Medical Marijuana

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Post Reply
manrat
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 6:06 pm
Status: Learner of English

Medical Marijuana

Post by manrat » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Hello,

following a discussion in California about allowing the medical use of marijuana, I came across an article on CNN. Here is a quote:

"Federal authorities may prosecute sick people who smoke pot on doctors' orders, the Supreme Court ruled Monday, concluding that state medical marijuana laws don't protect users from a federal ban on the drug."

source:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/06/scotu ... ijuana.ap/
Is the medical use of marijuana in your country/state allowed?

User avatar
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 739
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am

Re: Medical Marijuana

Post by Shazzam » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:55 am

manrat wrote:Hello,

following a discussion in California about allowing the medical use of marijuana, I came across an article on CNN. Here is a quote:

"Federal authorities may prosecute sick people who smoke pot on doctors' orders, the Supreme Court ruled Monday, concluding that state medical marijuana laws don't protect users from a federal ban on the drug."

source:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/06/scotu ... ijuana.ap/

I'm not 100 percent sure; but I think it is for terminally ill patients in this country. I say why not they will have to take some sort of pain killers all pretty much the same.
Is the medical use of marijuana in your country/state allowed?

User avatar
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:01 am

Post by idalia » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:17 am

No it isn't. In Mexico is illegal to use any kind of drugs. :shock:

manrat
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 6:06 pm
Status: Learner of English

Post by manrat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:51 pm

I can recall one or two related court decisions in Germany. I believe it was in 2003, when a court allowed patients who had Crohn's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis etc to use marijuana to alleviate symptoms of their diseases. I don't know if there have been similar decisions in the past two years.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:36 pm

I like the news. I don't like seeing people getting all high when they use Marijuana. They look weird to me. And it might have several dangers on the body,
Marijuana Dangers
Impaired perception
Diminished short-term memory
Loss of concentration and coordination
Impaired judgement
Increased risk of accidents
Loss of motivation
Diminished inhibitions
Increased heart rate
Anxiety, panic attacks, and paranoia
Hallucinations
Damage to the respiratory, reproductive, and immune systems
Increased risk of cancer
Psychological dependency

(quoted http://www.acde.org/common/Marijana.htm)

Here's another link about it, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marijuana

User avatar
calumhagget
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am
Status: Other

Re: Medical Marijuana

Post by calumhagget » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:37 am

It's too late to post reply here but according to me medical marijuana card holders have no problem getting the marijuana in legalized states.

Shonuff
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:58 am
Status: Learner of English

Re:

Post by Shonuff » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:24 pm

manrat wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:51 pm
I can recall one or two related court decisions in Germany. I believe it was in 2003, when a court allowed patients who had Crohn's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis etc to use marijuana to alleviate symptoms of their diseases. I don't know if there have been similar decisions in the past two years
That's the main reason why weed is going to be legal in Canada soon. Too much data on how it helps ppl cope with really painful diseases. If it's helping them than who are we to judge. In Vancouver, it's kind of part of our culture. Most including myself have had tried it in High School and so on. It's normal guys. At least for us.

User avatar
Frankyconnor
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 am
Status: Teacher of English

Re: Medical Marijuana

Post by Frankyconnor » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:01 am

The legalization of marijuana for medical reasons is viewed favorably by many Americans, including members of the medical community and Congress. Some of the arguments for medical marijuana include:

1. Marijuana is effective in relieving nausea and vomiting. Studies have shown that pharmaceutical cannabis can decrease nausea caused by chemotherapy used to treat cancer and almost completely eliminate vomiting.

2. Marijuana can relieve the spasticity of the muscles that is sometimes associated with multiple sclerosis and paralysis.

3. Marijuana can help treat appetite loss associated with conditions such as HIV/AIDS and certain types of cancers.

4. Marijuana can relieve certain types of chronic pain, including neuropathic pain.

5. Marijuana is safer than some other medications prescribed to treat the same symptoms. For example, it may be used instead of opioids for pain management. Opioids are highly addictive and are typically not recommended for long-term use in treating chronic pain.

6. Studies show that smoking marijuana alone (without the concurrent use of tobacco) does not increase the risk of lung diseases.

7. Cannabis does not need to be smoked to be medically beneficial. Products such as cannabidiol (CBD) oils, topical pain relief treatments, edibles, and other non-smoking applications are now available.

8. As research continues, more of the individual compounds in cannabis are being found to be beneficial. When isolated—such as CBD has been—these may lead to further advancements in medical treatment options without the "high" produced by the compound commonly known as THC.

9. Marijuana has been used for centuries as a natural medicinal agent to good effect.

GlennMarsh
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 9:51 am
Status: Learner of English

Re: Medical Marijuana

Post by GlennMarsh » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:40 am

It takes away the pain, helps people going through chemo eat and not get sick afterward, helps with the shakes and anxiety, there are tons of reasons to use medical marijuana.

____________
cbd benefits

Mrdaudiqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:09 am
Status: Learner of English

Re:

Post by Mrdaudiqbal » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:40 pm

idalia wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:17 am
No it isn't. In Mexico is illegal to use any kind of drugs. :shock:
yes i agree
Daud Iqbal
(kpk teaching jobs,student jobs specialist)

Mrdaudiqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:09 am
Status: Learner of English

Re:

Post by Mrdaudiqbal » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:24 pm

idalia wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:17 am
No it isn't. In Mexico is illegal to use any kind of drugs. :shock:
yes true
Daud Iqbal
(kpk teaching jobs,student jobs specialist)

Mrdaudiqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:09 am
Status: Learner of English

Re: Medical Marijuana

Post by Mrdaudiqbal » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:25 pm

Frankyconnor wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:01 am
The legalization of marijuana for medical reasons is viewed favorably by many Americans, including members of the medical community and Congress. Some of the arguments for medical marijuana include:

1. Marijuana is effective in relieving nausea and vomiting. Studies have shown that pharmaceutical cannabis can decrease nausea caused by chemotherapy used to treat cancer and almost completely eliminate vomiting.

2. Marijuana can relieve the spasticity of the muscles that is sometimes associated with multiple sclerosis and paralysis.

3. Marijuana can help treat appetite loss associated with conditions such as HIV/AIDS and certain types of cancers.

4. Marijuana can relieve certain types of chronic pain, including neuropathic pain.

5. Marijuana is safer than some other medications prescribed to treat the same symptoms. For example, it may be used instead of opioids for pain management. Opioids are highly addictive and are typically not recommended for long-term use in treating chronic pain.

6. Studies show that smoking marijuana alone (without the concurrent use of tobacco) does not increase the risk of lung diseases.

7. Cannabis does not need to be smoked to be medically beneficial. Products such as cannabidiol (CBD) oils, topical pain relief treatments, edibles, and other non-smoking applications are now available.

8. As research continues, more of the individual compounds in cannabis are being found to be beneficial. When isolated—such as CBD has been—these may lead to further advancements in medical treatment options without the "high" produced by the compound commonly known as THC.

9. Marijuana has been used for centuries as a natural medicinal agent to good effect.
interesting ...
Daud Iqbal
(kpk teaching jobs,student jobs specialist)

Post Reply