Need a review on my English

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

lengftw

Need a review on my English

Post by lengftw »

Hi,

I will be great-full for someone's help with the following text I wrote:
Last summer I have had a great vacation. I traveled with my family to Barcelona and it was my first time abroad. I had a lot of fun seeing another country. We stayed there for a short time - only a week. But we saw many things in that short time.
The most noticeable thing there were the unique buildings and the hot weather. I think the buildings are the result of a famous architect and the culture.
While we were there we watched a football game in a great stadium. We also have been in the museum of Picasso.
overall, it was a great experience and I am very glad I have been there. I wish to see other places in the world in the future.
Thank you!!!
Serendipity

Re: Need a review on my English

Post by Serendipity »

I wouldn't change much of this. I removed a few words, took out a full stop and swapped it for a comma so that it flowed easier.

Last summer I had a great vacation. I traveled with my family to Barcelona and it was my first time abroad. I had a lot of fun seeing another country. We only stayed there for a week, but we saw many things in that short time.
The most noticeable things were the unique buildings which are the result of a famous architect, the hot weather and the culture.
While we were there we watched a football game in a great stadium. We also went to the museum of Picasso.
Overall, it was a great experience and I am very glad I have been there. I wish to see other places in the world in the future.