Corruption exists in ALL countries and societies.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Corruption exists in ALL countries and societies.

Post by TalkingPoint »

Corruption exists in ALL countries and societies. There has always been corruption and there always will be corruption.

--
corruption: dishonest behaviour in return for money or personal gain
inevitable: certain to happen; unavoidable
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
seewhome

why corrupt

Post by seewhome »

power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely
8) 8) 8)

Re: why corrupt

Post by Guest »

seewhome wrote:power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely
8) 8) 8)
Man by nature is a political animal
Milly

Corruption exist in everywhere

Post by Milly »

I think corruption exist in everywhere. In magazine, radio, TV, we heard too much about who corrupt. Who has big power ,who has big volume corruption, who has small power, who may has small volume corruption.
A few days ago, I saw a sitcom about criminal. in it, a role said one word:
I look down on these men who have corruption. Today,I heard from my colleague. They must be validate by the certain authority before our products will be exported. but a few days later, the procedure hasn't completed, while the products are eager to be exported as the customer require. So my company gave money to the missionary in the authority.
To my surprising, this matter is finished at once. This corruption happened aroud me. The missinary receive money, and then help us to finish this procedure. My colleague said: if you don't give money to them, this procedure must spend some days.
tina

corruption exists in every country

Post by tina »

Corruption by its very definition is part of every homo-sapien.Man in an attempt to have anything corrupts either in kind, cash ,or action.When you require services from someone you sometimes plead with him/her.These services are given to you EVEN when visibly you don,t deserve it because your smile or words have been convincing enough, those words have corrupted the person who has rendered the services to you.
There are cases where you give money to acquired undeserved favours,that as well is corruption.
The fact about corruption is that you are being favoured when you actually shouldn,t be.This canker worm runs through the crux of all societies,think of the last presidential election in the supposed most democratic country of the world.Turn an eye to the cause of the most recent California recall and its result! Who says corruption is reserved for some?
kirk

Corrumtion

Post by kirk »

Corrumption is all over the world and as long as man is alive, corrumption will exist. Develop and developing countries has and have experienced some degree of government corrumption. However, more corruption is practiced by some government officials from developing countries, due to their short post period.
I was reading an article about the current ongoin corruption in Ecuador.
It is believe that the current president's campaign was funded with drug traffickers money, while the Congress is now debating now whether to impeach or not the President.
In Russia, its richest man is in jail due to tax evasion in one billion dollars. In Venezuela, president Chavez has difficulties to remove elite people from the government. Venezuela is polarized country as Argentina is. Three weeks ago, China announced labor wrong doing and practices in some of its northwest provinces.
CEO's from developed countries, like the United States, have been practiced for years the habit of inflate its companies financial statements to atract investors.
Although most countries try to be in transparent position and form, they find so difficult to keep such image, mainly because corrupmtion is practiced by the government officials for very log time, making hard for new officials to break such onion ring corrumption.

Re: Corrumtion

Post by Guest »

kirk wrote:Corrumption is all over the world and as long as man is alive, corrumption will exist. Develop and developing countries has and have experienced some degree of government corrumption. However, more corruption is practiced by some government officials from developing countries, due to their short post period.
I was reading an article about the current ongoin corruption in Ecuador.
It is believe that the current president's campaign was funded with drug traffickers money, while the Congress is now debating now whether to impeach or not the President.
In Russia, its richest man is in jail due to tax evasion in one billion dollars. In Venezuela, president Chavez has difficulties to remove elite people from the government. Venezuela is polarized country as Argentina is. Three weeks ago, China announced labor wrong doing and practices in some of its northwest provinces.
CEO's from developed countries, like the United States, have been practiced for years the habit of inflate its companies financial statements to atract investors.
Although most countries try to be in transparent position and form, they find so difficult to keep such image, mainly because corrupmtion is practiced by the government officials for very log time, making hard for new officials to break such onion ring corrumption.

