Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

This is our menu

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Mortaza,

The smell of fried egg cover all the kitchen space, the shining radishes are winking on fresh vegetables, green pepper and salt are beside the pan, hot sesame bread.
This is our menu, no need to spoon and fork, with a big piece of bread take half of the eggs from the pan and put a handful vegetable inside the bread beside the fried egg, put it in the mouth.
In this cuisine nothing spare, no need to wash the plate, no spoon and fork, when finish, the pan is put in the sink, immersing for one hour, a volunteer is wanted to wash it

You welcome to my workshop
Mohsen
Last edited by Mohsen on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

servant of Kabeh

Post by Mohsen »

How we can comfort the bereaved families
These days I make some photos to revealed the real face of so called servant of Kabeh
This the less thing I can do

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

White Lie

Post by setareh »

Dear Hurieh how are you doing? I hope everything is great with you. Thanks for giving us a reason to write. You asked us about our opinion for white lie. There is no doubt that honesty is the best policy, because to support a lie we have to tell another lie and this process would go on; if we don’t do anything about it, it would turn into habit. A bad habit which might be so strong to overcome.
Once I was listening to a person’s speech and he pointed out that absolute honesty might not be necessary “ oh you look ugly today”, but honesty tempered with love would be the best.
In my opinion if we try to boost someone’s self-confidence or persuade them to enhance what they are doing; there is nothing wrong with telling white lie. I don’t mean to flatter someone by being dishonest, because in the long run it’s even more harmful than saying the bitter truth.
Sometimes by overlooking somebody’s faults and magnifying their good traits we are actually trying to help them, so I think if white lies are going to help someone are better than absolute honesty which might hurt people’s feelings and have negative impact on them. Let me give you an example; if you tell me “ setareh your writing is not good; you make so many mistakes. }: Is it going to help? Even if after what you said you try to introduce some nice books, but you already ruined my self-confidence and eager for writing. Now if you tell me that “Setareh you are good at writing, keep up the good work. :-D Although you make some mistakes but that’s the way we learn. We learn through our mistakes. So here you might tell me a little white lie, but you have tried to encourage me to write and this is my point.
Your white lie here is more likely to help me than your absolute truth. I hope I can convey my message.
Wish you all the best,
Setreh
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Welcome to this wonderful thread

Post by setareh »

Dear new friends Bahare, Behnaz, Lee Wooseok, Ritzkevin and Hamouza welcome to this thread. I hope we can read more from you guys. We are looking forward to knowing more about you. Besides that would be great to share your posts about different topics here with us. I hope you have a great time here learning.
Wish you all the best,
Setareh
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

White lies!

Post by behnam »

Hi all,

It was a grief to me that more than 4000 pilgrims died(were killed actually) because of carelessness, shortcoming, mismanagement, selfishness, arrogance, and irresponsibility of Saudi Arabia governments in Mina! What they did is not only against Islam, but also against humanity. They proved that they are still living based on their before-Islam ceremonies. Muslims should not forget this catastrophe. Although Mina revealed Saudi Arabia government's true personality, the price was unfortunately high!

About white lies, in my opinion, white lies are much better than black truths! However, how much white a lie can be?

All the best,
Behnam, 29 September, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
LeeWooseok

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by LeeWooseok »

Mohsen wrote:
Hi Wooseok,
I hope you enjoy during the Chuseok, What is the thanks giving day? , Is it a religious day ? In Iran we have not a special day for giving thanks, because the religious people every day thanks God for what is given to them.
In Iran we have national holiday , one day we call it Independent Oil day , and 7 days for new year.
For the proverb “They count their chicken at the end of fall”
It means that a wise person won’t be tempted by immediate result but see the end.
For example: one of student ( a lazy student ) doesn’t study hard during the semester, he also tease the other students with snide remarks, so the other students tell him “the chickens will be counted at the end of fall” it means, at the final exam when he get a bad mark ,he will be very sad ,he understands that you shouldn’t waste your time during the semester ,but at that time regretting has not any benefit for him .
Have a good day.
Mohsen
Hi Mohsen

It is been ages, and the Chuseok, Korean Thanks Giving day, was over. I was back to my university, so everything which I have done came back to routine. The Chuseok is not religious day. Yet, Korea society has been rooted in Confucianism, so many Korean people hold a memorial service for their ancestors in Confucian proprieties. Republic of Korea assures the freedom of religion, so in current society, it is not obligation to keep Confucian proprieties.

The proverb is very meaningful, and it makes me burn again. Recently, I have seen a movie named of "Sado", Sado is the name of crown prince killed by his father, King, at the time of the Joseon Dynasty, previous Korea. Its time background is 17~18C. In the movie, there was words that is very interesting. It is 'see the arrow that flies the sky, how honorable!'. I cannot appreciate the meaning perfectly yet, but maybe I know.

If it is possible to watch Korean Movie, I recommend you to see Sado that is based on Korea history. Performance was also the best and realistic.

Then, I have a lot more to say, but I will stop here for today.
Have a nice day.
Lee, Wooseok
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Garden!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

When there is a beautiful garden full of flowers, fruit trees, a pool in the middle of it, special care is needed to protect the garden from many dangers. Jealousy is one of the biggest threats to such a unique garden. The owners must be careful and armed with different weapons against any kind of threat! This is the rule in every aspect of life. If you don't arm yourself, you wife, your husband, ..what you own may be taken from you, either by direct fighting or with different tricks. We should be always armed against the enemies, since we have got a beautiful garden!

