Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Loreley

Re: Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Postby Loreley » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:54 am

Hi eveyone!

I don't think that dreams have a speacial meaning for us. Our brain assimiliate all the things, experiences and thoughts of our daily life … dreams are like a mirror of our unconsciousness.
When we feel pain or fear or happiness, then we can live through these moments or feelings in our dreams. Maybe it is possible, that a dream can give you inspiration for the solution of a problem or it inspires you for some ideas. But that's all. People shouldn't think about their dreams too much … it is better to think more about life :-)

At the moment I'm dreaming of spring ... but it's still wintertime :cry:

oliwells

Postby oliwells » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:34 am

I'm not a psychologist but according to what I have read in psychology book about dream.
Dream is present in our subconscious mind. It is a reflection of what is inside our subconscious mind. Thus, we see events of images when we are sleep. In my opinion dream can mean something only if you will believe in what you have dream. So, it is a matter of claiming that it mean something.

Elearner

Postby Elearner » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:30 am

Yes, dreams are way of nature on telling or informing us about something that we (must) need to do. Or others that may affect our environment like friendships work, family and even future. I’ve actually dream a lot and every dream differ from other, which I think have a significant relation to what I’m doing currently.

Dreams are many interpretations regardless of what have you dreamed of. But, it’s up to you if you will believe or ignore them. As much as I can remember, the most common fictitious dreams that I’ve is falling from a high-rise building. Therefore, I think that I may fall to something I don't know. What I can only think is, to fail on achieving my goal; and that’s why I keep on doing what I need to do to achieve it.

kassliw

Postby kassliw » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:32 pm

I think dreams are often our deep-seated fears or worries going around in our head when we are asleep. Sometimes past events can relive themselves in a dream until they are recognised and dealt with.

Klaudyna

Postby Klaudyna » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:41 pm

I don't believe that our dreams mean something because they are create thanks to our imagination. What is more I think that our dreams are not true and sometimes they tell the stories which we want to experience. Nevertheless in my opinion dreams are necessary in our lifes because thanks to them we can fulfill our dreams in the imaginary world.

lesoli

Postby lesoli » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:13 pm

I think that some dreams can mean something. Some people have prothetic dreams and it comes true, but some people like me have strange dreams and it doesn't mean anything. People by years want to know if dreams mean something that's why they write book of dream interpretations. ;-)

alicjapie

Postby alicjapie » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:26 pm

I often dream, but I don't interpret them. Many people believe in different meanings of dreams. Moreover, They looking for interpretation of various books. I think it's stupid, because belief in dreams is just superstitio.

mcIlob

Postby mcIlob » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:41 pm

I think that our dreams mean something, but not always. Everyone can interpret their dream however they want. I can say that almost all my dreams mean something. Sometimes I have prophetic dreams which turn out to be the true. For example when I have nightmares I can suppose that in a short time something bad will happen. I think it is an evidence that our dremas can mean something for us.

krozmar

Postby krozmar » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:15 pm

I believe that our dreams mean something. We often dream about the experiences of the past. But sometimes we dream of things that have not happened yet. I dreamed once that my grandfather died from cancer. After one year it turned out that my grandfather had cancer and died two years later.

wojcieszek

Postby wojcieszek » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:05 pm

I don't believe that our dreams mean something.

I don't remember my dreams but one day I have a dream about I was falling out of the building.

I have never had a prophetic dream.

irenapol

Postby irenapol » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 pm

It seems to me that dreams are the reaction of our mind to what we've experienced or what we feel emotional about. But they do not really mean anything. Though people have been trying to find some deeper sense in their dreams for ages. That's why books about interpreting our dreams sell so well. Anyway, everyone can believe in whatever he wants to as long as it doesn't harm others. As for me, I don't believe that dreams have some meaning, I don't remember them very often, though sometimes I feel woried if I dream of something bad happening to me or my dearest people.

emilkatok

Postby emilkatok » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 pm

I think that our dreams mean somenthing. A lot of people have prophetic dreams. When we have problem or when we worry about something we experience that when we sleeping. We often imagine our desires. My mother say that we should interpreting dream but in opposite mean. For example, when we dreaming about somthing badly we probably succeed in reality.

