Keep your boyfriend or girlfriend ?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

calla

Keep your boyfriend or girlfriend ?

Post by calla »

How to keep your boyfriends or girlfriends closerly if they're far from u, ex: go abroad for residence ?.
Call them, email to them or give them any gifts....
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Do all those things, and if it doesn't work out, move on and get ready to love another one. Not many people who have been in a relationship, which won't end with a breakup. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.
ilargia

Post by ilargia »

I´m sorry, Calla, but I think that if you are in a relatioship you want to have experiences in common and be closed to the other person. If you are in a distance, it never mind, at the begginning, because you still remind him/her but, after that, you miss your life in coomon and it´s become a tiring situation.
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well, i could write here a long statement telling you why i have this opinion or on which facts am i based to have this thought, but i guess that with only one sentence and time for you to get it, its perfectly enough:

LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS JUST DONT WORK :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I used to think that too, until my friend from Cádiz (southern Spain) began going out with a guy from Santander (northern Spain). Each one lives in their own city and see each other when they can. They take a plane and go to see the other and spend a couple of days together.

Personally I don't think I could maintain such a long- distance relationship, it must be really hard to be apart most part of the year. They have been together for 7 years now. I still don't understand it... I really hope they move in together soon... although who knows, maybe then they might split up... :roll:
feanor
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by feanor »

dixie, may be distance is what keeps their love alive. when you move in a house with your love or when u marry, after a while your love turns into a routine.
in most of the famous loves in literature, there is distance between lovers and they suffer from this. and this is what makes their love last. as soon as they overcome their problems and begin living together, the story ends. because the writer, like us, knows that there are nothing left to write and read anymore.
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

let me tell you that im really surprised with your romantic view of love :lol: , i said once im gonna say it again, in my opinion everybody needs physical touch, and if we cant get that i can tell you almost for certain that things will finish soon
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

feanor wrote:dixie, may be distance is what keeps their love alive. when you move in a house with your love or when u marry, after a while your love turns into a routine.
in most of the famous loves in literature, there is distance between lovers and they suffer from this. and this is what makes their love last. as soon as they overcome their problems and begin living together, the story ends. because the writer, like us, knows that there are nothing left to write and read anymore.
Well, I think that it would be a shame if they broke up the moment they started their life together. I mean, what a waste of time! :roll:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote:let me tell you that im really surprised with your romantic view of love :lol: , i said once im gonna say it again, in my opinion everybody needs physical touch, and if we cant get that i can tell you almost for certain that things will finish soon
I agree with Rui in this. I don't think I could endure a relationship such as my friend's. I think we need to be close to the other person, not only to feel them near but also to actually have them near us. In Spanish they say "el roce hace el cariño", which roughly translated would be like "friction creates affection". It means that being close to the person you love, being able to actually touching them, is what makes your love grow. I don't believe in long-distance relationships. In fact I'm truely amazed by my friend's really-long-term relationship (7 years, of which I wonder how long they have been together physically). Of course I am sure that things are going to change the moment they move in together or get married.
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

Rui wrote:well, i could write here a long statement telling you why i have this opinion or on which facts am i based to have this thought, but i guess that with only one sentence and time for you to get it, its perfectly enough:

LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS JUST DONT WORK
I just want to underline this posting for many times. Seems as if Rui has a lot of experience, as I right?
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Keep your boyfriend or girlfriend ?

Post by sweethuman »

Do All Of Them- EveryOne Of Them Has A Different Taste :-P