Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Hurieh »

Laying in bed, she opened her eyes at a bitterly cold day in a hard winter, and all she saw was the same as what she was used to them, and quite different from what she dreamed about-- the same grey-colored ceiling, the same messy room, the same old furniture, and whatnot. What made her be reluctant to leave her bed was not only the coldness of the weather or the gloom of dawn, but more importantly, the feeling that another boring day with all miseries in it is waiting for her. Asleep has been the only thing that could bring her peace and tranquility—it was such a pleasing transition from this grey world to another colorful world in which she could see how all of her dreams blossom miraculously.

After a few minutes, she unwillingly overcame the struggle of staying at bed and got up. Washed her delicate hands and little face in a bowl of water. The water was too cold and made her face pale and even her fingers numb, left her the feeling as if they are not hers. She braided her long straight black hairs with difficulties, put on her thick winter coat, wrapped her neck with that red plaid scarf, and stood at foggy window to see outside. Then, Wiped up the window to see what is going on there. There was a huge amount of snow on the ground and it has still been snowing over the entire week.

Photo: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/403212972862217461/

She headed out and locked the door of the room. Took her steps slowly not to let that bad-natured landlady notice her while she was walking down the stairs. Stopped at the counter on step floor, stood on her toes to hang the key chain from the key holder. Moving toward the exit door quietly, she suddenly heard the ear-piercing voice of the landlady shouting at her. “Where the hell are you escaping Sara?”, she yelled.

Inspired by: the cartoon of “Les Misérables” which was made based on Victor Hugo’s Novel.

Regards,
Hurieh
Dec 2nd/ 2015

P.S. I couldn't find a suitable title for this story. ):
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Leaving home with an empty stomach!

Post by behnam »

Hi dear Hurieh,

How are you dear? Long time no see! I've missed you.

I am not good at imagination, but I wonder why Sara left the home without brushing her teeth and having breakfast! How can she make a snowman; while her stomach is empty? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Where are you going Sara?", the lady asked.
"I am going to buy some bread", Sara replied "there is no bread at home."

Sara was going to touch the snow actually. This was her first lie on that snowy day. The lady knew that Sara was lying. In order to prevent Sara from enjoying the snow in the early morning(I still don't know why tiny girls of stories are pure, but old ladies are like evil. :lol: ) the old lady said; "Sara, I've got plenty of bread at home. I will lend you some bread. Don't go out, it is dangerous."

"Thank you dear, that's very generous of you." Sara added " I have to eat fresh bread. My stomach is sensitive and allergic to old bread."

This was her second lie on that day. Sara doesn't know that lying may cause her to have bad feelings all the day.

Dear Hurieh, I wish I didn't write about your beautiful story. I said I am not good at writing story. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 2 December, 2015

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

One of my emails to her(Part one)!

Post by behnam »

Dear ...,

I guessed you know everything about me, because on EC I am quite a famous person. I've been posting for 3 years on EC, apart from being in the chat room. You can visit General Discussion - ESL Forums and open 'Let's Learn Together!'.

Before starting writing on EC, I had been writing on another site since 2007! At that time I was very active in practicing English. I had friends from many parts of the world. We used to write every day. The result of those days has become four pdf files(like four books). I have uploaded them on WWW.Scribd.com You can go there and search for 'Let's Learn Together!' You will see those four books, full of our posts.

We had to left that site because one of the friends kept writing about politics and religions. Finally, the runner of the site blocked us.

About men, what I said is a fact. My dear friend, I am sure you know the differences between men and women. In a woman's eyes, men must seem ill. You know why? Because a woman notices several abnormal actions and reactions done by men. Those actions are considered abnormal in the world of women. However, they are normal in the world of men. When it comes to sexual activities, most of the women in the world think men are as dirty as pig. Let me share a very important secret of men with you. I am sure you are thoughtful enough to think about it and to analyses it. The secret is this: One of the biggest wishes of every man is to be the only man of the world. In other words, every man says; "I wish all men in the world died and I were the only man of the world with billions women. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't think this is what Behnam says, no, this is a secret, but men are not brave enough to speak about it. By the way, you should know that when we are speaking about human beings, the average is considered. Surely, there are some so called men who like to be ...ed by other men. These men are not considered. I am speaking about men with the right level of Testosterone. :lol:

On the other hand, the majority of right women naturally like to belong to only one man. Is this optional? Do they choose to be like that? No, they are created like that.

Angels are pure, but they are created to be pure. They haven't got the physiological needs and desires that we poor human beings are given by the creator(God). It is easy to be an angel when one is created to be an angel. So, that is why we believe human beings can become better than angels. What angels do is not optional.

Women's purity, caring about only one man, purity in sex-related activities, loyalty,... are all given to her. They are not optional. In fact, a woman is supposed to keep those values, to stay pure.

However, poor men are created differently. I don't know why the creator has created men in this form. From the beginning of a typical day, the first thing may a man remember is playing with his ...., checking them, and maybe thinking of the coming night he will make love! After leaving home, he may see a girl in the street, shaking her lips...! He will become crazy! Then he may see a lady with large breasts. Again he will become crazy. You may say; "Behnam, come on! These are your own actions. Don't generalize!" You are absolutely wrong. Other men hide it from others. When we(men) are together and start talking about what we had seen on the day, I often see other men win the competition in gazing and ogling . rolling on the floor. :lol: :lol: :lol: Therefore, be one hundred percent sure about what I say.

You may say; "well, you don't enjoy love making with your wives then look for someone else to compensate"! No dear! You are absolutely wrong again. For me and for friends of me it has happened to just finish a lovely love making with our wives, after taking a shower and leaving home, the way that our secretaries have put tea in front of us and have hung her breasts in front of us, or have moved her wide hips in front of us...has made us crazy again. Maybe after 2 hours from the time we had had experienced a great love making with our wives.
......will be continued!

All the best,
Behnam, 2 December, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

One of my emails to her(Part Two)!

Post by behnam »

You may ask why Behnam is sharing these things with me. This is a good question.

The answer:
1) Knowing men and their nature will help ladies to tolerate them. It is very difficult to know the opposite sexes, because people often hide their secrets. A woman seldom speaks about the things she expects from her partner. She may say; "My partner must be wise enough to know what I want!". This is a very big mistake that almost all women make. I am sharing these things with you to help you come to terms with probable disloyalty you might seen from your ex...and make you strong against these sorts of things you may see in other men. I am trying to lessen your sensitivity to men's silly behaviour!

2) Everybody is responsible for learning and teaching. You, as everyone else, are responsible for teaching your kids, your students, ...the facts of nature. You should say; "My dear students, most of the time the lack of knowledge of someone else makes us judge unfairly about him/her and may cause us to hate him/her... A snake bites and kills its pries. Is it because of enmity? No, it is its nature to bite. It has been created like that."

That analogy implants a very nice and delicate point in your students' mind. These students are going to live in the society. Some of them may hate men because they may find out men are not as loyal as women are. They become depressed. Most of the time we get depressed by asking? Why? Why? Why? and not finding the answer.

Many months ago, my wife had her friend at home as her guest. I was at my computer. They were talking in the living room. She is a divorced young lady. She was speaking about the bitter experiences she has had with her ex-husband. Suddenly she cried and said; "why? why? why?..what was wrong with me? wasn't I beautiful? I was like a beautiful flower when I went to his home. Why did he do that?"(her husband has cheated on her)

I couldn't tolerate her deep sadness. While my wife was offering some tissues to her to wipe her eyes I went to the living room and apologized for interrupting.(the guest knew that I was at home). I started speaking about the nature of men. After sharing some facts with her, she became happy and laughed. She could accept that it is in men's blood to be like rosters in sex related things. Why? God has created them to be like that then to be active in producing generations.

The main philosophy of sex is producing generations and keeping generations going. Men and women are given some tools in fulfilling that important aim of the designer of the universe. What we do is not something like a game to play frequently... The main aim of sex is producing children, although there is a lot of pleasure in doing that. In fact, the pleasure is put there to fool both men and women into doing that.

That's enough for now. Today I am at home, share with me some emails and make me busy please. Thank you.

All the best,
Behnam, 2 December, 2015
Last edited by behnam on Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Her Answer as 'very smart of you'!

Post by behnam »

I read your email. Very smart of you, typical way of thinking as a man, I got a lot of pleasure while scrolling down and reading it all. I could write a very long answer because there are points with which I strongly disagree, as a woman. :lol: :-)
I have a question.... What about devotion, commitment, trust?
No wise words, no excuses of how and why men are created like that can justify the pain I have been through all these years due to his thoughtless actions or uncivil behaviour.
I haven't asked the question Why?
(to be continued, kids came home)

Signature
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Sara

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Hurieh,

I read the story , I wrote a part to share it , I don't know if it matches with your fiction or not

"Sara, came back ,look at the lady ,with trembling voice ‘ madam , I just want to pay a visit to see my mother , I will come back very soon. The land lady shouted “ the cheeky girl , go back to your room ,you don’t like to be in the dark basement again” ,the girl with all fear in her body walk back slowly while the tears run on her cheek , no one would care of her mother ,she was in bed and cholera was killing her. she was thinking of her dear mother"

Regards
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Thanks friends!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear friends, Behnam and Mohsen

Thank you very much for showing interest in this topic and continuing my story. I really enjoyed reading your lovely stories.

You know very well, the world of stories is as huge as humans’ power of imagination. You can do all sort of things there with no limitation and restriction, and this is amazing.

Behnam’s story made me giggle somehow… Heheheee… Dear Behnam, you have looked at a quite different angle which mad your story unique. By the way, you will be a great writer of comic books. Thanks for your story.

Mohsen’s story is sad and a little scary. Dear Mohsen, your plot is rather closer to mine, with some differences. Thanks to you too.

I will write the second episode of the story by myself and put off its submitting in order to see what the rest of our friends will bring us.

Have a lovely Friday all.
Hurieh
Dec 4th, 2015
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Hurieh

Post by setareh »

Dear Hurieh, thanks for encouraging us to write. Here is my story
Sara was working for this tough landlady in order to help her family. Sara was informed that her mother was sick so she tried to sneak away because she knew that the landlady wouldn’t let her go. Sara stepped forward and said “hello Mrs. Setevenson good morning! I… I … my mother is sick and I have to see her; could you please let me go and visit her? To her surprise Mrs. Setevenson didn’t yell at her; she replied” you can go but you must come back before dinner.” Sara got so happy and thanked the landlady.
She has noticed that the landlady has recently changed right after her only daughter left her for university. Now she is not tough as much as she used to be. Sara thought maybe now she can understand how hard it is to stay away from our beloved ones.
Knowing that she is going to spend a day with her mother made her feel so happy and warm inside. It was cold, but the snow and the cold weather didn’t bother her on the contrary it was the first time that she was actually enjoying the snow and its beauty……..
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Snow in Tehran!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. We had the first early snow in Tehran yesterday. It is early to have snow because winter hasn't come yet. In our calendar 21st of December is the first day of winter. We celebrate it, because it is the shortest day(the longest night) of the year. It is my birthday too. The snow was relatively heavy. I measured, it was about 10 centimeter on my blue car. The weather is very cold now. According to some news, this year we are going to have a very cold winter in Iran. I am attaching a photo of the hills around my house. It is covered with snow.

All the best,
Behnam, 8 December, 2015

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER SIDE

Post by behnam »

Hi,

A friend of mine has put the following post on her blog.

Hello, everyone.

Today I read news on my Facebook page and I found an interesting report.

Due to the present situation in Syria and other countries we got a prejudice about people from that region. Today I don't want to discuss it. I want to translate this report from my native to you and show you another side of this complicated situation.

As usual, generals keep safe during the war, but only simple soldiers and people suffer. This is what happened with this man. His name is Abdul and he escaped from Syria with his family to Lebanon. He doesn't have a wife and he has 2 kids. For the last 4 years Abdul couldn't find any job due to the fact that he is a refugee.

Abdul tries to sell pens on the streets in order to have a piece of bread for his kids.

One blogger from Norway saw this situation and took a photo and posted it in social networks.

The photographer didn't expected such a reaction from people. He asked people to collect money for this guy and his family (at least 5 000$) but more than 127 000$ were collected.

Abdul decided to open a cafe, a restaurant and some other things in Lebanon where more than 16 Syrian people could find a job and save their families from hunger and poverty.

I decided to publish this blog because the first photo deeply touched me. The face of a guy who can't find bread and home for his 2 kids while we are sitting here in warm houses, with a sandwich and complaining about currency exchanges or bad neighbors. Gosh, sometimes humanity is too ego-centrated and this is cause of many problems on this planet.

If we paid more attention on people around us, we would see that some people feel and live even worse than you.

Compassion is the only way to save humanity from global war. I also read today a great quote: "How to stop terrorism and war? Don't take part in it and don't support it". Simple and genius.

Better help those who suffered and lost everything in these useless wars. I'm happy that this world has a great hope in the face of such people as this guy from Norway and from all over the world.

Cheers, cap bee

P.s. by the way, the main money was sent from the UK, the USA, the UAE and Saudi Arabia!
Last edited by behnam on Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

My comment on it!

Post by behnam »

Comment by Behnam 11 hours ago

Hi Honey, Thank you very much for writing about an interesting topic; poverty. Abdul isn't the only man from the poor community. At least, he had been lucky that someone has taken some photos of him and his daughter and has published them on the Net. There are billions of poor people in the world; who haven't got a chance to catch the attention of a westerner in a way that they take some photos of them and spread them on the Internet.

It is really funny, some governments impose poverty on a nation(Syria for example) and make its people poor and jobless. However, people of those countries give money to those war victims. It is like the father of a family slaps someone hard across the face, the mother of the family wipes tears from his eyes and says; "Don't cry!" The world has filled with two-faceness, hypocrisy, and insincerity!

The second part of your post includes a very meaningful sentence;"How to stop terrorism and war? Don't take part in it and don't support it". It is obvious that terrorists are supported by many western countries and some Arabic nations. How ridiculous it is to let a rabid dog released and to worry about its bite! It’s hypocrisy for them to pretend that they are fighting against terrorists and terrorism. They have created terrorism and support it politically and financially. They are lying!

All the best,
Behnam, 9 December, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Feynman's Love letter to his deal wife!

Post by behnam »

Richard Feynman was one of the best-known and most influential physicists of his generation. In the 1940s, he played a part in the development of the atomic bomb; in 1986, as a key member of the Rogers Commission, he investigated the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster and identified its cause; in 1965, he and two colleagues were awarded the Nobel Prize "for their fundamental work in quantum electrodynamics, with deep-ploughing consequences for the physics of elementary particles." He was also an incredibly likable character, and made countless other advances in his field, the complexities of which I will never be able understand.

In June of 1945, his wife and high-school sweetheart, Arline, passed away after succumbing to tuberculosis. She was 25-years-old. 16 months later, in October of 1946, Richard wrote his late wife a heartbreaking love letter and sealed it in an envelope. It remained unopened until after his death in 1988.

(Source: The Letters of Note book - reproduced with permission of Richard Feynman's Estate.)

October 17, 1946

D'Arline,

I adore you, sweetheart.

I know how much you like to hear that — but I don't only write it because you like it — I write it because it makes me warm all over inside to write it to you.

It is such a terribly long time since I last wrote to you — almost two years but I know you'll excuse me because you understand how I am, stubborn and realistic; and I thought there was no sense to writing.

But now I know my darling wife that it is right to do what I have delayed in doing, and that I have done so much in the past. I want to tell you I love you. I want to love you. I always will love you.

I find it hard to understand in my mind what it means to love you after you are dead — but I still want to comfort and take care of you — and I want you to love me and care for me. I want to have problems to discuss with you — I want to do little projects with you. I never thought until just now that we can do that. What should we do. We started to learn to make clothes together — or learn Chinese — or getting a movie projector. Can't I do something now? No. I am alone without you and you were the "idea-woman" and general instigator of all our wild adventures.

When you were sick you worried because you could not give me something that you wanted to and thought I needed. You needn’t have worried. Just as I told you then there was no real need because I loved you in so many ways so much. And now it is clearly even more true — you can give me nothing now yet I love you so that you stand in my way of loving anyone else — but I want you to stand there. You, dead, are so much better than anyone else alive.

I know you will assure me that I am foolish and that you want me to have full happiness and don't want to be in my way. I'll bet you are surprised that I don't even have a girlfriend (except you, sweetheart) after two years. But you can't help it, darling, nor can I — I don't understand it, for I have met many girls and very nice ones and I don't want to remain alone — but in two or three meetings they all seem ashes. You only are left to me. You are real.

My darling wife, I do adore you.

I love my wife. My wife is dead.

Rich.

PS Please excuse my not mailing this — but I don't know your new address
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
arinda

Post by arinda »

Hi..Benham.
May I introduce may name, I am is rizal , I live in batam,
I,m still learning English , untill now I can't speak English well. Could you tell me some suggestion for me about this?

Thank you
With Regards
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Rizal!

Post by behnam »

arinda wrote:Hi..Benham.
May I introduce may name, I am is rizal , I live in batam,
I,m still learning English , untill now I can't speak English well. Could you tell me some suggestion for me about this?
Hi Rizal,

Thank you very much for dropping post in this thread. To be honest, my spoken English isn't good. I am practicing speaking English with my friends. Listening helps a lot in this regard. Download some Audio files from the Internet and listen to them. There are many sites. WWW.bbclearningenglish.com and WWW.Britishcouncil.org are two good sites in this field.

Chat in English with your friends. Join chat room at http://www.myenglishclub.com/chat There are many people from different nations. You can chat with some people in the chat room.

Would you please introduce yourself again? Where is Batam? What does Rizal mean? Do you study or work?

Hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 17 December, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
arinda

Post by arinda »

Hi..behnam
I say thanks to you, so many information that you have given to me, I ' ll try to join chat room, make me interesting

Batam island the name of city in indonesian, nearest singapore, I work at power plant in batam. Have you ever been in Indonesian?

I hope to hear from you soon

Best Regards
Rizal
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Thanks Setareh!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Setareh, hi

How’s everything with you? How are you doing with teaching English? I hope you are enjoying it fully. You know, I’ve been busy with these training courses and I couldn’t write here any sooner. The current semester is about to get finished. So, I can breathe a sigh of relief for a while.

Meanwhile, thank you very much for your great story. I really enjoyed reading it. Reading your story, I told myself: “Setareh must have been a great story teller for apples of her eyes.”
Your story had a good ending and this is what all small kids expect from a story. Besides that, you had skillfully embedded some moral tips in it which are commendable. Thank you very much once more.

You know, our mothers used to tell stories or recite lullaby for their small kids in old days. I wonder if mothers (or parents) still have enough time to spend enough time with their children. This is crucially important in order to have children who are emotionally stable. Because children find more closeness to their parents, and this provides them with security and peace of mind. On the other hand, telling stories can improve their creativity. Moreover, Children like the world of stories very much.

Anyway, I’ll write the second episode of the story and submit it. Hope our friends and you will enjoy reading it.

Regards,
Hurieh
Dec 18th/ 2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

The Story: 2nd episode.

Post by Hurieh »

Second episode: Sara gets punished.

Sara stopped immediately. The landlady’s loud voice sent shivers down her spine and made all hairs on her body stand up. She concealed her tears which were falling down her eyes and crossing her cheeks, turned around, and looked at the furious expression of hers.

“I have to be at work soon ma’am. My boss will get angry if I am late at work.” She replied while her voice was trembling.