All the best,
Behnam, 1 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Amelie

Post by Amelie »

In Iran people don’t believe in what is rights in your society , as I said before what you consider as the rights for men and women in your society leads to the situation which you have now a days, I don’t want to explain about the situation of family and freedom of have sex … , and how many students and blacks should be killed because of the wrong freedom in your society.
skystar

Post by skystar »

Hello to all dear friends

After a few months of missing the thread I'm back again.I missed you all. Unfortunately, I had very difficult days in the last three months. Thanks God I'm getting better now. I'm very happy to see many new people have joined the thread :-).
Behnam, I hope you have done well in your exam (I wonder if you have taken your exam yet?) . I'm sure You will do well in your exam because you are a self confident knowledgeable man :-) .

Best
Sara

Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

About Caricatures!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Mohsen,

It’s really interesting to see everyone has their own perception out of a single picture, illustration, caricature, so on.

In fact, these two caricatures are separate and have no relation to each other. What I perceived out of these two caricatures are a little different.
In first caricature, the wife has regret about marrying with her husband, and is thinking of a magical or fictional way through which she could come back to the past and change her mind about her decision--marrying with this man.

And about the second picture, what a magnifier does is to let us see objects bigger than their real size. The picture shows a young man who is overstating and exaggerating about his skills, abilities, and strength to make her love (prey) fall in love (trap)… LOL... This is a common trick among some men in similar situations…Maybe the format differs from person to person. Heheheee

Thanks to you and my friends for giving your valuable ideas and opinions about the topic “whit lie”. I’ll write about it in the post after the next which is addressed to dear Setareh.

Regards,
Hurieh
Oct 2nd/ 2015
Last edited by Hurieh on Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Writing Papers

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Mortaza,

Thank you very much for your informative and comprehensive post about writing scientific papers. I like your style of writing which is the same as what we read from scientific writers. It sounds like you are an old hand in this context.

In medical sciences, articles mostly contain these parts: title/abstract/ introduction/method/results/discussion/conclusion/acknowledgement/and references. The most difficult part, when we start writing the proposal, is usually methodology. When it comes to writing paper out of our research study, however, writing conclusion can be a bit tough, especially for amateurs. Since, the researcher is expected to find reasonable connections and links between his/her findings and the available literature, and explain the reasons behind similarities and contrasts with his/her own words.

About the situation of research in our universities and colleges, recently, the number of articles published in high impact and ISI indexed journals will be weighed rather than the knowledge, qualifications, and skills of individuals in teaching. And strangely, the quantity counts more than the quality. Not only this atmosphere did present in our universities, but also it has spread among health care personnel too. I really disapprove of such a strategy, especially for whom they are involved in medical sciences--those who are dealing with lives of people. They have shifted their attention to raising the number of their published papers and forgotten what the main role of a professor, a physician, a nurse, and … is.

What’s the use of publishing these many articles in our country while we are teaching westerns textbooks at our universities? Why do our managers and administrators invest (or waste) the budget in these unnecessary things excessively? How many writers do care about ethical issues in doing their research studies? How reliable are these numbers and statistics which are being presented in papers?
I guess the most important reason lies in raising our ranking among the top universities around the world. But at what cost?!?

Anyway, I found it completely difficult and insane to swim against the flow. It would be like crawling in a sea with double effort without considering any destination and horizon. So, after learning English, I decided to learn how to write academic papers and scientific articles. It’s crucially important for those who are involved in medical majors to be able to read other researchers’ papers, and to generate their own discoveries to the previously published evidences in their own papers. The lifelong of medical science is too short, and we should be able to keep up with the rapid pace of knowledge in this context.

The link below was a helpful webpage in terms of checking for plagiarism and grammar mistakes, being familiar with the acceptable format of academic articles, and etc.

http://blog.paperrater.com/2015_06_01_archive.html

Look forward to your next brilliant posts.

Regards,
Hurieh
Oct 2nd/ 2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: White Lie

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Setareh,hi

How are you doing? I hope every thing is quite well with you and your lovely family.

To tell the truth, lie is an inevitable part of our lives, and we all tell lie, particularly to whom we are closer, care about a lot, and love.

Mohsen tells lie to his wife not to make her worried or sad. You prefer to tell lie not to make your friends disappointed. Behnam believes that telling white lie is better than black truth. I agree with all of you. You’ve put your ideas wisely. There is a saying that” Great minds think alike.” Winking and smiling!

As a matter of fact, we should consider the circumstances, and then, behave wisely according to the specific situation we are faced with--for example: choosing worse between worse and the worst. However, we should keep in mind that lie is lie—one of the biggest sins- even if it’s white. Poison is poison even if we add some water to it and decrease its dosage. Sometimes, we mean to fool others or be fooled by others with putting beautiful names on bad deeds and behaviors. What I’m trying to say, as you also mentioned, is that white lie will be poisonous in case it turns into a strong habit. We should be aware of that not to let it integrate with our daily habits.

By the way, I personally prefer bitter truth than white lie in most situations, especially when it shows me up with my weaknesses and shortcomings. Then it’ll turn into an opportunity to upgrade and progress. But I like to hear bitter truth from the mouth of those who are fair-minded. Some people put it into the trumpet to humiliate and degrade you.

Regards,
Hurieh
Oct 2nd/ 2015
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Samsung

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Wooseak,
One the famous brand in I Iran is Samsung, I can say that Samsung is in every home in Iran. Many people have Samsung mobile, The Galaxy S86 is the last version, Samsung refrigerator is most common as well as TV and many other devices, in fact when Iran was boycotted by USA and Europe, the Korean brands found a good market in Iran, many Industrial equipment which was formerly imported from Europe substituted by Korean brands. The European were deceived by USA and they lost one the biggest market. At present if boycott remove, the European can’t find their former position in Iran, because they can’t compete with Korean brands
What is most using brand in Korea ?
B. Wishes
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Take care Of your health

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Sara,

I hope you no more suffer from any kinds of difficulties , I thought what had happen for Sara when I read your post. as you said you are better now
Take care Of your health
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

applicable strategy

Post by Mohsen »

And about the second picture, what a magnifier does is to let us see objects bigger than their real size. The picture shows a young man who is overstating and exaggerating about his skills, abilities, and strength to make her love (prey) fall in love (trap)… LOL... This is a common trick among some men in similar situations…Maybe the format differs from person to person. Heheheee
Hi Hurieh,

As I read your writing I remembered the first time I met my wife , She peeled an orange and made a beautiful flower by the orange skin and gave it to me , she said here you are , this was the first time a girl gave me an orange which was beautifully decorated , with her ability and skill I fell in her trap easily , when my mother asked me , how did you evaluate the girl , I said I never eaten such delicious orange before ,she is ok
She still continue dividing the fruits in small pieces and put it in my mouth, and I am sure that she was a good choice for me
This is an applicable strategy , I suggest it to single girls if they want the boy falls in their trap {-: {-: {-:
all the best
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Let’s Celebrate Today !

Post by Hurieh »

To whom it may concern,

You kindly and patiently taught me how to spell and write words. Let’s see if I’ve got your lesson, and your remarkable attempts are paid …

T: Terrific
E: Energetic
A: Able
C: Cheerful
H: Hardworking
E: Enthusiastic
R: Remarkable

Yes… Today is World Teacher’s Day. Everyone who has had a great teacher agrees with this Japanese proverb that “ Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.”

There is no doubt that teaching is an important job and demanding of course. No matter to which culture, nation, and community we belong, we all respect our teachers, and consider them as great role models and angels in our lives all around the world. They are like fruitful trees which generously decline towards us in order to make it easy for us to reach their fruits of knowledge and wisdom. And they resemble shining stars whose words seem the glimmers of light in darkness of stupidity, or pieces of gold which glitter brightly, full of deep meanings and hints.

Great teachers can touch a heart, change a mind, and make a big change in someone’s life. They leave the picture and trace of love, kindness, patience, benevolence, and many similar positive traits on our souls, minds, and hearts. These are things that make our teachers unique and irreplaceable for us. We all owe them big time.

We have three great teachers among us. I found this opportunity to sincerely congratulate dear Behnam, Mortaza, Sara, my own great teachers, and all teachers around the world on this occasion. Happy Teacher’s Day to you, and God bless you all.
BIG bow!

Regards,
Hurieh
Oct 5th/ 2015
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Final Exam!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

I am leaving Tehran today. Tomorrow I will sit for Final written exam)Qualifying Exam). On Thursday I am having verbal exam. This will be my last educational exam in my life. Yes, that is true. I won't have exam anymore. How many exam have I had in my life? Countless! I am happy that this path is going to be finalized.

Please wish me luck. Please keep your fingers crossed for me! Please wish me success.

All the best,
Behnam, 6 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Once Again!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

I am leaving Tehran today. Tomorrow I will sit for Final written exam(Qualifying Exam). On Thursday I am having verbal exam. This will be the last educational exam in my life. Yes, that is true; the last one! I won't have exam anymore. How many exams have I had in my life? Countless! I am happy that this path is going to followed completely. I still vividly remember the first day of school. I cried a lot. My mother had to go to school herself. Well, she was a teacher. Sweet childhood!

Please wish me luck. Please keep your fingers crossed for me! Please wish me success!

All the best,
Behnam, 6 October, 2015

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Good Luck!

Post by Krisi »

behnam wrote:Hi friends,

I am leaving Tehran today. Tomorrow I will sit for Final written exam(Qualifying Exam). On Thursday I am having verbal exam. This will be the last educational exam in my life. Yes, that is true; the last one! I won't have exam anymore. How many exams have I had in my life? Countless! I am happy that this path is going to followed completely. I still vividly remember the first day of school. I cried a lot. My mother had to go to school herself. Well, she was a teacher. Sweet childhood!

Please wish me luck. Please keep your fingers crossed for me! Please wish me success!

All the best,
Behnam, 6 October, 2015

All the best! :-)
LeeWooseok

Re: Samsung

Post by LeeWooseok »

Mohsen wrote:
Hi Wooseak,
One the famous brand in I Iran is Samsung, I can say that Samsung is in every home in Iran. Many people have Samsung mobile, The Galaxy S86 is the last version, Samsung refrigerator is most common as well as TV and many other devices, in fact when Iran was boycotted by USA and Europe, the Korean brands found a good market in Iran, many Industrial equipment which was formerly imported from Europe substituted by Korean brands. The European were deceived by USA and they lost one the biggest market. At present if boycott remove, the European can’t find their former position in Iran, because they can’t compete with Korean brands
What is most using brand in Korea ?
B. Wishes
Mohsen

Hi Mohsen,
I am happy to hear that Samsung is one of the most common and popular brands in Iran. Actually, in Korea, there are many brands, including LG, Samsung, for appliances and electronic equipment, but my mobile phone is iPhone, and I think that Apple is top in Mobile market.