Post by Guest »

Curruption destroy the fainth of people,they can't believe their goverment again,in some developing countries,curruption even become a weapon to defeat politic enemy,because there is no one to be clean.
asia

asia

Post by asia »

I also think that corruption exists in our everyday life. especially in Poland I mean our politicians are too weak and I think that's why our economy went under.That's all I've wanted to say. :(
mjivoin

Coruption and how can it be prevented

Post by mjivoin »

I think that coruption is a resoult of the communist regime. The communist regime were creating a certain low life-style, in dis way people were equal becouse everyone lived in the same way.
The system controlled everything. In this case human necesityies were exceeded so they had to do something like to corupt someone in order to live more than normal life.
This example is common for all the poor countries especialy were the communist regime had a big rol for meny years.
The human nature and his necesityies are unpredictable and if you try to cut those rights it will find a way to cross that limit even if is necesary to corupt someone.
In rich countries with well organized democracy there are not so meny cases of coruption only because of their way of life and and respect of law.
For me to corupt someone means to obtain something ilegal or a favour from someone in change of money or other things, and I don't think that is a coruption when you are satisfyed with someone's work or after you obtained something you reworde him with some nice gift ore something like that.
In order to prevent coruption we have to have a law for that and in orde to respect that law the people has to live a decent life-style, but that depends also of the nations mentality, and if they had a "brain wahs" during the comunist period is wery hard to prevent the coruption.
mona

corruption is exists in all countries and societies

Post by mona »

think that Corruption has never been related to some societies but i believe where we can see less morality and less faith ..then we can say there is a corruption ..as long as one is sticking on God and goodness there would be no corruption as human r tempted by so many things in this life and as human there is a fight between goodness which is the angelic soul of human and devilish part of human soul ..the winner is the one who would drive human to the anticipated deeds ..so when there is good and strong faith then there is less corruption and vise versa..but after all may God shows his mercy on consequences which those who r responsible for society corruption made.
Mona
Mandy2

Post by Mandy2 »

Yep, it exists everywhere. Germany got just recently another proof. The president of the German soccer club 1860 Munich was arrested on suspicion of taking bribes from a company that won the bid to build the new arena, one of the showcase stadiums for the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany. He and some others were accused of involvement in a 'shadowy' exchange of sealed bids for the construction contract for the new arena and of participating in illegal payments for the information.
You know how it is ... as long as those cases do not grab the publics attention, people will act as if there isn't any problem. But to combat corruption isn't easy, you need skilled investigators etc.
Anyway, I'm off for now.
Travel is fatal to prejudice and narrow-mindedness.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Corruption is a great reason of poverty.How sad it is quite common in the world,especially in the poor countries.Many leaders take the advantage of their status to corrupt.They are overrich due to the money that the poor should be supported. :evil: Oh, aren't they ashamed when they talk they are people's servants? Aren't they ashmed of their sweet promises?

_Arale_
viveo

Post by viveo »

Arale wrote: Oh, aren't they ashamed when they talk they are people's servants? Aren't they ashmed of their sweet promises?
_Arale_
Yeah you said what i thought. Unfortunately, today corruption becomes a obvious thing and unavoidable. No leaders can say they really do not corrupt . A key thing is they corrupt large or small bribe in total. We said a lot about the corruption but whenever you wonder if you were them, what would you do ? And who knows, you would take bribes if you were them..
What is love ?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Money talks, $h!t walks; therefore, bribing is necessary, to them :roll: .
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Corruption begins when you have any business (not only with money) with anyone.

And when there are some victims (you know or don't know so).

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I definately think that corruption does exist in every country. People with power will be tempted to be corrupted; that is the way it is. Some people can fight this urge, but not many.

I think it is a necessary for people in power to be held responsible for their actions. That is why i believe that governments and large corporations etc. have agencies in place that continually police the actions of the high profile executives and politicians etc.

I know that even that can have its downfalls; but in a lot of cases the corrupt will be caught.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Corruption exists in ALL countries and societies.

Post by Shazzam »

smartsoul wrote:i 'would like to tell u that coruption becomes unfortunatllylike an incurrable desease in all over the world and i think is due to the pragmatic idealogies and to the bad capitalism, and other important factor is that we neglect and we go upon to the noble and great humanity values so it's sur the corruption has not any advantages and it well drive the world to the world bankrrupty.
Government corruption is probably the worst as it is a betrayal of trust. Alot of countries have been bankrupted by corrupt politicians (in high office). For example. Sadam Hussein, and Marcos (phillipines). They stole from their own people, the people who placed them there to look after them. That makes me feel sick... It is like stealing from you children.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