“It is been two weeks that you haven’t paid a penny. You were supposed to wash all dirty dishes before you leave the hotel unless you pay your rent. “ the landlady said angrily.

Sara mumbled:” hmmm. But I will promise to …”

The landlady interrupted her and pointed to the kitchen with her hand. Sara didn’t resist anymore and went towards the kitchen.

It was all messy throughout the kitchen as if it has been hit by a strong earthquake. Sara put a small wooden stool in front of the sink, turned on the faucet, and started washing the dishes. Her mind was busy with several thoughts like a sunken ship in a turbulent sea which was waiting for an assistant canoe. Suddenly, she felt that someone is getting closer to her sneakily. All of a sudden, the question “Who can be behind my back?” crossed her mind.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: To be continued.

Regards,
Hurieh
Dec 18th/ 2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Happy Birthday!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Behnam, hi

I wrote this to sincerely say
“Happy Birthday” to you. May coming year be a major breakthrough for you. Wish you lasting health, happiness, and peace. We all are proud of you.

Sincere best wishes,
Hurieh
Dec 21st/ 2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Happy "Yalda Night"!

Post by Hurieh »

My dear Iranian friends, hi

Tonight is the longest night of the year which is called
“Yalda Night” in our Persian calendar. Although this night is longer than other nights only for one minute or even less; however we take this togetherness as a great opportunity to get together in the last night of fall, celebrate it, and enjoy being with each other for a while. It may be a proof for the fact that Iranians pay considerable attention to sociality and their relationships with each other.

Anyway, I hope these connections among the members of a family, our relatives, and even our friends remain as strong as before.

Meanwhile, I’d like to wish a peaceful and joyful
“Yalda Night” for all of you. Have a long wonderful “Yalda Night”.

Regards,
Hurieh
Dec 21st/ 2015
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

HAPPY YALDA NIGHT TO YOU

Post by Mohsen »

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Thanks Hurieh!

Post by behnam »

Hi Hurieh,

How are you? I hope you are doing well. Thank you very much for your friendly message.

All the best,
Behnam, 25 December, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Merry Christmas!

Post by behnam »

Hi,

I'd like to wish a happy Christmas to all Christian friends in all over the world.

Merry Christmas!

All the best,
Behnam, 25 December, 2015

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

The Story: 3rd episode.

Post by Hurieh »

Third episode: You are a gift from God.

Sara turned around cautiously in order to see the person whose footsteps were disturbing the silence in the kitchen.

“Is this you Miss Emily?”, Sara said surprisingly.

“Shhhh…Keep calm… I am here to help you out with these chores!”, Emily uttered kindly.

Sara said:” Hmmm…But you might stain your luxurious clothes; and your mom may get furious at you if she realizes you are here.”

“Don’t worry… My mom is sitting in her old rocking chair at fireplace. She is quite busy with knitting a sweater for me.” Emily replied while she was wearing a subtle smile on her face.

Then, Emily put a seat besides Sara and helped her washing the dishes. After they were done, Emily fumbled in the pocket of her dress, and then, took her close fist out.

Emily said to her:” Take this coin and buy something for yourself. You must have been hungry too. I have brought some center-filled hazelnut cookies for you.”

Sara thanked her and told her: “You are a gift from God.”

Sara left the kitchen towards the hotel lobby. She got closer to the landlady and took permission from her to leave the hotel. Afterwards, she opened the exit door to leave the hotel. It has still been snowing, and it was bitterly cold outdoor. But she had no choice to stay at that cozy hotel. So, she hit the road towards her workplace.

Photo: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... d289b6.gif

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: To be continued.

Regards,
Hurieh
Dec 26th/ 2015
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Happy New Year!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

Happy New Year to you and to your beloved people! I hope 2016 will bring you lasting peace of mind and increasing prosperity, perfect health and deep happiness, great wealth and profound wisdom, true love and happy laughter, and many other good things.

All the best,
Behnam, 29 December, 2016

P.S. I had a voice chat with our friend Andrew. He was OK and busy with his job. He said hi to you.
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Message!

Post by behnam »

Happy New Year!

All the best,
Behnam, 1 January, 2016
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Happy Holiday!

Post by behnam »

Dear friends,

I'd like to wish you a happy holiday season.

All the best,
Behnam, 1 January, 2016

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Happiness!

Post by behnam »

Dear friends,

I wish you every happiness in new year. I hope your life will be filled with happiness in 2016.

All the best,
Behnam, 1 January, 2016

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Behnam, Mohsen

Post by setareh »

Hello dear Behnam, how are you doing? I hope everything is fine with you. Thanks for your beautiful pictures and your messages about New Year. Happy New Year to you too. I wish you all the best for you and your beloved family.
Dear Mohsen, how are you? Long time no writing! As you mentioned in your last post I guss you are so busy with making money; by now you must be buried under money. :-D I was kidding. Happy new year and I wish you and your beloved family all the best.
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Hurieh, Elham

Post by setareh »

Dear Hurieh, how are you doing? I hope you are doing great. Happy New Year. I hope you can achieve all your goals and I am sure you will with such a will power that you have.
So many thanks for all your compliments about my writing. About teaching English, I am so glad that finally I got the courage to go for something that I always love it. I really love teaching English. I hope I can be a good and inspiring teacher for my students.
Dear Hurieh, as always I got so much pleasure from reading your writing. Have you ever thought of writing a novel? I am sure you can be a great novelist, although I know your main interest is science. In the second episode of your story just like the picture you posted you almost brought tears into my eyes, but the third episode was such a relief. We are impatiently waiting for the rest of your story.
Dear Elham, how is life? I hope you are doing great. Happy New year and I wish you all the best in this new year. That would be great if sometimes you share some of your wonderful writings with us. I miss your writings.
Hope to see you here.
Sincerely
Setareh
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Dear Hurieh, Elham

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Setareh,

It’s always a pleasure to read from you. Glad to know you are happy with teaching English as your favorite job. Some teachers are so influential that can be all-time role models for their students. Those are the great individuals who can hardly be forgotten. Thinking about those teachers brings them with joy at their heart and smile on their face, and a deep sigh which ends up with this phrase” Good old days”. I’m sure you are and will be one of those inspiring teachers.

setareh wrote:
Have you ever thought of writing a novel? I am sure you can be a great novelist, although I know your main interest is science.

A novelist ?! You must be kidding! As far as I’m concerned myself, I can’t be a great novelist. Firstly, I’m not interested in either reading novels or writing them. Secondly and more importantly, it would be a serious insult to the novelists if I were included in that category…(hahahaaa)… My work couldn’t be a best seller. So, I just give it up.

