Here are my exact problems with these sentences:
1. I'm not sure whether this sentence is talking about how writing became into existence or how an individual can start writing or how to start a good essay, etc.
2. Does it mean, ‘An imaginative person should not worry about the fact that his/her life is routine’ or ‘There should be spice in in an imaginative person’s life’ or something else?
3. I cannot fathom out what rejecting an offer has to do with not being hasty.
4. I guess the general meaning is that ‘the reckless young man claimed the lottery prize by mistake, since he had misread his number’. But the sentence structure is unfamiliar for this interpretation using the infinitive ‘to find’.
5. The chief question mark over this sentence is the meaning of ‘turn up’.