do you speak coco?
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

HI Wusel

To be honest I seriously believe that men and women can't be friends and even if they had friendship then i dont think it will last for ever but of course there is always exception. Tell me some thing dose you're friend Teja has a girlfriend not you I mean a really girlfriend? if for example if he had one will that make you feel jealous like some one has taken him away from you? Will you feel jealous if he hang out with another girl or come close to her? What about him will he feel jealous if you went with another guy except him ? Try to find out the answers for these questions. You know you're self and you're feelings better then any one and Im sure you will find you're way out of this problem.Wish you best of luck. :roll:
luckygirl9

Post by luckygirl9 »

As I think there can be platonic friends between boys&girls,for I'm doing it with a boy in our class,that's practical.Though he is so excellent in many ways and has got good personalities and outlooks,I haven't fell in love with him,I just treat him as a very good friend.The main reason I can give out here is that,I wanna pay my attention on my study.
Dolamar

Post by Dolamar »

wusel wrote:Do you think, that girls and boys can be platonic friends?
Yea, it is possible. :)

It can be tough though sometimes though. :?
As it is quite easy to get attracted to a friend of the opposite sex. :(
Especially when you share each others feelings and thoughts. :cry:
Just remember a friend is one step shy of a lover. :oops:

If you do find later on that you both love each other, don't think of it as an end to your friendship.
But rather a beginning of something new and better, a chance to share your feelings together on a deeper level. 8)

That's just my crazy opinion on this issue! :roll:
tinsch

Post by tinsch »

first of all I really don't understand why there are 100% at the vote for 'there can be platonic relationship ..' when some people obviously don't think so . anyway :wink:

in my opinion it's possible to have a platonic relationship between men and women . do we always have to fall in love with our mates? I think some people may aren't able to manage a 'relationship without deeper feelings' but the majority is able to .
many people just need a really good friend whom they can tell everything besides their partner (when they have one..)
and I think it can work when they don't just want to have fun with the partner and don'tget drunken and do things you never wanted to do .. wayne :lol:

& wussel, did you already tell him your feelings?
if not - GOOD LUCK!! I don't know him, but I think he won't break up your friendship!!

[tina]
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Yes, it is absolutely possible. I have many friends of the opposite sex and have no sexual intentions with them. My best friend, whom I have known for 15+ years, is female. Platonic friendship exists. Both persons have to be true to the friendship.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Jimmy,

You are my platonic friend. K I S S M E !!!!
:oops:
allison

Post by allison »

I hope you don't mind that I create a poll here.
_Pirate_
I think so. :-)
[color=#404000][i]We cannot control the evil tongues of others, but good life enables us to disregard them.[/i][/color]
edgaro

Post by edgaro »

I think that men and women can be platonic friends because most of the people have an ilusion about some person when meet someone at the first time. This ilusion can be change when the person know more about the other but in the firts place yes. I think that could happen.

Edgar Ossiel and Jorge Torres..
edgaro

Post by edgaro »

I think that is true to have this kind of friends..
estrella

Post by estrella »

I think that Is possible a that platonic friend exist between a girl an a boy, but we have to know exactly what we want and what we are in our lives.
KarlaCorral

Post by KarlaCorral »

I think is possible you can have a platonic friend, but only that, I have a platonic friend too and he is married and I have a fiance.
horclau

Post by horclau »

Are you nuts? Look for a real love, there is a bunch of men...
gisela

Post by gisela »

all is excelent but i have to go home
eduardoquezada

Post by eduardoquezada »

i agree with you!!!!
francisco

Post by francisco »

Every one has a platonic love or a platonic friend, it is easy to know it when you have a platonic love. you try to say something about your feelings but you can´t, you dream (awake)with that person doing this or that.You want to ask her for a date but it is hard to say it. that´s what I have felt with my platonic love.
estrella

Post by estrella »

Hi!

This is a question for all the forum....

Do you think people in general think that platonic friendship between the sexes is possible or not ?

What's your opinion about it ??
juditharagon

Post by juditharagon »

I think it´s possible because someone can have all the characteristics to be compatible with, but maybe the circunstances aren´t the ideal to make that work. Maybe it´s not the moment and after all is not the right person for you...What do you think about it? :geek:
juditharagon

Post by juditharagon »

well...most people say: a friendship between a man and a woman...implies that one of them always fall in love of the other one...what do you think? Unfortunately, I´ve lived some experiences related to that!!! :!!:
luissq

Post by luissq »

Yes, I think, platonic friends can have fun, but, hahaha, -is the human nature-, can be posible that this kind of friendship becomes other closer kind of friendship, so, we don't know when we can cross that uncertain line, of the "agape" kind to the "eros" kind.
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

I think between men and women always there is the sexual instinct. That instinct can be hide under words like "friendship", "fun", but I think that attraction can be as unconscious as not to realize it.
Anyway sexual attraction is a good thing. It's the natural in all beings.
I have had many "other sex" friends. They have been truly friends, but I always felt that sexual attraction. This represent I have attempted to get sexual relations with them? NO. but the sexual attraction is there.
WonWoong

Post by WonWoong »

I don't think so because men and women are falling in love.. this is destiny...
They are attraction each other. Somepeople say that is possible. yes i think so.
but in my case, I don't understand about yes opinion.
lesoli

Post by lesoli »

According to me platonic friendship between the sexes isn't possible. You can have best friend and tell him/her about everything, laugh and have fun with him/her, but after the certain time you or your friend will fall in love. You won't tell him this becouse you will be afraid that it might spoil your friendship.
Elisa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elisa »

Plato is the key of this question.
wojcieszek

Post by wojcieszek »

In my opinion, girls and boys can be platonic friends. Sometimes it is easier to talk about something of the opposite sex. With some problems more likely to help the boy with the other girl. So I think that the friendship between a girl and a boy could be.
mcIlob

Post by mcIlob »

I believe that man and woman can be a platonic friends.
For example I know people who have known each other since childhood and they are good friends though it's boy and girl. :)
alicjapie

Post by alicjapie »

There is no one answer that question. Personally, I think that this friendship is possible.
It is important that the person was honest with each other, talking frankly and from the beginning they set their intentions. Despite this, it is inevitable that they may fall in love.
alexandra

Post by alexandra »

In my opinion men and woman can be platonic friends, but not long. Sooner or later one of friends will fell in love for second person. Generally, when this situation happens, friendship between men and woman will end. Sometimes both of people feel sth. for themselves and next they are couple. Then, friendship is really good fundament for successful relationship.
In conclusion, I don't believe that man and woman can be a platonic friends.
rokwysocka

Post by rokwysocka »

In my mind friendship between other sexes can exist, but it is hard to create it. Often this relation leads to love but happens situations when this friendship is real and long-lasting. It is wonderful but rarely seen. Personally, I believe it is possible, when both sides are involved.
kassliw

Post by kassliw »

In my opinion feelings will develop and u will want more. Your feelings for them will eventually come out. No way people can be just friends. Males and females should never be friends most of all they are not single ;)
dariakur

Post by dariakur »

In my opinion platonic friends don't exsist. Obviously friendships beetwen women and man are in
ordinary world but for short time, because always one side falls in love and then they
become a couple or they hate eatch other and they never talk again.
olamro

Post by olamro »

In my opinion boys and girls can be platonic friends. I think that, because to be friends we don’t have to be of the same sex. Sometimes we better get along with somebody with the opposite sex. A lot of people says, that sooner or later one of the site will fall in love, but it’s not true. If we have topics to talk about and we like the same things ( but we don’t have to, because sometimes it’s better when friends are different, because they will have always to talk about something ) they can meet each other, but it doesn’t have to mean something serious.
Wojteeek

Post by Wojteeek »

I can't unequivocal answer because for some people spending time with friend can be just spending time with friend with whom you can talk honestly, who knows you by heart etc. but for sombody it can be reason for fall in love. Furthermore I know a lot of relationships which had been asked "Are you together?" and answer was like "No, no, no we just friends" and over time they were together ;)
Tkiewicz

Post by Tkiewicz »

I think that platonic friendship between man and women exists. I have a true friend and we have never felt in love. Platonic friendship is something important, because men and women have a different point of view