Citation help

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

mariaver

Citation help

Post by mariaver »

Hello I need some help with citations:
1) I want to quote a famous saying : "two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I am not sure about the universe" How can I do that because the author is unknown and it's a saying. How do I cite it?
2) I am writing a book and I have described a plot of a movie but changed a lot of things. It's similar but not the same. Should I cite? If so, what piece?

Please can you help me because I can't find anything anywhere!

Maria
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Citation help

Post by Joe »

1) the author may be Einstein
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Just as a general rule of life, if you want to get an answer don't ask two questions. That's the trick politicians play. They let the media ask "two questions each" (wow, how generous) and then they don't answer either of them. How dumb!
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

If you want two separate answers, ask two separate questions. If you can't be bothered to post two separate questions, why would anyone be bothered to answer?

Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Just my impression. I could be wrong.