Why is English hard in countries with non native speakers?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

ZEAN

Why is English hard in countries with non native speakers?

Post by ZEAN »

Why English is difficult for student in countries with non native speaker ?

Do you know in some countries where english is not mother land language, english subjects like a "ghost". Most students have no brief to use english when comunicating with their relative or friends. They don’t have self confidence to speak English. Poor things !!!...
Do you have any opinion or argument why it’s happened ? Of course, I’ll be glad to receive and read your comment. Thanks !
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Why English is difficult for student in countries with

Post by sweets »

hala zean
well i think the answer is ur question that students are not encouraged to use English in their daily life among family or freinds because they afraid that if they mistake others will mock at them .

this is my primary opinion and i'll back soon
manofalsubeai

Post by manofalsubeai »

sweets wrote:hala zean
well i think the answer is ur question that students are not encouraged to use English in their daily life among family or freinds because they afraid that if they mistake others will mock at them .

this is my primary opinion and i'll back soon
yup i agree with you :ok: :ok: :ok:
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Generally speaking, any language is hard to develop aside its speaking environment.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

Vega wrote:Generally speaking, any language is hard to develop aside its speaking environment.
I agree with VEGA, till that you are not in an environment where that particular language is spoken by all the people, you will not be able to learn that properly. This situation applies on learning all the languages not merely English.
linhtinh

Post by linhtinh »

I completely agree with your opinion. To learn English efficiently, we need to practice, practice and practice everyday. However, our English speaking and listening skills cannot be easily improved. Writing an essay or reading a book in English is more simple than other skills. Thanks to dictionary,we find meanings of words fast to make our work easy. Meanwhile, speaking and listening require us to communicate with others. Therefore, we sometimes lose our self-confidence. We may believe in ourselves only when we have more chances to be checked directly by English native speakers. Fear of failure makes your study more difficult and time-consuming. I am in this situation now. If I want to improve my study, I have to spend more time and effort on English subject. In fact, to get this result is not as easy as our expectation......... :(
Hiroko

Post by Hiroko »

I think the main reason behind this quote is lack in practice in speaking english. Some people shy because of the fact that what would other people say if they commit a mistake while speaking. They need to throw out all the hesitation.
desiree

Re: Why is English hard in countries with non native speaker

Post by desiree »

Learning a second language, whichever it might be, is hard to non-native speakers because they are not thoroughly acquainted with the language as much as native speakers do. English native speakers may find it hard to learn your native language either. I agree with some of you who said the process of learning all language other than one's own native language is the same.

Anyway, as a learner of English I find it impossible to be immune to mistakes. It's unavoidable. So what do I do? This: LEARN FROM MISTAKES. Don't be ashamed to make mistakes, and the best that one learn from in this life is the mistakes they have made.
rong

Re: Why is English hard in countries with non native speaker

Post by rong »

as my opinion i wants to say that when i writting u feel hasitate because everytime i seems there is some mistake with my writting.i feel my sentence is not correct.this is the same thing i feel when i try to speak and the environment is great factor if i live in english environment this may be easier to me for learning english.and i also think till my writting skill not improve,my speaking is not improve.pls correct my sentence and show me the mistake

bye...............