But regarding your question, I should say that I along with a friend of mine already taught of writing a story book when we were school-aged students. However, we could not give realization to it and it remained an unborn idea. Besides that, I helped two professors to translate two books in our specific field of study and publish them. But, those two professors could not finish the projects and they are still left on the table. However, based on these unsuccessful experiences, I learned not to rely on team works. Or perhaps, I am not good at team working.

However, I am still carrying the idea of writing a book like a pregnant mother who is holding a stillborn infant in her womb.

By the way, I tried to publish an article in a scientific journal single-handedly. After submitting it to four different journals over a year, I could successfully put it out on September 18, 2015. I am working on the second article now. I am told that I can be a good scientific writer. So, I prefer to write scientific articles than novels or fictional stories. I hope I will be a noble scientific writer in future.

setareh wrote:
In the second episode of your story just like the picture you posted you almost brought tears into my eyes, but the third episode was such a relief.

Oh uh… I didn’t know that my words are capable of putting tears in eyes. Furthermore, I didn’t mean to upset you and other readers. I just tried to be a realistic writer who reflects real hustles and bustles of life someone may encounter in an imaginary story. As you know very well, the ups and down are inevitable parts of every human’s life. They can be resembled the rising and falling waves of the normal cardiac rhythm which make the rhythm of life. So, the sounds of heart play the symphonic music of life: Lob.dob-lob.dob-lob.dob…

Nonetheless, if it turns into a flat line like below, it means you are not alive anymore.

setareh wrote:
We are impatiently waiting for the rest of your story.
Thanks so much for showing interest in my story. I was away last a few days and I couldn't submit the fourth episode of the story sooner than this. The next episode of the story will be available right in the next post. BUT STOP!

Content warning: The next blog you are about to read contains some bitter scenes. I apologize for probable inconvenience in advance if you get disturbed reading that.

Regards,
Hurieh
Jan 5th/ 2016
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

The story: 4th episode!

Post by Hurieh »

Fourth episode: Sara arrived at workplace with difficulties.

Sara was taking steps in an intact path which was covered with snow. She had the feeling as if she was the only living soul wandering in that dead mute sphere, where one might feel it was the end of the world—no bird, no animal, and no human. Although she had already been suffering from loneliness for a long time, but could not get used to it yet. All she could see around her was a world which was buried under white color of the snow.

On her way to the workplace, Sara was engulfed in several different thoughts; each was like a harness which took her to a single direction in which there was just despair and disappointment. These disturbing thoughts were about to drain off her entire hope. But there had still been a divine glimmer which shed hope to her soul and made her continue to survive.

The snow on the ground reached up to her knees and made it difficult for her to pass along that nearly impassable road. Little by little, it got even worse, and she felt that her fingers were being numbed due to the frostbite. However, she had to keep going. After walking for about thirty minutes, she saw the smoke rising the smokestack of a rather big building where she worked. So, it instilled more power to her feet, and she walked quickly and vigorously.

Very soon, she found herself at the big gate of the factory. It was a sewing factory in which she as well as dozens of labors worked there hardly. She was expected to stand on her feet besides a giant apparatus for long hours, and watch rotor spinning machine in order to see whether it worked well. Then, she got to put the woolens into boxes.

Sara entered the factory and moved towards the big saloon where labors were working with those gigantic machines.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Please wait for the next episode of the story.

Regards,
Hurieh
Jan 5th/ 2016
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi dear Setare, H I dear Hurie,

Actually I don't know what to write.....with warm tears covering my face I'm here to say I miss you and I love you.

I've missed writing aloooot. .....I've missed that elham who used to write those full of nice feelings posts enthusiastically.....

But I don't know what to write. Not only have I lost words,but also I've lost myself .....

I wish I could write a looong post......I wish.....

Love you,
Eli

setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dearest Elham

Post by setareh »

I didn't know that you are good at both making people laugh by your writings and also make them cry. Oh dear what happened to our happy and energetic Elham. Cheer up! Be happy. I am sure with God's help and your own strength there is no problem that you can not handle it.
I wish you all the happiness and prosperity. I hope your next writing is full of joy and jokes. {-: thanks for your reply.
Sincerely,
Setareh
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

You are a unique close book...

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Elham, hi

I’m truly delighted to read from you. Your post brought us happiness and joyfulness. Let me use a metaphor and clearly elaborate on my genuine feelings.

How do you feel if you see a tree has blossomed in the middle of a chilly winter? You will be amazed, am I right? I had the same feeling as soon as I saw your post, and I assume it was the same about other friends of ours too. So, please accept my sincere “welcome back” dear kind-hearted Elham.

Meanwhile, upon I saw your nice blog with its typical green font color, I tried to remember your last post and count the number of days you have been away from us. Then, these thoughts came into my mind.

Time is something uncountable. But human beings try to make it a countable parameter by attributing some names to it like “hour”, “day”, “week”, “month”, and et cetera. We can measure the time by using these customized measures, but we can’t determine what each word means to everybody.

I read the section below from the book , A patchwork of life, by : Debi Vietri

:ok: To realize the value of one YEAR ask a student who has failed a grade.

:ok: To realize the value of a one MONTH ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

:ok: To realize the value of one WEEK ask the editor of a newspaper.

:ok: To realize the value of one HOUR ask the couple waiting to be reunited after a lengthy absence.

:ok: To realize the value of one MINUTE ask the person who missed the train.

:ok: To realize the value of one SECOND ask the person who just avoided an accident.

Treasure each moment you have. Share it with someone special and make the most of the time together. Remember the time waits for no one. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

This was just a tangent to say that words are not capable of transferring our true feelings. I can’t convey my genuine feelings about missing you by pointing to some numbers and words.

Dear Elham, everyone is like a close book that has a unique universe in it. You are also a unique book that is worth reading and being with. Please let us go through your pages and have a journey throughout your world every once in a while. And always remember that we will miss you and your kind heart.

Love and warm wishes,
Hurieh
Jan 15th/ 2016
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Dear Behnam, Mohsen

Post by Mohsen »

setareh wrote:Hello dear Behnam, how are you doing? I hope everything is fine with you. Thanks for your beautiful pictures and your messages about New Year. Happy New Year to you too. I wish you all the best for you and your beloved family.
Dear Mohsen, how are you? Long time no writing! As you mentioned in your last post I guss you are so busy with making money; by now you must be buried under money. :-D I was kidding. Happy new year and I wish you and your beloved family all the best.
Dear Setareh,

I've buried under different jobs ,but money ,money is coming close ,but not available yet , maybe next month is the time to get first part of money , I have also a cheque to cash it in 25/12, I am counting the day for the next 45 days.

