Studying English

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Flakey

Studying English

Post by Flakey »

Maybe somebody can help me. I have been studying English for a long time. Now I am on upper -intermediate level. How to push my level to Advanced? I am listening English pocasts, reading books and so on but now reading is too boring for me (like reading on my native language), i know i must improve some points of my grammar but still too boring to open English grammar textbook and so on, the main English source for me is listening podcasts and chatting on forums.

Maybe you know smth else?
desiree

Re: Studying English

Post by desiree »

Reading is actually a must. If you find it too boring for you, you might be interested to read books and articles bearing topics that might appeal to you. E.g sports, music, games etc.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

- Try to join Yahoo chat rooms and have voice chats with people which will definitely improve your speaking power and vocabulary, on the other hand, it is not boring as well.
- Secondly, you can attend some english conversation classes in a standard institute for foreign languages if there is any in your country.
- Try listening to english music
Flakey

Post by Flakey »

Thank you Sweethuman
Elisa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elisa »

I don't agree with you Sweethuman. Chatting is very dangerous and there are a lot of fakes. :!:
Better reading and writing here. Listening to dialogue and songs. Watching films and spend holidays in an English speaking country.
FionaBl

Post by FionaBl »

i agree with elisa! it's difficult to learn grammar in chats, everyone uses slang and often isn't careful with grammar! Best way surely is to read books, or maybe listen to english audiobooks, if reading is too boring for you. and always good is speaking to native speakers!!! i can also recommend an app, called iexpert english, for learning how to write essays and these things. gives useful tips on grammar, structuring...
good luck with improving your english:)
warnner

Post by warnner »

Hi..........
Its very useful forum.I also wanna improve my English. sweethuman can you explain how i join Yahoo chat rooms and have voice chats with people which will improve my English speaking?
Please fast explain.I am in waiting.
Thanks. {-:
sanjaySinha

Post by sanjaySinha »

Hello English learner,
English is a very soft and easy language. There are some rules to speak it. If we understand these rules, we can speak easily on every platform.
Mostly, students do mistakes related helping verbs for making small sentences. A verb that connects a subject with the
complement that describes it.
So, Today I am sharing a video How to use Is, Am, Are in the sentence?
Open this link to know uses of Is, Am, Are in Hindi from English Sikho Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcZsMJ9k1fc&t=3s
You can read the complete blog from English Sikho website.

Thanks
Sanjay Sinha
Teaching English from 5 years
https://www.englishsikho.com