In current Korean society, many people preparing for getting a job want to enter Samsung or other leading companies, but, of course, it is very difficult, and getting a job is one of the most important problem in Korea society. We have to get an internship, volunteering, high English point, and extracurricular activities in the course of attending school. Now, these processes became basic requirement. Iran is also in the same with the situation of Korea?

Several years ago, I met an eye doctor of Iran at a conference, Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology, APAO. We had the same guest house in Busan, Korea, and also, we played a card game which he introduced. At that time, as you said, USA boycotted Iran with nuclear issues that I heard from news. Regardless of the situation of blockade, I spent a good time with him. Until now, I cannot forget playing the card game.

Two weeks later, I will be getting through mid-term exam. Mohsen, how was your school life? And how about Iran's student life?

Thank you, have a nice day!
Lee, Wooseok.
LOVELIFE

Post by LOVELIFE »

Hi there,

Need a little favor from you all, or rather advise.
Lately one of the manager from the sales division, keep asking me to extract the product list from the system where he can simply just pull from the system and yet when i ask him if he could just extract it out from the system...still give me all sort of nonsense..busy..no time to do the extraction.
However, i'm wondering if he really know how to extract/ generate the report. I don't mind sharing the steps with him or guide him thru.
Okie, enough of my whining...i'm going to write him an email which of course in a nice way...just somehow don't know how to get started with....need your expertise here.
I wanted to tell him that..it would be very useful for him if he can at least learn some basic on how to extract the report...so he could just simple extract the info at any point of time that he want to,indirectly will also help him to update on company products info with 100% accuracy. cause every now and then, he will have to depend on my broadcast on the changes once i have update the system. The company products handbook also have to depend on me to feed him with the info...my gosh.
Important note, this is really not my jobscope..and he always ask if i can do him a favor..by just email to him without keeping others in the loop.

Anyway...in the email i will screenshot the steps for him to follow...simplify one.

Looking forward to hear from you all...
Love Life
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

university

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Wooseak ,

One of my most favorite fruit is pomegranate , Very day I eat one or two pomegranates , In my city there are Pomegranate tree in the some houses ,in this season the Pomegranates are ripened and ready to picked up, The Pomegranate price is not expensive , it is under one dollar/Kg. Do you have Pomegranate in Korea market? I can export pomegranates to Korea ,if I find customer there.
About university , I finished my university many years ago, I remember , when I was a student , I wished my study in university never been finished. Because I liked my lecturers and my classmate very much.
Life in the university is unforgettable, because there are lots of talented people are around you, in dormitory and campus there are so much fun , I remember one of my friend who was crazy of drinking tea , He always brought a felax of tea in the class and sometime he poured a cup of tea for the lecturer and one cup for himself . of course he didn’t forget to fill my cup.
In Iran drinking tea is vital for many people , Some people drink tea three times per day or more , the felax of tea is always with many people , do people in Korea drink tea , how much they drink per day?

This one of university class in Iran , students wish to take a photo with their teacher and classmates
Have a good day
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Love Life

There is a proverb which say “give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime” , you should teach him how to use system and extract the report , and if he knows how to use the system ,but he is lazy ,he like to misuse you to work for him ..

so you should ask him to do something for you ,for example ‘ excuse me I didn’t bring my car today , I want you to take me my home at evening “ or “ excuse me I need urgent money now ,but my card is empty , would you please borrow me 100 $ , I will back it to you soon” If you behave like this for several times ,he says good bye to you for ever :-) :-)

Have a good day
Mohsen

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

success in his exam

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnam ,
please be patience , and without stress , you are enough talented to cop with this exam , God ,almighty, please help Behnam to be success in his exam

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
LOVELIFE

Post by LOVELIFE »

Hi Mohsen,

Well said. I wish i could be more Shamelessly to ask for this kind of favor from him~
Some people just really take advantage on you once you help them once. I guess this is the culture of office style in Singapore..what about you guys? did you all face any kind of "challenge in the work place"? especially to deal with all different type of species and characters.

Regards
Love Life
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: applicable strategy

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Mohsen,

The “firsts” are usually unforgettable, interesting or sweet, especially when they come into romance, and people can taste their sweetness with remembering them even after a long time. Thanks for sharing your interesting memory with us. I really enjoyed reading about the first meeting of yours with your lovely wife.

After reading your post, I was wondering who had already fallen in love. You know, this is an important matter for ladies that can turn into a challenging issue sometimes. You are lucky since I have no access to your wife. LOL

Dear Mohsen, You hit the nail on the head. There is a famous saying :”
The way to men's heart is through their stomach.” Cooking delicious foods for men can be a good way to win their hearts. A smart and crafty lady knows when she is supposed to use this strategy to reach the best outcomes. Your post was enough to make me believe the truthfulness of my premise about the tactfulness of your lovely wife. Clearly speaking, your post removed any doubt about tactfulness of your wife in my mind. It apparently proves that I know my same gender pretty well… hahahaaa

In our culture, however, your strategy is not applicable. Since the girl doesn’t peel the fruit for boy, especially in first session, let alone decorating it and making a flower out of its outer layer. Instead, she lays the plate of fruit and a
KEEN knife on the table to see if the boy can conquer the process of peeling, dividing up, and eating the fruits without any harm to himself under two watchful eyes. hahahahaaa …Some boys keep their plates intact and refuse to eat anything… LOL… Meanwhile, he is supposed to pass several other paths (at least six more) to receive such decorated fruits. Winking!

And finally, as you had already mentioned in your previous posts, keeping something is more difficult than getting it. It’s said: “
A man is lucky if he is the first love of a woman. A woman is lucky if she is the last love of a man.” Your wife and you have been successful in both getting and keeping. Wish you long-lasting love.

Regards,
Hurieh
Oct 8th 2015

P.S. There is a widespread belief among our people, and it is about the influence of fate and destiny on marriage. They say:” Everyone meets his/her soul mate when s/he is in right place and at right time. The idea of yours and other friends’ will be welcome in this regard.
LeeWooseok

Re: university

Post by LeeWooseok »

Mohsen wrote:Hi Wooseak ,

One of my most favorite fruit is pomegranate , Very day I eat one or two pomegranates , In my city there are Pomegranate tree in the some houses ,in this season the Pomegranates are ripened and ready to picked up, The Pomegranate price is not expensive , it is under one dollar/Kg. Do you have Pomegranate in Korea market? I can export pomegranates to Korea ,if I find customer there.
About university , I finished my university many years ago, I remember , when I was a student , I wished my study in university never been finished. Because I liked my lecturers and my classmate very much.
Life in the university is unforgettable, because there are lots of talented people are around you, in dormitory and campus there are so much fun , I remember one of my friend who was crazy of drinking tea , He always brought a felax of tea in the class and sometime he poured a cup of tea for the lecturer and one cup for himself . of course he didn’t forget to fill my cup.
In Iran drinking tea is vital for many people , Some people drink tea three times per day or more , the felax of tea is always with many people , do people in Korea drink tea , how much they drink per day?

This one of university class in Iran , students wish to take a photo with their teacher and classmates
Have a good day
Mohsen

Hi Mohsen,

In Korea, most people often eat pomegranate, but it is not familiar with people, compared with other fruits such as apple, pear, and grape. Also, Korea has a lot of and various teas, including wild flower teas.

I also like my professors and my major, Interpretation and Translation for International Trade and Relations in English-Speaking Areas. What I am paying more attention to is politics and history of the United Kingdom. When I have spare time, I usually watch American dramas and British drama, especially Modern Family and Sherlock Holmes. Have you seen these dramas? If it is not, I recommend you to watch it.

Today, October 9 is Hangul Proclamation Day that Hangul, Korean alphabet was made by Sejong the Great in the Joseon Dynasty. In my university, there is a department of Arabic. When I see Arabic, I thought that it is very difficult to distinguish those words. These days, I am feeling the necessity for learning Arabic, because there are a lot of exchange between Korean and Arab Nations as many Arab nations get social stability from dictatorship.

Have a nice day.
See you
Lee, Wooseok.
ritzkevin

Re: university

Post by ritzkevin »

Mohsen wrote:Hi Wooseak ,

Have a good day
Mohsen
Good for you. Pomegranate is not common in my country. It is also nice to see a class picture. When I was still working as a language trainer, my students/trainees would like to have a group picture.
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Passing the PhD Final Qualifying Exam! (Part One)

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

How are you? I hope you are great. I was enormously, remarkably, and spectacularly successful in the Final Qualifying PhD exam. You should know, one of the invited professors is notorious for being bad-tempered, unkind, insulting the students and disrespecting them. He is famous for asking challenging questions. According to my main supervisor, inviting him was a big mistake. In fact, the head of the department who is responsible for choosing and arranging the examiner team had not consulted my supervisor about the arrangement. He had invited a very tough, impolite, proud, selfish and unusual professor, beside three nice ones. In one of the written exam, he had asked a very very very difficult question, out of the domain of my courses. I read the question 5 times, but I didn't get it! OMG! I got angry and lost my confidence! I don't know how to describe my moods and feelings at that time.

Suppose you are having the most important exam in your life. You are going to answer to the questions of three courses. You sit on the chair and they give you the questions paper of the first course. You take the question paper and start answering to the questions. What would you do if you saw there are three difficult questions on the paper, AND the first one is something long, unusual and unrelated to the subject? I was about to cry! I decided to leave the exam session and forget about PhD! But, one of the professors asked me to be patient. He said: Try the other questions. Do your best! I lost my hope and confidence. I answered to them, without being satisfied.

After the first subject, they gave me the questions of the second course! I became happy, because there were three questions; as a piece of cake for me. I finished it earlier than the devoted(given) time. Finally, they gave me the third set of questions. Again three nice lovely questions! I answered them wonderfully. I finished the exam earlier than devoted time. Finishing earlier than devoted time is unbelievable in a PhD Final Qualifying Exam. You can ask Mortaza if you don't believe me. I am very fast in writing. I wrote at least fifty pages! My answer sheets were about fifty pages!!!!!

The written exam held on Wednesday. I complained about the first course examiner. However, they said a very famous cliche: It is his right to ask whatever he wants!!!

Being considerably successful in two courses which are more important and essential than the first one, I became a little bit hopeful about passing the total exam. You know, the first course was a self-studying of some selected topics( Mabahese Vizhe in Farsi). I don't know its English equivalent. For this subject, no classes were held. The supervisors had selected some chapters from such-and-such book, some other chapters from such-and-such book, ..! Suppose one has got two supervisors. Each of them has some favourites. Therefore, each of them suggests studying particular books and topics. Most of the time, they forget which books and chapters they have wanted the student to self-study. What would happen? Disaster actually! To be brief, the self-studying course killed me!