I always run away form jobs ,although jobs are ambushed , my friend deceived me to sign a contract , to undertake the job in three companies. now I have lost my wife , my virtual friends , my prayers , I use to say my prayer on time in mosque , but people in mosque lost Mohsen

poor Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

An Old Letter!

Post by behnam »

This is just to let you know that I've missed you terribly. I often meet some of you in the main chat room and chat with you, but many of you have been absent from the chat room for a long time. You are always in my thoughts. It is not possible to write every friend's name, since it will be boring for the readers. However, when I am saying I've missed you' I do mean it. I dislike saying something while I don't mean!

As I said, some of you come to the chat room, and I see your messages and your chats with others. Your presence makes me happy. But, it is really sad not to hear or read anything from you.

I agree with you that the pace of life is very fast these days. I am also busy with a lot of tasks. However, I don't like to be carried like a dead fish by the flow of water! I prefer to swim even against the flow of water! That's why I value friends and friendship, and write to my friends.

I used to send emails to my friends. Unfortunately, my yahoo messenger doesn't work! I tried to fix it, but I couldn't. It is perhaps because of the slow connection. I don't know.

If you need someone to listen to you, to share your sadness, I am always available. Count on me when you need someone to talk with, or to share your sadness. I am as strong as mountains. I am not boasting.

If life is difficult, if your colleagues don't understand you, if you feel sad or disappointed, don't worry, those feelings are common among people in this century. We must try to help each other, to spend some time with each other, to care about each other, otherwise sadness and difficulties will attack us!

Let's be kind and spread kindness unconditionally. The entire universe works based on love, justice, kindness and affection. Let's love humanity! let's focus on similarities. We are all human beings, with the same root. We are the same, we have got the same feelings and the same desires. We all cry when we are grieved. We all smile and laugh when we are happy. We eat, drink, and sleep, although we eat different things and sleep at different time! That's geography obligation. The skin colour, the lifestyle, the place we are living in , all unwanted differences mustn't make us separated. We are the same!

I love you wherever you are, AND I feel proud of this love!

All the best,

Behnam, 24 May, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Another Old Letter! WOW!

Post by behnam »

How are you? I hope you are fine. I know, in many parts of the world, the weather is hot. It bothers people. In Iran right now, it is 7:00am, but it is hot. I feel as if there is no sufficient Oxygen in the air to breathe. Well, we are human beings. In summers it is hot, in winters it is cold. We've got always something to nag about. :):):)

As you know, Ostriches have two wings and a lot of feathers. Therefore, they are birds. On the other hand, they have many similarities with camel. They have long neck and legs. However, they are neither bird nor camel! In Persian language Ostrich is said 'Camel-hen'(shotormorgh). They aren't bird, because they cannot fly like birds. If you ask an ostrich to fly it will say, "I'm not a bird. I cannot fly!" If you ask it to carry some load like what camels do, it will say, 'I am not a camel. I cannot carry load!" The question is this: What are you?

In some countries, women work much more than men. They work both at their workplaces and at homes. In developed countries for instance, women are much more effective than men. They shoulder the responsibilities of life. If you'd like to know how effective women are, google 'single parent children' to see how many ladies are looking after their children and working(the are actually playing two roles at the same time. They are father and mother of their children!)

In some nations, ladies are like Ostrich. They love modern life. They have high expectations. They follow modern lifestyles. In terms of wearing makeup or other cultural issues for example, they follow women in modern countries, but when it comes to working and shouldering the responsibilities of life, they follow Islamic rules! Do you know what Islam says about the right of women? "..you men must pay for your wife if she cooks, feeds the child, works at home.."

Briefly speaking, in some places women, on the one hand, have chosen the easy rules and cultures of advanced countries. On the other hand, they have chosen the beneficial parts of the Islamic rules which speak about their rights. In these countries, they are ruling the men. Men are slaves! :):):):):)

Behnam, stop it! A word is enough for wise people to know what you are saying!

All the best,

Behnam, 13th June, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Crying! Another Old Letter!

Post by behnam »

For my Azerbaijani Friends,

صبا من‌نن سوئيله او نازلي يارا
بلبل گلستانه گلسين گلمسين؟
بو هجران دوشدگي ايلر خسته سي
قاپيه درمانه گلسين گلمسين؟

من قرباني اوليم عنبر تللرين،
پسته دوداغلارين اينجه ديلرين
او لاله اوزين مشكين خالارين
اودوا پروانه گلسين گلمسين؟

گوزيم چوخ حسرتدي خمار گوزينه
گلشن جمالينه شكر سوزينه
اوتانيرام نجه دئيم اوزينه
دردين چكن خسته جانه گلسين گلمسين؟

بهنام استمز سنسيز دنياني
عزتي شوكتي شهرتي شأني

دا بير زاده قالميبدي اميدي
بو باش او سودايه گلسين گلمسين؟

Something For my Persian Friends,

در هر انديشه‌اي، حتي اگر باطل باشد، سايه‌اي از حقيقت وجود دارد
در كتاب "استعداد تحصيلي" ويژه آزمون دكترا يك سوال جالب ديدم: يك ساعت عقربه‌اي، كه باطري آن كاملاً خالي شده است، در هر 24 ساعت چند بار زمان را درست نشان مي‌دهد؟

حتي يك ساعت خراب نيز در هر 24 ساعت 2 بار زمان را درست نشان مي‌دهد

Something In English,

The vast majority of my friends know English very well. Undoubtedly, when someone surfs the net, browses the websites, uses the Internet and has got account in public places such as EC knows English effectively.

As you may know, one of the most essential qualities for a good manager is transparency. In my view, not only in successful management, but also in other aspects of the real life, being transparent to others is good. We all have some redlines in our life. It is normal. But, the redlines should be as sharp and narrow as possible. Sharpness makes them easily recognizable and narrowness makes people comfortable and gives them more freedom. In other words, when you have sharp and narrow redlines, it is easy for people to interact with you.

I wrote this quite long preface to say that men are more transparent than women.Throughout the history, men have revealed their feelings and, particularly, their expectations from the opposite sex! For example, in the written Azerbaijani poems above, the man is addressing his most loved things that he expects from his love. Men often say, "women are not understandable". Some others say, 'Women are created to be loved, not to be understood"! One of the reasons for these cruel remarks is that women rarely reveal their true characters. Actually, the majority of poets and authors in the world are men. Therefore, men have more opportunities than women to introduce themselves. On the contrary, women have a tendency to hide themselves! Why? Is it their own choice or we men have forced them to be silent? I don't know, but I believe there is something which is worth noticing! The great moderator of the chat room usually likes topics for discussion. I believe, this paragraph can be a mine of topic for debate and discussion. LOL

Feel free, do not hesitate to challenge the mentioned opinion. I will reply your messages after being back.

I am leaving Tehran today, but it doesn't mean I will forget you and the sweet moments I've spent with you. You will be with me; in my thoughts and heart wherever I go! I will miss you.

All the best,
Behnam, 29 June, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

OMG! Old things!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

How are you? I hope you are fine.

Just to inform you, so sorry to tell you that I am not feeling well today! I am worried about my little kids and my young wife! Why?

Last week, I visited my doctor and he wanted me to have a checkup. He suggested that I visit a heart specialist too. Today, I went to a special clinic to have my heart tested. Heart Function Test in rest and Echocardiography were both OK, but, according to the doctor, Heart Function Test in sport( Walking on a treadmill while some wires were connected to my chest and a device which showed the graphs..) was not OK! I didn't feel any pain on my chest while doing the exercise on the treadmill. The doctor said, "Although you didn't feel pain, your vessels are narrow. Your heart doesn't work properly. There are some noticeable noises in the graphs. You have to have Angiography as soon as possible."

I am shocked and disappointed! Sorry to share such bad things with you. I am ready to die, since I am tired of this boring world, but to be honest, I am really worried about my family! They will face with many problems! :-( :-( :-(

On Tuesday night I will stay in Hospital and on Wednesday the doctor is going to visualize the inside of blood vessels in my heart. I haven't made final decision yet, because I am shocked and I am also negotiating with some friends who are involved in medical science. I want you to pray for me at these special nights. I want you to pray for my family at these sacred holy moments in Ramadan. I want you to forgive me! I want you not to forget me!

Cry my eyes it's leaving time, even rocks and stones cry when leaving friends! I will miss you all the time! :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

All the best,
Behnam, 27 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

God and Friends, Thanks! An old letter!

Post by behnam »

Hi my great valuable friends,

How are you? I hope you are doing well.

After having open-heart operation; by pass surgery from 5 places of a blocked vessel in my heart, I am at home now. The first thing I am doing is checking the messages and emails. I don't know what to say and how to mention to the things are in my thoughts now. I think 'thank you' is not a proper phrase to say, but what should I say? I really don't know!

It is not an illusion to say that I personally felt and saw God's special attention and support. I REALLY FELT IT! God, THANK YOU!

I felt the closeness of your hearts with myself. THANK YOU for praying and caring. You are like some valuable treasures.

Many stories I've got to tell you. This was a great experience. God put me in such an amazing situation to experience some wonderful things.

Every thing was and is wonderful. You don't need to worry, since in a miracle way God wants to keep me alive for a while! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will talk to you later. I will stay at home for more than two months to get fully recovered, so I will have a lot of time to be with you. :lol:

Thank you again.
Bye for now.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 August, 2013

Happy Edi-Aul-Fiter to all Muslims and humanity!
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
mmmaruf

Post by mmmaruf »

Thank to introduce me with this great site :-D
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi dear Behnam,
Oh good old days....good old days.....good old days.....

Whenever I remember sth from the past,that sweet past, I feel lots of mixed feelings n my heart. Sweetness, bitterness,joyness, happiness, sadness, love......

You know dear, I'm so honored to be part of your past although I've got a very very little part. You're friendship has been one of he sweetest events in my life.

Your name is ingraved on my heart for ever,

Wish you first complete health and next success in your studies and then happiness in your heart and last smile on your lips and .....I wanted to continue but I can't ;-) ;-) ;-) :-D

Yoyrs Sincerely,
Eli
loulou

Post by loulou »

Hi there Guys I REALLY am happy I bumped into this site it perfectly fits what I ve Been searching for.As many of you folks I too desire to improve my english lge in all aspects:vocabulary,grammar,Idioms and pronunciation.anyway,looking forward to working with u all {-:
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Thanks Elham!

Post by behnam »

Hi Elham,

Thank you very much for your sweet words. That's very kind, and of course, very generous of you. Don't you know my heart is weak? The sweetness of your words may create a lot of heat in my heart then it melts. I am sure, as a Chemical Engineer you know sweetness can be converted into heat! {-: {-: {-:

All the best,
Behnam, 5 February, 2016
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Friends,
I wish you a pleasure day along with happiness for you and your family on occasion 38th celebration Islamic revolution of Iran.
I enjoy listening the revolutionary music which broadcasting from TV and radio.

All the best,
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Frame of Reference!

Post by behnam »

Hi dear friends,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing great. Some people are judgmental. To be honest with you, I was used to judging people and criticizing them too quickly. However, I have decided to break this bad habit. I knew it was something unreasonable, but I couldn't stop judging people's actions, reactions in different societies.

Recently, I think every individual has got a frame of reference. What they observe is just valid in their own frame of reference. In other words, mankind is obliged to us a frame of reference for observation the world around herself/himself. Then, s/he collects information about something through observation in her/his frame of reference. As a matter of fact, things are observed differently in different references. Therefore, what one sees may differ from what someone else sees! That is why almost all things are relative.

If we don't know and don't believe that our different views, ideas, opinions, observations, and judgements, are just because of having different coordinates which are based on our particular set of beliefs, ideas or experiences that affects how we understand or judges something, we are in danger of choosing our own frame of reference and attack any ideas that do not fit it! This is what we often do in everyday life.

One has got limited field of view. What S/he sees is located inside her/his field of regard. Suppose one is climbing a mounting. S/he approaches the mountain from some limited angle. What s/he observes are limited to her/his field of view. S/he is not aware of other sides/angles of the mountain! Seeing something in the mountain is one of the observation we do. This rule can be applied to all aspects of life; what human beings see, feel, measure, detect, etc.

I believe, we never understand each other. Why? Because we are attached to our frame of reference. What we see, feel, measure, etc. is only valid for ourselves. What I mean by 'white' is different from what someone else means when s/he says such-and-such thing is "white"!

Suppose, God forbid, two mothers have lost their babies. Lady A says: I am very sad. Lady B shows sympathy and says: I understand what you mean by being sad, I have lost my baby too. I know how difficult it is. This is wrong! Why? The amount of sadness and its intensity is different in different frame of references(for two mothers).

I say: I am hungry. For you, being hungry has got a special definition. According to your own experiences in your frame of reference, you have got your definition for that. You don't know how much hungry I am, and how much tolerance against hunger I have got.

Human beings cannot understand each other. What we mean by saying "I understand you" is something vague. We have to change our frame of references, to approach things from different angles, to experience the same thing in different coordinates to have an almost good observation about that. However, changing the references may help us in measuring something as accurately as the references allows us, but we shouldn't forget that the uncertainty is still there. We cannot escape from the uncertainties.

...can be continued!

Thank you for reading.

It is time to have respect for someone if s/he says that is "6", although in our frame of reference we may see it is "9"!

All the best,
Behnam, February 17, 2016
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Preparation!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

In a group of people from different nations, the question "is crying a sign of weakness?" was a topic for discussion. People had some interesting opinions about it. I also gave my opinion.

The question is tricky somehow. According to statistics, women typically cry 5 times more than men. The question is indirectly related to a common belief that women are weaker than men, that is why they cry more than them! However, I completely disagree with that. I believe, crying is a gift. It is a natural response of human to some feelings such as sadness and happiness. It is not a sign of weakness.

Now, the question is this: Why do women cry more than men? This is maybe true, but there are several reasons for that. I believe, we men have lost something very important and valuable in our childhood. It is the ability to cry! How? Our parents have taught us not to cry. They have said; "Big boys don't cry!". They have stopped us from crying. Instead, they have encouraged us to show anger, and to be aggressive. For a boy that is OK to become angry, but for a girl it is not OK! More or less, such things have been taught to us in our childhood. If a girl is aggressive she is not a good girl, but if she cries or becomes depressed that's OK! Men should be 'act out', women should be 'act in'! Wrong!

For many years those pieces of advice have been given to us by our parents. Those things have caused men to hide some of their feelings. Men believe if they cry they lose their credibility as a strong man. They lose their value and importance. They lose the respect they receive from others, specially from family members.

I think men are emotionally more fragile than women. But, why don't they cry? They cry in a hidden way. If Men cannot cry, they have lost an important ability.

I believe, it is only a matter of preparation! We have got an ideal definition for men and for women. We put them in a frame and form them to be like what we define! We prepare them to act in accordance with what we expect! We expect them to be like what we teach to them, so what we see is the fruits of our own planted tree. We are reaping what we have sowed.

It is like preparing some ingredients for cooking food. We may use meat, rice, beans, etc. When eating, we will see the same used ingredients, not something else. Men don't cry, because they have been shaped like that!

Our cultures are mostly built on the belief that powerful men mustn't cry! We men have lost something important in our childhood, and we are always looking for that. However, nothing can compensate what we have lost. Even the greatest wife cannot make it up for a man. We haven't been touched, hugged, kissed, loved, etc. as much as our sisters have been. Girls receive much more love from their parents, relatives, and friends, than boys do!

What we reap now is the direct result of what we have sowed. Most of the differences between men and women, when it comes to acting and reacting, are just matters of preparation. Human beings are the same with almost the same feelings, needs, and emotions.

All the best,
Behnam, 18 February, 2016
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Making friends and forgetting the friednship!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

How are you? I hope you are doing well. The main goal of this message is to let you know that I've missed you. I hope the message is transferred well enough to let you know how much I've missed you. It won't, because only some words are transferred by this message. You don't hear my tone of voice and don't see my body languages which are respectively 37% and 55% responsible for transferring messages. Words only transfer 8% of the message. You can google "Albert Mehrabian" to see his famous article in this regard.

These days, making friends is like downloading files from the Internet, without having time to watch or listen to them! Suppose we are browsing the webs, we come across with some files. We become surprised and download them eagerly. However, we won't have time to use those things. This is a fact. We meet people and get interested in them. We establish friendships but we haven't got enough time to share with them. We won't care about the friendships. This is mysterious. The lack of time is just an excuse. Why? Why do we lack time? We have got many things to do? why? The majority of those things are defined to us, are put on our schedules without our intention! This is the main point! :)

Something terrible has occurred! We are always running, as if hurrying after something we have lost, without knowing what it is! We are not allowed to stop, see and think where we are and where we are going!

In my opinion, we are chasing a mirage. What has caused or created that? I am not sure, but I guess capitalism(by means of technology) has an active and effective role in this phenomenon!

The story is long. I am sure you know what I am saying. :)

All the best,

Behnam, 4 March, 2016

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

The 3000th post!

Post by behnam »

Hi dears,

How are you? I hope you are doing well. I am fine, if you care about me. {-:

This is the 3000th post in this thread. I have traced quite a long path from December 2007 up to now. I put my first post on WWW.English-at-home.com in December 2007. Good old days! I don't know what will happen in the future. Could I be able to continue this path? Where does the path lead to? I don't know, but I've got a sense of belonging to this thread entitled beautifully 'let's learn together!'. I guess this path will be traced as long as the process of learning exists in the world of humanity. Although new generations show little interest in such activities, let's just hope some change will occur in the world in a way that people will care about togetherness! I hope so!

All the best,
Behnam, 11 March, 2016
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Friends

Thank God that let me , my family ,my friends be alive and living in 1394, and let us start our new year of 1395 in health.
Happy new year to all of you , I have my life like very year , amuse of beautiful plant and flower at home and going to parties everyday . all together I had a successful year in 94, but it had a lot of rooms to use it in better way , My motto is to use maximum from the minimum opportunities.
the pictures of some plants I have at home.

One of funny moments was the last Friday , I made an appointment with a person from Malaysia in one of Tehran Hotel , I went with my boss to meet him there ,at 7 took plane seat and was in the hotel at 10 in the morning , but he wasn’t there ,he didn’t answer his mobile phone and in the hotel book list there was not his name , what had happened for him . I open my lab top and check his emails , I saw what a big mistake I had made , the date of meeting was 18 of Apr. and I was in the hotel on 18 of March. Oh my God how could I say to my boss about such a big carelessness .
In such a rush hours of years , I took my boss to Tehran on a wrong date . My boss told me Mohsen why you are laughing , we are waiting for him for one hours ,you should angry , I told “ his wife didn’t let him to come , he had to clean his house to help his wife “ and again was laughing. I didn’t dare to say him the fact.
Finally we left the hotel and went to air port to come back.

On the First day of 95 I wrote a message to my boss

Dear Mr… ,
Wishing you and your family a prosperous and successful new year and …..
Dear Mr… I am sorry to say that I made a big mistake in date of meeting . I checked the emails and I saw the date of meeting was 18 Apr, I screwed up your busy schedule in the last days of 94 .
Dear Mr. .. It was my mistake , so that all this travel charges are on my account , although I can’t make up your valuable time which was spared.
Yours sincerely
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I know when I undertake all charges , it makes my boss more happy , my boss is originally from Khozastan , and it was proved for him that how much Esfahani people are generous .
I still laughing when remember the memory
B.Wishes
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani