Smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, TalkingPoint

PYJimmyPrice

Re: Smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes.

Post by PYJimmyPrice » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:35 pm

I think this is a great idea
High taxed indeed reduce the consumers of cigarettes. Smoking can affect a person’s health and may even kill a person, so the benefits of paying high taxes for cigarettes to this society are enormous.
I do not know whether high taxes of cigarettes will increase crimes or not, because some of people they will rob someone because they do not have enough money to buy a cigarette, but anyway I think high taxes of cigarettes is a really really great idea.

clstudenttt

Post by clstudenttt » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:36 pm

Personally speaking, I totally agree the statement. Cigarettes are harmful to our body and causing diseases such as lung cancer. Also, cigarettes are addictive. If someone constantly smoking, it is hard for him to give up this bad habit. In addition, second-hand-cigraettes are disruptive to others around the smoker. Therefore, due to these reasons, I believe the high taxes for cigarette are necessary. ;-)

mwbiubiubiu

Post by mwbiubiubiu » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:39 pm

From Jerry
Smoking is so bad for the smokers and will cause a series of diseases like heart diseases, lung cancer and high blood pressure. When smokers smoke, chemicals in tobacco like carbon monoxide will damage the blood vessels, narrow air ways and damage air sacs. So people gets oxygenated blood slower than before. Some people say that smoking can help you to stay awake, but CO will slow down the circulatory system and will slow down the rate of getting oxygen. Also, people who can’t quit smoking is because it is a long term disease.

CLCatherine

Post by CLCatherine » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:31 pm

Hey everyone
First of all, I agree with this view. I am in favor of raising the tax on cigarettes! Because raising taxes means that the overall cost of buying cigarettes increased. Many people will not be able to pay high taxes for a long time, and choose to quit smoking. So you can reduce the number of people who smoke. Smoking is not good for your health and others' health, can lead to heart disease, lung cancer. ..Taxes can be mandatory to help people quit smoking,That is a really great idea.

LZDERR

Post by LZDERR » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:42 pm

Well, I think it is not bad, because price will be up and it can control the smoking people do not wast money in smoking, but we should pay attention that the price should not go up quickly, we should make the price up step by step.

PYJimmyPrice

Post by PYJimmyPrice » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:08 am

I think this is a great idea
High taxed indeed reduce the consumers of cigarettes. Smoking can affect a person’s health and may even kill a person, so the benefits of paying high taxes for cigarettes to this society are enormous.
I do not know whether high taxes of cigarettes will increase crimes or not, because some of people they will rob someone because they do not have enough money to buy a cigarette, but anyway I think high taxes of cigarettes is a really really great idea.

JJAaron

Post by JJAaron » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:33 am

i think it's not a good idea because smokers have the freedom to smoke. Taxes are not the useful way for them to smoke.

JJAaron

Post by JJAaron » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:34 am

i think it's not a good idea because smokers have the freedom to smoke. Taxes are not the useful way for them to smoke.

TGlalalala

Post by TGlalalala » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:28 am

In my opinion, not only smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes, but also everyone. Because there will be some new smokers to by them. Also, the old smokers may ask their friend who isn't a smoker to buy cigarettes for him or her.
But I just found out that a lot of designers are smoker because of their job. They always have a lot of work to do, so they usually stay up late to do them. So sometimes cigarettes is necessary, but we still need to help smokers to give up smoking.

TGlalalala

Post by TGlalalala » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:31 am

In my opinion, not only smokers should pay high taxes for cigarettes, but also everyone. Because there will be some new smokers to by them. Also, the old smokers may ask their friend who isn't a smoker to buy cigarettes for him or her.
But I just found out that a lot of designers are smoker because of their job. They always have a lot of work to do, so they usually stay up late to do them. So sometimes cigarettes is necessary, but we still need to help smokers to give up smoking.