The verbal exam was held on Thursday. picture it please: There is a very large table in a very large room. The table is circular. Nine professors( three invited professors as examiners, one examiner from my university university[self-studying course had two examiners!!!], two supervisors, the head of the department, and two professors from the department) are sitting around the table. 3/4 of the table is occupied, and you are standing in front of them; on the empty side of the table. There is a whiteboard too.

Cross my heart, if all physicists from the world had been gathered there, I'd would not felt stressful and worried. I am not boasting.

I entered the room and said hello. I took my coat off and put it on the chair. I took the marker from my suitcase and stood in front of them. By my body language I showed that I am ready.

Strangely, the bad-tempered professor was sat in the middle of the table; in the middle of the room them, and exactly face-to-face me! It was strange. Maybe, they had arranged the team on purpose! Maybe it was something random. I don't know, but he was in the middle.

They started asking by turn. The first professor from one side of the table started asking. He said: Mr. bla bla bla, first of all let me know if I ask in the Azerbaijani language or in Persian. I want you not to complain about the language!!! I politely answered: Dear professor, although I am originally from Azerbaijan and I am proud of it, it is difficult for me to explain Physics in Azerbaijani. However, it will be very nice of you if you ask in English. He replied: No, I don't know English. :lol: {-: :lol:

He asked three questions and I answered to his questions loudly and confidently. Then the second professor asked me three questions. I answered to them wonderfully...When it was the unkind professor's turn to ask he said: Mr. bla bla bla, speaking loudly is not a sign of knowledge! he said this while he was taking a piece of paper from his coat packet out! He had prepared some questions to ask! some Other professors laughed and played joke on him! He asked his first question and look how I acted: I politely said: I'd like to thank professor bla bla bla for his helpful comment and point. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize you for speaking loudly. I am doing this habitually. I don't mean to show myself knowledgeable. Please forgive me for having such a proud, tough and loud tone of voice. I have received a lot of hurt, damage and loss from my tough tone of voice. I hope you will forgive me. By this sentence other professors shared positive energy and showed good body languages. I think the unkind professor lost the first battle. {-: :lol: {-:

.....Will be countinued
Last edited by behnam on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Passing the PhD Final Qualifying Exam! (Part Two)

Post by behnam »

.... In the second round, the notorious examiner asked me three challenging questions again. Two of them were irrelevant to the self-studying course. In front of all professors I said: The self-studying course has killed me badly. It took me a lot of time and energy, but it had and still has negative impacts on every aspect of the PhD cycle. People ask me some irrelevant questions from different areas and name it the selected self-studying topic! Different person has different taste; that's OK, but what is the sin of poor student when he is bombarded by unusual questions? I want my superiors to make it clear to the examiners what books and chapters I was supposed and expected to study. My tone of voice was complaining actually. At this time; my main supervisor explained the self-studying course and what I had been expected to study. The examiners got it. I guess the bad-tempered professor lost the second battle too! Behnam, has mercy on them, although they are professors, you are stronger than all of them! Naughty Behnam, kills his enemy wisely and fairly!. ...hahahahahahaha :lol: {-: :lol:

The first round got finished. In the second round, when it was the notorious professor's turn, he asked three questions relevant to the subject this time. I answered to them. You should know, the number of questions were uncountable. Most of the time, many questions were extracted from one question. There was always a challenge, not simply asking and answering!

In the final round, some professors didn't ask anything. Some of them asked their final questions. Look finally what the bad-tempered professor said: Mr. bla bla bla, it seems you are good at explaining Physics. You can be a good teacher. You are good at concepts. Your way of explaining is unique!!!! I didn't believe it! It was amazing. This professor seldom(never) praises a student! I won the battle! Huraaaaa...! :lol: {-: :lol:

I could manage the session effectively and wisely. I made them respect me. Nobody could disrespect. At nights and days I am trying hard and working hard in order to stop others from disrespecting me. When it comes to physics, I never let anybody disrespect me, and above it nobody can disrespect me. Nobody has the right to disrespect me! This is my policy in the life.

According to my supervisor, they had amazed my knowledge of Physics and my skills for explaining things. You should know, they are famous examiners. Participating in the PhD Final Qualifying Exam is one aspect of their jobs at different universities. One of them had said: We hadn't had such a knowledgeable student in recent years!

They gave me a good mark. The mark is not important itself. Their permission and signature is important. In fact, the examiners give the PhD student the validity for doing his project! This is important.

Finally, the head of the department thanked me for being ready for the exam and holding it successfully. He said: This successful session gave a validity to our university too! They all congratulated me.

In the afternoon, my main supervisor had class with three new PhD students. A lady from Tabriz and two men from Tehran are accepted there. I took part in the class. My supervisor introduced me to them and praised me. When teaching, three times he wanted me to explain some important points to the students. I went to the whiteboard and explained the points. My main supervisor is a very knowledgeable one. He is a great man, besides being an extremely successful professor. I am proud of being his student.

Thank you for praying. By the grace of God and your prayers and supports I could pass the last exam of my life successfully.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Welcome Back Sara!

Post by behnam »

Hi Sara,

Welcome back! How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. Thank you very much for keeping the contact. I hope everything will become normal in your life.

I passed the exam successfully. Life with no exam! How amazing it is! You understand what I am saying, since you have taken this exam earlier than me. For me, the PhD Final Qualifying Exam was the most stressful exam in my life. I didn't know what stress is before having Final Qualifying Exam(FQE). That exam tough me what stress is and how it gets stressful.

I am waiting for hearing more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Hurieh!

Post by behnam »

Hi Hurieh,

How are you my dear friend? Long time no see! I hope everything is going well with you. Thank you very much for posting some wonderful posts in the thread. You are producing some beautiful flowers in this garden. I mean, you posts make the thread seem beautiful, as flowers do in a garden.

I wish you success in all aspects of the life. You are a successful lady. I wish you more and greater success.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Krisi!

Post by behnam »

Hi Krisi,

Thank you very much for visiting this forum. Your presence in this thread motivates us to practice more. I hope you will actively participate in teaching us and sharing your opinions in 'Let's Learn Together!'. I do appreciate your presence.

Although your message was short, it meant a lot. It touched me.

Your smile is inspiring and nice.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mohsen,

How are you my old friend? I hope you are fine; enjoying every minute of your life. I think Isfahan has a special beauty in falls. Am I right?

So many thanks for your concerted efforts and attempts to keep the forum active. Well Done! Thank you once again for keeping your fingers crossed for me. It worked. :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Setareh(Zivar)!

Post by behnam »

Hi Setareh,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. That's always nice seeing your posts in the thread. Thank you very much for visiting the thread regularly. I know, you are busy these days, but I hope you will make some time for us in this place too.

Thank you once again for your care and support.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
Last edited by behnam on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Long time no see!

Post by behnam »

Hi Elham, Setareh(Setayesh), Amal, Mortaza, Andrew, Veronica, ...

How are you? I hope you are happy and healthy. This is just to let you know I've missed you terribly. You are absent for a long time. I hope you will be back soon. I am waiting for you all the time. You are always in my thoughts.

I am looking forward to reading your posts as soon as possible.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
Last edited by behnam on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Lovelife!

Post by behnam »

Hi Lovelife,

How are you? I hope you are fine. Thank you for joining us. I guess I have already said welcome to you! Anyway, welcoming people is a good action. Therefore, it is logical, beneficial, and acceptable to welcome a quest twice. :lol:

To be honest, I didn't get what the problem or the imaginary problem is. Does the boss or a colleague is cruel or selfish, or maybe careless at your workplace? Does someone expects to receive more than what s/he gives? Please make it clear for me. I will give my opinion after knowing what the main problem is.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Lee Wooseok!

Post by behnam »

Hi Lee Wooseok,

Thank you so much for posting in this place. I think you a student and you've got Mid-term-exams. I wish you success in your exams.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
LeeWooseok

Re: Hi Lee Wooseok!

Post by LeeWooseok »

behnam wrote:Hi Lee Wooseok,

Thank you so much for posting in this place. I think you a student and you've got Mid-term-exams. I wish you success in your exams.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
Hello, Behnam.

How are you?
Through your post, I have seen that you passed PhD successfully. Congratulation!!

I did not have mid-term exam yet. It will start on Monday, 19 October. Now, I am studying and preparing for the exam at a cafe. The subject that I am studying is 'The British Empire and Commonwealth'.

Above this subject, I should do a lot of assignments for the exam to get to good credits. However, I am happy to be able to learn knowledge.

Thank you,
Have a nice day!.
Lee, Wooseok
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi again Lee Wooseok!

Post by behnam »

LeeWooseok wrote:I did not have mid-term exam yet. It will start on Monday, 19 October. Now, I am studying and preparing for the exam at a cafe. The subject that I am studying is 'The British Empire and Commonwealth'.
Hi Lee,

Thank you very much for your kind message. I wish you success in your exam. By the way, the title of your subject is nice, but that would be nicer if the title was 'The British Empire and common way of stealing the wealth of the Middle East and India'! This topic is longer than your topic, but it reflects the facts much better than yours. :lol: {-: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Feeling Nostalgic!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

A few minutes ago, I made my room neat and tidy. I gathered the books and notebooks and put them on the shelf. I am feeling nostalgic now!
}: }: }: (Crying)(Crying)(Crying)(Crying)(Crying)(Crying) }: }: }:

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Pens&Notebooks!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

Many people ask me about how to do a PhD. They often ask: What is the key secret of your success? Most of the time I don't reply by words. I put the empty pens and full notebooks on the table and say: I have emptied this much ink on these Notebooks! I think this is a good answer. I took photo of empty pens and full notebooks. I have used these pen in taking notes from PhD courses. You should know, I seldom take notes in the classes. I always read books instead of reading other people's notes. These notes are taken from several books related to main topics of PhD!

Pictures speak louder than words!

All the best,
Behnam, 10 October, 2015

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
LeeWooseok

Re: Hi again Lee Wooseok!

Post by LeeWooseok »

behnam wrote:
LeeWooseok wrote:I did not have mid-term exam yet. It will start on Monday, 19 October. Now, I am studying and preparing for the exam at a cafe. The subject that I am studying is 'The British Empire and Commonwealth'.
Hi Lee,

Thank you very much for your kind message. I wish you success in your exam. By the way, the title of your subject is nice, but that would be nicer if the title was 'The British Empire and common way of stealing the wealth of the Middle East and India'! This topic is longer than your topic, but it reflects the facts much better than yours. :lol: {-: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
Hello, Behnam.

In fact, I am learning about the true picture of the British Empire. There were a lot of discrimination against black people. My professor always tell us that we have to maintain right point of view for history as a student.

