Tips to improve English!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

MsJen&Co

Re: Tips to improve English!

Post by MsJen&Co »

Thos are all great ideas.

I a few other languages and am learning Mandarin (oh my goodness that is rough). I use a lot of the things that you mentioned to help me learn. I particulary like the children's magazine suggestion. That really works and has helped me learn a lot in the past.

Seems like you are doing well with your English. Keep it up :)
keithsmith

Post by keithsmith »

I think, not too much struggle is required, just reading the english newspapers daily will definitely improves your english with the passage of time.
Xamgin

Post by Xamgin »

Hi!
Am totally agree with you and It was useful post!!
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
Albert

Post by Albert »

Definitely! by reading English newspapers daily we can improve our anguish. It really works. Its my personal experience.
adamzie

Post by adamzie »

i also agree with ur tips
Robertjack

Post by Robertjack »

English is an international language. There are many reasons why people from all over the world might need to improve their English: for business, for satisfaction or because they have gone to live in an English speaking country. Whatever the reason, here I am going to share some tips to improving your English:
• Watch English language television and movies.
• Listen to the radio
• Read English newspapers regularly
• Use the internet
• Choose an English book series and read them for practice.
• Try to speaking English wherever you can.
• Read children's magazines.
HaroldNHulse

Post by HaroldNHulse »

Read a book, newspaper or journal in English that is just above your current level of reading with a dictionary. This will help to learn new vocabulary words in a fun way. This is also a great tip for improving English in a technical field. Even by spending a mere 15 minutes a day, your skills can improve drastically. Listen to speeches or watch movies or documentaries in areas you aren't familiar with are fun tips on improving English. This activity will help improve listening and vocabulary at the same time. At first you can use subtitles, then turn the subtitles off when the listening part of this activity becomes easier.Learning grammar is an essential tool for English. Knowing English grammar inside and out is one of the top tips on learning English.Improve English Knowledge is really helpful in our business,working place and other place.Improve in English is really helpful to my work in Kerala Real Estate Services and it helped to gave my working details about others.
fleance

Post by fleance »

You can also read english stories books and watch english movies.
hyemikim

Post by hyemikim »

Yeah i also agree with u.
I could learn and understand english easily when i was talkin with children. In addition, i recommend you american drama such as 'friends' 'bigbang theory' . You can learn some expression which is used in real America
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Your suggestions here are all informative and practical to all of us.
And may I add; if you are really eager and wished to go deeper to learning more about the language, below is the English club link that will also help you get a clear understanding of the system and structure of the English language. Also on the same link you can make use of the different exercises which I find easy-to-use to improve our 4 language skills.

You may copy and paste on your search engine the English club link for learners;
https://www.englishclub.com/learn-english.htm

For questions we can help each other here at the forum or consult our English teachers here online.

Good luck everyone.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

You may find some of the topics on forums, "Grammar Help" and, "English Language FAQ" helpful too.

http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/v ... c7872b46d2 and,
http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/v ... c7872b46d2
Amelie

Post by Amelie »

Everybody wants to be able to speak English like a native speaker,but English pronunciation is always a big problem to ESL learners.You can use the phonetic alphabet page as a guide to pronouncing new words.If you can master the American pronunciation then you are not far from the British.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Amelie wrote:Everybody wants to be able to speak English like a native speaker,but English pronunciation is always a big problem to ESL learners.You can use the phonetic alphabet page as a guide to pronouncing new words.If you can master the American pronunciation then you are not far from the British.
You might want to read along with a teacher for your speaking, reading and listening practices. The speaking exercises are good as reading and listening exercises too . The recorded exercises on different topics are always ready for learners. You can start your practice with the greetings... (just don't forget to press the play button. :-) ) Be ready with your ear phone so that you can hear them clearly.
Please copy and paste on your search engine the link below;

https://www.englishclub.com/speaking/index.htm

Good luck! :-)
esl member since 2007
BloomingMarvelous

Post by BloomingMarvelous »

Hello - here is a post on English greetings which may complement your suggested activity to practice greetings. This is a post on the different ways to say hello and goodbye in English -