Shazzam wrote: Government corruption is probably the worst as it is a betrayal of trust. Alot of countries have been bankrupted by corrupt politicians (in high office). For example. Sadam Hussein, and Marcos (phillipines). They stole from their own people, the people who placed them there to look after them. That makes me feel sick... It is like stealing from you children.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
i totally agree.. i was not yet born when marcos imposed martial law in my country but my parents were already alive. and i'm so disgusted :roll: .. since then, our economy started to go down.. i can't believe he could sleep at night with his ill-gotten wealth, if only he returns everything he stole, it could save our economy, we could pay our debts :roll: .. however,i guess reality really offers us a bunch of selfish monsters who could stand seeing alot of people starve, or remain in the streets unclothed and uneducated much worse, of his race :x .. :cry:
Vale

Post by Vale »

Corruption is everywhere of course, it`s the same as a friendship. You can have a new friend, and believe in him/her , but you don`t know if he/she is telling you the truth or lies! So, i think the corruption, lies and many other things exist in the world and they are natural, definetly wrong but natural. You can`t stop them
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

It is a bitter fact that offcourse exists everywhere.
[james]

Post by [james] »

I think, sending gift to a related person shall be regarded as corruption, therefore it is a crime. However, in some countries, such activity may be treated as a gesture of friendship!!! it is ridiculous!!
Ilove

Re: Corruption exist in everywhere

Post by Ilove »

Milly wrote:I think corruption exist in everywhere. In magazine, radio, TV, we heard too much about who corrupt. Who has big power ,who has big volume corruption, who has small power, who may has small volume corruption.
A few days ago, I saw a sitcom about criminal. in it, a role said one word:
I look down on these men who have corruption. Today,I heard from my colleague. They must be validate by the certain authority before our products will be exported. but a few days later, the procedure hasn't completed, while the products are eager to be exported as the customer require. So my company gave money to the missionary in the authority.
To my surprising, this matter is finished at once. This corruption happened aroud me. The missinary receive money, and then help us to finish this procedure. My colleague said: if you don't give money to them, this procedure must spend some days.
Dear Milly,
Thanks for sharing such great corruption example with us. I have never encountered it in my previous workplaces, but I do believe you. It is part of reality. =) I see the matter of corruption is important to be exposed to public, so we can be aware of it. It is also significant to keep in our minds that we should either choose to practice corruption or not. =) Hopefully, corruption will be extinct due to the effort of "We the People" . =)
Vintage

These words sound rhetorical

Post by Vintage »

Corruption exists everywhere?

These words sound rhetorical. Like "there's no more more true faith" or "people of all countries drink". All such assertions must imply a degree.

The former counsellor of Germany was accused of lobbying a foreign company. The japanese minister commits suicide to avoid the shame of being brought to trial. Chinese corruptionears are regularely shot. But a half of all russian people knows their's governors-thieves, and all of them breath freely. Almost all Putin's mates became multimillionears, social activists get and publish prooves, but prosecutors do not pay attention on anything, that is against the big gang named Russian Government. Corruption has become a rule of life. People look into the future gloomy.

Is this the same corruption? Even the most suspicious politician, Putin's friend Berlusconi, is respected its people, and not many italian governors encroach upon basic civil rights.

People aren't ideal creatures. They would always like commit something dishonest. "All through the day - I me mine, I me mine, I me mine"(c) But the only absolute thing on Earth is that there is no absolute things on Earth. Our world differs by degrees of one and same appearances.
kminang

Post by kminang »

Yup, I think corruption exist in all countries.
To win a project tender in my previous company, they gave a graft to a official.

Would you please correct my sentences... {-;
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

yes it is everywhere and it is not limited to those people with good position in a society or community. Even among the ordinary people and in some families corruption is an issue. :) even the honest approach of a good person is also being corrupted by people who wants to gain more followers just to become popular.
esl member since 2007
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

I guess this is a serious disease. :mrgreen:
There are problems in life and one of them is this... but we still have the choice, right and deserve to be happy even if we are living in an environment like this. :-)
esl member since 2007
ritzkevin

Post by ritzkevin »

Asking money from your parents because you have a school activity or a school project is a form of corruption especially when you use the money to have fun.
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

even our ideas, plans and dreams for our future are being corrupted! :roll:
hyemikim

Post by hyemikim »

Corruption happen anywhere if there are people. Cuz among people any kinds of conflict or some kinds of corruption will break.
In my Opinion, Corruption would be broken by somebody who has highly desire at money. In addition, Even if we deny to make a corruption, we might have that kinds of think more than one time at least. so I think corruption is absoultely how we act or how we think it's neccessary and it affect directly