Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Too Hot to Handle

Post by TalkingPoint »

"One person’s meat is another person’s poison."
Either all topics are controversial or none are.

Discuss.

Wordchecker
meat: food
poison: something that you eat or drink that can kill you or make you ill
topic: subject for discussion
controversial: likely to cause public disagreement or argument

"One person’s meat is another person’s poison"
This English saying (usually "One man’s meat is another man’s poison") means something like "What one person considers good, another person considers bad" or "I may love something and you may hate the same thing."
chanderveer

Re: Too Hot to Handle

Post by chanderveer »

yes very true . but problem starts only when one sees the whole world according to him
fastforward

Post by fastforward »

Hi all.
the saying is true. As each and every thing in this world has its negative and positive effects. So it is on the person to choose according to his/her nature and live life. If person wants to live joyful life, then person should choose positively good things.
minerals
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

Every human is created with a different nature, mood and habits. The choices differs
leeOxo

Post by leeOxo »

It's all up to somebody's conviction. Sometimes people merely make their lives harder pursuing their beliefs, which actually have no sense
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

I also think it's true. All situations has its good and bad sides depending on who's analyzing them. What's good for us could not be good for the others or vice versa. Our (own personal) decisions and choices/preference in life will greatly be influenced by our culture, belief, religion and our own principles in life.
cuteboy

Post by cuteboy »

It depends upon the persons point of view. Sometimes what do you think is right might be wrong to someone. And much worst is that you're the only one person left believing that what your planning to do is right. You will be caught in a confusing situation.You will find it hard to come up with the right decision. And you will just find yourself trying hard to answer the question what really is important-your happiness or those of your loved ones.
cuteboy

Post by cuteboy »

chanderveer wrote:yes very true . but problem starts only when one sees the whole world according to him
yeeah.... that's absolutely correct chanderveer. 101% true.
cuteboy

Post by cuteboy »

cuteboy wrote:
chanderveer wrote:yes very true . but problem starts only when one sees the whole world according to him
yeeah.... that's absolutely correct chanderveer. 101% true.
There are times when our selfish nature as human beings misleads us.Sometimes or should I say most of the times such weakness is the primary reason why we are blind and deaf of the appropriate and the righteous thing to do. Comes with it are our many imperfections and these includes PRIDE. Still all these things are justifiable because we are just humans subject to commit mistakes. And the fact that "Nobody is perfect".JUSTIFIABLE?????? still it depends on how one sees or the person's views of the whole situation.
Elisa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elisa »

I thik there are
Elisa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elisa »

I tryed to use dictionary while writing but it isn't possible and I submited the start of my thought.:)

I think there are some actions which all people of the world agree to call bad or good but we usually say that intention is the only criterion for goodness and badness of actions.

If the intention is to damage and hurt another person to get personal benefit this is always an evil
action.
" Every will that is at variance with reason, whether right or wrong,is always evil. Only in case of invincible ignorance is one excused when one acts according to erring conscience.
goldsands

Post by goldsands »

for me it is not a problem if someone disagreed with my openions, but the problem is when he didn's respect them. Because it is the life nature to find different openions or thoughts.