StoKin

Postby StoKin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:35 pm

In my point of view our dreams have a lot of different meaning. Usually we dream about our desires and concerns, this is why people are looking meanings of dreams in special books or at a fortune-tellers. We can find out something about our future. For example healthy tree in our dreams means luck, recovery or good message but damaged tree is a sign of problems, failure or worries.. I think that it is better to dream about good things.

dariakur

Postby dariakur » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:45 pm

In my front of view dreams are stroris in our imagination. It doesn't mean anything, there are only images in somebody's head. I don't remember my dreams, but when I was a child I dreamed about space and cows :o And this does not mean that I should buy cow and teach it to fly. It's funny that people believe in dreams, really. Prephetic dreams don't exist! Science exists only!!!

Tkiewicz

Postby Tkiewicz » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:00 pm

I think that dreams are only dreams and often we don't remember they. Dreams doesn't mean something but they can show what makes us fear or something which is stressfull for us. I often have a dream about holidays, so I think it shows that I have enough of school, but it doesn't have some diply sense. What is more... I'm sure that everyone have ever had dream about falling down, it is most meaningless dream

olamro

Postby olamro » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:31 pm

I think that our dreams mean something, because we usually dream about things that we worry about or what we would like to come true. When we think about something all day, we dream about it. Sometimes people have a prophetic dreams, but they don't always mean something. Also I think that they depend on our humor.

rokwysocka

Postby rokwysocka » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Our dreams reflect what happen in our life every day. I think dreams show the deepest emotions and thoughts, which we often hide consciously from ourselves, so they refer to our fears and banned desires, consequently they are connected with our future. It happenes some dream can come true, because we aim subconsciously to do this.
I have rarely remembered my dreams recently. In my mind it is because my subconscious is intoxicated by excess of learning. My last dream was about physics and maths. It was strange. I had to solve the riddle associated with this subjects. The last I remember are the huge tree and gouges in the ground.
I have never had a prophetic dream, but sometimes I have "deja vu" and then I wonder if I dream about it. I don't cross out the thought dreams can help us to predict the future, but I don't believe in it in all. ;-)

szuder

Postby szuder » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:04 pm

In my opinion, dreams mean a lot in our lives. They can predict the future, something nice or not. Books such as sennik suggest to us the importance of dreams, by what we can expect out what will become in the future.

OlgaHelga

Postby OlgaHelga » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:17 pm

I believe in it, because sometimes my dreams come true when I wake up or later.I see dreams quite rarely, from time to time I see something like horrors, or it may be happy delightful dreams. While I am sleeping I can achieve my goals in my dream and then it helps me to fulfil what I would like to do in my life. Dream is a significant part of our life. If we don't sleep proper time we will not have capability to work or study or fulfil domestic ussues. Dreams can put us ahead or deprive our strength.

tweetycuty

Postby tweetycuty » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:26 pm

well i believe that our dreams do mean something. Usually what we think about before going to bed will comes in our dreams. Some times they may be nice and some times nightmares what ever it may be, i can remember all of my dreams and used to tell them to my family. Some people believes that "the things come in our dream would come true. If you get pleasant dream, it was no problem whether you share it with any one or not. But if you have a bad dream then you should tell that to some one. Then it will not happen in real." For me some times my dreams happen in real and after that I realize that i had seen it on my dream .

MajaPu

Postby MajaPu » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:23 pm

I think i'm believe in it (dreams mean sth) :)
Some of my dreams foretell the future and this is really weird, and if my dream is good i think "that day will be really good", but if my dream is bad then- Dear God why haha :)
And when i have dream i always check them in "dreambook" and always, really always- everything comes true x)

Return to “Talking Point Discussion”