Do we communicate more with our eyes than with words?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Do we communicate more with our eyes than with words?

Post by TalkingPoint »

People communicate more with their eyes than with words. Discuss.

Wordchecker
communicate: express an idea; share information

Read about Eye Contact
phorntita

Re: Do people communicate more with their eyes than with words?

Post by phorntita »

Yes, we should call it a kind of " Body Language" which I think people who pay much attention to this aforesaid language can easily notice it. Especially in adults or mature ones who tend to use this kind of language without saying or asking much words when interacting towards others. This is my view point. How do you score me? How many marks do I get?
<(:>)X
Atluri

Post by Atluri »

yes,we give wish,smile and some expressions through eyes.but words give clear idea to others i think people communicate more with words than their eyes
reedom

Post by reedom »

No, eyes work just as a part of communicational function. To talking of more or less is depends on situation.

There is a situation comedy `An angry man with a whole smile'. He has a bright face, fully smiled eyes but shout out with strong anger tone.
Does spectator rate him happy? Nope.
In this case the more-or-less argument is less meaning; they feel his eyes are just pretending.
LEATRICE

Re: Do we communicate more with our eyes than with words?

Post by LEATRICE »

I guess communication first starts with words, and later as it progresses, we need eyes to flourish and facilitate more profound communication.
Words can always fool others, while, you know, eyes comparatively are less deceptive I suppose?
themoonlight

Post by themoonlight »

yes people communicate each other thrught the eyes some time it becom like gestures and it express the idea or the mean of person alo lead to understandsome time.
lyphan

Post by lyphan »

there are so many means of communication, such letter, telephone, direct conversation, so on. Discussing about eyes contact relates to direct conversation.
it depends on situations. for example a true eye is better than that you say a thousand times " i love you" to who you love when he/ she is in trouble. But you cannot use eyes contact without words to your partners when you start new business.
anuu

Post by anuu »

and i think that it is not entirely true. we cant talk with eyes..it is our face, our gestures, moves...and that's what can be more clear than words. we can say something untrue but if someone can read our motion, he would know that we arent telling the truth. so yes, we communicate more but not with eyes but with body.
meylenlau

Post by meylenlau »

Hi,
Generally , those who can speak usually communicate with a language. We speak and write to pass our massages.When speaking is involved, the nonverbal signs such as hand gestures,eye-contact, body posture and so forth are too helping to express . Thus , we don't use eyes more than words. But , it helps to express the messages more effectively .
In some situations where speaking are not possible, such as in the library, hospital, run into a pretty girl with a partner beside her.... and so forth, we do try to use eyes and hand gestures to communicate.
Even those who are mute do not communicate with eyes only ,instead they use signs language. Babies who can't speak too don't use eyes to communicate, they cry, laugh, babbling , cooing and body language....
Those who are in love maybe experiencing communicating with eyes more than words??? Ha! Ha! Ha!!!{-: :lol: :roll:
tron

Post by tron »

I'm watching that show "Lie to me" and the British man is incredible, he's capable to identify if a person is lying just by identyfing microexpressions, that man and other persons like him would be very useful in trials and interrogations of perps once these lyning detection techniques are more developed and accepted.
coolg

Post by coolg »

Like what is said above, the way we communicate depends on everyone and every situations. Sometimes, verbal communication is more needed than the eye contact, otherwise, it's the opposite case.

Whaterver the case, eyes are more confident than conversations. They can reflect the truth that lies within us.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

Well I think most of the people communicate more thru their hands and fingers expressions rather than words or eyes.
rokwysocka

Post by rokwysocka »

In my opinion it is true. Signs which we send by our gazes are often natural reaction make by our brains, so this kind of communication is truer.We send this signs all time even to unknown people who we accidentally met. In contrast words are rarely used.
wojcieszek

Post by wojcieszek »

In my opinion the eyes can be used to communicate. Looking someone in the eye, we can determine whether telling the truth. Another thing is that people often fall in love when you look at each other.
mcIlob

Post by mcIlob »

I agree with that we can communicate with our eyes, but from my point of view we don't do this often than communicate with words. I believe we use eyes to communicate as often as words. We can express a lot of things using eyes and words separately and concomitantly too.
lesoli

Post by lesoli »

According to me we can communicate with our eyes. I think that we do it as often as useing words. Sometimes you don't need words to say something for example your friend and she or he will understand you.
Klaudyna

Post by Klaudyna »

In my opinion people communicate more with their eyes than with words because for example when we talk with someone and we look in his/her eyes we alwasy can see if this person is lying or telling the truth. What is more when we know someone since our birth and we spend with this person a lot of free time sometimes we do not need to talk to know about what this person is thinking at the moment.
alexandra

Post by alexandra »

Acording to me, it is true. People communicate more with eyes than words, because eye contact is the most important thing in conversation. When you say something you can lie, but eyes always say the truth. I would rather talking face to face than f.e. chatting.
RogelikIID

Post by RogelikIID »

I think that basis of interpersonal communication are the words but during difficult discussion people often lie. Telling lies is very easy its only few words but we can fast note it when we look in someone eyes. Eyes always say the truth.
dariakur

Post by dariakur »

We communicate more than words, when we speaking to each other, but the real question is, which communicate is more important? We always speaking to communicate, it cant be different, but in the most of situation words arent enought. You can see from eyes that somebody want to say something completly different, or you can see feeling this person, it is really important not only words.
Milllkaaaa

Post by Milllkaaaa »

I'm agree with this sentence.
Our eyes usually say true. If we are sad, are eyes are sad.
In the world there are a lot of people who can talk everythink about ourselves. Probably, in our eyes can look our nature and soul.
During communicate, eyes have a great role. They help us to fully understand other person, because they express all feelings.
JaviLópez

Post by JaviLópez »

I don't really know if we communicate more with our eyes, but I think that we communicate other things with our eyes, or in general, with our body or with the nonverbal communication. There are so many things that we lose when we have a written conversation, in chats or forums, because we can't know what intonation is using the other person or, most important, which are the feelings that the other person are feeling in that moment. That's one of the biggest inputs of nonverbal communication, without words, another person can tell what is happening to you only by looking at you.
Backstorygirl

Post by Backstorygirl »

I attended a sales presentation about 20 years ago, and what I still remember from that is this statistic: 93% of communication is non-verbal. I think of how many times I meet people and they tell me their name, and I forget it the next second. But I can remember the person's eye color. I think there is more to communication than words, but what percent I am not sure,
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

It depends on your daily activities.

If you work as a telephone operator, you communicate more with words than your eyes.
We're all friends, right?