Will there be enough food for everyone?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Will there be enough food for everyone?

Post by TalkingPoint »

If the population continues to increase there will come a point in the future when the earth will not be able to produce enough food to support the human race.

Do YOU agree :?:
myonyuntmaw

Re: Will there be enough food for everyone?

Post by myonyuntmaw »

Most of us would say "yes"on the topic as shortage of food is an alarming problem for people all over the world. The number of population has been increasing like tide.

I think we will have to face this shortage of food ,to some extent, although some back- up plans and some advanced technology has been of use.For instance,genetically modified food has replaced most of the unhealthy species.Agricultural methods have been updated to be able to cater the demands of hungry people.

Well, do we have a choice?
We should keep on researching for the new ways and means to prevent such problem.Then, we will not be blamed on by the next generation for not leaving enough food for them.
sdlucy

Post by sdlucy »

I don't think there would be enough food for everyone .Even the tecnology and culture increased jerky and rapidly .As we all know the resource of the earth is imited .nowadays the problem we faced not only food but also water and other energy .
We know evn in such days there are many people who couldn't have enough food and they live in poverty .they have no food and water to offer.
so personally ,I don't think there will be enoght food for everyone infuture even in this moment .
halfknot

Post by halfknot »

There are lot of people starving nowadays, too. But not because of the amount of food in the world, because of the lack of money. So, even if we multiply, as long as you have money, food will be an insignificant problem. However, the food could get more expensive.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Yes, only if we all turn vegan.
anuu

Post by anuu »

well, maybe not the lack of food will be the problem..i think that more than this we should worried about the water. even though the earth is a "water planet", it is a salt water and we are not able to drink it...people are finding the good way to save the good condition of the soil, rescue the forest and so on. so yes, there will be the problem, but with the water resource.
balest

Post by balest »

I don't think the problem is that we don't have enough food, in my opinion in developed countries some people spend a lot

of money on dietes which mean we eat more than we need on the other hand some companies and farmers throw away

or burn the products in order to increase artificially prices.
we should farm the seabed te produce vegetables and fishes and think about how many kilogrames of vegetables we need

to turn into a kilogram of meat.
once we have considered those things we'll see we'll have food for a long time
Aimee

Post by Aimee »

Of course food is not a problem. World is full of resources though we destroy and pollute the nature. Poverty is the main problem today. This is because of corruption. So Money gets stagnated with one part of people in the world.This is what the reason to see extremely rich people and extremely poor people. This is also the reason for the increasing prices of products. This is my point of view.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Hi,,

I think if people continue to grow, we will witness famine on a larger scale. if we think about it, now we have enough food for everybody on our planet but still in Africa and other places people die of hanger. It is complicated, there is enough food but we have a proplem with distributing this food. tecnology i think will be one solution for this problem as we witness an increasing development in the genetically modified crops although this technique needs a lot of experiments and time so we can be fully aware of its effects and hazards beside other issues related to it.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

No. People will learn new ways how to solve the problem. We are all by nature resourceful creatures. Even small animals learn ways how to solve their own problems why can't we.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

TalkingPoint wrote:If the population continues to increase there will come a point in the future when the earth will not be able to produce enough food to support the human race.

Do YOU agree :?:

Reply: No. People will learn new ways how to solve the problem. We are all by nature resourceful creatures. Even small animals learn ways how to solve their own problems why can't we.
emresenoglu

Post by emresenoglu »

Food prices are rising continuously. That will be a big problem in the future. Poor people are feeding themselves hardly today. As poor people world's %80 population.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

No I dont believe with this ideology. It doesnt matter howmany people are on earth, GOD always feed everyone and provide us food whereever we are and in whatever condition we are whether rich or broke still we get something to eat. So it doesnt affect on the people.
Hyunju

Post by Hyunju »

I don't know well if I'm too optimistic on our science and technology, but I think that the earth will be able to produce enough food to support the human race. They predicted, in 2050, there will be 9 billion people in the whole world. And the great increase will be in developing countries. Then, the world will get involved in food crisis.

Yes, the ground or the fields might not be enough to produce crops in quality and quantity in order to feed all people on earth, but what we have is developing technology. We already have many kinds of GMF (Genetically Modified Food). For example, there is vegetation which is similar with an original potato, but can be grown in the dry area lika Africa. Also, we can see many results of efforts to modify food in a better size and nutrition, such as Super Corn.

Besides, what we can bet our hope are the associations fighting against hunger. WFP, World Food Programme, is working to help prevent hunger in the future. They use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. Aside from it, there are many associations fighting against hunger now and for future ─ ONE, which fights extreme poverty, ActionAid International, which works for helping poor people own power to fight poverty.

If we are aware of the crisis and participate in the projects that help the poor, study methods to survive in the future, and accumulate money for it by our concern and sympathy, there is a way, definitely.
Elisa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elisa »

I think our Earth and, above all its creative and smart inhabitants will solve this problem.
Probably they will create a POPULAR, CHEAP bar with all the indispensable nutrients we need in a day.
They will have different flavours and smells.

What we are going to lose will be the pleasure and the joy of eating . For Example: if we will have the chance to eat an apple bar or a Camembert, lettuce and baguette bar it will be not the same as biting a fragrant baguette with Camembert and fresh lettuce or a juicy,crunchy apple..... :-(

I think we should change our thought about food. No more food as a pleasure but food as something that permit us to live. It is a pity!

How many TV programmes will be delete when it’ll happen? :lol: :lol: