Look around. What have you noticed?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderator: EC

Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Look around. What have you noticed?

Post by Krisi »

I think this is a fun way to exchange words with you? Whether your staying home, or have just arrived from a long trip, vacation or years of long work abroad you will notice something new around you. Even characters of people will be quite obvious in some situations.

Have a good day!
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Look around. What have you noticed?

Post by Krisi »

everyone pretends that they don't know anything now. :roll:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

How many people are keeping Pandora's box? What's the priz(c)e for keeping it?
esl member since 2007
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

That poor little pigeon at a subway station who hops around on one leg is a social outcast.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

the butchery is moving to another location.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

my last post on this board disappear! :roll:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

one person appeared to be promoting one company because that is what they use and it is cheap there... well, everybody has reasons why preferences varies. Don't pretend you don't know that... :roll:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

he/she (I don't know the gender) destroyed someone's family.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

OMG! a he used the female toilet... is that a he or a she? :roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Tourists like to stand in the middle of a busy sidewalk to read their maps, make a phone call, or simply decide where to eat.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

there are some people who want to connect us/involve us in some situations...I don't know for what reason. :evil: (stay away from us will you?)
esl member since 2007
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

boring day!
TV shows on almost all channels have the same concept. ???
esl member since 2007
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

people believing in gossips! because of the truth that they don't know what to share.
esl member since 2007
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

I just wish I have money to take my master's degree so that I could teach too.
esl member since 2007
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:I just wish I have money to take my master's degree so that I could teach too.
this is because wherever I turn my head, everybody now is teaching... they have no idea where to apply the course they have finished because they are all busy watching another person instead of themselves. Most of them snatched other people's identity instead of focussing on what they can do out of what they already have acquired even to the point of destroying the other person and his/her family. :evil:
esl member since 2007
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

I hope the TV show at this time (here) won't lead to obesity. I am just trying to be honest.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:I hope the TV show at this time (here) won't lead to obesity. I am just trying to be honest.
Oh! they changed their program, no food tasting and restau... endorsement... :-D
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

so, I think it's nice to see an all stars bowling tournament {-; :-)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

only to have realized later that your favourite cable channels are not available.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

are you sure that the places where they will work have access to fb? you are putting people in trouble dear.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

the ladies in charge of cleaning the street here (Ph 3) do not want to feel tired... she (they) might as well not work at all. And so in that case she do not deserve to be paid no matter how small. She should just go find another job.
After I cleaned all the fallen leaves in front of our house, I asked the ladies already cleaning the street to please just collect the leaves I gathered on one side... she then replied don't you have garbage bag to place this, I said no I don't have. I jokingly questioned her if the buying of the garbage bags not included in the Christmas money they collect from us. She said, no... of course I know, but the idea I want to pass on to her is, they are so quick in collecting Christmas money but that one favour I asked from her thinking that she is at the same time cleaning outside already seems to be a burden for her. She insisted that the garbage is ours though the tree where the leaves came from are abviously from outside of my area already and outside anyone's house. In spite of this, I spend time(which is not my work already) from time to time (everyday) to clean all those fallen leaves along the road in front of our house... but the road cleaner themselves complain of their work. My advice to her is, she should not work there if she doesn't want to get tired.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:the ladies in charge of cleaning the street here (Ph 3) do not want to feel tired... she (they) might as well not work at all. And so in that case she do not deserve to be paid no matter how small. She should just go find another job.
After I cleaned all the fallen leaves in front of our house, I asked the ladies already cleaning the street to please just collect the leaves I gathered on one side... she then replied don't you have garbage bag to place this, I said no I don't have. I jokingly questioned her if the buying of the garbage bags not included in the Christmas money they collect from us. She said, no... of course I know, but the idea I want to pass on to her is, they are so quick in collecting Christmas money but that one favour I asked from her thinking that she is at the same time cleaning outside already seems to be a burden for her. She insisted that the garbage is ours though the tree where the leaves came from are abviously from outside of my area already and outside anyone's house. In spite of this, I spend time(which is not my work already) from time to time (everyday) to clean all those fallen leaves along the road in front of our house... but the road cleaner themselves complain of their work. My advice to her is, she should not work there if she doesn't want to get tired.
you wouldn't want to see and help people like those unless you are like them... :-D
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Krisi wrote: you wouldn't want to see and help people like those unless you are like them... :-D
:nok:

You wouldn't want to see and help people like those even if you are like them . :ok:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

reindeer wrote:
Krisi wrote: you wouldn't want to see and help people like those unless you are like them... :-D
:nok:

You wouldn't want to see and help people like those even if you are like them . :ok:
:-)
benachir

Post by benachir »

1/I spend time (which is not my work already) from time to time .... is correct, but you wrote time three times ... does it not better to use "every now and then" instead from time to time? 2/between the brackets you wrote "which is not my work already": the idea is understandable but the brackets came just after I spend time; So? at witch the phrase between the brackets do refer? does it no better to write:" on doing something which is not my work already"? Please don't hesitate to correct me if i am wrong.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Krisi wrote: :-)
:!!:
benachir

Post by benachir »

This morning I got a look on the backyard, through my window, I noticed two cats enjoying the warm sunbeams. Then the male get started harassing the female which seemed bothered. whenever the male approached her, the female was moving further ..... she acted like that three or four times. I noticed she did not move that far and as soon she moved on a bit, she stopped and threw a blink to the male which male restarded "harassing' the female. After a while, the female stopped moving and surrunded, .... like it was never bothered.
benachir

Post by benachir »

I'll be aknoledged to everyone do fix my mistakes
benachir

Post by benachir »

like it was never been bothered
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:the ladies in charge of cleaning the street here (Ph 3) do not want to feel tired... she (they) might as well not work at all. And so in that case she do not deserve to be paid no matter how small. She should just go find another job.
benachir wrote:1/I spend time (which is not my work already) from time to time .... is correct, but you wrote time three times ... does it not better to use "every now and then" instead from time to time? 2/between the brackets you wrote "which is not my work already": the idea is understandable but the brackets came just after I spend time; So? at witch the phrase between the brackets do refer? does it no better to write:" on doing something which is not my work already"? Please don't hesitate to correct me if i am wrong.
1. I spend time(which is not my work already) from time to time (everyday) to clean all those fallen leaves along the road in front of our house... but the road cleaner themselves complain of their work.

-I want to emphasize here my irregularity in doing the work each day because I have other works to attend to. Sometimes I can do it once a day and there are times I can do it twice a day and sometimes I have no time to do it in a day at all. I think using "every now and then" is your personal choice so I see nothing wrong using it too but I personally chose from "time to time" in that context which for me gives 2 meanings.

2. I spend time(which is not my work already) from time to time (everyday) to clean all those fallen leaves along the road in front of our house...

- I just want to show that the statement in bracket could be omitted. then for me even if I also omit the adverb of time and the adjective "everyday" .... it will not affect what I want to express. As I was typing the statement all those thoughts in between just came to my mind so I just added it. I am not following any rule there... :-)

thanks for spending a bit of your time reading my sentiments.
benachir

Post by benachir »

Thank you for your reply. I do learn from you. My goal as an English learner is to be able to express my self (speaking automaticaly) and, gradually, to gain fluency. Your Forum topic attracts me because it get a kind of freedom to write just about everything. So don't be upset about which I wrote about your text. It's just my ackward way to confront my own knowledge (or my lack of knowledge) to yours in order to learn (from you).
benachir

Post by benachir »

erratum: it gets. By the way, my main language is French and I have to deal with that while to express my self in English
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

benachir wrote:Then the male get started harassing the female which seemed bothered.
hehe, they always act like that. Female cats call it 'preludium to a relationship' and, I believe they enjoy this part of a play most of all.
You said that she seemed to be bothered. I wonder, have you got it from the expression of her face? :~:
benachir

Post by benachir »

When it comes you remember events occured to you or you where witness far time ago, you'll get a good memory because your mind has burried deeply all the stuffs in it which may make you unconfortable. Or the single fact you remember that event to you scary you at the point to paralyse you. Is that due the way you to feel the things (your own psychological architecture) or is it due to the event itself?
benachir

Post by benachir »

to scary you
benachir

Post by benachir »

May be its face showed some signs of nervousness which should be added at the speedy flapping of its wings {-;
benachir

Post by benachir »

May be I should wrote: should be added to
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Man, you seem to have inclination to writing. Where do you live, French guy?
BTW, you can edit your posts, whenever you see mistakes, do you know? Just click on the 'pen' icon.
benachir

Post by benachir »

Thanks friend for the advice! I am an Algerian guy who (of course) masters French better than many French people, due the history of my country which has been rulled by France about 130 years(1830-1962). We used to say "French is a kind of battelfield loot" hhhhhh I write poetry and short novels in French. French is my main language. I hope someday to reach the same fluency In English. Really I do my best for that. {-:
benachir

Post by benachir »

If you get wandering over Algiers streets, you may notice numerous madman(women). Each one have got its own way to express his (her)self. Some get into an endless speech. Some others walk in strange way. But which is noticable is the fact they live among the inhabitants (bypassers) in quite good harmony. It's like you have two worlds in the same area. May be the real mad are not those act weirdly but those who seem acting casually.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

I have been meeting a lot of bad people... even if I do good to them they still do something bad to me. it just makes me cry when I am alone. If you do something good to those who are already bad the more they will do something bad to you because they are always thinking that they are just lucky. I really hope and pray that this kind of system will change.
benachir

Post by benachir »

Be strong! Be confident! be yourself ..... it does not matter how other people are bad or not .... the key is to be one's self ..... to get rid of people who do not fit you .... who only bring you sadness or bad-being ... there are a lot of people who desserve more your friendship ..... don't care about people who don't desserve that .... be quiet .... be happy .... the world is so wide .... be Krisi
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Krisi doesn't like reindeer :cry: always no spek to them :~: ignoring him it makes reindeers veery sad, reindeer wanna say he is kind and frendly you break my heart :-(
benachir

Post by benachir »

They were numerous sailors who leaved their homeland, their mothers, their lovers, their children, their freinds .... who, at the risk of their lives, went to discovery of new word. During a huge amount of time, defying the storms and the acalmies, they fought, they strove, they got illness ... for the sake of being real men
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

recently, I realized that there are some people here online who are pretending as someone from another country... :roll: (someone's watching you, I am telling you)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

You are not helping at all!!! You are just destroying lives of other people...
if you are angry to the world examine yourself first.
benachir

Post by benachir »

I feel like I have been involved in something which is not my business. Like a story of love with some scenes of households where complaining and recriminations replace love's words :-?
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

:-)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

hmmm... is that so...
esl member since 2007
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

...their goodbye is long overdue because they were still enjoying the benefits of what they can get out of it. They just let themselves be carried by someone who has no business with them because if they come out in the open they will be rejected by many.