Thank you
Lee, Wooseok.
LOVELIFE

Post by LOVELIFE »

Hello Behnam,

Thanks for greet me & welcome me twice, you made my day! My problem solve, i have email to the person that he should do the thing himself and i did some screenshot steps by steps, and he replied me says thanks and sorry for the trouble caused. Also, i did explains to him personally that not that i don't want to help me, just he need to be more self-reliant.

anyway, i need some advise from you guys... Little grammar that i got puzzled here.
How should i put in the sentence that "we have not buy the item for quite some time" / " we have not bought the items for quite some time now? / " long time never buy the item"?
LOVELIFE

Post by LOVELIFE »

Hello Behnam,

Does this forum has some kind of instant chat? like a small window where we can see who is online?
It would be great if this forum has this kind of feature....So can we go chat live like with immediate response.
worth considering? anyway..just a little idea from me..hope you guys dont mind :)
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Lovelife!

Post by behnam »

Hi Lovelife,

Many thanks for replying. Happy to know that you could find a way to cope with the problem.

About your grammar question, I think 'we have not bought the items for quite a long time' sounds OK. It is not correct to write 'we have not bought the items for quite some time now'. It is also incorrect to say 'we have not bought the items for quite some time'. Other options sound unusual to me.

About your suggestion, if someone signs in, they will be available to others. A thick line on their profile photo will say: ON LINE. In this case, it will be possible to sent online messages by using 'private message' which is on the right hand of the page(above). For chatting, I often use Skype. My Skype account is: behnam.pedram

Hope to hear more from you,
Behnam, 12 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

A True Story!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

Last week, on Tuesday, when I entered the rail station I saw four foreigners were arguing with the ticket-checker. The ticket-checker was a young girl. She was yelling, "Friday, Friday, ..". The foreigners were two middle-aged men and two middle-aged women. They were looking at their tickets and at other people disappointingly. I decided to help them. I asked; "Can you speak English?". They happily answered(all together); "Yes, we can." I started speaking with them. They were from Denmark. I asked the ticket-checker about the problem. She explained the problem to me in Persian. She said; "These people's tickets are for Friday not for today. Today is Tuesday. They have come three days earlier"! I took the tickets and read the date and time which were typed in Persian in them. The girl was right. I said them they were three days earlier. One of the men, who was younger than the other one, showed me something written on one of the tickets in black 'Meshad, 6th Oct 2015'! The man was also right! Funny! Both sides were amazingly right! Who was wrong? This was a big question! :lol:

I had some free time. I tried to help them, then I wanted one of the men to follow me to the upstairs to have the tickets checked by the responsible person sitting behind a computer. That was a lady who was responsible for cancelling thickets, giving information or selling tickets in case there are empty seats on a train to a requested city. The man followed me. His English was very good. He could speak German too. We went to upstairs and the lady checked the tickets. The information on the computer matched the information on the tickets. The mistake was made by the agency in which these people had bought the tickets. The ticket seller had written 'Meshad 6th Oct 2015' instead of 9th Oct...!!! A terrible mistake!

I asked the responsible lady to cancel the thickets and sell them a new one. She checked the train. There were no empty seats left. Then, those people had only one option: To go back to the hotel and go to the agency tomorrow to get their money back!

They gave me the phone number of the hotel. I called the hotel and told the receptionist the story. I asked; "Is it possible for them to be back to the hotel and stay there one night more?" The receptionist said; "That's OK. They can come and stay here."

Then I hired a taxi and gave the taxi driver the address card of the hotel. I wanted the taxi driver to let them get off exactly in front of hotel. I also said to them to inform the police in case the taxi driver asks for more money or drops them somewhere else(not at the entrance door of the hotel).

I spoke with all of them. Their English was very well. One of the ladies said; "What would have we done if you hadn't been here?" I am not sure about the grammar of this sentence, but I got the meaning. I replied; "Don't worry! God would send you someone to help." She became happy and thanked me for the help.

I was very happy, because I could use my English and help some people who were in a terrible situation. I am still happy because of what I did for them in the rail station. I had a very nice feeling for some days after that event. I was proud of myself for learning English. :lol: {-: :lol:

Oh, something interesting: When they understood that the ticket seller lady in the agency had made a big mistake in writing the date wrongly, one of the men said; "Is it possible to go to Yazd, instead of Meshad?" One of the ladies yelled at him, looked dagger at him and said to him something in their mother tongue, as if she was going to hit poor man. She did the same thing that Iranian ladies often do in such cases. I said to myself: Ladies are the same! :lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing more: They said they love Iran and its culture very much. That was why they were visiting Iran. They liked to go Meshad to visit the Holy Shrine of Imam Reza, but they couldn't!

All the best,
Behnam, 12 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
LARGEUT

Post by LARGEUT »

hello
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Largeut!

Post by behnam »

Hi Largeut,

How are you? Welcome to this place. Thank you for saying 'Hello'. You generously have written only one word 'hello', I am replying it with a lot of words. Who is generous, you or I? :lol: {-: :lol:

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 13 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Alfone!

Post by behnam »

Hi Alfone,

Welcome to this thread. Thank you so much for putting post in this place. It is rewarding to help mother in doing households chores. Actually, it is our duty to help mother, wife, sister, ....with doing house-based chores. One of my duties at home is making tea. Sometimes I cook, but my wife seldom lets me work in the kitchen. She thinks I am clumsy when it comes to working in the kitchen. In other words, I am like an elephant in a china shop. Once I wanted to help her with washing dishes, but unluckily, I broke an expensive plate. {-: :lol: {-:

I wish you success at university and in all aspects of life. Hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 13 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *